Jump to content
Lenny7092

What happened to the canonization contests?

Recommended Posts

Hi, guys. What the title says here. What happened to the canonization contests? We had Helryx and Artakha last year. What’s going on?


I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else just get a sick feeling in their stomach when these contests are brought up?

Don't get me wrong, I think they're a great idea and at least one good canonized MOC has come out of it so far (Artakha). But I just visibly cringed when I read the link here.

To me, it just feels like TTV has a lot of undue animosity toward the Bionicle fanbase in general. I get that being a part of this can sometimes be a harmful experience, but at the same time I've met alot of friends through Bionicle.

I don't know, just a thought I had. I don't mean to slander anyone in particular. Just observing.

  • Like 2

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Max Nui said:

To me, it just feels like TTV has a lot of undue animosity toward the Bionicle fanbase in general. I get that being a part of this can sometimes be a harmful experience, but at the same time I've met alot of friends through Bionicle.

From my experience, the TTV folks are just as passionate about Bionicle and the fans as anyone is. In my opinion they took what they thought was a good idea and got themselves caught between competing groups of fans - it's going to be impossible to please everyone in this sort of situation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Max Nui said:

Does anyone else just get a sick feeling in their stomach when these contests are brought up?

Don't get me wrong, I think they're a great idea and at least one good canonized MOC has come out of it so far (Artakha). But I just visibly cringed when I read the link here.

To me, it just feels like TTV has a lot of undue animosity toward the Bionicle fanbase in general. I get that being a part of this can sometimes be a harmful experience, but at the same time I've met alot of friends through Bionicle.

I don't know, just a thought I had. I don't mean to slander anyone in particular. Just observing.

Can you be more specific on what you didn't like about the post?


#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lorentz said:

Can you be more specific on what you didn't like about the post?

Nothing about that post in particular. In general, TTV communication often seems very aggressive and childish. For instance, how constructive criticism is handled.

I think this is an exciting opportunity for TTV to host these contests, but the manner in which they treat Bionicle fans can often be downright disrespectful. This can go both ways, and there are certainly toxic members of the fanbase who have caused this hostility, but we make the world a better place by behaving better than our adversaries.

I don't want to get too much deeper into it, but in summary these contests are handled with a lot of undue guile and animosity which just makes me sad.

 

Hope that explains it a bit. :)

  • Upvote 1

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...