Ninjago: Cgi Or Anime?

ZTG

So yea, what do you think? Ninjago better as an anime do to the fact that its based off chinese and Japanese culture? Or should it still be cgi?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

It's CGI. Even Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't really anime, despite the style (it's "anime-influenced"). Anime is also not entirely CGI, there has to be some form of traditional animation. However, in Japan, everything is anime, and the category we've given it is purely Western in origin. Heck, I have a hard time distinguishing anime and Western animation when I'm speaking Mandarin (they are also called the same thing). But, per the western view, I would say no, it is CGI. It's not even animated in Japan, and has no Japanese or even Asian origin.

I think that CGI works better for LEGO in general, especially when Minifigures are involved. I really like Ninjago's animation style, because it looks like its half realistic and half LEGO with the characters, in the way they move, act, etc.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

A Ninjago anime - provided the characters are human, kind of like what Tohkann's done with Re-Birth Chronicles - would be pretty interesting in my humble opinion.EDIT: This might be better as a poll.

Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

As much I love I in CGI I think the ninja and serpentine would look so beast in anime and so would the skulkin(now that would be scary and awesome!)I know! I'll post some pics of them in an anime form!

A Ninjago anime - provided the characters are human, kind of like what Tohkann's done with Re-Birth Chronicles - would be pretty interesting in my humble opinion.The ninja are technically human, however they are in a minifig state. In fact, all minifigs are technically human.EDIT: This might be better as a poll.

CGI works perfectly for NINJAGO in my opinion. I am not sure anime would work too well for minifigures.The ninja are human, however all the characters are in their set form to promote the ninjago theme, which was the reason ninjago master of spinjitzu~Gata. ;)

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis