BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

3 hours ago, Perp said:

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro

”Depends on what it is.”

IC: Quoribay [Ga-Koro, Streets]

Now, see, I was just as curious as ol' Baz-buddy was on Surdo's offer, but I also had a slight suspicion it involved me, threats of (and/or actual) violence, and some widgets - and a little more that couldn't be directly priced out into widgets - that Surdo mistakenly thought he deserved from me (the gall!) for some, uh, long stories from way-back-when that maybe I'll go into later. You know me and tangents - it's a sin that I cause over and over.

Get it? Sin over Cos?

None of you got that? And some people say I can't do math, Zataka's cheeks... (Did I say that right?)

Where was I? Ah yes, potential threats of violence. Hence, my interjection. Dominate the verbal battlespace, as they say.

"What if I told you about a job opportunity that would only require a couple days of work, where you'd gain a small fortune that could pay off any of your debts -"

Yeah, I shot Surdo a glance. Even that backstabbing-scumbag-of-an-oaf-insert-expletive-of-choice-here could see the bombshell I was dropping between those lines.

"- create a retirement fund rivalled only by Jaller's pension, and cement your status as a legend in the process. Would you be able to refuse that offer?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Surdo - Ga-Koro

Surdo listened close to Quoribay. Admittedly, what he said intrigued him. But he was still Quoribay and for all Surdo knew, this was some kind of bit. It was enough of a distraction, however, for him to pause his conversation with Bazslin.

“…what are you talking about?” Surdo asked, looking over at the other Fe-Matoran.

OOC: @Perp@BULiK

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: [Ga-koro, Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
Pradhai watched Cephala intently—she was experienced enough both as a willhammer and as a person to know there was something the stone Datsue wasn’t saying.

“Do you have similar religious ?  I’ve heard your great spirit shares the name of this island, do you believe he dwells beneath it?”

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Geardirector

IC: [Ga-Koro, The Great Takea(Shuuan)]
Mr.  Dragon Chew-toy was giving me the silent treatment, so I was reduced to peeking at the mess going on next to me.   I snorted at Zafinee’s little sanctimonious rant but kept quiet.

For now.
OOC: @Void Emissary @Umbraline Yumiwa 

• Like 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

6 hours ago, Tarn said:

“…what are you talking about?”

As you all know, I'm not one to tell the full story to just anyone. Buy me a drink, first, geez...

Naturally, I played coy.

"Don't interrupt Baszlin - that's rather rude. I'm sure he has come up with an answer he's ready to tell."

No, seriously, buy me a drink. C'mon...

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Zadred - Ga-Koro, East Fishery District

Heading into the more Ga-Matoran populated part of town, Zadred recognized a few of the faces in the crowd, such as the greenhouse workers she'd interacted with on occasion, the fertilizer manufacturers she'd bought from. Others, not so much, as she hadn't really been to this part of Ga-Koro much in the past, both due to her travels keeping her away, and her interests mostly keeping her elsewhere in town aside from the occasional supply runs.

Entering a seaweed shack that seemed identifiable only by a red glowfish lantern hanging outside, Zadred had a brief glance around to take in the familiar space, turning her attention to the conversation being held and the effect it seemed to have on Timak. She seemed surprised, unsure what to say as they looked to her, before another liner seemed to sink the Toa entirely into having to sit down.

Accepting one of the bowls from Talli, Zadred sat down cross-legged with Timak, patting them on the shoulder reassuringly before taking a sip of her bowl of stew and broth, sighing appreciatively at the combination of aroma and taste that filled her senses as she picked out some chunks of fish to eat up with great appetite. "This is really good. My complements to the chef." She said with a radiant smile.

@Mel@Rahisaurus

• Like 2

IC: [Ga-koro, East Fishery District(Talli)]

Talli took a rolled up leaf, filled with warm yucca bread and fried plantains from the Ga-matoran at the stall.

“Uh…” she looked at the Skakdi and the Toa, eating on the ground in the middle of the lily pad.  “We can go to like, an empty pier or something.   You don’t have to worry about busy people running into you.   Or these clowns.”  She jabbed a thumb in the direction of the stall.

OOC: @Rahisaurus @Onaku

• Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

4 hours ago, Mel said:

“Uh… we can go to like, an empty pier or something.   You don’t have to worry about busy people running into you.   Or these clowns.”

With a mouth full of soup, Timak looks up, hastily swallowing to reply, "Oh! Yeah sure. I was kinda... not thinking." They stand up, clutching the bowl, and eyeing the pack of bread and plantains curiously. "Lead the way Talli, I'm sure you know the quiet places around here."
The Toa stands up and awkwardly casts a smile towards the Matoran who cooked the food, gesturing with the bowl. "It's good. Thanks!" they say quietly, before shuffling off in whichever direction Talli goes.

@Onaku @Mel

Edited by Rahisaurus
  • Like 1

[Ga-koro, East Fishery District(Talli)]
Talli didn’t take long to find the pier—it was an old fisherman’s haunt that Nahlu used to brood around, back when he was in his brooding stage.

She spread out the leaf with the other food and took a seat at the edge of the pier, legs dangling over. She finally took a bite of her stew—speaking to Timak through a mouthful.  “You really howfu no ida about where you came from? — mmmph”

OOC: @Rahisaurus @Onaku

• Like 2

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: Daijuno | The Great Takea

I pulled out a Karzahni match and struck it on the bottom of my boot, using it to light my cigar. I took a long drag on it, taking some time to reflect on what this royal attendant had just told me, as well as to do a double-take at the sight of the one, the only, Plangori Shuuan -- she must have come over with the Umbralines, which is hilarious. Word on the street has always been that she has about as much tact as me.

"You're putting words in my mouth, ma'am," I said, holding the cigar languidly between two fingers, pretending to watch the smoke rise from its tip to give off the much-needed air of nonchalance that royals are so good at. "I never said that what happened back in Kentoku wasn't a tragedy. Although I will say that I and the rest of 'hoko there probably had about as much of being 'murdered indiscriminately,' as you say, by the Chaotic Six as we did by a menti like yourself whom we happened to inconvenience one day.

"What I actually said," I continued, leaning in now and looking this royal ###### spittoon-cleaner dead in the eyes, "was that you and your little entourage and your little empress don't get to come here and tell everyone how to do their jobs. Everyone here was getting along just fine before you and I showed up, and if we all died tomorrow, they'd keep on getting along just fine. I mean, really -- when you really think about it -- you, and the rora, and all the royals here are just ... extraneous at this point. Like a barnacle or a... er, someone remind me, what's the old term for 'parasite'? 'Saihoko,' isn't it?"

Siiip.

"That is good ###### ale."

OOC: @Mel @Umbraline Yumiwa 

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

I couldn’t contain a little chuckle as Dastana Daijuno absolutely eviscerated the Empress’s confidant.   I couldn’t have managed half the venom in her voice if I’d plucked little Feenie’s worst prejudices and fears out of her head myself.

If this was the way Mata-Nui changed people, than maybe I finally had something to look forward to, once I figured out a way to be more than a parasite. (Look, I’m being honest here, unlike some people.)

I had joked about heads rolling tonight, but it seemed like a little bit of violence might be going to depending on how the handy-maiden reacted.   I straightened a little in my seat.  Dastana Daijuno was awesome, and for the first time in my life I felt that urge to protect the populace or whatever that Yukie always went on about.

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Void Emissary

• Like 2

[BZPRPG Profiles]

56 minutes ago, Void Emissary said:

IC Zafin | Great Takea

I’m not a diplomat,” Zafin said without missing a beat, “and I won’t pretend to be, so I’ll tell you what I think: You’re dam right.

She took another long gulp of her ale, swallowing nearly another half of the pint before setting it down on the bartop.

You are angry at a society that has not been kind. Saihoko have died at the hands of nobles of lesser pedigree than my own. I do not defend their deaths, but Zataka’s left tit I will defend the right for you to be angry about them. What is called justice is not always right, and meaningless death is never right, whether it’s done by outsider killers or the Menti warriors in your company.

True: The office of Rora is an institutional relic that serves less and less utility with each generation. The Crown is an effigy of society, a cross upon which you can either idolize or crucify, and while you don’t need a rora to tell you how to live your life the irony is that you can’t live without it, because you are angry. Frick, I'm angry. We have a primal need to direct our rage at something—because you just know Zuto Nui isn’t saving you. Yumiwa isn’t saving you. The Menti aren’t saving you. We fight for our lives and save ourselves, always have."

She downed the rest of her ale. “So take your anger out on my clan, on your Rora; it’s what she’s here for so go on, use her. Yumiwa doesn’t care how you live your life or will tell you how to exist, she only wants you to exist, and if she didn’t care, then all Dasaka would have perished on the home turf they stood on in the name of tradition and honor. This isn't the same Dasaka Empire anymore.

• Like 1

IC: Zadred - Ga-Koro, East Fishery District

Sitting down with Talli and Timak to enjoy more of their meal, Zadred was finishing the broth in her bowl when the matoran spoke up, prompting her to look up. "Oh, um, best not to talk with your mouth full I've found." She said in a very respectful and even apologetic tone.

@Mel@Rahisaurus

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:28 AM, Geardirector said:

IC: Vilda Mako (Tidalpool)

"Zuto Nui and Zataka. It's who we pay our respects to when things go well, and get mad at when they don't, respectively" I responded with a hint of a smirk.

"We believe they're two sides of the same drago-err... widget? Either way, they're both necessary, you can't have one without the other, is the idea"

On 10/13/2021 at 10:09 PM, Mel said:

IC: [Ga-koro, Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
Pradhai watched Cephala intently—she was experienced enough both as a willhammer and as a person to know there was something the stone Datsue wasn’t saying.

“Do you have similar religious ?  I’ve heard your great spirit shares the name of this island, do you believe he dwells beneath it?”

IC: Cephala (Tidalpool Inn)

"That's... not an easy question to answer."

Cephala bit her lip, looking pensive.  Then, after a moment, she sighed and lifted one of her bags- the special bag- to the table.  "I know not where Mata Nui slumbers," she said as she emptied its contents on the table: a multitude of colored pebbles, six rocks roughly the size of her thumb, a smooth white stone with vaguely face-like markings, a jagged black shard of volcanic glass.  "Be he in the skies, or beneath the tunnels of Mangaia, or somewhere beyond time and space itself, in the place where legends are born and die.  But I know this for certain: Makuta will never, ever let us reach him."

The Po-Turaga gazed up at her companions from beneath a heavy brow.  "And Makuta is here; that much, I know for certain.  When the original settlers of this island fled here eleven hundred years ago, Makuta followed.  He declared war on them for daring to worship his brother Mata Nui, he who made the stars shine and the winds blow, and that war continues to this day."

OOC: @Geardirector @Mel

• Like 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

On 10/11/2021 at 8:33 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

"I've had local sake and bubble tea so far and look forward to experiencing Mata Nui cuisine as well soon enough. Not hungry right now, but soon. What differences have you uncovered between our cultures, clan-cousin?" I asked. 

With me seemingly now preoccupied by Arisaka, Nale looked to Lekua and raised an eyebrow. “You had tea together? That’s not a euphemism for anything, is it?”

Lekua winked back. “Don’t worry about it.”

They thought I was too distracted to pay them heed, but not enough to disconnect entirely. "Um, yeah, no..." I gasped in horror between glances back at Arisaka. "Just tea."

IC: Arisaka - Ga-koro - Great Takea -

Arisaka sat down, it didn't seem appropriate to keep standing there if she was going to have an actual conversation with her Rora, much less anyone else. "Honestly? There are so many differences that it's what isn't different that stands out more. I'm sure you've noticed how similar we Dasaka are to their Toa in a physical sense. Same with Dashi to Matoran, and Datsue to Turaga. Though one thing I've really noticed that's different is they have a lot more men than we do. The sexes seem to be fairly even on this island...before we showed up at any rate."

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, Yukanna]

She’d taken the time to tour the ship to get properly reacquainted before settling into her cabin.The commodore had found her home away from home in a mess - by her standards. But considering the long voyage and exodus that had led to it, it was perfectly understandable. And so she merely added it to the ever-growing list of tasks that needed doing once their people had all safely arrived. The sun had already passed its zenith by the time Ayiwah had pulled out the logbooks and started the task of updating them with the information Yumiwa had requested.

The following hours were spent in silence behind her desk, pouring over the logs and lists of names and mentally checking in with the other commanding officers aboard the other vessels and in the shelters ashore. Her elation at being back aboard her ship was soon pushed back down by the somber reality of the task at hand, as she marked the names of those that had died during the evacuation or afterwards, as well as those missing. As she’d reached the end of the list, she had recognized many names. Other officers and Menti warriors that she’d trained with, but also regular staff from the Sado yards: custodians, cooks, cleaners. Hopefully they would be able to honor them all properly in time.

Ayiwah had leaned back in her chair, closed her eyes and stretched her arms overhead, when the sudden call came. .:Commodore to the bridge! We’ve got an unknown incoming! It looks like a...dragon?:.

She quickly thought back an affirmative, already rushing out of the cabin, coat billowing out behind her as she moved topside. She hadn’t bothered asking for more information. If they had enough to request a course of action without her seeing whatever was heading for them, they would have told her. Besides, she was more than curious what kind of dragon they thought they were seeing. On deck, the sailors were already prepared at their stations, ready to respond to potential hostile action the instant she gave the word. And all of them were staring in one direction. Following their gaze, she quickly spotted the golden flying being circling the harbor in a wide arc, glinting in the light of the setting sun.

It looked like a dragon alright.  But not like the living ones they all knew from back home. No, this one resembled ancient Umbraline iconography, of all things. Ayiwah remembered the drawings from her younger days, stuck in - at the time - endlessly boring history lessons, while itching to get back to the yards to continue her soulsword training and wondering when she would ever need to remember some dusty old drawing or tapestry design.

She retroactively apologized to her teachers as the dragon suddenly dove. Dashi and Menti alike rushed to the railing, peering down into the water to follow the creature’s dive underneath the Yukanna’s keels, before reemerging on the opposite side and pulling themselves onto the pier. One thing that stood out to Ayiwah immediately was that the way the being moved was not that of an animal. The fact that they carried a spear in one of their claws only supported that observation. But the real kicker was when they opened their jaws to speak.

"Dasaka, I request an audience with you."

Oh, Yumi is gonna love this…

The commodore stepped forward, appearing at the top of the gangway, looking down at the dragon. The fact that they knew who - or rather, what - the Dasaka were didn’t bother her too much, they had been on the island long enough for word to spread and for others to recognize them. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to be a little cautious.

“Greetings, stranger.” she addressed the newcomer. “I am commodore Ayiwah. If you wish to talk, I’d be happy to. But you seem to have us at a slight disadvantage. We’ve not seen anyone like you before on this island, nor have the Matoran made mention of your kind. Who are you?”

OOC: @Pteronura Brasiliensis

IC: [Rhow - Ga-Koro, The Great Takea]

While taking Zafin’s mug for a refill, Rhow looked at Daijuno and harrumphed. Note to self: Don’t mess with the little ones, especially not that one. All this talk about society and caste went somewhat over her head. But at least they were honest in airing out their grievances. That was healthy. Maybe she should talk to Iraanus about adding a sarke pit to the place - give people a way to settle differences...wait...what was sarke?

“Well, looks like your empress over there has her work cut out for her, no matter what.” was her comment on the situation.

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa@Void Emissary

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I took another long draught of ale, which might have been a mistake, considering that I had skipped breakfast and lunch to get down to the beach this morning. But, hey, I figured that my mouth couldn't get me into more trouble drunk than it could while sober.

"Now that's something we can agree on, Rhow," I said. "Because you're right, lady -- this isn't the same Empire. Here -- now -- the law cuts the same for you and for me. No royal exemption, no special dispensation, no rounding up of dissidents to dump off the side of the Yukanna in the dead of night. So you're angry with the Empire, with our dear, sweet little empress?"

I set my pint down on the countertop, sliding it over to Rhow, along with enough widgets for me and the attendant.

"What are you planning to do about it?"

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Vezok's Friend @Mel

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Timak, Ga-Koro Fishery District

On 10/15/2021 at 2:59 AM, Mel said:

“You really howfu no ida about where you came from? — mmmph”

Timak thinks about this for a moment while chewing on a chunk of fish. "Well" - picking out a stray fish bone and flicking it into the water - "I suppose I must have come from overseas, given that I arrived here in a canister, but I can't make out any memories of the places I've been.. or even... even any people I might have known." 
They tipped the half-full bowl of stew from side to side, watching it move about, but really their mind was very far away. "It's hazy but... I was by the sea. I remember finding that canister somehow... and in that moment, in my head, the only correct thing to do was to get into it. I think the Great Spirit wanted me to. The canister was ...bigger then ..." - they look at their hand holding the bowl, seeing how it fits more easily into one palm compared to Talli's - "or, was I smaller?"

The tall Toa sits incredibly still beside Talli, staring out to sea, the stew forgotten.

"How can that be? Did I become a Toa... inside the canister?", they mutter, raising a hand to their face and feeling for the first time the unfamiliar shape of their mask, more angular than their blurred memory of it... ".. Why? Mata Nui... what did you send me here for?"

They stand slowly, having enough presence of mind to place the stew carefully on the pier beside them. They look upon the Ga-Matoran with a new sense of recognition. A deep breath, eyes fixed on her face... and Timak's mask begins to glow brightly. The shapes of their limbs and armor become indistinct, shimmering like the waves beneath them. Their mask itself shifts, softening, as their entire body appears to shrink to the height of a Matoran, silver armor giving way to gray and black. Their buried memory resurfacing and revealing itself through the Toa's mask power.

Standing before Talli now is the image of a De-Matoran, their gray Noble Mahiki painted in an expression of relaxed thoughtfulness. Timak opens their eyes, smiling a little as they look down at their body. "Yes, this is who I ... was. How could I have forgotten?"

ooc: @Mel

• Like 1

IC: Zimixes | Ga-Wahi Ocean

Golden sun reflecting off crisp blue waves... BBbrrrrrwrwrrrrr... The Lily slowed into a stop. Surrounded by nothing‚ Zimixes was home.  The Bo-Toa unwove his net then tossed it over the boat's side. Then he laid back on the deck. It was waitin' time.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Talli’s grip on her bowl got steadily tighter as Timak’s story continued.  She knew, knew there were toa here with entire histories that they remembered—knew it was an effect of the journey, not the method, but it didn’t tame the irrational panic that reared in her stomach subside—her hands shook, causing the stew to shake back and forth and she tried to breath in and out and in—-How could they just walk into a canister like that?  How?  What kind of faith or idiocy or—

Hot stew splashed on her hand.

“#### #### #### ###!”

It was grounding, to spit out the swear words.  She looked at Timak, who’s face was still disconcertingly level with hers.

“Everyone forgets, who comes here from somewhere else.  Toa, skakdi, matoran, doesn’t matter.  No one knows why.”
The stone in her pack burned at the edge of her vision, inert.

OOC: @Rahisaurus

Dastana Daijuno was truly a poet, a commander of rhetoric that could go toe to toe with the old masters.   And probably tell them to eat it.   I would have taunted Zafin about how original her beloved empresses idea of running away was, but the Saihoko’s to the point interrogation of her motivations was a far superior technic.

I watched, intent, hoping to learn from a master.

OOC: @Void Emissary @Umbraline Yumiwa @Snelly

Edited by Mel
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: Timak, Ga-Koro East Fishery District

16 hours ago, Mel said:

“#### #### #### ###!” It was grounding, to spit out the swear words.  She looked at Timak, who’s face was still disconcertingly level with hers.

“Everyone forgets, who comes here from somewhere else.  Toa, skakdi, matoran, doesn’t matter.  No one knows why.”

Surprised by the sudden outburst, Timak takes a step back, concerned. "Are you alright? Did you burn your hand...or, did I say something...?"

Seeing the look on her face, they come to a decision without waiting for an answer. "I should change back. This is obviously stressing you out." And with another few seconds of mask-glowing, the Toa was back to their normal height and appearance.

"Well, I know one thing. I'm not a real Toa yet. I'm just a tall gray matoran without a clue what they're here for." They sit back down, and finish off the last few mouthfuls of their soup, thinking. "I want to talk with someone in charge.. maybe they can give me something useful to do."

ooc: @Mel

IC: [Ga-koro, The Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
 “An eternal war, is it?   What is supposed to be the outcome, I wonder?”
Pradhai studied the stones, following the plays of light and shadow across them.

“You’ll have to forgive me if I prefer the idea of balance, though with what happened to our islands perhaps you have the right of it.”
OOC:  @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Geardirector
Talli set her bowl down.   “Nah, you didn’t saying anything wrong I’m…just, messed up…in the head.”

1 hour ago, Rahisaurus said:

"Well, I know one thing. I'm not a real Toa yet. I'm just a tall gray matoran without a clue what they're here for." They sit back down, and finish off the last few mouthfuls of their soup, thinking. "I want to talk with someone in charge.. maybe they can give me something useful to do."

The Toa’s insecurity was comforting, almost. She pushed the yucca bread towards them.  “You could talk to the Akiri, that’s where Leah Maru and Kimala were going. There’s also the marines—that’s the military organization here, they’ll definitely have something for you to do, at least.”

“Maybe you were meant to go somewhere else?  Most de-matoran here head up to Ko.  ’S quieter there.”

• Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro

There was an audible pop in his joints as he swung his head over to gaze at the other Matoran as he prattled on about-

Riches?

Legends?

Debts???

“None of these things matter to me.” Stepping back, the Skakdi gesticulated with his organic arm in grandiose presentation of his body and visage.

“Do I look like one who pines for material wealth? Or glory, honour, rrrrrecognition?! Nay, none of these will satisfy. I seek-” he spun violently on his heel, now facing away from the two Matoran, “-but one indulgence: death! ...of another!He whipped around again, loping forward with his shoulders hunched, and once more coming too close to the two assembled half-pints for comfort. 

This last statement he bellowed to the heavens, tight fists raised and quivering in front of his chest: “I thirst for blood! For vengeance!

He held his pose for but a moment, before relaxing, closing his eyes, taking a breath.

“Hmm.”

I could actually go for a filet-o-fish right about now not gonna lie.

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK

Oh, brother.

“Respectable! I respect a man who rejects monetary gain in favor of the little things in life.” Surdo cleared his throat. Hopefully that had come off as believable—what nimrod would pass up a chance for money in the pursuit of something far less tangible? “What if, rather than offering you money, I gave you an offer of helping you find this person you seek?”

Surdo stroked the head of his cane and smiled in that same, ingenuine way.  He could always use a bit of muscle by his side, especially if he ended up going along with whatever scheme Quoribay was trying to rope both of them into. But if Baszlin didn't want money, then he had to somehow convince the Skakdi he could help him get his revenge. “But first, there’s something important I need to do.”

He turned to Quoribay.

“I’d like to have a discussion with you in private. A dark alleyway will do,” Surdo said, pointing to a space between two leaf-huts.

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

On 10/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, Snelly said:

IC: Arisaka - Ga-koro - Great Takea -

Arisaka sat down, it didn't seem appropriate to keep standing there if she was going to have an actual conversation with her Rora, much less anyone else. "Honestly? There are so many differences that it's what isn't different that stands out more. I'm sure you've noticed how similar we Dasaka are to their Toa in a physical sense. Same with Dashi to Matoran, and Datsue to Turaga. Though one thing I've really noticed that's different is they have a lot more men than we do. The sexes seem to be fairly even on this island...before we showed up at any rate."

IC Yumiwa | Great Takea

"Men," I said with a little bit of awe. "Perhaps there is something for me in this land as well! Most of our men I know have left... well, much to be desired."

I inclined my head, hearing someone send a message to me, a Hogo code to come back to base. "Sorry, Arisaka, I must leave on this note but I am so happy to see you are well. After we build our new home, come visit for tea sometime—I insist!

"Zafin, hey! We're headed back!"

IC Zafin | Great Takea

"I'll be along in a moment, my lady!" she hollered back to the rora then looked back to Daijuno.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:26 PM, Void Emissary said:

"[Y]ou're right, lady -- this isn't the same Empire. Here -- now -- the law cuts the same for you and for me. No royal exemption, no special dispensation, no rounding up of dissidents to dump off the side of the Yukanna in the dead of night. So you're angry with the Empire, with our dear, sweet little empress? [...] What are you planning to do about it?"

Zafin was angry, but her rage was not directed at Yumiwa like the rest of the populace was ought to do. She did not have the same juvenile necessity to pin her depression on a figurehead since she understood the problem was far greater than, and her proximity to the empress meant that she was in a position to help influence policies since she understood the issue was with the Dasaka society and not with the ruler herself. That was an awareness Daijuno, for all her erudite skills, did not comprehend as her philosophy was one of anger and survival, not privilege and theorization, which meant the Umbraline lady could not petition such a side of Daijuno's mentality.

I am trying to do much to help you and the other subjects by keeping Her Majesty's company, Zafin seethed inside her mind, though could not bring herself to say it aloud since she understood it would fall to easily incensed ears in the bar and be read as callous lording over saihoko survivalism. Zafin was not a savior just like Yumiwa was no messiah, she was a cog in a machine like everyone else, a tool being put to use. Instead, she toyed with her skirt's hem while she thought a moment, until Rora Yumiwa stepped back outside the restaurant. There was no way to be out of the rora's keen mind's ear, but at least she could be assured that Yumi wouldn't hear her words outright in the public's opinion. 

"Like most things, it's not that simple," she said, then folded her hands at her lap. "My anger is at the past, at the sins my own clan has fomented, but not the figurehead. Yumi's not without fault—I know this and so does she—but I don't blame her. I don't need to. What I can do is help her govern for all the Dasaka and not the elite classes. Both Yumi and her sister don't want to do things the way they always have been. And so long as she wears the crown and can hold a steady hand on the reins of government I think there's still some hope for meaningful, systemic change.

"You'll notice, of course, there have been no beheadings. The wars of assassins, disappearances of opposition leaders, and even Menti priviledges have been carefully uprooted and set aside like fouling plants in a garden. It's a different empire and it's a different rora. Yusanora took many of the old ways with her to the grave and there isn't a single saihoko who would have expected to find her walking among the citizenry when she still walked at all. And that's the truth."

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 8:34 PM, Tarn said:

“Respectable! I respect a man who rejects monetary gain in favor of the little things in life. What if, rather than offering you money, I gave you an offer of helping you find this person you seek?”

“But first, there’s something important I need to do.”

“I’d like to have a discussion with you in private. A dark alleyway will do,” Surdo said, pointing to a space between two leaf-huts.

Now, while I would have preferred to meet with Surdo in an open space with the security of having witnesses (The good kind of witnesses - see, those with smoother cognition centers than I wouldn't appreciate that level of nuance, so there's a lesson for you) but ol' Baz was uh... yeah...

Given the circumstances of the psycho skak, I conceded. An olive branch.

So, with none the wiser to our rendezvous inside the slightly-shaded maintenance valley of two goofy ga-koronan salad huts, I cautiously attempted to hear Surdo out.

"You here to fill me in here on this guy's deal?"

IC: Zimixes | Ga-Wahi Ocean

The Toa rose from his rest to check his nets. A few fish had been snared yet not enough to haul it in. He stood idly‚ observing the life below.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Daijuno | The Great Takea

"Hm, can't say I'd noticed," I said, vaguely looking around the bar. "But then, I have been away for a while."

Taking another drag on my cigar, I couldn't help but let my gaze linger on the Rora herself. I hadn't seen her in-person since she was the Chojo -- since, in fact, the evening that she had become the rora -- and in-person, I could see where this Zafin was coming from. At a glance, she looked as friendly as any Menti could, and there was certainly a sort of magnetism about her, a charm that pulled you into her orbit with as much skill as a Mindarm in the Yards. Her eyes twinkled with a certain amusement at the world, as though she could see something beautiful in it that everyone else missed.*

Then again: that's easy to do when someone else is washing your underwear for you.

"Now, Zafin," I said, reaching into the pocket of my skirt and pulling out a thin piece of etched shale, "as much as I'm sure the two of us could go back and forth and back and forth for hours on end -- you've got places to go, and I've got places to be. But hey, if you -- or Goddess forfend, the Rora herself, or anyone in the royal party -- want to come over, break some bread, engage in some friendly philosophizing: here's my card. My offices are across the Tidalpool, which I'm afraid I can't in good faith recommend to you while our lovely Rhow is standing less than two feet away from me, so you'll have to try it for yourself."

*She's also ###### hot up close.

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel @Vezok's Friend

-Void

Edited by Void Emissary
CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THE PUNCHLINE TO THIS POST
  • Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Zafin | Great Takea

Is the Tidalpool the same as the Tidepool Inn?” she asked as she took the card and pocketed it in her skirt.

*Yes, her skirt had pockets

@Void Emissary

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa

IC: Surdo - Ga-Koro - Streets

“Not really,” Surdo admitted. “I’ve only known him for approximately—” he paused to quickly check a watch that wasn’t there, “—ten minutes. No, less than that.”

The Fe-Matoran tucked a hand away in his pocket, checking over his shoulder as if Bazslin was listening in. “And, to be honest, I don’t really know what his deal is either.” Revenge, that much he understood. Other than that, the man was an enigma, and seemed particularly unstable. “I just needed to be one-on-one with you.”

Surdo’s hand slid slowly from his pocket, revealing the shape of a brass knuckle over his fingers. He squeezed his hand around it. “This is about the offer you gave him. I want more details.” The Fe-Matoran’s cane clattered to the ground as his other hand searched for its own weapon. “Otherwise, I might just have to assume it’s all bunk and beat the widgets you owe me out of you.”

OOC: @BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Quoribay [Ga-Koro, Streets, Alley]

I never would have gotten in this situation if I couldn't take the sleazebag on matoran to matoran, fair and square, or slip away from him just as easily. But I wasn't just taking extra care to not attract attention by causing a scene or trying to stick around to get Bazzy to be the muscle any good swindle could take advantage of - I also knew that this would be a perfect opportunity to kill two taku with one madu and ensure I had one less loose end to deal with when I retired with my newly upgraded infamy level.

So, the threats of violence weren't scary. From this guy? Sad! Am I right?

Plus, a blade will beat a brass knuckle any day - it's like rock paper scissors. But if I had two scissors. Or... does two daggers equal one pair of - POINT IS, then I said:

"This score I've cased is literally classified, now ain't the time or the place. I'm on my way to pick up the crew I need first - I'll explain then."

"Patience gets rewarded."

“And I am nothing if not exceedingly so, Quoribay. I waited all day here for you, and here you are.”

The other hand now had a brass knuckle to match. At this point, Surdo was hoping the other Fe-Matoran would give him even the slightest excuse to use them. Even if—

“—I go with this, you still owe me. I want enough of this score to make up for your outstanding debt, and if I reach the end of this escapade and there’s nothing there?”

Surdo chuckled, then his expression darkened.

“I won’t be laughing.”

OOC: @BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Quoribay [Ga-Koro, Streets, Alley]

See what I told you about this guy being bad news? He really didn't want to cooperate, all because he couldn't live up to his own mistakes. I really needed to get rid of him somehow. There was a way where everyone walked out of this happy. Whaddaya think happened, then?

"Pfffffttt..."

I added in a mocking expression and a hand wave (with the hand that wasn't wrapped around the hilt of one of my sheathed dirks).

My negotiation skills are unmatched. As usual, I knew I had all the cards under my belt. Well, mostly.

"You have nothing. This score can't happen without me, and if you start raising Karzahni and stop it from going down, I guarantee you'll never get anything out of me."

"Besides-" a signature sly grin firing with the mechanically precise timing of Nuparu's finest patero. "Like I said, I can't tell you what it is because they've barely even coined a word for this contraption, that's how secret and high tech and secret tech it is. Catch my drift now?"

"So, if you want to work for a living on this score with me and my partner Illicia -" me, namedropping? "- for your substantial, yet fair cut, then fine. But:"

I snapped a finger gun at his chest, and any casual friendliness was gone faster than a Ta-Matoran in Ko-Koro.

"You try to pull anything, you get nothing. You go with this, and when it's over, I'm out. Long as you don't run off or make it go to Karz, you get your cut, any 'debts' are cleared, and I'm never seeing your face again, capiche?"

Edited by BULiK

IC: Baszlin - Lorem ipsum, Lorem ipsum 

A very characteristic “Hmm” emanated from the depths of his throat, as he contemplated the strange little Fe-Matoran’s offer.

“That sounds… reasonable. Very well, I-”

Another downward glance found empty space where there had previously been a pair of little orange and grey things. The Skakdi’s head swiveled this way and that in search of the duo, ultimately finding them in the shaded crevice nestled between two verdant, vegetative abodes. Turning the rest of his body to align with them, he fixed them with a stare that was utterly devoid of expression.

He was just standing there.

MENACINGLY.

• Like 2

IC: [Rhow - Ga-Koro, The Great Takea]

Rhow let out a single, deep, bellowing laugh that even startled some of the outside passerby.

“Hah! I like you!” She proclaimed, while proceeding to refill Daijuno’s drink, but she was looking at both Dasaka.

“You sure no one dropped the odd Skakdi part into your bins when they assembled you? You’ve got the spines for it!”

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Void Emissary

IC: [Leah - Ga-Koro]

The Maru stood over the lifeless Rahkshi, hands on her hips. Waiting patiently for the Akiri to notice. So much for making an entrance. Leah shot her fellow Toa a resigned glance. 

Any minute now, Hahli. No rush, just a dead Rahkshi on your floor, no biggie…you’ll seem even cooler if you ignore it. Like a boss.

OOC: @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl @ARROW404

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Surdo held his tongue. Quoribay made him want to say many things, most of them unkind, but he kept himself in check and on the outside he seemed cooperative. Another fake smile. Nodding as he listened. His grip around his brass knuckles tightening.

Advanced technology? This almost seemed like a score you couldn’t put a price on. But there had to be a chance for money here. The other Fe-Matoran made it sound like Surdo would want to cause problems, or futz up the score in some way that would make them both lose out on it. Contrary.

Surdo would find a way to make that score his, and leave this fool in the dust.

“Fine. I agree to it,” Surdo said. “I’d shake your hand, but…”

With that, he suddenly turned and left the alley, brass knuckles disappearing from sight and being replaced by an exaggerated hobble as he used his cane again. “Sorry for taking so long, Bazslin,” Surdo said to the Skakdi, shaking his head apologetically. “So, you will take my offer? Good!”

He raised a hand suddenly. “Ah, but one thing. I will help you find the man you seek, but in the meantime…you can see in my current state I am no fighter, and these Koros and the wilderness between them are fraught with danger.” Surdo briefly turned and gestured to the island itself. “Until we find your quarry, I ask one favor: act as my bodyguard as we travel. After all, how can I help you if I were to…perish?”

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Cephala (Tidalpool Inn)

Cephala snorted.  "Makuta doesn't care what you prefer," she said.  She closed her eyes and waved her hand, and slowly the obsidian effigy turned to glare at Pradhai.  "Serve or die.  Those are his terms.  Personally, I'd rather punch him in his smug face, but something tells me little old me wouldn't live to regret that- assuming he even has a face.  Maybe I should ask a Maru sometime..."

OOC: @Mel @Geardirector

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

2 hours ago, Tarn said:

“Fine. I agree to it,” Surdo said. “I’d shake your hand, but…”

With that, he suddenly turned and left the alley, brass knuckles disappearing from sight and being replaced by an exaggerated hobble as he used his cane again. “Sorry for taking so long, Bazslin,” Surdo said to the Skakdi, shaking his head apologetically. “So, you will take my offer? Good!”

He raised a hand suddenly. “Ah, but one thing. I will help you find the man you seek, but in the meantime…you can see in my current state I am no fighter, and these Koros and the wilderness between them are fraught with danger.” Surdo briefly turned and gestured to the island itself. “Until we find your quarry, I ask one favor: act as my bodyguard as we travel. After all, how can I help you if I were to…perish?”

Yeah, I didn't quite understand what he meant by that either. When Surdo decided to turn and depart so abruptly, I gave him a time and a place.

"Tomorrow. Obsidian outpost."

If he looked back, I was already gone.

See, by that point, I hadn't actually, ahem, told Illicia yet.

So I had to slip out of town and take the Ol' Fusa Path to visit the "jewel of the Mangai"...

OOC: Quoribay to Ta-Wahi.

Edited by BULiK

IC: [Ga-koro, The Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
Pradhai chuckled, “Oh I can tell, but I’m just saying that I’d rather believe in a balance between sisters who have different ways of seeing the world than two brothers who want each other dead, by all acounts—but ah, what do I know?”
“What’s a Maru?”

OOC: @Geardirector @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

For a moment, it seemed like Feenie would really be honest with some of the feelings she had, but the anger pinging from her and Daijuno quieted as the dashi learned to look at the Empress and…oh

Typical.

I suddenly felt tired, like I was coming down from too much drink.   Daijuno’s passion was exhilarating, but no matter what the great thinkers tell you, frustrated horniness really isn’t that much of a buzz.  (Unless you’re the target of it…and as fun as stringing Kulrikky dear along had been—where was he anyway?  You’d think Relisai would have shoved her precious baby on the first boat off the island.)

Luckily, the anecdote to too much feeling was sitting right in front of me…I just had to wheedle my way into some without any legal tender.

OOC: @Void Emissary @Vezok's Friend @Umbraline Yumiwa

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]