The LEGO UCS Republic Gunship is Coming August First

The front page was pretty busy yesterday, so we waited until today to share the announcement of 75309 Republic Gunship, the latest addition to the LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collectors Series. The set contains 3,292 pieces and will retail for $350 when it launches on August 1st. You can read the full press release in the LEGO Newsroom or head to StarWars.com to hear from Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, creative lead of LEGO Star Wars, and Hans Burkhard Schlomer, designer of the set. It's certainly an impressive feat of LEGO engineering, with some great design features and details, and one I'm sure many fans will be excited to add to their collections.

View the full article

My only real complain is the top of the side doors. I know the movie model is curved similarly at the top, but I don't think they quite nailed the shape. Should be flush with the fuselage when closed. Including a mini speeder bike for the interior would have been a cherry on top, but I'm being greedy. It's a really beautiful rendition of the ship, and I look forward to making this my first UCS set.

Hopefully this does well enough to encourage more prequel UCS sets so we can get a UCS ARC-170.

BZPRPG

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I always knew it will win. Anyway, it reminds me of that Star Wars Episode 2 set in 2002. It was an amazing set during the time. Good times and nostalgia.

Little kid me saved up allll his money to buy that when it came out. It's the only version of the ship I bought, and it's still sitting on my shelf 19 years later, mostly intact. It's definitely been surpassed by later versions, but I don't think its aged that badly either. I look forward to displaying it next to the UCS version.

BZPRPG