BZPRPG - News and Discussion

1 hour ago, Leaf said:

@ARROW404 / dark walk crew: just to make sure you guys are aware OOC since I realized things might have been somewhat unclear, Skorm still seems to be on the ceiling visually as well, and his lightstone is still hovering up there. More is going on than just getting sucked away, not that you all are aware of any of that.

Don't worry.

Everything will be fine.

Charek did ask if Skorm could check out the roots.

The times, they are a-changing...

I still feel a little bit like I was metagaming when I wrote that, but honestly, I bet Skorm probably would have been in the best position for that if he hadn't been yoinked.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

8 hours ago, Leaf said:

@ARROW404 / dark walk crew: just to make sure you guys are aware OOC since I realized things might have been somewhat unclear, Skorm still seems to be on the ceiling visually as well, and his lightstone is still hovering up there. More is going on than just getting sucked away, not that you all are aware of any of that.

Don't worry.

Everything will be fine.

Ah. Indeed, I hadn't gotten that at all.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

9B4F721D-934B-4D29-8289-3FF13829CC21.thumb.jpeg.c7321b2000ffaa854448f0659f25be73.jpeg
Polished up some art of Kanohi’s current look to be my avatar. 

DF8187FC-E103-4AE0-9FE4-0DFD100B4B97.png

• Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, check this out:

BZPRPG Boxor_4.png

BZPRPG Boxor.png

BZPRPG Boxor_2.png

BZPRPG Boxor_3.png

Want one of these bad boys for your Matoran in the RPG? Nuparu might still have some available to give to the trustworthy. Ask Geardirector if an Exo-Matoran is right for you today!

Edited by ARROW404
The old images didn't render Nuparu's body. Fixed that.
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Mechcellent work. 

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wow, love the creative use of Rahkshi parts, this is a great mech. I love the sense the design gives that this is effectively a Boxor made from a Rahkshi instead of a Bohrok, it’s even got the color scheme. Thanks for sharing

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

6 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

what program are you all using to make these 3d models

Stud.io! It is very cool: it's free, generates the photrealistic images automatically, and is pretty intuitive to figure out. It's mostly for building Lego models, but it comes with a sparse few Bionicle parts and you can download more custom ones for free online. I've played around with it a little, but could never make anything like Arrow404's Boxer, which I'm very impressed by: a complicated, well designed build that looks like a real set and also mech built from Rahkshi parts. Nice work!

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

5 hours ago, Visaru said:

Stud.io! It is very cool: it's free, generates the photrealistic images automatically, and is pretty intuitive to figure out. It's mostly for building Lego models, but it comes with a sparse few Bionicle parts and you can download more custom ones for free online. I've played around with it a little, but could never make anything like Arrow404's Boxer, which I'm very impressed by: a complicated, well designed build that looks like a real set and also mech built from Rahkshi parts. Nice work!

Thanks a lot! I'll be honest though, I rarely premeditate how a set is going to be built, I just start sticking things together with a general idea of the end result. This one I built by starting with the legs and going up by chucking Technic pieces at it until it looked good, haha!

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

@ARROW404 @Daniel the Finlander  I'd appreciate you telling me where on this map you are/using paint to sketch your letter and I'll write you onto it, just for the time being. Sk is Skorm, L is the lieutenant, ? is the man who just showed up. Arrow, this should answer a few of your questions.

Cheers. 

image.png

Edited by Light
  • Like 3

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

7 hours ago, Light said:

@ARROW404 @Daniel the Finlander  I'd appreciate you telling me where on this map you are/using paint to sketch your letter and I'll write you onto it, just for the time being. Sk is Skorm, L is the lieutenant, ? is the man who just showed up. Arrow, this should answer a few of your questions.

Cheers.

Man, this picture clears so much up. This wasn't what I pictured at all from the text descriptions. Thanks.

Here's my addition to this work of art. The K is Kehuri.

doob.png

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

The Taajar of Hanaloi: the Kaazi

Clan Kaazi - Jahagir Hambra, approved by Tyler

Clan Kaazi, or more correctly the Kaazi tribe, are the caretakers and wardens of Hanaloi. When the Taajar were being pressed further and further into Odaiba, the ancestors of the Kaazi tribe elected to take another option rather than surrender or die; their Soko were abandoned, either given to other tribes or sacrificed to prevent them falling into Imperial hands. The Kaazi travelled to the island of Hanaloi, homeland of Clan Mashtet. There, years before the mainland Taajar signed any treaties, the Kaazi Jahagir and Mashtet Toroshu came to a secret agreement of their own. The Kaazi would live on Hanaloi, and be the island’s protectors and wardens. In return, the Mashtet would protect the Kaazi from mainland scrutiny, and would have the assurance of the Kaazi that they would never set foot into the Mashtet’s protected areas unless invited. Additionally, the relations between the clans would be bolstered by mixing bloodlines; neither the Kaazi nor the Mashtet were particularly large kin groups in their own right.

Today, the Kaazi are a unique example of Taajar culture; they never recognized the Astzyar, and officially do not exist in the eyes of the Empire. They quietly practice the old ways of shamanism, including maintaining koshi zrupgar. Their rituals often require mild (or not) hallucinogens, and Kaazi shamans are accomplished herbalists in their own right, including making herbal salves sometimes used to suppress gender characteristics.

The Kaazi train their zrupgar in an advanced variant of the Dasaka Sighteye discipline; instead of directly fooling the senses of a target, Kaazi zrupgar cloak themselves in illusions. Their discipline makes the use of Sighteye extremely efficient, but a more traditional use of Sighteye requires perfect concentration. Experts in the discipline can further blend their forms, rendering themselves invisible or projecting multiple of their own form. Each Kaazi tends to have a ‘repertoire’ of forms they specialize in, the first of which being an animal they can imitate.

Since they do not recognize the formal Taajar hierarchy, the Kaazi eschew normal Taajar colors, but they often wear clothing with naturalistic colors that blends into the forests of Hanaloi. They also often carry less weaponry, but all members are trained with shortbows.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

So cool to see some more Taajar clans. Really awesome to see that the player-made Taajar culture has been further fleshed out - all done by players. Not only in clans but picking up on Taajar words and stuff and just expanding the cultures further. It's an example of the great collaborative storytelling that makes me enjoy the BZPRPG so much. Actually tempting me to make ANOTHER Taajar character rn. I will likely cave.

Edited by Palm
basically, taajar characters are just a huge blast
  • Like 5

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

can someone give me the quick rundown on the tajaar?

just found out the soulfire clans are apparently them too?

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

10 minutes ago, BULiK said:

can someone give me the quick rundown on the tajaar?

just found out the soulfire clans are apparently them too?

Taajar Culture: The Taajars are a nomadic people distinct from the Dasaka's dominant 'Imperial' culture. 

"edit:  bulik make a taajar"

Edited by Palm
:)
  • Like 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

cool

jokes on you plum, i did a week or two ago and was in the middle of writing a post when people started tajaarposting

i

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

F46ED0A6-AA57-4A5B-89FC-3CE4F682F4FE.thumb.jpeg.aa98f801a1649b8c6d040977f4abadd2.jpegCD3520B0-7683-4FB3-8F86-58903BC4A0A3.thumb.jpeg.39e80e6a5d25ea57d20f1b94b3578567.jpeg
Finally got all the parts I needed for this OC. Basically this is Hau, my backup character in case Kanohi dies, if I introduce them, they would be inspired to become a vigilante by his heroics.

And as you might guess by their color scheme, my intent is that they would be a Lesterin of Fire with dwarfism. Spent their whole life on Mata-Nui thinking they were a Ta-Matoran, only when Act 3 started some memories returned and they realized they were a freak of both for both a Lesterin and a Matoran. So Kanohi being a “cross-wired freak” but still a hero would really inspire them.

Again, I think I only will introduce them if Kanohi dies. Still, wanted to share the pics.

• Like 5

For anyone who wants Taajar info there's some on the wiki here.   (The Chand-long and the Kazi should probably be added there too.)

• Like 3

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

8 hours ago, Razgriz said:

what if wandering dudes wandered up a mountain

how did you find out about my entire zakaz plotline

• Like 4

Ok, so... seeing that the third arc has finally commenced, I find myself tempted to rejoin the rpg after a long absence.

But I'm REALLY confused about the new plot.

Is there a place where I could get a short summary of what happened at the end of the previous arc and what's going on now? The new players' topic only has an incomplete summary that doesn't extend to the end of the arc.

Also, I've noticed that there are apparently TWO (this and this) bzprpg wikis now? Which one should I use?

I wanna jump back in, but I really need to figure out the on-going plot first...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toatapio Nuva said:

Also, I've noticed that there are apparently TWO (this and this) bzprpg wikis now? Which one should I use?

Too busy for a full answer, but https://wiki.bzprpg.com/ (also accessible via https://bzprpg.wiki) is the more up to date wiki that we're using going forwards since I deployed it earlier this year. The old one was very outdated, so we imported all the pages over and have been renovating it ever since. Still a fixer-upper though, but useful in a pinch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

hey hey! good to see you around, friend : )

It's nice to feel welcome! ^_^

6 minutes ago, BULiK said:

Too busy for a full answer, but https://wiki.bzprpg.com/ (also accessible via https://bzprpg.wiki) is the more up to date wiki that we're using going forwards since I deployed it earlier this year. The old one was very outdated, so we imported all the pages over and have been renovating it ever since. Still a fixer-upper though, but useful in a pinch.

Ah, that makes sense. I'd better update my own character pages there then.

Still looking for a short explanation of what's going on. I did read the introductory post, but that one doesn't tell too much. Guess I should also check out the location pages too though...

@Toatapio Nuva Welcome back! There is actually a summary of the end of Arc 2 in the Starter Topic, but it's right at the bottom. The main thing not mentioned there is the reveal of Zakaz and its addition as a playable location: see the Zakaz Master Reference Post (ZMRP) in any of the Zakaz topics for a summary. Travel between Mata Nui (or Kentoku) and Zakaz has not yet been established, but Zakazian (Skakdi and Lesterin) characters on Mata Nui can now begin to recover from their amnesia and remember their homelands.

• Like 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

19 minutes ago, Toatapio Nuva said:

So I understand that Kentoku is in the middle of a war with Rahkshi?

Correct, the Empire only had enough ships to evacuate a fraction of the population; those who remain are subject to frequent attacks by Rahkshi and Infected Rahi. In the Umbralines' absence, the Dastana have taken control of Sado as the seat of their new 'Dasaka Republic', under their Toroshu Arsix (who has now claimed the title of 'Rora'). See the Kentoku topic description if you want to know what's been happening on each island.

19 minutes ago, Toatapio Nuva said:

Is there travel between Mata Nui and Kentoku at this point?

Yes and no. Travel between the two by sea takes quite some time due to the distance, but is entirely feasible. The only travel that has taken place in this way recently was the mass exodus from Kentoku ordered by the Rora, who have just arrived in Ga-Koro. If you have Dasaka characters you want to move to Mata Nui, having them be part of the exodus is the quickest and most obvious way.

There is another, more esoteric way of travelling between the two: via the portal located in each island's Vault. However, Makuta/Zataka has full control of the Kentoku Vault (the summit of Mt. Koshiki) so this would be dangerous to the point of suicide for virtually anyone.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

On 12/3/2021 at 10:25 AM, BULiK said:

I have another question regarding the wiki: when I try to edit my character pages, I get this message

"You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason: The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: writer."

What should I do to unlock editing?

12 hours ago, Toatapio Nuva said:

I have another question regarding the wiki: when I try to edit my character pages, I get this message

"You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason: The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: writer."

What should I do to unlock editing?

As a secondary measure to combat spam, I made it so an admin would have to give new users a role for them to be able to edit pages. You should be able to edit now.

• Like 1

Thank you BULiK!

Meanwhile, is anyone's character or group up for interaction? I'm planning to bring my characters (most of them Matoran) back to the game one by one, but don't really know where to start, and where it's ok to intrude on the on-going plots.

I've got a newswoman, miner, chronicler, pharmacist and evil Toa looking for something to do.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva