Happy Twentieth Anniversary Bionicle

With release dates of sets varying by country, it's impossible to pin an exact date of when Bionicle launched, but the Summer of 2001 is widely regarded as the worldwide release. To celebrate, we're sharing a pair of videos from two of the theme's most prominent faces: Christian Faber and Greg Farshtey, reflecting on the line so many of us hold dear. Many thanks to both of them for recording these messages and to the LEGO AFOL Engagement Team for coordinating our receipt of them. It's been a wild two decades, and it's all thanks to you, the fans, for keeping Bionicle going for all this time!

View the full article

• Like 5

Happy 20th anniversary, Bionicle! It’s an awesome part of my life, childhood, and a vital part of my happiness. It has had a very good history in its life. It’s about magical and bio-mechanical heroes called Toa and their allies fighting against a villain named Makuta Teridax and other evil forces to stop them from harming the universe and their people while collecting various special objects that can help them do so. It has a lot of awesome sets, and the story is told through mainly chapter books, comics, online animations, four direct-to-video movies, the two Mata Nui online games, and online story serials. There are also video games, other online games, and guide books. Bionicle is the one that saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001 when it happened. Today was when the first Bionicle comic book was released on July 1, 2001 in the USA. When Bionicle was wrongfully cancelled in 2010, Hero Factory came to kept Lego’s action figure category alive in 2010-2014. HF did very good, too. After HF sadly got wrongfully cancelled, Bionicle came back in 2015, but as a reboot. The reboot was pretty good. When Bionicle got wrongfully and brutally cancelled again in 2016, HF wasn’t there for some reason, and the action figure category disappeared in 2018. I am extremely sad without Bionicle and Hero Factory, and my life kind of got trashed because of their cancellations. :( However, they have legacies, and as fans, including me, are dedicated to it, and are willing to convinced Lego to bring them back. I hope this year is a good chance. Plus, I hope Lego will follow my ideas if the Lego 90th anniversary project in 2022 is based on Bionicle (I emailed allegro about it, and they love my ideas) and will become successful (when you click the link and links in it, please don’t listen to those guys pessimistic comments because they are meaningless jokes and that happened when Bionicle and Hero Factory aren’t here now): 

I really want Bionicle to come back to my life again. Anyway, it’s also nice that Greg and Faber are appreciating Bionicle this year. :)

Edited by Lenny7092
Grammar mistake.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)