Onua Mistika reborn, Project Nuva style.

I wanted toa bring Onua Mistika to life based on a drawing made by the owner of the brickshelf account MuffinToa. It's based on his folder Project Nuva. I will not claim all the glory for it. Thanks for the inspiration if you see this. I used Lego program called Studio 2.0. The options are severely limited but i did my best.
Onua Nuva/Mistika
Inspiration Image: https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3221337
EDIT: Brand new render images added

FRONT

onua_mistika_1.jpg

BACK
https://brickshelf.com/gallery/Bahrag/Onua-Project-Mistika/onua_mistika_2.jpg

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bioniclefan7782 said:

Nice build but the background is a bit off

Well i'm not the best at photoshopping. I was in a rush when i googled for caves as i wanted some type of bright cave. Besides there are no generic versions of the mistika canister backgrounds online.

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)

Oho, that looks like a custom-built version of those 08-09 armor pieces.  Very cleverly designed, although I imagine a silver version of the Kongu/Jaller/Hahli Inika chestplate would more closely resemble Nuva armor like in the picture you used.  Also, transparent dark green looks very striking IRL!

Other than that, I feel a bit odd critiquing since you're trying to emulate a fan design rather than creating one whole-cloth.  It definitely feels like something that works better in a drawing than as an actual set, but that's hardly your fault.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) said:

Oho, that looks like a custom-built version of those 08-09 armor pieces.  Very cleverly designed, although I imagine a silver version of the Kongu/Jaller/Hahli Inika chestplate would more closely resemble Nuva armor like in the picture you used.  Also, transparent dark green looks very striking IRL!

Other than that, I feel a bit odd critiquing since you're trying to emulate a fan design rather than creating one whole-cloth.  It definitely feels like something that works better in a drawing than as an actual set, but that's hardly your fault.

Yes the big mistika shields as leg guards would be a bit clunky.

• 1 month later...