"Exciting New Hero Factory Project"

1-27-2012-advance.jpg

Advance, a major Lego contractor, recently <a href="http://www.advance.dk/hero-factory-brainstorm/">posted on their blog</a> that "We're launching an exciting new Hero Factory project soon that will have some social media elements built into it." What could it be and what implications does this have for the future of HF and Lego in general? In my opinion, considering we are now on wave 4.0 of Hero Factory, it's about time for something new and exciting.

View the full article

Great find, Aanchir! Could this be HeroFeed or HeroBook? :P Just kidding, personally I doubt it could be anything like that, although you never know if they could possibly give this project one of those names regardless of whether it is actually a parody of their real-life counterparts or not. Either way, I look forward to this! I guess we can consider it confirmed that HERO Factory will continue into 2013.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

socialization could mean humans. I think they cuold put humans in HF, to be saved or something.

That may cripple the story it just would not fit in. :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau:
on topic: agreed that wouldn't work, maybe it will be a new customizable product.off topic: why the kanohi masks?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

socialization could mean humans. I think they cuold put humans in HF, to be saved or something.

That may cripple the story it just would not fit in. :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau: :rau:
on topic: agreed that wouldn't work, maybe it will be a new customizable product.off topic: why the kanohi masks?
I do the Konohi mask all the time. :pahrak: :pahrak: :pahrak: :pahrak: :pahrak:

Like everyone else, my first thought was, herobook! Which, unfortunately, would quickly degenerate into what the old official Bionicle message boards were. *shudder*

Perhaps they're launching a site to collect fan-fiction? Now that would get me into Hero Factory. :P

Ha, same here. Except then I'd have to portray all the Heroes as sociopathic, brooding nutjobs in the best traditions of Watchmen.- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

An MMORPG might actually make a degree of sense, although I thought that LEGO dropped its Universe project...Anyway, this news post sure was informative.[/sarcasm] I actually did find it rather interesting that the blog post specifically mentioned "building" as preparation, which would imply that it's not just straight-up social media or a website (so, no fan-fic website or HFStory.com, it seems).~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Between this (whatever it is) and the HF video contest they're having another company do for them, it seems like LEGO is going to try pushing the community aspect of HF in their promotion for it this year. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Between this (whatever it is) and the HF video contest they're having another company do for them, it seems like LEGO is going to try pushing the community aspect of HF in their promotion for it this year. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

They already have the LEGO.com message boards for that. :pakarinu: Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0

They already have the LEGO.com message boards for that.
Of course, but I mean they might be trying different avenues to promote HF beyond standard advertising and the message boards.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

They already have the LEGO.com message boards for that.
Of course, but I mean they might be trying different avenues to promote HF beyond standard advertising and the message boards.
Could this be HF nerf. :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari:

"Social media elements" would refer to ideas or components of the program taken from social networking (electronic communication based on online communities created by users--like Twitter or forums). Thus, "elements" does not mean "parts" as in those from a LEGO set--although it does mean "parts" as in "components."Could you also elaborate on what you mean by "parts from society"?~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Yeah, when they say "social media elements" they're obviously not talking about LEGO parts. By elements they mean "characteristics", essentially. Keep in mind this is Advance, an ad agency that works for LEGO, not set designers from The LEGO Group.The project, whatever it is, is almost certainly web-based, and I imagine when they say it will be revealed soon they mean sometime this year, not next.

Yeah, when they say "social media elements" they're obviously not talking about LEGO parts. By elements they mean "characteristics", essentially. Keep in mind this is Advance, an ad agency that works for LEGO, not set designers from The LEGO Group.The project, whatever it is, is almost certainly web-based, and I imagine when they say it will be revealed soon they mean sometime this year, not next.

Yeah, I had just pointed that out because it seemed like there was some confusion; a lot of speculation hinged on types of sets that might get made, and ~Cravix~ mentioned that LEGO refers to its parts as "elements." Of course, sets clearly have some role, given the mention of building (and picture of people doing just that :P)--assuming they, the ad agency, meant building with LEGO pieces--, but a web-based project is the most reasonable (and almost certainly correct) bet. (If you were just agreeing with me or whatever, just ignore this).

Then the rumor of Bionicle returning could be true, but please do not expand on this. This is for a hero factory speculation, not to worry about bionicle.

There was nothing in the post that implied BIONICLE could even be tangentially related to the upcoming HERO Factory project. How did you get to BIONICLE from this discussion? Also, I'd like to point out that there is no rumor of BIONICLE returning any time soon: There have been petitions and related projects, but no real progress or intimation that LEGO will revive that line.Also, I didn't want a list of elements of social media; your reference to "parts from society" was just very vague and didn't seem to be specifically about social networking/media.~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

First of all, a quick question: Does anyone know if there is a date set for this to be released, or any implication thereof? I read the blog post and didn't see much, but perhaps the comments or another post may hold a nugget of knowledge.

I appreciate the "correcting" but please, as I said do not expand on the thing I said. Thank you. Yes it is vary vague, and sometimes lego refers to elements as parts, such as Bionicle elements, or Hero factory elements, or LEGO elements.

1. You can't just mention something incorrect for no reason and expect people to just leave it alone. Anyway, there is no real room to expand in any other way, so this topic is dead either way.2. Would you mind clarifying what you meant? "Elements from society" is an odd phrase, and I just want to make sure that I understand what you mean. Also, "social media elements" would not refer to LEGO parts, since they have basically nothing to do with social media/networking.

Maybe they are doing hf guy that has LEGO bricks and LEGO Knobs kinda like exo-force.

Well, while that would be a very interesting idea (Exo-Force seemed like a great line), I don't think that I understand how that's related to the "social media elements" of the upcoming HERO Factory project.~ BioGio

I'm generally not that interested in social media projects and the like, but I am curious to see where this is headed.

Maybe it's a MMORPG where your custom designed, self-made Heroes make their own teams that are assigned to drop ships to go defeat the big bad wolf of the week. *imagines BZP members cooridinating mass raids in planets*. :evilgrin:

Okay, this is where it should be headed. I now desperately want this to become a reality."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png