LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Delayed Again

Earlier today, TT Games shared on Twitter that LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will not be releasing this spring, as announced in August last year. Originally the game was scheduled to come out before the 2020 holiday season, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, was pushed back. At this point it seems like there might be more to the delays than the shift to remote work. I can't imagine that creating a single title that covers the events of at least nine films and features 300 different playable characters is a simple feat, so as much as I want to play the game, I'd rather it be done right than rushed out the door. I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about it and hopefully playing it later this year!

View the full article

• Like 1

I'm completely okay with this delay. Not only is this assurance for a better quality game when it eventually does release, but also I've already got plenty of other things to occupy my time while I wait for it. (Not to mention, I intend to eventually purchase the game when it's on sale and not at full price, so I'll definitely be willing to wait even longer than its actual date of release.)

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Some of the people complaining about the delay on Twitter apparently don't care about it not being finished and just want the game now, but then they'd just go and complain about it being unfinished if TT Games DID release it now... there's just no pleasing some people, is there.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

8 hours ago, Taria Pakari said:

Some of the people complaining about the delay on Twitter apparently don't care about it not being finished and just want the game now, but then they'd just go and complain about it being unfinished if TT Games DID release it now... there's just no pleasing some people, is there.

No there isn't. I have generally found that "GamersTM" are absolutely the worst people to listen to their opinion on game development. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!