Official BBC Contest #78: The Good 20-20!

Official BBC Contest #78:The Good 20-20!

Twenty years!

That's a lot of years. It's a solid chunk of a human lifespan, it's a long time to go without [RELEVANT_SPORTS_CHAMPIONSHIP], and it's a terrible vintage for milk. Twenty years can be a lot of things, and this month, it's two specific milestones:

1) Bionicle's release in North America

2) The launch of what would become BZPower

A lot of things can happen in twenty years of sets, story, and community. At least one of those things has made a cozy little home in your heart. For this double anniversary contest, your theme is to build something based on your favourite moment in either Bionicle or BZPower history. Something in the story made your jaw drop? Good times in the BZRPG? Got a particular affection for a particular set? Here's your chance to celebrate it.

I know time doesn't mean much anymore, but twenty genuine years have gone by. Whether you've been around since that summer of 2001 or just dropped in last month, you're part of a storied, creative fandom. Embrace it, and share what you love!

Let the party begin!

-------------------------

You have from now until Sunday, July 18th at 11:59 P.M. Eastern to submit your entries. To submit your entries, just use this handy form. Only one entry per person, please.

Voting:

Preliminary Voting begins July 20th and ends July 23rd at 11:59 P.M. EST.

Final Voting begins July 23rd and ends July 26th at 11:59 P.M. EST.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on July 27th.

Rules:

1) Entries may not have been posted on BZPower prior to the start of the contest. It can be posted anywhere else before the contest, but it must never have been seen before on BZPower. Once entered, entries cannot be modified: you're committed to what you've entered. If you withdraw your entry, you cannot enter again that contest. If your entry is disqualified, you cannot enter again that contest.

2) Painted parts, non-LEGO parts, and parts edited in Photoshop are not permitted and will disqualify you. All other LEGO pieces are permitted, but the entry must be at least 75% Bionicle/Hero Factory/Technic.

3) Keep it clean, keep it civil. No flaming, no whining. Unsporting conduct will just get you disqualified.

4) Campaigning for votes (mass-PMing, etc), using multiple accounts to skew voting, and sundry other methods of cheating are only going to end in tears for you. Trust us: we'll know when you're doing it.

---------------------------------------

Prizes:

The first-place winner will receive 8537 Nui-Rama, 8688 Toa Gali Mistika, and a Chronicler's Staff. The second-place winner will receive 8689 Toa Tahu Mistika, 8722 Kazi, and a Chronicler's Staff. The third-place winner will receive 8690 Toa Onua Mistika and a Chronicler's Staff. Thanks to LEGO for the prizes!

---------------------------------------

Contest Host:

Tufi Piyufi

Well, what are you waiting for? Get building!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

17 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Out of curiosity, what exactly is a Chronicler's Staff? (outside of story that is) :P

This part: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48253&name=Bionicle Weapon Chronicler's Staff&category=[Bionicle]#T=C

Before its inclusion in later sets after 2003, it used to be a rare promotional part and was offered as a prize in classic BBC contests back in the day. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Distorted said:

This part: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48253&name=Bionicle Weapon Chronicler's Staff&category=[Bionicle]#T=C

Before its inclusion in later sets after 2003, it used to be a rare promotional part and was offered as a prize in classic BBC contests back in the day. 

Cool, thank you! B-)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

2 hours ago, Heyzorks said:

for my entry, i'm planning to use small lights for my model. they aren't Lego pieces,

but i'm just using them behind transparent Lego pieces for background lighting.

the rest of the entry is lego models.

is this allowed? thanks, bye.

I'm afraid not; like it says in rule 2, non-Lego components aren't allowed.

I'm afraid not; like it says in rule 2, non-Lego components aren't allowed.

ah, ok, i'll find a different way.

EDIT: one more question for you, are photos taken outside(i.e. models standing on wood/grass/stone) allowed?

Edited by Heyzorks

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

On 7/4/2021 at 3:28 AM, Heyzorks said:

ah, ok, i'll find a different way.

EDIT: one more question for you, are photos taken outside(i.e. models standing on wood/grass/stone) allowed?

That's totally fine.

20 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

@Tufi Piyufi I had a question as well, am I able to submit more than one photo of the creation in the link you attach to the form (such as a dropbox folder with 4 pictures or so), or can I only submit one?

Thanks!

You can have as many pictures as you want in your topic, but only one entry picture will go on the list/for voting.

5 hours ago, Obsessionist said:

The focus of my entry is a location, but I'd like to like to have a slightly-modified set be part of the scene. Specifically, and '01 toa in a much, much larger MOC. Is that a problem?

For something like that, that would be fine.

• 5 weeks later...