Christian Faber's TED Talk

Hey everybody, how's it goin'?

I was on my YouTube homepage yesterday, and I noticed that Zach Kaplan (which recently came back from a hiatus), shared a video involving Christian Faber himself!

https://youtu.be/ocAEyNPLta8

This was the first time I have ever seen him speak, and it was very inspirational to hear his words of creativity, his struggles, and how he arose from those struggles. He even talks about how he turned his weakness into Bionicle concepts, which blew my mind away. I have always read his Faber Files to look at stuff behind the scenes, but this adds a whole new layer. Seeing one of my favorite Bionicle creators giving a lecture on creativity and moving forward has uplifted me, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

I thought it would be interesting to share this with the community here. :) Bionicle aside, this video is very inspirational and made me appreciate Mr.Faber even more so.

Here's to the fans and/or the creatives, keep on going and never give up on your dreams.

Cheers!

Edited by TakuaTheChronicler
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, GhostieM said:

I'm just wondering if that tahu was sealed

Me too lol

I listened to this talk the other day, and it was very inspirational.  It’s awesome to hear from Mr. Faber and learn more about his history and imaginative processes. :)

Thanks for sharing this here! :D

• Like 1

~Daler

It was cool to see him speak physically, and the toilet roll part really got me. :(

In my opinion, I've definitely seen more charismatic TED talks than Faber's but I chalk that down to English not being his first language. Once he got his nerves out of the way, I thought he had some incredibly interesting things to say!

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

It's no wonder a line like Bionicle that promotes creativity (both through the physical constraction figures and the storyline's imaginative universe) came from someone so passionate about creativity. The anecdote about walking around Copenhagen made me excited to explore my own environment and take inspiration from it. Great job Faber! Really appreciated the insight into his process, and hopefully he will be able to do something like this again.

personal_banner_6.png