Bionicle Character Poster

Phyoohrii

absolutely amazing! I love how unviewed chracters were still part of this. And some chracters have extra details like different verisons (Like nuva, hordika, etc.) or nuhrii when he is sculpting a mask. or amaya with flax. My only question is, why does kopeke have a new mask and the old one is broken?

Oh man, this is so great! Thank you to the staff and such for highlighting me. And thanks for all the replies! This is really sweet.

You must have some kind of insane patience to undertake this. Wow, I don't even recognize have the creatures on here! It just begs to be compartmentalized too. You've got infinite combination potential here, by set, by year, by group, etc etc....

Rayg :0

That crossed my mind early on, how to actually going about arranging it, and it would probably be a good idea (certainly would be easier to find characters and such). It seemed kinda boring to me though to actually have any structure to it, like based on Element, Class, Colour, Affiliation or whatever. And yeah, there are just a huge number of ways of doing it, and certainly doesn't have to be the 18x24 or the 27x16 ways that I did it. But random number generation has sorta become my thing, so that's what I went with.

Wow, that is amazing, Phyroohii. The fact that you set out to complete this project and actually completed it says a lot. Some of the graphics don't seem up-to-par to the rest details-wise, but all-in-all it's a fantastic(ally large) poster.

There are definitely ones on here that I'm not that happy on, severely lacking essential detail and often looking rather wacky. Some of these had revisions along the way, dealing with oversights and whatever, but definitely some of these need serious work to be top notch.

This is simply amazing. I like your style, seems like it would probably be one of the easiest ways to go about doing 400+ characters in about a year.

Ye-ep, just about the easiest I reckon. :P I mean, there is negligible difference between most of the Matoran, most of this is working off templates, obviously. But that's how I roll, because I was never much of a typical pencil/paper artist. Discovered vector years ago, and worked on things with it every now and again. Probably not as good as some of the people you see around here who've picked up vector art more recently, something I'd probably like to address too if I wasn't busy with study and music now.

Fantastic job. I love how you have the "Bionicle" words in the background, which you have to kinda stand back to see. Great piece of work.

The BOIL INCE words was thought about late (well, actually, 1/6 into the project) because I thought it was a bit bland, and there needed to be little doubt about what was going on here, it was a BIONICLE poster. Not wanting to obscure the characters underneath the letters too much, I tried to make it as non-invasive as possible while still being visible from a distance. According to my screen resolution, if a poster of this was actually printed, it would appear to be only 24% of the size, which is a pretty reasonable size to see the letters from a good selection of distances.

I really should have made the words though to go from top to bottom along 2 columns, rather than across along 4 rows, and yet BOIL INCE is pretty hilarious. Boiled mince.

I would just like to thank you for all of the nostalgia you brought back for me. It has been a while since I have been even on this site, let alone posted on a forum, and the day I decide to check the site I see this. Great job.

This post makes it all worth it. It's a whole nostalgia pile up in this business. That was half the fun, really, for the sake of nostalgia. Also it was fun to make the sets that I never got, more than anything, such as the Mahri and Glatorian and such.

Whoa, man. That's a huge one. They're all good, but three caught my attention:Lhikan ( he's my favorite Toa ), Krekka ( seems really dumb! ) and Hakann ( who looks like a gangsta bully ). Also, Element Lords are very well done. And VNOG ones made me remember how good was that game in my opinion. Oh, and grats for reaching the front page!

The Element Lords are probably my least favourite because I know they could be a ton better. Sayger's originals were pretty incredible, and mine are only loosely based off of his (though Jungle may be more faithful?). Most disappointed with the Ice one, who is probably my favourite of the six Lords. Which is saying a lot because the Fire and Water ones were the biggest pains to do. Anyway. Krekka was a bizarre amalgamation of the set and movie versions which turned out alright. Lhikan was fun to do, a little detail I added was the helmet he wore over his mask as a Turaga is in the crook of his left arm. Hakann was the 4th character I did in this whole series, but he created a solid template for the other Skakdi. And VNOG characters were really fun to do, I too enjoyed that game (I remember being one of the first dozen or so on BZP to finish it I believe). It was really fun little RPG thing, quite different to MNOLG 1&2.

AMAZING! I'm totally having this as my desktop image. And did you include any watermark or signature? I didn't see any, and you should really make sure there's one on there. You have inspired me to make a similar poster, but with all the characters of Lego Universe! Nice Job!

I decided against this, because I didn't think there was a good way of doing it aesthetically. I could put just one on, but where? For it to be visible on a poster printed, it would probably have to encroach 3 of the 'cards' (most likely Pouks, Idris and Lariska, who are in the bottom right corner). I certainly didn't want to do it on every single card, because 432 "Phyoohrii" is really overdoing it and makes me look pretty ego-manic (which I'm sure I actually am, but whatever). Again with a watermark, where without disrupting the order of the piece? Ultimately, I just don't think it's worth the time, and I actually don't really care anyway. All the characters are available for use anyway in the Characters folder I provided a link to in the first place. Should I put a watermark on all of those? Maybe, but there's 621 individual 'sprites' there and I can't be bothered just to reinforce it's my work. Most importantly, the only allusion to me I would want on the poster anyway is the appearance of the Hero Agori, who is essentially an Agori version of me, in keeping with the whole "You are the Hero Agori" thing.

This is... This is amazing. If only I could download them all :Pyou nailed every single one. And Artahka is just epic. Seriously, i can't thing of a single character you didn't draw, besides some rahi and dark hunters. Even Tren krom! Even Annona! COME ON! THIS IS SO FREAKING EPIC!Oh my god... I just noticed Nuhrii is making his own future mask. That is just about the most epic thing I have ever seen on this forum.

I guess I could provide a link to all of them you could get in one go, but...nah.

Artahka was a fun one to do. What started me out long before I did these, on another forum I started a topic just to do all the then known masks, and that was really fun to do, and then I didn't need to make them again. But the new ones I had to do for this (Creation, Hagah masks, etc) were cool because it was like I was starting out again, but of course I had total creative freedom. Yeah, it's a combination of many masks and BIONICLE elements ("Keelerak's pincers, Kiril, '08 Avohkii, Miru Nuva, Noble Hau, Kraahkan, Huna Hordika, Iden, Kakama Rockoh, Suletu and Arthron"). Tren Krom was alright at the time, but he could be a ton better. Hooks and tentacles need much work, and generally its all quite cartoony. Which doesn't bother me with Annona at all for some reason, huh. I like how 'she' turned out.

But I'm glad you noticed that with Nuhrii. There are subtle details to characters past and future with a number of these, Tehutti being another prime example, Ahkmou being the most blatant.

Amazing work. You, my good fellow, should feel very proud of yourself for this. Metus is probably my favorite.

Yup, another one I enjoyed. The Metusnake I wanted to do ever since I saw it in the movie, so that was cool.

Aha, I love the Shadowed One's Scribe. At least, that's who I assume that is, he's cowering and has a tablet. :lol:I also like what you did with Gadunka. XPI admit, I don't recognize half of these characters. Very impressive.

Yup, the Recorder is TSO's scribe. As I said in the credits thing, partially based off Vrahno's Recorder (not sure if Vrahno is a member here, oh well).

Gadunka is the best and I don't care what anyone says.

Except when I say Bitil is.

Because he is.

This is really neat, and I can appreciate how much work went into this. Very Cool....but I think you missed one character. I have been looking and looking and I have not seen a picture of Charger the Dark Hunter. I checked the image, checked the character list, and checked the character gallery and he is not listed that I can see. I hope I am mistaken, and that he is in there, because he is one of my favorite characters. Thanks,J.T. Silversmith Chargers Number 1 fan A.K.A. Thane Ratliff Charger's Designer.

Regrettably, you are not mistaken. BUT, he is most certainly not the only one. A number of the Dark Hunters from the DH Guide and Rahi from the Rahi Guide were not included because they actually haven't appeared anywhere outside of those guides, in fact most of them not even being mentioned. All characters in this poster have been mentioned or seen at least once in some form of media outside of a guide, which leads to some bizarre inclusions like Moa and Frost Leeches, when some Dark Hunters such as Charger would be a better choice in terms of being more challenging and actually being interesting. Maybe in the future I'll get through the dregs of characters I didn't do, it's certainly something I'd like to do. I actually don't remember Charger that well, but he looks pretty sweet now I'm looking at him. But 432 was a set number, and I wanted to meet it with those guidelines.

Another notable exclusion was Marendar, because I was hoping for his inclusion in the story. It has yet to happen. This could have been done much sooner if I hadn't waited so long on him, and then eventually giving up on him to do the Biomechanical Dinosaurs instead.

My favorites are easily Vortex Makuta and Karzahni (unmutated). However, all of these are superb, and it shows true dedication and responsibility to actually finish a project as ambitious as this. What with the hundreds (thousands?) of characters in the BIONICLE franchise, it's inevtiable you may have missed one, but this is an easily pardonable offense.

While there certainly plenty I missed (as alluded to in the previous comments), I highly doubt there'd even be 1000 characters you could possibly think of at this point in time, unless you want to count all the unknowns. But that would be 1000s to millions or whatever. I reckon at most there'd be 50 more, but probably more like 25, dunno.

This is just AWESOME! This community never ceases to amaze me with their talent :biggrin: Great work! I'm sure I'll eventually have this as a poster in my room to remind me of the good ol' days. xD

Huh, I thought I said something about this when Tahu Nuva 3.0 brought it up weeks ago. Anyway, I'd be incredibly interested if anyone actually did go and print this out. Could be a printing nightmare, considering it's not a conventional size or proportions for an A1 poster. But at the very least I should do it myself, but it would be a cost nightmare too, I believe.

This is amazing! Truly amazing! I love your takes on the characters that never got photos, especially the Kyry, original Gorast and the Rahkshi we didn't get to see illustrated. Great job!

Heh, I forgot I even did that with Gorast. Not sure about 'original', but whatever form she took in Brothers in Arms is what she is.

Kyry actually

does have a proper photo, being a winner in some contest, a design by Sparky. He also has an appearance in All Our Sins Remembered, but that was before Sayger knew what he looked like.

A truly amazing feet! How long did it take you to do this? I mean some of the characters like Jebraz and Boomonga have no canonical forms!

14 months, though a lot of that time I didn't work on it at all.

[iMAGE]

W...Wow. I commend you on your devotion, dedication and determination. That must have taken an eon to produce, and yet it still all looks pretty much perfect. Of course, there's so much of it, I can hardly look through it all. Well done.

Heheh, that made me laugh.

I went through them one by one, they're all amazing, I love you represented some of them- for example, multiple Toa forms.Poor Lariska, one of my favorite character, last one..

Multiple forms for characters was one of the obstacles I had to face. Initially I thought should everything only have one iteration, but then would people object to the one I chose? Most probably. The front one in nearly all cases was the last form seen in the story, barring a few such as Takanuva where I thought I should go for the most iconic form. Others didn't feature different forms when probably they should, such as Triglax ("Grey") who should probably have a Keetongu lookalike too (but Keetongu was one of the last I did so that seemed a dumb idea), and Matoran versions of a number of the Toa, particularly the Metru. There's another example but I forget.

Yeah, poor Lariska. But that's the roll of the dice with the random placement. I mean, Gate Guardian as number 1? That's just silly.

BTW, the most important character in BIONICLE does not feature in this poster, but it is in the Character folder. The file name ends in "booyeah".

I'm pretty sure that Helryx carries a mace, not a flail. A flail has the spiked ball on a chain, like you drew, but a mace has no chain, just a longer handle.

Really? I honestly did not know that. Welp. Oh well, if I do Helryx stuff in the future, I'll make sure to address that.

Incredible! You've got both talent and determination! Did you do one a day? Each of them are equally creative, and I just can't believe that you managed to do them all! Awesome job, man!

The original plan was to do that, one a day. It started like that for the first 12, then it kinda accelerated because I knew I could probably do more a day, particularly on days when I was scheduled to do numerous Matoran in a row. And then there were large stretches when I didn't do any at all, due to laziness or program setbacks. By one stage near the end, I thought I might actually end up finishing on the 432nd day, which would have been sweet, but it didn't happen till a couple of weeks later. The last to do (Lewa) was fraught with problems, having to start over twice.

Hi incredible work if Bionicle ever ended 100 percent with no chance of ever returning this should be the last image Lego will show about Bionicle. And by the way where is Phantom the Dark Hunter?

Yeah, Phantom is another one not included.

Hooboy, I started writing this sometime around 11:15am I think, now's it's 1:13pm. And I think there's been posts since. I'll reply more tomorrow I guess. But seriously thanks for all the comments and criticisms, this is great.

signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

First off, congrats on completing every single one of these! The workload must've been insane. It's hard to fathom that we've been introduced to that many characters throughout the storyline.I can't believe all the Rahkshi variations you drew. :D That must have been a time consumer. The Matoran were impressive too, and that stuck out at me the most. You drew them with all of their occupations incorporated, and it gives a good cultural feel to them. Congrats on that.Insane amount of work dude. I'll tip my had to you for that

Woah. Not only is this awesome, creative, and impressive in the sheer scope of it all, but dude... major nostalgia wave. Something about the art style. Brilliant, anyway. Nice job.Oh, and I like how you put the Boxor in Nuparu's picture. Nice touch.

Edited by MayFall

This is simply incredible. I have no other words for it, other than nicely done. The amount of drawing here is beyond impressive, and I actually really like the distinct style you used for them.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

OK, here's some more replies. Thanks again and again and again for your comments! :D

absolutely amazing! I love how unviewed chracters were still part of this. And some chracters have extra details like different verisons (Like nuva, hordika, etc.) or nuhrii when he is sculpting a mask. or amaya with flax. My only question is, why does kopeke have a new mask and the old one is broken?

Yeah, here's another instance of past and future referencing each other here. But the obvious answer is because that's exactly what happened. Kopeke's old Komau was 'damaged' (hear represented by being broken in two, how original) in a Kolhii practice match, so he replaced it with a new Matatu, which somehow changed colour of the mask and feet? Buh? I think an official aesthetic reason is that when the Kopeke set was made back in 2003, LEGO thought there'd be an issue that Matoro and Kopeke would look too much alike, so that's why they changed him to white and grey and made him have a Matatu.

Oh wait... You forgot the fire entity that Vakama fights in the beginning of Web of the Visorak. And the Matoran that dies in the beginning of 2007 who tells the Inika about Mahri Nui.

Yeah, I debated for a while whether I'd do the fire entity. In the end I decided not to, simply on the grounds that I probably would make it too similar to the Element Lord of Fire. There was also the Sonic Entity that I thought I might do, but...yeah. Also because I didn't really know much about either.That Matoran I did forget about, yes. But there's just so little we know about that guy, most importantly his name, that it would probably seem a bit of a stretch to put him on here when others like Phantom were not.

First off, congrats on completing every single one of these! The workload must've been insane. It's hard to fathom that we've been introduced to that many characters throughout the storyline.I can't believe all the Rahkshi variations you drew. :biggrin: That must have been a time consumer. The Matoran were impressive too, and that stuck out at me the most. You drew them with all of their occupations incorporated, and it gives a good cultural feel to them. Congrats on that.Insane amount of work dude. I'll tip my had to you for that

The Rahkshi were not that time consuming, because really there's only six different iterations that were given different colour jobs, staves and spines. Also 'draw' is really not the best way of describing what this is. This vector style that I implement is really a set of shapes that get combined together. Some of it I do draw, yes, all of the shapes come from the Pen Tool in Illustrator for the most part. Really the computer is doing most of the work, I'm just telling it what to do.Matoran culture has always been probably my favourite element of BIONICLE, stemming from all the Templar games and animations, as well as the CDs that came with the Metru. I wanted to convey that as much as possible. I also wanted to give the charms to the people most closely related to them, but there's a few I missed, I think. A lot of the Matoran don't exhibit any personality or insight into their lives in the game, so what little detail you have, with their occupations and such, what tools they might use, what products they might create, can really help make a character. My favourite one though is probably Podu, simply because I (tried) to make him look in pain, simply because of the single quote on his BS01 page "I'm sore all over." These little details help immensely in defining these relatively unknown Matoran characters.

Woah. Not only is this awesome, creative, and impressive in the sheer scope of it all, but dude... major nostalgia wave. Something about the art style. Brilliant, anyway. Nice job.Oh, and I like how you put the Boxor in Nuparu's picture. Nice touch.

Vehicles are in their own little way characters in themselves. It would be a travesty if they were not included. Plus the original ambition was to do all the sets before I thought it would be a cooler idea to do them plus non-set characters as well.

Can I just say Ehlek looks like a boss the way you made him.

OK. But yeah I like how Ehlek turned out.The amount of time it takes for me to write these posts seems to prove to me that I did actually put quite a bit of thought and effort into devising this, even if my own thoughts tell me that I didn't really do that much. I don't feel like I did much, but maybe I did. Huh. Anyway, thanks thanks thanks!signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

What about the insane Av-Matoran from Karahni? :POk, I'm trying too hard. The reson I'm pointing out the ones you missed is ecause there's so little, and it's fun for me to see if you actually did this right. Which you did. :P

Oh, you mean this guy? :PFound the Underwater Trap in the characters folder. Wow, you sure went all out. :P Going through that also helped me recognzie the original drawings you did, and I don't think there was a single one I didn't like. Artakha, for example, was definitely unique, and the unseen Toa (Hagah, Varia, etc.) nice additions.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Phyoohrii, you are a pillar of awesome in this community. Not only is this amazing art, it also has a practical purpose. If bored, you could play Where's Wally? with the characters.You, sir, are a legend.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Wow...just wow! I'm almost tempted to ask you if you could help me out with my digital interactive media class, but that's another story! :PThere were very few characters that I saw that made me say, what character is that, which is great. They look like what could be very possible sets, which is pretty cool. You sure know how to keep working on something. Nice work bro! :D :)Honestly though if anyone wants to help me out with my art class..let me know lol

Have free time and wanna read a comedy? Why not read mine called Those Crazy Sets! or BarrakiLeader735's called Ask the Glatorian!

R.I.P Grandpa. You will be missed.

bionicle_sig2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: I'll try and pick out specific characters later, but I only looked a little to get the general idea. I had more fun just trying to figure out who each one was, and I was surprised that with as vague as the details were, you still captured the characters in clearly recognizable ways. I'm surprised I recognized that one Visorak combo, and it was pleasing to see even simple faces like Turaga Matau.Interesting, because most people in high school could try to go into even more detail and their drawing would actually look less recognizable.I like the novelty of the idea, by the way, as a simple ode to the hugeness of the Bionicle universe. I like creative minds that think outside of the box and do more than just draw a simple picture of their favorite character in a pose. now this is expression.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh