Happy 11th anniversary, Hero Factory!

Do you think HF has a good history?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What it says above. Happy 11th anniversary, Hero Factory! It’s a good theme. It may be second-rate to Bionicle, but yes. Would you like to celebrate it somehow? Do you think it had a good history? For me, I think it had a pretty good history. I hope that if Bionicle comes back in 2021 or 2022 because of certain Bionicle projects in Lego Ideas successfully, HF would come back, too. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Hero Factory had its niche, I guess, but it always felt like a huge step down compared to Bionicle, both in terms of story and set design.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

but it always felt like a huge step down compared to Bionicle, both in terms of story and set design.

while the story may have been simpler, and some of the heroes were a bit basic, hero

factory really came into its own with the villians. Xplode, Witch Doctor(i never got that guy), splitface, von nebula, 

those were cool.

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

• 2 months later...

Hero factory is one of those things I really don't care for. I remember its' release back in 2010 and was initially supportive of it as a nice shake up for the status quo. Of course that quickly tailed off. The theme itself seemed to be an afterthought for Lego. It felt more like an experiment to see if constraction could survive without bionicle. Lego decided to simplify everything. The story, the builds, even the packaging, simplicity was its' MO. But that I think is what ultimately killed it. The bionicle reboot would have been in development for at least two years and so that means Lego made the decision to bring it back after the breakout wave. I think that should tell you just about everything you need to know about its' success or lack thereof. I never saw it get half the fanfare as bionicle. In fact many of its' collectors seemed to be people who were themselves bionicle fans. There was just nothing to attach yourself to with HF and as such I see it as a thing with no real identity for itself. Overall I expect it to be nothing more than a minor footnote in the Lego companies' history. 

It's time to move on.

3 hours ago, masterchirox580 said:

There was just nothing to attach yourself to with HF and as such I see it as a thing with no real identity for itself. Overall I expect it to be nothing more than a minor footnote in the Lego companies' history. 

it's positive people like you keeping the fandom alive

• Like 1

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif