• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Marvel Ultrabuild Images Surface

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,301 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just in time for the upcoming <i>Avengers</i> movie, images of the sets to be released around the same time have appeared. Brickset is hosting images of <a href='http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=4597-1' target='offsite'>Captain America</a>, <a href='http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=4530-1' target='offsite'>The Incredible Hulk</a>, and <a href='http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=4529-1' target='offsite'>Ironman</a>. BZPower has had reviews of the DC Ultrabuilds, so check these sets out to see how they compare.

View the full article

#2 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,584 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 12:37 AM

Iron Man is easily the best of the three, I think. Although maybe that's just because he's got the least human-like face, so looks a little more what we're used to between Bionicle and Hero Factory. Still, they're all pretty awesome!

Posted Image

#3 Offline MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,684 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 12:57 AM

Hmm....I'm liking the Iron Man set.

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

#4 Offline Toa Optimar-Toa of Gravity!

Toa Optimar-Toa of Gravity!
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 532 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 05:09 AM

Mostly uninterested in the previous DC wave, really these seem just as unappealing.The themes these days.

#5 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for report this, yesterday I sent e-mail about this.I love the iron-man figure, captain america is pretty solid, and hulk's limbs kinda meh.overall like them.

#6 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,276 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 08:06 AM

These look alot better than the offerings so far, as far as looks go. Alot less disjointed and solid. Of course, we won't really know untill they come out.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#7 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 08:07 AM

They are all awesome looking I wonder what new peices they contain. :rau: :pakarinu: :pakari: :pahrak: :komau: :kaukaunu: :kakama: :huna: :haunu: :hau:

#8 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,103 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 09:38 AM

The Iron Man set looks the best out of these three, IMO. The other two just don't look good to me. (I do like Captain America's shield though.)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#9 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 10:27 AM

I've seen them, and they all look kind of "Meh!".Exept for Iron Man; he doesn't look great, but the "mechenical" look that these pieces give them is fitting with Iron Man.

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#10 Offline Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Infiltrating

• 10,199 posts

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 10:47 AM

Well, the Ironman looks best. Mostly because the heads from HF parts already look a bit like him.

smaugbanner.jpg

#11 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,829 posts

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 11:00 AM

Iron Man's outstanding. Definitely looking to get him.Captain America looks alright.Hulk looks horrible.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#12 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,224 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 11:12 AM

Iron Man is the highlight of this wave. His arms look all weird, though ... they should have armored the lower arms, and not made them so stumpy. I'm liking the weapon.Captain America looks like a gladiator/football player running though a paint factory. Red, white, and blue do not go together, and why the random gunmetal?Hulk makes me want to vomit. The only redeeming quality about him is his huge chest armor.

Edited by Sumiki, Jan 31 2012 - 11:12 AM.

sdadcomedy.png

#13 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 12:01 PM

Iron Man is the highlight of this wave. His arms look all weird, though ... they should have armored the lower arms, and not made them so stumpy. I'm liking the weapon.Captain America looks like a gladiator/football player running though a paint factory. Red, white, and blue do not go together, and why the random gunmetal?Hulk makes me want to vomit. The only redeeming quality about him is his huge chest armor.

Couldn't agree more!

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#14 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 741 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 12:01 PM

I actually got to see some of these sets at Comic Con over the summer. Iron Man is by far the best looking, and the worst looking one would have to be the Hulk, who looks terrible from behind.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

#15 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 688 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 12:22 PM

I think Iron man is the only one anybody likes around here. :PI'm really looking forward to the Marvel sets. Especially, Any set(s) that may contain Deadpool. ^_^-:b::c::2::1:

:I

#16 Offline Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 02:04 PM

I for one think Captain Chin looks amazing....Wait hold on.

gamdance.gif

gamdance.gif    mspabanne6.gif    gamdance.gif

gamdance.gif                                       gamdance.gif                                       gamdance.gif

#17 Offline Takua Nui of GoAnimate

Takua Nui of GoAnimate
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 69 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 03:02 PM

Wow, finally! I can't say that these look better than the DC heroes, but I'll be picking up the Iron Man for the parts! Red, red, red! Is it just me, or do they have a new torso skeleton?
Takua Nui
of
GoAnimate

#18 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 03:27 PM

I like them all and plus did you see THE LEGO INCREDIBLE HULK's chest plate. it looks like it would be good for mocs with bulky bodies. :rau: :pakarinu: :pahrak: :komau: :kaukaunu: :kakama: :huna: :haunu: :hau: :pakari:

#19 Offline DeeVee

DeeVee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Leaders
  • Senior Master Photographer

• 5,268 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 03:32 PM

I will own all three of these.

spidermiles.jpg

#20 Offline TakuaTheAvrahk

TakuaTheAvrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 375 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 03:39 PM

Those look awesome, especially Iron Man.
Reshiram, Zekrom + Kyurem MOCs-New-
Posted ImageCredit to Phyoohrii!
Still wanna Chibi Hero Factory Banner? PM Me!
Now on MOCpages! Fave me! ^-^

#21 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 03:42 PM

I wish I owned them all I hope they come out soon. :rau: :pakarinu: :pakari: :pahrak: :komau: :kaukaunu: :kakama: :huna: :haunu: :hau:

#22 Offline Yaldabaoth

Yaldabaoth
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,287 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm really liking the gold pieces on Iron Man. The bulky chest armor on the Hulk looks a bit over-the-top to me. The sets as a whole are uninteresting, but the pieces are intriguing.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-- Harlan Ellison

Short Stories:
DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal and Makuta Teridax
AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt
THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

#23 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm really liking the gold pieces on Iron Man. The bulky chest armor on the Hulk looks a bit over-the-top to me. The sets as a whole are uninteresting, but the pieces are intriguing.

Ya the gold peices on iron man are awesome. :rau: :pakarinu: :pakari: :pahrak: :komau: :kaukaunu: :kakama: :huna: :haunu: :hau:

#24 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,207 posts

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 09:06 PM

Ooh... um... ok. Here goes.iron man, looks decent, arms could be reworked. but pretty nice.Captain America. Um. Yikes. He isn't supposed to be that bulky. Should've h3en made smaller, with parts in the other two.Hulk. That was a bad choice for a one piece hand. The lower legs should've been bulkier.

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#25 Offline L'Etranger

L'Etranger
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 3,255 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 09:16 PM

Iron man is want for the red and gold, but other than that, I think I'm gonna pass on these sets.

zKPS4TR.jpg

#26 Offline zerack: the rogue

zerack: the rogue
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 466 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hulk's pants are not purple. Lost interest...Cap looks awkward, and Iron Man seems decent at least. Maybe cause of the massive cannon on his shoulder.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

#27 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,081 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2012 - 12:34 PM

Other than the colors of the Hulk set, he's my second-favorite of these three after Iron Man. Captain America's weird shoulder armor just makes no sense to me. Meanwhile, Hulk's brutish proportions are very nice, although I wish he had fingers and longer forearms.Of the DC heroes, Batman was my favorite for looking the least robotic of the three. Of the Marvel ones, Iron Man's my favorite because he looks very robotic, and on him it makes much more sense than on Green Lantern, Joker, or Captain America.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#28 Offline Takua Nui of GoAnimate

Takua Nui of GoAnimate
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 69 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2012 - 12:37 PM

I've been wondering, why do Cap and Hulk have big (very big in Cap's case) silver shoulders? It looks out of place on Hulk and way too big on Cap.
Takua Nui
of
GoAnimate

#29 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,081 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2012 - 01:15 PM

I've been wondering, why do Cap and Hulk have big (very big in Cap's case) silver shoulders? It looks out of place on Hulk and way too big on Cap.

In Hulk's case, at least, it's almost certainly because they only had a budget for a certain number of parts in new colors for this series. Since the Superheroes (at least, the DC ones) are all said to be wearing "power armor" to explain their slightly-robotic look, silver shoulders on Hulk doesn't seem too out of place, although he needs armor least of all of them.In Cap's, again, power armor, but I'm not fond of it because it is big and blocky, even compared to the stylishly-buff Green Lantern set.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#30 Offline Takua Nui of GoAnimate

Takua Nui of GoAnimate
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 69 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2012 - 03:27 PM

In Hulk's case, at least, it's almost certainly because they only had a budget for a certain number of parts in new colors for this series. Since the Superheroes (at least, the DC ones) are all said to be wearing "power armor" to explain their slightly-robotic look, silver shoulders on Hulk doesn't seem too out of place, although he needs armor least of all of them.In Cap's, again, power armor, but I'm not fond of it because it is big and blocky, even compared to the stylishly-buff Green Lantern set.

I wonder if Cap can run in that stuff.

Y'know, maybe the silver armor represents Bruce Banner's shirt being torn when he undergoes his transformation into the 'big green machine'.

Takua Nui
of
GoAnimate

#31 Offline TahnokVa123

TahnokVa123
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 20 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2012 - 04:53 PM

Iron Man is definitely the best, but the chest armor on Hulk...Captain America looks pretty bad.

#32 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2012 - 08:58 AM

Iron Man is definitely the best, but the chest armor on Hulk...Captain America looks pretty bad.

Why do you think LEGO CAPTAIN AMERICA looks bad, I think he looks great there are lots of blue, white, and red pieces in there it has to be a dream come true for a moc that would not want to buy so many things. Plus the shield ROCKS!

#33 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,224 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 03 2012 - 11:53 AM

Iron Man is definitely the best, but the chest armor on Hulk... Captain America looks pretty bad.

Why do you think LEGO CAPTAIN AMERICA looks bad, I think he looks great there are lots of blue, white, and red pieces in there it has to be a dream come true for a moc that would not want to buy so many things. Plus the shield ROCKS!

I don't think anyone is debating the part potential. It's the color scheme - not to mention those ridiculous gunmetal shoulder pads. I'm sure it'll be a goldmine for MOCists - which is why I'll probably get him, or at least the parts that interest me - but as a set, the general consensus is that he looks hideous.

sdadcomedy.png

#34 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2012 - 12:01 PM

Iron Man is definitely the best, but the chest armor on Hulk... Captain America looks pretty bad.

I don't think anyone is debating the part potential. It's the color scheme - not to mention those ridiculous gunmetal shoulder pads. I'm sure it'll be a goldmine for MOCists - which is why I'll probably get him, or at least the parts that interest me - but as a set, the general consensus is that he looks hideous.

I think LEGO CAPTAIN AMERICA looks good.

#35 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 182 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2012 - 05:04 AM

I saw these pictures in Janurary ;). New Zealand is getting them early (I think) in May, henceworth in 2012 Catalogue #1. This comes at a price however, we also get the DC Ultrabuilds in May :(

Edited by SillyCordak, Feb 07 2012 - 05:04 AM.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

#36 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 03:50 PM

Well, the Ironman looks best. Mostly because the heads from HF parts already look a bit like him.

That is true I remember the glatorian head piece it just looked like a transparent Iron man piece.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users