Christian Faber and Greg Farshtey's Messages to the Community: Presented By BZPower!

"Times are dark, and evil rules..."

20 years ago, six canisters washed ashore the island of Mata Nui, changing the lives of many fans around the world.

In the time before time, from the unreleased Cybots to the Slizers/Throwbots and then to Roboriders, these Technic themes would be the foundation in which Bionicle was built upon and improved vastly. Unleashed into the world, Bionicle continues to inspires the lives of many people to this day and promotes nothing but creativity and positivity.

Main:

In-case you haven't checked them out, BZPower just presented two special messages to the Bionicle community, two messages from Christian Faber and Greg Farshtey.

Christian Faber's Message:

https://youtu.be/lVgYQdyokic

"See you on a golden beach somewhere and keep MOCing and being creative".

Greg Farshtey's Message:

https://youtu.be/6dhR0Az4j3g

"As long as somebody is thinking about it, as long as somebody loves it, it's never actually gone".

20 years of a toyline that changed my life forever and continues to inspire me to this day, from its creative storytelling to its visuals, concepts, and messages. Thank you Bionicle, everybody that worked on it, and to this amazing community that keeps the heart beating.

20 Years of Bionicle

1222525158_Earlybionicle_Vitruvianrobot.thumb.jpg.293c08b34483a2cdf804f09f354fc52c.jpg

BIONICLE_2001-2010.thumb.jpg.85d2e921311252186bec71c603676132.jpg

Unity. Duty. Destiny.

(Both images created by Christian Faber via Faber Files)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It’s very nice to hear from Faber and Greg. :) 

Anyway, happy 20th anniversary, Bionicle! It’s an awesome part of my life, childhood, and a vital part of my happiness. It has had a very good history in its life. It’s about magical and bio-mechanical heroes called Toa and their allies fighting against a villain named Makuta Teridax and other evil forces to stop them from harming the universe and their people while collecting various special objects that can help them do so. It has a lot of awesome sets, and the story is told through mainly chapter books, comics, online animations, four direct-to-video movies, the two Mata Nui online games, and online story serials. There are also video games, other online games, and guide books. Bionicle is the one that saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001 when it happened. Today was when the first Bionicle comic book was released on July 1, 2001 in the USA. When Bionicle was wrongfully cancelled in 2010, Hero Factory came to kept Lego’s action figure category alive in 2010-2014. HF did very good, too. After HF sadly got wrongfully cancelled, Bionicle came back in 2015, but as a reboot. The reboot was pretty good. When Bionicle got wrongfully and brutally cancelled again in 2016, HF wasn’t there for some reason, and the action figure category disappeared in 2018. I am extremely sad without Bionicle and Hero Factory, and my life kind of got trashed because of their cancellations. :( However, they have legacies, and as fans, including me, are dedicated to it, and are willing to convinced Lego to bring them back. I hope this year is a good chance. Plus, I hope Lego will follow my ideas if the Lego 90th anniversary project in 2022 is based on Bionicle (I emailed allegro about it, and they love my ideas) and will become successful (when you click the link and links in it, please don’t listen to those guys pessimistic comments because they are meaningless jokes and that happened when Bionicle and Hero Factory aren’t here now). 

I really want Bionicle to come back to my life again.

• Like 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 7/3/2021 at 5:53 AM, TakuaTheChronicler said:

Bionicle continues to inspires the lives of many people to this day and promotes nothing but creativity and positivity.

Man, I wish that last part was true. 

The recent polls for next year's anniversary set really showed us the ugly side of the adult Lego fandom.

There's a lot of outright hate and hostility out there for Bionicle and its fans.  

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

5 hours ago, masterchirox580 said:

I mean the average bionicle fan is 30 at the maximum so you won't really see it yet. Farshtey on the other hand, you can see it. And it feels so strange.

I couldn't help but think on seeing him that, in another life, Greg could have been an Orthodox priest.

Hearing him talk about Bionicle was such a joy. For some reason it makes it so much more resonant knowing he knew how important Bionicle was to us.

• Like 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It's great that both of them still love Bionicle enough to do something like this. I know the community has its disagreements with both of them at times, but they made something we all enjoy, and this shows they still have their hearts in it as much as we do.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, Lenny7092 said:

snib

Please stop shilling your posts in every single topic you visit. 

• Upvote 2

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wow it's been 20 years. It's funny, I started talking to 3 guys at work about Bionicle and they remember the old days with the toys and now they're doing all sorts of lore research and we've really been having some deep conversations now. Two of us have the UDD logo as bumper stickers on our cars. It amazes me how large Bionicle was with millennial boys and how it has almost entirely vanished from their minds today until you bring it up. However, and I assume this applies to every member still on BZ Power, Bionicle will remain in our hearts until the day we die and that's something special.

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

Thank you so much Greg Farshtey and Christian Faber for changing my life. Bionicle has been my whole life as a teenager growing up and has aspired me to write my own novels as a future author as well as writing fanfictions. Aside from the sets, I have collected every novel, graphic novel, guide book, and animated dvd films (Including Kanohi masks and Krana). Now as an adult in 2021 Bionicle will always have a special place in my heart and will always revisit the 10 year storyline.

I cannot wait for the Bionicle Day livestream at beaverhouse!

Edited by bohrokmaster