Light vs Shadow

So I was reading comic 14: At last Takanuva! and I came across this panel:

image.png.c45dbf6657754a0faab1c6a3384d399d.png\

The comic depicts Takanuva using the Shadow Kraata that Pohatu had retrieved from the ruptured Kraata containers earlier in the comic. Now in the movie, the Toa seem to use just one of the Kraata that came from the Rahkshi, but it made me stop and think: can a shadow Kraata infect the Kanohi Avohkii?

It obviously didn't do it in the comic (or movie) and I'd imagine that a normal Kraata couldn't because they'd have to touch the mask and it is constantly glowing with it's own light which they probably couldn't handle. But what about Shadow Kraata that can infect Kanohi over a distance?

I personally think no, as the masks light power should be too much for it to infect, but what do you all think? :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Well, Shadow Leeches are just mutated kraata, and one of those was able to partially drain Takanuva of his light, so in theory it should be possible. However, since Shadow Kraata can also infect a mask from a distance without needing to come into physical contact, the fact that it didn't infect the Avohkii means they probably can't. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, I'm sure there's something special about the Avohkii that protects it.

Doesn't answer why the Shadow Kraata didn't infect everyone else nearby, though.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

20 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

So I was reading comic 14: At last Takanuva! and I came across this panel:

image.png.c45dbf6657754a0faab1c6a3384d399d.png\

The comic depicts Takanuva using the Shadow Kraata that Pohatu had retrieved from the ruptured Kraata containers earlier in the comic. Now in the movie, the Toa seem to use just one of the Kraata that came from the Rahkshi, but it made me stop and think: can a shadow Kraata infect the Kanohi Avohkii?

It obviously didn't do it in the comic (or movie) and I'd imagine that a normal Kraata couldn't because they'd have to touch the mask and it is constantly glowing with it's own light which they probably couldn't handle. But what about Shadow Kraata that can infect Kanohi over a distance?

I personally think no, as the masks light power should be too much for it to infect, but what do you all think? :)

It is worth noting the Takanuva and Ussanui set has six Rahkshi backs, so you can put in one Kraata from each Rahkshi set into the vehicle. 

As for lore, maybe the Kraata's powers were drained after the defeat of the Rahkshi? So it was already in a weakened state when Takanuva took it to fly to Makuta's lair?

If that doesn't work then: 
567360.jpg?b64lines=IEFILiBZRUFILiBXRUxMLCBXSEVORVZFUgogWU9VIE5PVElDRSBTT01FVEhJTkcgTElLRQogVEhBVCBBIFdJWkFSRCBESUQgSVQuIEkKIFNFRS4gQUxMIFJJR0hULiBZRVMu

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

21 hours ago, Master Inika said:

Yeah, I'm sure there's something special about the Avohkii that protects it.

Doesn't answer why the Shadow Kraata didn't infect everyone else nearby, though.

Well, earlier in the comic, when Pohatu had captured that particular Kraata, Whenua stated that Pohatu's grip on it was keeping it from using it's power (which that'd work with other enemies lol). Maybe captured Kraata can't use their abilities as well as when they're free to roam? :???:

10 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

It is worth noting the Takanuva and Ussanui set has six Rahkshi backs, so you can put in one Kraata from each Rahkshi set into the vehicle.

That is one of my favorite things about the Ussanui, I had that thing stocked full of Kraata when I first got it built! :D

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

1 hour ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Well, earlier in the comic, when Pohatu had captured that particular Kraata, Whenua stated that Pohatu's grip on it was keeping it from using it's power (which that'd work with other enemies lol). Maybe captured Kraata can't use their abilities as well as when they're free to roam? :???:

"Good thing I'm squeezing it super hard, otherwise we'd really be in trouble!"

• Like 1

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Greg said a long time ago that the Avohkii could be infected just like any mask, but the Shadow Kraata was surrounded by the seven most powerful heroes in existence. As soon as it twitched it'd be dead. Stage Seven kraata are smart enough to know when to surrender.

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

3 hours ago, Lorentz said:

Greg said a long time ago that the Avohkii could be infected just like any mask, but the Shadow Kraata was surrounded by the seven most powerful heroes in existence. As soon as it twitched it'd be dead. Stage Seven kraata are smart enough to know when to surrender.

Those things are a lot smarter than I thought.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg