Should Bionicle and Ninjago have a crossover?

Lenny7092

Should Bionicle and Ninjago have a crossover?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What it says above. Should Lego do a crossover for Bionicle and Ninjago? I mean, both of them are similar in various ways. It could be a good gift for Bionicle’s 25th anniversary and Ninjago’s 15th anniversary. It would be cool to have both themes crossover. I would also like to have Hero Factory share the same universe as Bionicle because they’re more similar (I would like to think that at least a Great Being or two had used a spaceship to leave Spherus Magna when it was destroyed long ago, and went to Earth to learn the English language and then the Makuhero planet to create Mr. Makuro and Makuhero City. The HF heroes look like Glatorian), and I would like Nexo Knights to share the same universe as Ninjago because they’re more similar (there are hints where Nexo Knights’ world could be one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms, like how Legends of Chima came to be). Lego should do these things because it feels natural that way. I said this part because it’s okay to have allies. 

If the crossover were to happen, how can it happen? Well, here’s how I look at it: Suppose Vezon is trying to run away from Velika, he accidentally opened an Olmak portal to Ninjago’s universe, and then the crossover happen. The Overlord from Ninjago would team up with Velika, Von Nebula from Hero Factory, and Monstrox from Nexo Knights to try to take over both universes, and the heroes from the universes would team up to stop these villains and their army of villains that they have left (including Core Hunter because his fate is truly unknown, and I believe he’s not dead). I would also include Legends of Chima in this one because it is one of Ninjago’s realms for sure. It could finish what Lego had started. 

For the media to tell the story, well, I would be a TV or direct-to-video movie or a series of 22-minute episodes in a special if you get me. 

So there. I would hope Lego would consider doing that. Do a crossover for constraction themes and System themes could be a rarity (I think having Bionicle and Hero Factory being two of Ninjago’s realms could work, but I mostly doubt it because of what they are), but hey. It would be awesome and worth trying to do something new. :)

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot Legends of Chima, the links, and other things.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The issue with this is that Lego's shows are mostly aimed at a younger audience, in some cases people who literally weren't even born when Bionicle and Hero Factory were around. It's quite a big ask to expect them to know or care enough about ancillary background characters from an inaccessible theme they've never heard of before, to have any interest in an awkward, forced crossover between the two. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It already happened about as much of a crossover as I think we could ever expect, a nice subtle easter egg (or a few!) in Ninjago City and Ninjago City Docks sets: LEGO Sticker Sheet for Set 70657 (39276) | Brick Owl - LEGO Marketplace

BrickLink - Part 70657stk02 : Lego Sticker Sheet for Set 70657, Sheet 2 -  (39270/6233255) [Sticker Sheet] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

Eljay Johnsen on Twitter: "Hey @LEGO_Group, another question for you. In  70620-1 NINJAGO City, there are plenty of references. Are these some as  well to BIONICLE?… https://t.co/aSm1BJgsiU"

Let's not forget the Bionicle easter eggs in stickers is going on strong, take this from the Harry Potter theme's Chamber of Secrets released this year. Nixie the Astronomer would be proud: 
LEGO-Harry-Potter-76389-Hogwarts-Chamber-of-Secrets-TBB-Review-AT5KP-4-1024x683.jpg

• Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

On 7/1/2021 at 6:44 AM, Lenny7092 said:

and went to Earth to learn the English language

Why do you think that Hero Factory characters actually speak English? 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

They have a huge “H” on the Hero Factory building? Rocka from Hero Factory’s Episode 9 knows that H is for Hero Factory. You didn’t know that? 

Anyway, I’ve seen so many negative (or not realistic “realistic”) comments from many of my topics, according to BZP’s notification bell icon. You really need to try to look at the positive sides of my ideas because they are logical. It’s okay to have opinions, but you shouldn’t write so negative. No offense. We all can think of possibilities. Plus, you double posted on some of them. That’s not why we do things in BZP.

1 hour ago, Lorentz said:

Why do you think that Hero Factory characters actually speak English? 

Actually with everything Christian Faber has begun hinting at regarding scrapped Hero Factory stuff lately... yes. Even if English and other Earth languages were not the actual "primary" language of Hero Factory, it seems they certainly could speak it after expanding Earth into their service district in 2011 then broadcasting Hero Factory FM in English in 2011. So canonically they can speak English (although it seems very weird all their iconography and text both in the comics, show and sets is in English too since they are an alien robot group and Earth was just one of many planets they served... but eh it is what it is). 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• 3 weeks later...

Im tired of seeing your "Ninjago is like Bionicle, so they should crossover" threads. No, just no. Ninjago and Bionicle just don't go together, they only have a handful of things in common and only a very small part of both communities want a crossover to be happend. 

Yes, they have similarities, but you will find similarities to something else in almost every work of fiction. And Ninjago and Bionicle don't have much in common apart from elemental powers, some character traits and the financial success. And why should Bionicle and Ninjago have a crossover at all? Bionicle (G1) is gone for more than 10 years, and Ninjago appeals to a younger target group who most likely do not know Bionicle, and if so then (maybe at best) only the sets or the name. And yes, there are people who want such a crossover, but they are only a very tiny part of both fandoms.

On 7/30/2021 at 2:18 PM, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Lenny7092, I notice that you seem to be rather fond of crossovers between various LEGO themes. Might I ask why? I am a fan of both Bionicle and Ninjago, but I don't really see the point in having a crossover of the two.

Well, I always want Bionicle and Hero Factory to crossover because they have so many similarities that Bionicle G1 and HF should have the same universe, and since Bionicle is more popular than HF while HF was there to sustain the constraction category while Bionicle was gone in 2010-2014, I look at HF as a forgivable successor that did well in some parts. 

However, Bionicle with Ninjago is pretty unlikely because both are different in some ways. However, they are amazingly similar from time to time, so I thought it would be cool and fun to have a crossover. 

Plus, people are shared universe’s these days. I mean, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is doing very well. DC Extended Universe and The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe have a similar idea. Powerpuff Girls G1 and Dexter’s Laboratory share the same universe when they both have Major Glory. Ben 10 G1 and The Secret Saturdays share the same universe when in a Ben 10 Omniverse episode, the heroes worked together to defeat their united foes. Ninjago even has Legends of Chima as a part of its universe when Morro and Lloyd entered the world of Chima in the Season 5 finale while Chima is revealed to be one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms. This is why I’m interested in the possibilities of the crossovers, as they could happen. I would think Nexo Knights could share the same universe as Ninjago when I’m one episode, the king welcomed his friends to his “realm” (hint, hint).

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot something.

3 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Bionicle and Hero Factory to crossover because they have so many similarities

How many? Aside from both being story-based action figure themes, they aren't that similar.

3 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

the king welcomed his friends to his “realm”

"Realm" is just a general term used to refer to an area of land, whether or not its held by a monarch or other governmental group. Its use here wasn't necessarily the sense that Ninjago uses the word in.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted big no. They're just so different in terms of tone that it wouldn't contribute to either of their universes. They represent hugely distinct eras of LEGO storytelling.

Within the context of Ninjago/Chima/Nexo Knights, I could see any of those easily having a crossover because of how similar their storytelling is. They're visually similar, generally use the same format (TV show) and have a similarly lighthearted tone. It would be jarring to see Bionicle try to copy that tone, or for any of them to adopt Bionicle's. Hero Factory or G2 might be more compatible, but even then I don't think it would add anything.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2021 at 7:30 AM, Lenny7092 said:

People’s re into crossovers these days.

Are they??

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

(Sarcasm ahead)

Bionicle, Ninjago, and Xmen/Fantastic 4 should have a crossover. They all have heroes who use elemental powers. They all fight dark lords. Plus, DC published the bionicle comics, and DC once had a Marvel vs DC crossover where heroes from each group fought heroes from the other. So Bionicle should just crossover with all of DC and Marvel. Who do you think would win Kopaka vs Iceman? Tahu vs Human Torch? Gali in 3 way standoff vs Namor vs Aquaman? Onua's Pakari vs Superman? Potatu's kakama vs Flash vs Quicksilver?

The tiniest similarity doesn't mean it should be crossed with ANYTHING.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2021 at 2:34 PM, ToaDume said:

(Sarcasm ahead)

Bionicle, Ninjago, and Xmen/Fantastic 4 should have a crossover. They all have heroes who use elemental powers. They all fight dark lords. Plus, DC published the bionicle comics, and DC once had a Marvel vs DC crossover where heroes from each group fought heroes from the other. So Bionicle should just crossover with all of DC and Marvel. Who do you think would win Kopaka vs Iceman? Tahu vs Human Torch? Gali in 3 way standoff vs Namor vs Aquaman? Onua's Pakari vs Superman? Potatu's kakama vs Flash vs Quicksilver?

The tiniest similarity doesn't mean it should be crossed with ANYTHING.

The problem here is that that would actually be cool just for the sheer insanity of seeing Pohatu racing the Flash. The Bionicle comics were published by DC SO TECHNICALLY IT COULD HAPPEN. Obviously I wouldn't really want it, but your sarcastic counter-argument has looped back on itself to become a supportive argument. 

HERE'S how you do it:

Harry Potter and SpongeBob should have a crossover because they both have Lego sets, they both have supernatural elements, and they both have schools and underwater scenes. 

Edited by Lorentz
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 8:11 AM, Lenny7092 said:

Plus, people are shared universe’s these days. I mean, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is doing very well. DC Extended Universe and The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe have a similar idea.

Yeah I hate to be another person disagreeing, but this reasoning just doesn't work. Marvel is all in the same world for all I care, there is always superheroes and in different films we see different heroes do different things, they're mostly in the same time period, they're not from different franchises with different lore, sure some might be set in space or maybe a bit in the past but it all fits together in a deliberately designed multi-verse. So Marvel and DC, two intentionally designed superhero story collections can be ruled out as examples.

The Lego Movie is different as most are appearances are passing cameos and the ones that have substantial screen time are promoting currently existing product lines, or things that have been invented for the movie. For a full fledged crossover to work, both Ninjago *and* Bionicle would have to be currently available product lines. But I'm not saying no to passing references, we've gotten so many bread crumbs in the form of stickers or subtle builds, I think those are pretty good for now.

Yah know what I mean?

(Note: I've only seen The Lego Movie 1, so if I say anything that's contradicted by 2, don't take me seriously.) Well, there are crossover characters in The Lego Movie with some pretty significant roles. I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty wild that Batman and Gandalf can be characters in the same movie. The thing is, it works in The Lego Movie, because the movie is essentially framed as one kid's headcanon. Characters from wildly different franchises can be thrown together along with OCs because fans can do that whenever they want.

As for the DC cinematic universe, it's just a traditional cinematic universe presented directly (without the mediation of a framing story) by a company. Companies tend to be more conservative than kids. They're not just going to throw together franchises that don't make sense together. So, Bionicle is probably never going to cross over with any other DC franchise.

Which brings us back to The Lego Group. They seemed to have always intended for Bionicle to be a self-contained story, as evidenced by their resistance to crossing over the Bionicle realm with the real world in the first movie. Therefore, while Bionicle is technically part of the "Lego Movie Cinematic Universe," it will most likely never play a role within the universe's media.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aside from some early concept art that suggest there were scrapped plans for Takanuva to be a villain (?) in Lego Movie 2, the only mention of Bionicle in those films was a very brief image of Gen 1 as one of numerous other themes that explicitly weren't important to the story. I've always seen it as more of a dismissive easter egg than any kind of implication that Bionicle is part of some shared Lego universe. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

10 hours ago, Nato The Whisperer said:

the only mention of Bionicle in those films was a very brief image of Gen 1 as one of numerous other themes that explicitly weren't important to the story.

and that are literally other realms in the universe

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.