Hashtags

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. I’m sure that you know how hashtags work, don’t you? Well, they are those statements with the number symbol, #, in social media. They are used to either command fans to not spoil stuff or promote something. Fans use them to make their common wish come true. For example, when Avengers: Infinity War in 2018, there is a hashtag to fans, #Thanosdemandsyoursilence (Thanos demands your silence), to make fans not spoil the movie. Another example is when Joss Wheldon’s version of Justice League in 2017 went mediocre while it was an edited version of the original version made by Zack Snyder, which was unused, fans used this hashtag, #releasethesnydercut (release the Snyder Cut) to make Warner Bros release the Snyder version. That didn’t happened until 2021, and people liked it better than the Joss version. People use other campaign-related stuff, like #restoretheSnyderverse” (Restore the Snyder verse). Well, since this year is officially Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, I believe that it is wise to use hashtag to try or bring Bionicle and its glory days back, etc. Even Christian Faber and fans use #biovival and #Bionicle2022 . Here are hashtags that we should use: 

1. #bringbackBionicle 

2. #recontinueandendBionicleG1sstory 

3. #giveBionicleG2itsoriginalplans 

4. #makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleandHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 

5. #makeG1TahuaToaNuvaagain and #giveTahuhisKanohiNuvaback 

6. #moreToaKaita , #makeAkuamiNuvahappen , #moreMatoranNui , #makeMatoranKaitahappen #makeToaNuihappen , #makeTuragaKaitahappen , #makeTuragaNuihappen , #make36moreRahkshitypesinLego ,#make8moreToatypesinLego , #make8moreMatorantypesinLego , #make9moreTuragatypesinLego , #make8moreSkakdiinLego 

7. #bringbackthePiraka , #bringbackVultraz , #bringAlternateTeridaxbackhome , #bringAlternateTakanuvabackhomes 

8. #MakeLegocelebrateBionicles20thanniversary 

9. #giveBionicleG1itsownG2characters and giveBionicleG2itsownG1characters 

10. #releasethe10thBioniclegraphicnovel and #releasethe11thBioniclegraphicnovel 

11. #moreMataNuiOnlineGames 

12. #releaseBionicleG1sconceptart 

13. #releaseBionicleTheLegendRebornconceptart and #releaseBionicleTheLegendRebornsoundtrack 

14. #makeBionicle5thmoviehappen and #makeBionicle6thmoviehappen (or #make5thand6thBioniclemovieshappen )

15. #releaseBionicleTheJourneytoOnesoundtrack 

16. #makeBionicleHeroes2happen , #remakeandimproveBionicleTheGame2003 , #remakeandimproveBionicleHeroes , and #giveBionicleareasonableTTvideogame 
17. #releasetheG2Makutaset and #releasetheMaskofUltimatePower 
18. #makemoreMatoranspeciesmembersandremovethegenderlock 
19. #remakeBioniclesets 

20. #giveBionicleanormalTVshow 

21. #makeLegopromoteBionicleTheLegendofMataNuiRebuilt and #makeBionicleTheLegendofMataNuiRebuiltcanon 
22. #releaseBionicleLegendsInvasion (it’s a cancelled Bionicle Legends book about the Toa Inika’s journey in the Cord) 

So, there. You see what I mean? There is a lot of injustice that has to be done, even if Bionicle would come back in in Fall 2021 or 2022. What hashtags would you like to use? It’s for Bionicle’s sake.

Edited by Lenny7092
Edited a little mistake.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'm pretty sure that half of those hashtags go beyond twitter's character limit. The other half barely make any sense.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I have to agree. The only Bionicle hashtag that's ever been arguably necessary was #BringBackBIONICLE, which captures the spirit of all the other ones, and even that one wore out its welcome quickly. Some of them, like #4 and #9, are things I don't want to happen. #10 and #22 are odd for wanting Lego to release material that was never even completed.

I also don't get #12. Have you even seen BIONICLEsector01's concept art gallery? I've seen more concept art for Bionicle than any other LEGO line--plus, it's not exactly difficult for us to get more. Thus far whenever we find individuals who posses it they've been very generous about sharing it. The implication behind a hashtag is almost like calling a company out for not treating its consumers fairly, and LEGO doesn't deserve that. I miss BIONICLE too, but all LEGO did was decline to continue producing a series that was giving them diminishing returns.

Edited by Master Inika
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

1 hour ago, Lorentz said:

I'm pretty sure that half of those hashtags go beyond twitter's character limit. The other half barely make any sense.

What is it that you don’t understand? You having trouble reading the hashtags because there are no spaces or whatever? You can ask any kind of clarification, and I’ll answer.

3 minutes ago, Master Inika said:

I have to agree. The only Bionicle hashtag that's ever been arguably necessary was #BringBackBIONICLE, which captures the spirit of all the other ones, and even that one wore out its welcome quickly. Some of them, like #4 and #9, are things I don't want to happen. #10 and #22 are odd for wanting Lego to release material that was never even completed.

I also don't get #12. Have you even seen BIONICLEsector01's concept art gallery? I've seen more concept art for Bionicle than any other LEGO line--plus, it's not exactly difficult for us to get more. Thus far whenever we find individuals who posses it they've been very generous about sharing it. The implication behind a hashtag is almost like calling a company out for not treating its consumers fairly, and LEGO doesn't deserve that. I miss BIONICLE too, but all LEGO did was decline to continue producing a series that was giving them diminishing returns.

Well, people have dreams and there is a lot of mess here and there (even many people are probably thinking that Hero Factory is a part of Bionicle G1, like saying “Preston Stormer is my favorite Bionicle character”. Plus, G2 used people that we don’t know, so let’s say for example that G2 should have get its own versions of G1 characters that weren’t in G2, like the Turaga of Mata Nui and Toa Inika, and for another example, G1 could have its own version of the G2 character who were never introduced in G1, like Ekimu and Umarak (Transformers G1 had a similar idea by adding Lockdown from Transformers: Animated into its story). We are disappointed by the mess, aren’t we?

That’s why I made these hashtags. Hashtags are like a fan’s way of demanding fixing things up and making wishes come true, in my perspective. I mean, I believe other fans feel that way. A lot of inconvenience, I say. We don’t have Bionicle, Hero Factory, or constraction. It’s overwhelmingly sad to look at. Look at the Justice League movie in 2017. It’s a sad mess before the Snyder cut happened and improved things. People had been wondering what was in the Snyder cut, and I bet we Bionicle fans may be wondering about some things in Bionicle. Perhaps Bionicle G1’s own “The Art of Bionicle” from G2” could help (just in case you are wondering). Anything can happen nowadays because of social media. It’s true that un-cancelling the 5th and 6th movies, graphic novels, and that Legends book can be hard (but it would be true if Lego would do them), but sometimes, it’s best to finish things. 

The thing is that Bionicle wasn’t treated properly when these unwanted cancellations in 2010 and 2016 happened. Bionicle is the one that saved Lego from bankruptcy. Bionicle is basically Lego’s own Transformers from Hasbro, Batman from DC Comics, Spider-Man from Marvel, and Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega. We could have wished a much better real conclusion for G1, and I don’t mind another reboot for Bionicle as long as it would do well. Bionicle deserve a lot better than this, and I would imagine Bionicle doing bigger things if it had continued after 2010 as originally planned. 2001-2009 were Bionicle’s golden years, so the cancellations shouldn’t have happened. BZPower is there to stimulate our love for Bionicle. Plus, Lego Ideas is doing a Lego 90th anniversary project in 2022 that would be based on either Bionicle or three other inferior themes, based on the fans’ choice (I think Bionicle would 80% likely to win), and Brick Link is modifying Sodoka’s project from Lego Ideas to try to give it another chance after Lego Ideas declined it. We are lucky to have these guys, and if those Bionicle projects would become true and sets (I hope), Bionicle would come back beautifully again, like in 2001-2009, and the wishes from my hashtags would become true as a result. We would just keep on using the hashtags to convince Lego into thinking of those things. Since Bionicle is 20 years old this year, I believe the hashtags could be very effective, even if Lego rudely doesn’t seem to celebrate Bionicle’s 20th anniversary for some reason.

I shouldn't even entertain your nonsense with serious answers, but I'll cave in and call out one in particular. "MoreMataNuiOnlineGames??" Bionicle has been dead for 10 years my guy, and the story moved away from the island of Mata Nui in 2003.

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 3

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

11 minutes ago, Lorentz said:

I shouldn't even entertain your nonsense with serious answers, but I'll cave in and call out one in particular. "MoreMataNuiOnlineGames??" Bionicle has been dead for 10 years my guy.

Well, Bionicle still lives in fans’ hearts, and Lego Ideas and Brick Link is doing projects that could give Bionicle a chance. Have faith in that, and probably use hashtags to help support Bionicle since Bionicle is turning 20 this year, and Lego should do something to celebrate the poor theme. It’s as amazing as Transformers from Hasbro, Batman from DC Comics, Spider-Man from Marvel, and Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega. Plus, when was the first you became a fan to Bionicle? 

Anyway, about more Mata Nui Online Game, it would be nice if there are such online games for Bionicle’s 2004 Metru Nui, time between the 2005 and 2001 storylines (would show what people where doing before the Toa Mata arrive on the island of Mata Nui, like the Shadow Plague), 2006 Voya Nui, 2007 Mahri Nui, 2008 Karda Nui, 2009 Bara Magna, 2010 Spherus Magna, Hero Factory, and Bionicle G2’s Okoto storylines. I mean, it would be nice if we could learn more of the cultures of those people rather than just seeing heroes fighting villains and all. 

5 minutes ago, Bambi said:

I feel like you're writing the sequel to the Bible with those loooong hashtags. :P

Dude. Please be serious. There is a lot of mess in Bionicle’s history here and there, and since this year is Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, it would be wise to use the hashtags to convince Lego to celebrate it. 

LEGO survived the late 90s downturn because of Bionicle and Star Wars together (Source: "The only reason Lego survived during this difficult time was due to the success of the Bionicle and Star Wars series"). The writing was on the wall with Bionicle. It was a unique and innovative property that caught lightning in a bottle for a surprising span of time from about 2003-2008. But they can't just keep making Bionicle products until the end of time. That's not a reasonable thing to expect. It takes LEGO time and resources to make products and it's not realistic or respectful to LEGO to just want them to make things for us at a loss.

Let's look at a few of your proposals in more detail:

2. #recontinueandendBionicleG1sstory 

Greg Farshtey frequently reminded us that the BIONICLE storyline existed to promote the BIONICLE toys. That's what made it worth LEGO's time to pay Greg to write it. And even then Greg gave us more than LEGO requested of him--the serials in the later years barely had  anything to do with the sets being released; Greg just worked on them out of passion for the craft. And even more the unfinished serials after the first cancelation, when there were no BIONICLE toys and Greg just wanted to do something nice for us. Compare BIONICLE to any other LEGO line that ended--the sets and storyline just stop being updated.

5. #makeG1TahuaToaNuvaagain and #giveTahuhisKanohiNuvaback 

I've never heard anyone want that, and it doesn't specifically bother me that Tahu's not a Nuva or doesn't have his Kanohi Nuva (which he lost in 2003). For all the problems associated with later BIONICLE, this wasn't one of them. For that matter, how would LEGO even fulfill this one? Do you want them to release an official statement that Tahu became a Nuva again and got his Nuva masks back?

6. #moreToaKaita , #makeAkuamiNuvahappen , #moreMatoranNui , #makeMatoranKaitahappen #makeToaNuihappen , #makeTuragaKaitahappen , #makeTuragaNuihappen , #make36moreRahkshitypesinLego ,#make8moreToatypesinLego , #make8moreMatorantypesinLego , #make9moreTuragatypesinLego , #make8moreSkakdiinLego 

Why would it be desirable for LEGO to produce stories and products involving every conceivable fusion or elemental type in BIONICLE? If I want to experience a Turaga Nui or Skakdi of Magnetism doing something, I can just make a MOC or write a fanfiction about it. That's the beauty of LEGO.

7. #bringbackthePiraka , #bringbackVultraz , #bringAlternateTeridaxbackhome , #bringAlternateTakanuvabackhomes 

Again, LEGO isn't preventing anyone from creating fanmade media in which those characters return or those events happen.

8. #MakeLegocelebrateBionicles20thanniversary 

The idea that we should "Make" LEGO do anything is just disrespectful.

11. #moreMataNuiOnlineGames 

The media form that made MNOG so wonderfully early 90s (Adobe Flash) no longer exists. As much as I wish LEGO continued making interactive games with Templar all throughout the 2000s, it's a bit late for it now. And MNOG's ambiance and storytelling just wouldn't be done justice in HTML5.

13. #releaseBionicleTheLegendRebornconceptart and #releaseBionicleTheLegendRebornsoundtrack 

Here is a fan-produced isolated score of the entire film. There's no reason to ask LEGO to do pretty much the exact same thing and they're not going to take fan requests seriously if some of the things we ask for already exist.

14. #makeBionicle5thmoviehappen and #makeBionicle6thmoviehappen (or #make5thand6thBioniclemovieshappen )

The 4th BIONICLE movie is across the board the most reviled of all of them. Why would LEGO continue along that trajectory when all we did last time was complain about Kiina going "WOO-HOO"?

16. #makeBionicleHeroes2happen , #remakeandimproveBionicleTheGame2003 , #remakeandimproveBionicleHeroes , and #giveBionicleareasonableTTvideogame 
Again, the storyline (even the video games) exist to promote the toys. LEGO's not going to expend resources fixing or making video games involving toys that haven't been commercially available for over a decade. Has any company ever done anything like that?

17. #releasetheG2Makutaset and #releasetheMaskofUltimatePower 
LEGO has already released enough images necessary to make your own G2 Makuta using secondhand sources like BrickLink for parts. The request for an official release of the Mask of Ultimate Power is the only one I would call even moderately possible. I could see LEGO offering a MoUP with every order over $50 on LEGO.com or something. That would be something the average fan like me could consider backing with my own money. But it's nuggetted between so many outlandish demands that LEGO's not going to take it seriously.

18. #makemoreMatoranspeciesmembersandremovethegenderlock 
LEGO's not producing more BIONICLE story media. Changing the rules now would be an empty gesture. If you want to make a female Po-Matoran now in 2021, you can do it.

19. #remakeBioniclesets 

This is called revamping. BIONICLE fans have regularly revamped sets as long as I can remember.

21. #makeLegopromoteBionicleTheLegendofMataNuiRebuilt and #makeBionicleTheLegendofMataNuiRebuiltcanon 
Why? The game has already been 100% finished and released. You can go play it and enjoy playing it right now. LEGO's not stopping you. Why do you feel you need LEGO's permission to enjoy fanmade BIONICLE content?

If the fanbase as a whole were to actually try spamming Twitter with even half of these requests, it would just annoy LEGO. All of them are either things LEGO couldn't feasibly do if they wanted to, things that would inevitably only satisfy some fans and not others, or things that there's no conceivable need for them to do. All of these are drowning out the few meaningful ideas, like the Mask of Ultimate Power. It feels like you can't enjoy something LEGO-related unless LEGO actively stamps a seal of approval on it--which completely defeats the point of playing with LEGO!

Edited by Master Inika
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The reason #ReleaseTheSynderCut worked was a couple of fortunate factors,

1) a massive fandom who wanted it

2) a director willing to waive his fee to do the film as a passion project

3) actors who wanted to come back and do it

4) a multi-billion dollar studio part of a multi-billion dollar company needing a headlining film to launch their new streaming service

Bionicle has a respectable fandom, but lets not kid ourselves into pretending its anywhere near the size of the DC Comics fandom. So already we lack the clout needed to make Lego think "easy cash" when we ask for something. 

Another thing too, we already have a hashtag for Bionicle, #biovival. Its short, concise and comes from co-creator Christian Faber (so it has some sort of small celebrity clout). Basically at this point the only thing we are in a position to ask for is "Lego, consider bringing back Bionicle" and that is an uphill climb against their last experience with Bionicle in G2 and its sales issues. A long hashtag list of fan wishes is just going to confuse the people we are asking, Lego knows what Bionicle was but asking them to continue the serials or listing off fan favorite characters is not productive because I bet 98% of Lego staff (outside those who are Bionicle fans like designers Tooth Dominos or Nic Vas) would not have a darn clue as to what we are talking about. Biovival, its simple, short and comes across not as a fan wish list but instead a clear message that we just simply want to have another go with Bionicle.

With that said... we do need to get comfortable with the fact that no matter how much we ask Lego's answer might still be "no" at the end of the day. The fact Sokoda's diorama is getting a second shot on the Bricklink designer program is frankly already a small miracle (since Lego owns Bricklink it would be basically a backdoor Bionicle set release if Sokoda's gets produced), not to mention the fact Lego isn't slapping all the Bionicle fan game projects with digital copyright takedowns either. Or the random Bionicle easter eggs like the Voya-Nui flight plan in the latest Lego City airplane set. We can't get to greedy that we forget what we have already gotten, and we have to ask ourselves that if G1 were to continue or G3 were announced; would it live up to our impossibly high standards if we can't enjoy what we are already have? 

• Like 4

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!