Best Game Of 2011

BenLuke

I got a few games from 2011, but most of my stuff I got last year were games I missed out on. And I have about 5 games which I even have yet to play which I want to from 2011 (inFamous 2, littleBIG Planet 2, Bleach: Soul Ressurecion, Portal 2, and Skyward Sword, and you can see there are some big ones I've yet to play) anyways, I have a top 10 list.1: Arcana Heart 32: Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy3: Kingdom Hearts re:coded4: inFamous: Festival of Blood5: Mario Kart 76: Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland7: Dead or Alive: Dimensions8: Zenonia 3 & 4: The Midgard Story and Return of the Legend9: Mighty Switch Force10: Pushmo

Edited by Terminus24

Tough question. Out of all the games I have tried of this year my top 10 would be1. Portal 22. Sonic Generations3. Batman: Arkham City4. Rayman Origins5. Sonic CD (360)6. Mortal Kombat 7. Dead Space 28. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (sue me)9. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 310. L.A. NoireThat's pretty much my Top 10 of 2011.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Ummm... Wow.I definitely can't call myself a gamer, so it's good that I don't. My game of the year is probably backgammon.That being said, Minecraft went 1.0 (and later 1.1), so, since I play that, I guess it would have to be my pick.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hardly played any games from 2011, but I guess I would have to say Alice: Madness Returns. Even if it is a lot due to waiting for it for 11 years, but it's still a great game.Skyrim was of course also good, and I'm sure that if I could run it, I would say the same about Battlefield 3.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Of the games I've played this year, I thought that Skyrim was the best adventure game, and Battlefield 3 the best FPS. It's been so long since I've been back to Wake Island and Karkand City...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I can never choose a "best game", but the one that really stands out in my memory is Ghost Trick. A very fun, unique, and stylish puzzle/adventure game for the DS that was largely overlooked.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm going with a more obscure game here: Rayman Origins.Hands-down, the best game I've played this year. Also the most stylish and unique art-style I've ever heard.

How do you hear an art style?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm going with a more obscure game here: Rayman Origins.Hands-down, the best game I've played this year. Also the most stylish and unique art-style I've ever heard.

How do you hear an art style?
12787147.jpgnobodys saying arkham city :[ it was better than skyrim, foo....

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Three:Rayman Origins: For its epic revive of Rayman, beautiful artwork(and nymphs XD), awesome gameplay, and a being one of the few non gory games to come out near the end of the year.Halo CEA: For a great celebration of 10 years of Halo, mind blowing revamp of graphics in the campaign, return of 6 classic multiplayer maps, and a way for new fans to catch up on the story.Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Need I say more? Beautiful graphics, amazing abilities, thousands of quests, amazing story, and dragons.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Didn't play a lot of games this year, but Skyward would probably have to be my winner.Portal 2 would win if it weren't for that 7th chapter...ugh...FILLER...

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved Portal 2. And I liked the

acceleration/bounce/portal gels

as well. I just felt like in that whole chuck of the game I wasn't making any forward progress and it frustrated me.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

:kaukau: Pac-Man. Because you didn't specify that the game had to be released in 2011.Actually, I don't play games. From what I've seen, Portal 2 looks interesting and polished. Just anything but Call of Duty. I'll never understand how for millions of teenage boys it's their life.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I purchased 5 games from 2011 this year; Portal 2, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim.Now I'm a major fan of the franchise, but I'd immediately disqualify Uncharted 3 because of the fact that it didn't raise the bar from Uncharted 2 (my 2009 GOTY) at all. The game proved itself a worthy successor by the end, with several epic moments and excellent character development, however the experience was less polished and less fresh then it was in the last entry in the series. I never touched the multiplayer or co-op, but in my mind the singleplayer didn't quite expand on the second game like I would hope. Battlefield 3 is a fantastic multiplayer experience, a cheerfully fun distraction to enjoy with friends. From a crashing a jet, to defending a bomb site in a tank, to balls out rushing with a tricked out shotgun, BF3 never lets down on entertaining moments. What I've played of the singleplayer was decent, but it does little to distinguish itself from its completion; it borrows heavily from the Cod4 mission structure and the Blops story and handles neither aspect quite as well. As a result the campaign rarely rose above a strictly forgettable time sink, although it is never miserable.For the week or so that I played it, Skyrim was the most amazing thing ever. It is such an amazing culmination of (almost) everything I want in a Role Playing Game, I simply became overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things to do and wound up quitting. However, glitches and stiff character animations come far from belittling this amazing experience.However, Portal 2 is such a triumph of game design and writing that I feel obligated to give it my personal Game of The Year. Here is a game that we can hold to be a new standard standard of amazing writing and storytelling, with amazing levels and mechanics. Round it off with spectular voice acting, quirky humor only Valve could deliver, and unforgettable moments, and you have a fantastic game. oh, and I also played a fair amount of multiplayer on my friend's PS3. While undoubtedly a massive blockbuster, it falls flat on innovation and... well, being fun. Seriously, Cod has been a major disappointment since the release of MW2, and this title is no different. This game belongs nowhere in a discussion of GOTY.

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

Somebody complaining about filler in a game that is often considered too short...

Uh, what? The FIRST Portal was too short (well, some people say that, I thought it was fine though), Portal 2 is a decent length. Besides, I've read around, plenty of people hated the 7th chapter. Well, I didn't hate it, I just felt it was an artificial lengthing that wasted a really cool concept. Edited by Ddude the Insane

Just anything but Call of Duty. I'll never understand how for millions of teenage boys it's their life.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

because they're entertaining games? i'm not crazy about CoD, but i see the appeal and i do own most of the games. they're just fun, well made games that appeal to a wide audience. they also great for playing with friends. Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

Out of those I have finished, which are Portal 2 and Saints Row: The Third, I'm going to have to go with SR:TT.Why? Because it's hilariously OTT.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~