BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

13 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC: [Leah - Ga-Koro]

The Maru stood over the lifeless Rahkshi, hands on her hips. Waiting patiently for the Akiri to notice. So much for making an entrance. Leah shot her fellow Toa a resigned glance. 

Any minute now, Hahli. No rush, just a dead Rahkshi on your floor, no biggie…you’ll seem even cooler if you ignore it. Like a boss.

IC: Kimala

The Toa of Crystal sank slowly into resigned boredom as they waited, glancing about, tapping her foot, gripping the staff in various ways, and generally resisting the urge to swing it around.

Edited by ARROW404
  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

13 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

Rhow let out a single, deep, bellowing laugh that even startled some of the outside passerby. “Hah! I like you!” She proclaimed, while proceeding to refill Daijuno’s drink, but she was looking at both Dasaka.

“You sure no one dropped the odd Skakdi part into your bins when they assembled you? You’ve got the spines for it!”

IC Zafin | Great Takea

"I'll take a refill, too, please," Zafin said politely and pushed her emptied flagon across the bar, retracting it back when the ale's head peaked masterfully over the rim, a wave of seafoam flooding precipitously to the edge, never crashing over the barrier but slowly retracting back into the sea that it came from until the foam and fluid evened out just a hair below the lip. Pouring ale so precisely took skill, or at least muscle memory learned from practice, and such simple mastery pleased the Umbraline lady. She nodded her thanks to Rhow.

Daijuno seemed to be lost in thought, perhaps finished speaking after offering his invitation to discuss philosophy of state. Yumiwa was sure to take the offer up, Zafin opined; she could not afford to miss the opportunity to mend matters and bridge gaps, and she was not one to miss the opportunity to deviate from the paths of her mothers. Instead it was Shuuan who sidled up nearby. She looked exhausted, the way someone looks when they are coming off of a high and left bereft of dopamine for the first time in a while. The show was winding to a close and there was nothing to turn attention to but inward, and that probably felt nauseating. Zafin knew that feeling well, that empty pit that gnaws at your heart and doesn't let up its hunger because the hunger is yours and yours alone. Nobody else can see the pit, and if they claim to it's not the same pit, just an allegorically parallel one of their own making, but they can see the effect of the pit on you, a veritable vortex of gravitic power pulling you into its maw. It's a dreadful thing, that pit, inescapable except by way of further distractions—the very same things that brought you to it in the first place that serve as the only form of escape left. She could not understand Shuuan's pit, or discern what its nature was, but she could see that Shuuan yearned for a distraction. 

There was a pit she stared at as well, even right then, and she warily played with the flagon's handle for an instant. The foam had rescinded to nothing and the ale was still, only rippled by the tiny bubbles of carbonation that licked the surface from within. She could use the distraction, too. With a single gulp she could show the Dasaka and Skakdi in the tavern one of the reasons why Umbraline Zafin was given crude monikers like "Deep Throated" by her peers in Oki's schools. Alternatively, she could demonstrate a reason why she was never selected for the diplomatic corps, though she could wager the feat would probably work differently in present company. But no. There was someone who needed distraction more than she did.

She passed the flagon to Shuuan before walking out of the tavern. Her lips were straight but she gave a wink as she left. "Until later, Plangori. Dastana."

@Void Emissary @Vezok's Friend @Mel

• Like 1

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro

As the other Matoran slipped away out of sight, the Skakdi’s attention returned to Surdo. Before he could say anything (even though he wasn’t going to), the Fe-Matoran countered with his conditions for assistance.

“I don’t believe you’re quite as helpless as you make yourself out to be-” he gestured pointedly at the Matoran’s pocket, “...but I can see that the limp is, indeed, real.”

The pain of half-remembered battles past crept up his own leg to accompany the fractured memories. 

“I accept.”

IC: Daijuno | The Great Takea

"Zataka works in mysterious ways, Rhow," I replied, bringing the full-again mug up to my lips. "It's entirely possible."

In hindsight, it was probably best that the attendant made her quick escape while I distracted -- I knew myself well-enough to know how I'd respond to a question like hers -- but I was still just a little stung. After all, I'm a big fan of getting the last word in on a conversation.

"Plangori Shuuan, right?" I said, leaning over to the remaining Dasaka. "You were at Yusanora's, er ... last ball, weren't you?"

OOC: @Mel @Vezok's Friend

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

[IC: Timak, East Ga-Koro Fishery District]
Timak takes the yucca bread gratefully, smiling. "I hope I didn't make a nuisance of myself. I'm really grateful for you introducing me to this village in such a meaningful way."

They think for a moment, taking a bite of the bread and chewing slowly. "Ko..? I'm guessing that's Ko-Koro, like Ga-Koro? It sounds nice, but on balance, I think I'll go meet up with Leah Maru and Kimala at the Akiri's hut since I'm already right here. The Akiri is the boss here, right? I would hope they might be pleased to hear of a new Toa in their town, even if I'm pretty much a blank slate at the moment... but then again, maybe that's a good thing."

"It's that way, right?" - Timak gestures vaguely with the bread,  back in the direction they came, secretly hoping for more than a 'yes' to help them on their way.

ooc: @Mel

On 10/12/2021 at 1:57 AM, ~Xemnas~ said:

Eita chuckled a little at Lekua and the Rora's words. "...what were we talking about again?" he asked aloud. "We were comparing our deities... oh, right, I remember now. So, Lekua, what were you doing in the Archipelago? And how did you get there in the first place?"

IC: Lekua, Great Takea

“Right, right, Nale was telling you about Makuta. Which, you know, you got the basics down, but there’s a bit more that’s relevant to the story. Supposedly.” He was warming back up now. “So as best I can tell, the biggest difference between Makuta and Zataka is that Makuta’s cultists get off on slaughtering, terrorizing, and enslaving innocents, but it seems like Zataka’s cultists mostly just want her to step on them. That sound about right?”

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Tarn @TL01 NUVA

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Rudra, Ga-Koro Streets

Fun thing about visiting dignitaries was that they drew themselves a good bit of attention.

Fun thing about landing refugees was that they drew themselves whole HEAPS of attention. And confusion. Confusion was big. Inside confusion little details get lost— a face here, an outfit there, a name or phrase or bundle of widgets in a pocket...

"Hey— Didn't I have four of the— Ma'am! You've gotta pay for that! SOMEONE CALL THE MARINES!"

Maybe not a ripe fruit from a street stall. Shame, he was certain the Le-Matoran running things was too busy gawking at all the new and sparkly ladies that were running around. They'd commanded a lot of the attention this morning, and a whole congregation of them had seemed to flood the Great Takea as they'd exited their big sparkling ship (Yuca-something-or-other was what he'd caught it getting called), enough to clog up seating and take out any room for a meal. Oh well.

Stumpy little legs couldn't keep up for terribly long when faced with a Skakdi's stride, and the crimson brute quickly ducked into a dim back alley. Anyone giving chase would have just enough time to see her grinning face (which kind of looked like one of the aforementioned establishment's chefs, come to think of it) check back over her shoulder before diving into another corner and presumably out into an adjacent street—

Yet all that perpendicular alley produced was a Vo-Toa, hands in the pockets of his jacket and what looked like a Hau on his face.

That's the meal settled.

He'd gotten fairly good at simple shenanigans like that a while ago. Turning into a holding pattern... Was getting pretty boring, honestly. Sure, it put a nice bula in his belly and sometimes some widgets in his wallet, but it was beginning to feel like going nowhere fast, all over again. Didn't want nothin' to do with that action. Did it once, wasn't for him— he needed to up the ante. 

A local smith had some nice looking swords up on his racks just the other day, Rudra remembered. He wondered what one of those might go for—

And what he could do to grab one for himself.

Taking a bite of the sweet flesh he'd pilfered, he mulled over it as a Marine ran past, searching for a big red thief. Helpfully, he pointed down the alley he'd come, saying he'd been nearly knocked over by someone shoulder-checking him on his way out.

Maybe one of the new and sparkly ladies were worth gawking at, though. Crystal trinkets definitely were worth a nice little stack... And it wasn't like they knew Mata Nui too well yet, either. Somethin' to that idea.

Options, options.

Edited by Razgriz
  • Like 2

helo frens

IC: [Ga-Koro, The Great Takea(Shuuan)]

Of all the emotions swirling off Zafin, none was as inscrutable as that wink.   Did she think it was appropriate, after essentially giving me her sloppy seconds?

Ah well, free ale.  And Daijuno was talking to me.  About that party.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, Void Emissary said:

"You were at Yusanora's, er ... last ball, weren't you?"

“Ah…yeah I was.”   I took a gulp of the beer.   It was pretty good, but more importantly it made the emotional tension of the room fuzzy around the edges.   Mmmmm.  “If this is about what happened with the twins—they shouldn’t take what I said personally.  I certainly di—”

5 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

“Who or what in blazes is Zataka?” 

I looked up to the blue…what was it?  Skadi?  And raised an eyebrow at Daijuno.   “Do you want to tell her, or should I?”

• Like 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Surdo - Ga-Koro - Streets

Surdo smiled.

“Good. And you’re observant, too,” he said, patting the pocket that held one of his brass knuckles. “You’ll do just fine.”

Obsidian Outpost, then. Surdo wasn’t much of a fan of Ko-Wahi and its colder climate, but he’d make the exception for this score. Just thinking about it made him feel the bitter chill go up his spine. Bah.

“My friend who was here just now,” the Fe-Matoran began, saying the word ‘friend’ in the context of Quoribay like it was hard to get it past his lips, “has something special going on that I would like to be a part of. He’s given me a time, and a place to be, and you’ll be accompanying me there. Once this is done with, I will do everything in my power to find the man you seek.”

He double-checked over his shoulder that Quoribay had indeed left, having disappeared from the crowds of the Koro.

“But I don’t trust my friend,” Surdo continued. “And he doesn’t trust me. No, he trusts me far less. Now, with that being said…”

The Fe-Matoran’s smile widened. It was the most genuine he had been that entire day.

“…can I count on you to help me with this if things don’t go my way?”

OOC: @Perp

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Eita: Ga-Koro

"Well, I don't know about Zataka's followers being cultists, but yes, I think that's a fair assessment," Eita replied. "Sounds like your Makuta's followers want to cause trouble for the sake of it. At least back home uprisings have a purpose. Even the current civil war."

OOC: @BBBBalta @TL01 NUVA @Tarn and whoever else i'm forgetting lol

IC: Rudra, Ga-Koro Streets

Ffffffwhat.

The Vo-Toa spat out his last remnants of fruit as an honest-to-Mata-Nui dragon came swooping down from the skies, diving into the drink and making a big old show of swimming below the boats and to the nearby pier before demanding audience with the newcomers. This drew the attention, naturally, of whole heaps of crowds of people. Rudra was one of them, filled to the brim with thoughts of his own on this development as it played out. Firstly, who the karz thought it was okay for mythological beasts to start walking, talking, and carrying spears? They were scary enough without civilized brains, and this was coming from an animal lover—

And secondly, the tall, slender woman who'd rushed out to the prow to confront this thing on that giant ship was a Commodore. It had certainly gotten its audience.

"Commodore Ayiwah", was the name. Pronounced AYE-WAH. Maybe AYE-WUH if you slurred it. But probably AYE-Wah. Capitalizing was likely a little unnecessary, plus he hated yelling.

But he'd seen that Commodore before! The first day the aliens had landed, like two months ago or something— she was one of the ones who'd come out of that much smaller boat that sat really low on the water. He'd even heard it could dip under the waves— that it had risen out of them like a hunting Tarakava on its initial approach. What kind of crazy tech did that even take?

...Buncha people'd want it, right? Onu-Wahi was full of tech dudes, Po-Koro'd gotten themselves a navy (however THAT worked, rocks all sink and there certainly wasn't anything else in their heads), Ko had gotten new leadership who could use it...

Her focus was on the dragon talking at her.

Rudra's focus was on her. Her face. Her gait. Her cadence. He had an idea.

If she was on the Yucca-whatever, then that'd have definitely been a bust. He'd been eyeing it up before all this like a side of fatty meat, anything that big and shiny and full of people taking their old home to a new world with them was bound to be full of treasures untold— but when that dragon landed, alert naturally would have had to be super high over there. That ship was buzzing like a Ga-Koro Marine in front of a strawberry daquiri now, and with a dignitary of such high status there, anyone remotely close to the gangplank was probably toast.

But if she was there, then that naturally meant she wasn't elsewhere.

Like that little shark-looking submarine.

But she could be. She was also definitely allowed to be many places where a random Vo-Toa wasn't.

Where in the docks did they stick that little guy, again? It was pretty close, naturally, but he was also sure port traffic had put a few native caravels between the two.

Let's go hunting.

He began to walk, as three eager and amazed bystanders filled his wake to get a closer look at Imperial Dragon vs Literal Actual Dragon.

Edited by Razgriz
was not racist enough against Po-Matoran
  • Like 4

helo frens

I raised an eyebrow at the mention of the twins -- to be quite honest, my memory of that night was a blur, but there was no need to let on about that just yet, if I could pry some juicy gossip out of Shuuan first.

"Zataka's one of our goddesses," I told Rhow, taking a more measured sip of my drink -- I still hadn't eaten any breakfast, and the room was starting to spin. "The ... the bad one, I suppose. Which makes her the sexy one too, if you get my meaning. She's the sister of the Imperial goddess, Zuto Nui. But you get your knuckles slapped by your ma if you take the good sister's name in vain, sooooo...."

OOC: @Mel @Vezok's Friend

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro 

He carefully considered the words the Matoran spoke, finding them both amusing and disheartening simultaneously. Somewhere deep within him, those words had struck a chord; how often does one have to watch their back to ensure one’s friend is not shoving a knife into it? 

“Trust doesn’t come easy to me any longer,” he mused, reminiscing about a half-remembered time in his life where he was whole and unscarred, “so I find your philosophy sound. Trust nobody. Except me, of course.”

He extended his left arm, inspecting the crude craftsmanship of the prosthetic, and marvelling at how it remained functional despite its poor quality. “Things tend not to go my way very often - I understand your plight, and will guard you if you remain true to your word.”

It’s not like this Matoran was capable of getting a firm backstab in anyway. Or was he? If the Skakdi was asleep…

Hmm, make sure not to do that, then. Sleep.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 10:43 AM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, Yukanna]

She’d taken the time to tour the ship to get properly reacquainted before settling into her cabin.The commodore had found her home away from home in a mess - by her standards. But considering the long voyage and exodus that had led to it, it was perfectly understandable. And so she merely added it to the ever-growing list of tasks that needed doing once their people had all safely arrived. The sun had already passed its zenith by the time Ayiwah had pulled out the logbooks and started the task of updating them with the information Yumiwa had requested.

The following hours were spent in silence behind her desk, pouring over the logs and lists of names and mentally checking in with the other commanding officers aboard the other vessels and in the shelters ashore. Her elation at being back aboard her ship was soon pushed back down by the somber reality of the task at hand, as she marked the names of those that had died during the evacuation or afterwards, as well as those missing. As she’d reached the end of the list, she had recognized many names. Other officers and Menti warriors that she’d trained with, but also regular staff from the Sado yards: custodians, cooks, cleaners. Hopefully they would be able to honor them all properly in time.

Ayiwah had leaned back in her chair, closed her eyes and stretched her arms overhead, when the sudden call came. .:Commodore to the bridge! We’ve got an unknown incoming! It looks like a...dragon?:.

She quickly thought back an affirmative, already rushing out of the cabin, coat billowing out behind her as she moved topside. She hadn’t bothered asking for more information. If they had enough to request a course of action without her seeing whatever was heading for them, they would have told her. Besides, she was more than curious what kind of dragon they thought they were seeing. On deck, the sailors were already prepared at their stations, ready to respond to potential hostile action the instant she gave the word. And all of them were staring in one direction. Following their gaze, she quickly spotted the golden flying being circling the harbor in a wide arc, glinting in the light of the setting sun.

It looked like a dragon alright.  But not like the living ones they all knew from back home. No, this one resembled ancient Umbraline iconography, of all things. Ayiwah remembered the drawings from her younger days, stuck in - at the time - endlessly boring history lessons, while itching to get back to the yards to continue her soulsword training and wondering when she would ever need to remember some dusty old drawing or tapestry design.

She retroactively apologized to her teachers as the dragon suddenly dove. Dashi and Menti alike rushed to the railing, peering down into the water to follow the creature’s dive underneath the Yukanna’s keels, before reemerging on the opposite side and pulling themselves onto the pier. One thing that stood out to Ayiwah immediately was that the way the being moved was not that of an animal. The fact that they carried a spear in one of their claws only supported that observation. But the real kicker was when they opened their jaws to speak.

"Dasaka, I request an audience with you."

Oh, Yumi is gonna love this…

The commodore stepped forward, appearing at the top of the gangway, looking down at the dragon. The fact that they knew who - or rather, what - the Dasaka were didn’t bother her too much, they had been on the island long enough for word to spread and for others to recognize them. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to be a little cautious.

“Greetings, stranger.” she addressed the newcomer. “I am commodore Ayiwah. If you wish to talk, I’d be happy to. But you seem to have us at a slight disadvantage. We’ve not seen anyone like you before on this island, nor have the Matoran made mention of your kind. Who are you?”

OOC: @Pteronura Brasiliensis

IC:

Aclaraung watched this 'Commodore Ayiwah' carefully for a moment before answering, though watching the other Dasaka from his peripheral vision, listening intently for all of them, even focused on the scent of the air, for that suddent scent of sweat that would accompany any movement to battle. The Commodore's posture appeared unthreatening for the moment, certainly, but when the sheer thought of the Dasaka drew forth such trepidatious thoughts in him, he had no reason to ignore those thoughts, or trust that they wouldn't feel anything similar.

"Ayiwah." Compared to most of the Matoran and their kind he'd dealt with before, this name, at least, felt strange and unfamiliar, even if the name of Dasaka did not. "My name is Aclaraung. I am unsurprised that the Matoran made no mention of me, as it has been some time since last I have been among them. Perhaps I was quickly forgotten...or perhaps that was their hope, that I and mine could be gone and forgotten." No doubt, after Ignotus's actions in Le-Koro, the Matoran had wanted to be rid of the Mystix, even those that had long before been known among them as allies, not conquerors.

In the face of such shows of force, trust was hard to come by. And as he turned his eyes slightly, observing all the various beings on the decks of the ships, his thoughts could not help but turn back to the memory of a delusional, conquering imperialist, or the one shortly after who sought to gain through subterfuge what he couldn't through force. Yes, many of the ships were unarmed, many of those they carried were wounded in some fashion, the Ga-Matoran seemed willing to welcome them, but...

He faced his gaze back on Ayiwah, though his look wasn't accusatory; simply intent.

"There is much I do not remember, Ayiwah, but I know this island is not yours. What, then, is the cause of so great an exodus, even bearing ships of war to a place such as this?"

• Like 3

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Vilda Mako (Tidalpool Inn)

I had heard loose bits and pieces of the local flavor of myth and faith before, but it was a far cry from this little history lesson.

"Hmmpphh. Sisters who keep balance and brothers who are locked in conflict, if I had a dragon for each time..."

It was almost tawdry how archetypical it sounded, but that's often the case with such ancient legends, or that which concerns the Spirits. They should never be accused of being too good for simple archetypes to play their part.

"But from what I hear about Kentoku these days, and from how you recognize the description Cephala, it sounds like the danger is real enough. I have heard the word 'Maru' before, but I've still not gathered who that is, somebody important, I gather?"

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Mel

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Cephala (Tidalpool Inn)

Cephala looked at Mako with a sad smile.  "Ah...  I was waiting for an excuse to do this."  She closed her eyes.  "Gathered friends, listen once again..."

It was not a long performance, but for a Turaga's meager powers it was an ordeal nonetheless.  The tiredness when she opened her eyes again, however, was more than just physical.

"The First Toa did indeed come to this island, just as the village prophecies foretold.  A hundred years ago, they washed up in canisters hurled from the heavens, turned away armies of Makuta's corrupted Rahi that had plagued the Matoran here for a millennium, and made their way beneath the Great Temple to Makuta's lair deep beneath.  None of them returned."

Cephala flicked her fingers, and as one, the six stones representing the First Toa fell.

"Around the time I came to the island- just a couple years back, in fact- a bunch of Matoran went on a quest and got themselves turned into replacements for the First Toa.  They went down into Makuta Land themselves, and apparently they actually won that round."  She shrugged.  "I say 'apparently', of course, because he's clearly back now.  Oh, nobody talks about it out loud, but we all feel it- we've been feeling it for months now.  It's like there's a pair of eyes directly behind you every moment of your life, like there's a set of intangible strings always tugging at your body, like the entire universe tilted a couple degrees when you weren't looking and now everyone's about to fall off a cliff that was never there.  When Makuta's about, everything's just a little bit wrong, and you're just aware of it for it to hurt you."

The Po-Turaga frowned, pursed her lips, sighed.  "Got a little carried away there.  Sorry,  Been holding a lot of that in for a while.  Dunno if I should thank you two or the drinks for helping me get it all out...  eh, heck with it, I'll thank you all."  She chuckled bitterly.  "Long story short- Maru are special Toa.  Fought Makuta or something, actually lived to tell the tale.  I'm pretty sure Ga-Koro's patron Maru is actually in town right now- her name's Leah, by the by- but she's probably busy with the fleet that apparently turned up on her doorstep when she wasn't looking.  When I wasn't looking.  She was probably looking.  Whatever.  Boy, I sure do miss not remembering that I'm drunk."

OOC: @Geardirector @Mel

• Like 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: "Umbraline Sinshi", 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu) Gangplank

Problems with that idea quickly popped up.

Namely, he found the smaller boat about 45 seconds after setting off away from the big one— and that dragon man's booming voice, going on and on about long memories with Alien-shaped blanks in them and the Matoran wanting to forget about his people (no kidding), was still very clearly audible above the clamor and the lapping of the waves. If they heard him, they'd probably hear Ayiwah too—

So, taking her identity was a bust when it came to getting aboard that sleek, shark-shaped hunk of crystal. Which sucked, sucked horribly— more than even salivating at the thought of what treasures could be inside a technological marvel of a ship made of crystal, he also just wanted to know how the thing worked. What went on in there? What was that? What was that?

He had to get in. He really wanted it. But his plan had snapped clean in half as quickly as it had formed. Those two... four... six guards would literally need only working ears to bust him, and he wasn't a buffoon even if he otherwise knew in his heart he could sell it. Especially those on that bit sticking higher than anywhere else— they'd more than likely still see her, too. 

He hung back, melting into the people milling about as he pondered how to salvage this. Circuiting the street, he moved behind a corner, cutting line of sight—

Okay. I can't do Commodore.

Who else would be let on the ship?

Somebody... from the first wave, right? One of the ones that come and go pretty regularly. Who've I seen that—

A bolt from the blue struck, as his mouth opened in an "oooooh." of dawning comprehension within the shadows 'tween buildings. As a burgeoning, nascent thief, debonair and ambitious man coloring outside Ga-Koro's lines, he'd gotten to paying more attention to the Marines as specific obstacles rather than as faceless civil servant peacekeepers who stood around and sometimes drove off Rahi. With the whole downturn in atmosphere the island had gotten since around when the aliens had gotten here from wherever their island was, the Marines had been more active than the lax years beforehand— he'd seen a lot more of them, at least. Maybe serendipity, maybe making his own luck, maybe something much bigger, but all the same, they'd jacked up their patrol time in general, never you mind the foreigners.

One such figure among them— Whitehot Munequita. He'd never had any personal run-ins, thank the Spirit, but she was showing up early and often (for her) to the docks back when he'd still gone out to try his hand as an honest fisherman ever since the Dasaka had made landfall. Near as he could tell, she was one of the first responders when they'd barged in, and Hahli'd more or less just decided that the statuesque, striking Toa of Earth worked as a good liason between them and Ga-Koro's structure.

One of the reasons for that was the alien that'd almost immediately become attached at the hip with. A sorta tall, sorta lean, sorta quite pretty Dasaka with a Calix...

Who'd been fresh off that boat. No way she wasn't allowed in. Probably their advanced scouting force, he knew that she had to handle herself in a fight— Munequita never suffered wimps. A smarmy Toa of Iron had told him as much over drinks— well, Rudra was drinking, the Warrant Officer was downing a girly looking strawberry sundae with shameless abandon. Point was, he'd heard that the woman was a hellion fiend for physical training— nobody like that would be so smitten with someone helpless.

Also yeah actually she has like two swords

Alright! That made this much, much better— plan was back on board!

Get it?

His Kanohi glowed, and his form swiftly shifted.

—————

The guards of the Ryuu's gangplank, some three or so minutes later, was treated to what by all means had to have been a familiar sight. A slim, pretty Menti, sword on either hip (one sparkling with soft cerulean hues of some nameless crystal, the other with a polished metallic sheen) and a straight, confident back emerged from the procession, marching up to the low-seated ship like a woman who had somewhere to be, even if she wore an easy smile on her face.

They glanced at eachother momentarily, noticing something off. Something missing.

He was pretty sure he knew what it was. He hoped he knew what it was. Oh man, if he didn't know what it wa—

"Good morning, Umbraline Sinshi," one spoke up, thankfully giving him the girl's name (he'd never cared to catch it and remember before like right now). They maintained their stiff decorum for an instant longer, before that same sentry's eyebrow quirked behind her...Sssssanok, he figured, with a now more familiar tone. "No Whitehot?"

Good guess, Rudra!

"Long night." 'she' responded, throwing in a sly wink. "You know? She needs to sleep it off."

The two guards glanced at eachother again, before looking back to the smug Menti before them.

"Nice." they replied in unison, sharing smirks.

No kidding. Smokeshow of a cop.

"To what do we owe the pleasure, then?" the opposite asked, looking 'her' over with a little more intent. "Something from your old quarters you need? I thought you had cleaned it out moving."

Go ahead, verify all you want. The Mahiki's good enough that I even sound like her. All I need to do for pattern is some total marine hardcase knocked down a couple notches because of two months off. Be shocked if that isn't close.

"Yeah," no sense not taking what he'd been given. "I did as well, but there's something I can't find over there. All but turned it upside down looking, so this is my other option. Any issues with that?"

A beat passed, before the guards nodded, one allowing herself an almost imperceptible shrug. They couldn't seem to find anything wrong with the person they'd seen before them, and they knew Umbraline Sinshi well. 'If it looked like a Soko, walked like a Soko, and whinnied like a Soko,' and so forth. "Go ahead— might as well grab it before you two're stuck minding some diplomacy meeting now that half of the Archipelago's here..." she said wanly, dissatisfaction creeping in.

Yeah, that was fair. Rudra could, pretty easily, get why nobody wanted to be standing around. They had dragons swooping in, families that they hoped were making landfall, big shots running around (if that luxury liner behind the Yucca-guy was any indication)— all the perfect reasons to not wish standing guard on anybody. In the same breath as that, though, those were some pretty good distractions in their own rights— enough that a Sinshi-lookalike and soundalike must have been easy to sign off on for a mind that was drifting elsewhere. They looked almost haggard, really. Crisp from afar, but now that Rudra had seen them up close, it began to make sense.

They led 'her' to the hatch atop the upper portion of the diving ship's completely enclosed hull, pulling it open after engaging what looked like some fancy corkscrew mechanism.

"Thanks." 'Sinshi' said with as much grace as Rudra could muster, before ducking inside.

OOC: I've consulted with @Krayzikk re: NPC reactions up to this point

Edited by Razgriz
this guy cannot read japanese
  • Like 6

helo frens

IC Yumiwa + Zafin | Ga-Koro, Chiisai Ryuu

The empress looked at the azure sky and spied the birds that flew over the village. The fauna on Mata Nui was different that back home. She tried to recognize some species, and when she could not identify them she instead considered whether there was an equivalent creature had been kept in Sado's Garden district sanctuaries. Most of them had kindreds in kind, like the ubiquitous Mata Nui fishing bird that swooped and screeched teasingly that reminded Yumiwa so much of the albatross on Oki, and the strange puffins that waddled around the cliffsides on Naho Bay evoked the images of pilfering shorebirds that enjoyed the sheer sides of Sado's crystal towers. Others were less familiar, like the weird gulls that seemed to hang overhead in the breeze like living kites, felt quintessentially Mata Nuian. Yumiwa couldn't quite tell why, truthfully, but maybe it was the searing effect when a local matoran referred to them as "dumpster chickens" that immediately admitted the sea-gulls as a local treasure of dubious repute.

The gull she'd been spying suddenly tilted its wings a fraction and dipped away from view, vanishing from sight with a muffled cawww! heard faintly through the walls. "That was a fat one," Zafin said in amusement. 

"'Wombodibus'," Yumiwa added, still peering up through the large windows of the submersible's bridge. "That's another thing they're called—the large ones, at least."

"Have you taken quite a liking of these birds?" the handmaiden remarked inquisitively.

"I have! They're amusing to me, but also I just kind of... like them?" She looked at Zafin and grinned. "I like the way their beaks turn up in those dorky smirks, and how they boldly do whatever they want without regard for the matoran's routines. They're apparently flying trash pandas but I just think they're neat.

They saw another group of boats roll into Ga-Koro's docks, stacking on top of other boats that already stretched out through the villages network of piers like sprawling tree branches, each adding to its own length with new limbs. "Clan Korae, at last," Yumiwa said, noting the bright orange pennants on the lead boat's masts. 

"I would have expected them to be at the front of the fleet, you know, on account of their sea prowess."

"Prowess, but also caution. They are wise to distance themselves from my proximity," Yumiwa observed. "If Toroshu Tyee survived and is in charge then they'll want to provide a large berth. Inokio shamed their precarious status immensely and Tyee will want to ask for penance when she's certain my anger is stilled. But, you know, Tyee—and her clan—were never the closest to Sado or myself, either. She doesn't realize that I don't hold bad feelings for the clan, just for their erstwhile First Son's treachery, so they're wise... but not intelligent."

"You'll see each other soon enough," Zafin opined. "The council meeting..."

"Yeah. Tomorrow at midmorning, probably, provided I have news to bring to the collected toroshu. The Korae are tiny these days, a minor clan among minnows, but they're old and will be eager to seek respect again. I can count on them in the session now that they're here."

"Do you suppose you'll need clout?"

"These are still the toroshu we're talking about," Yumiwa chided. "Political maneuverings and jockeying for resources and power are what they do, and we're in a new world with lots they could benefit from. Some are more like the gulls then the matoran, and if they can squeeze something out of this place then they will do all in their power to claim it. And me, I'm an empress without an empire," Yumiwa said with a deep frown. "I'll have to steer the clans as best I can as their rora and arbiter. I need allies here more than ever."

Zafin nodded. She understood what her ladyship was saying though it didn't sink in quite as well. Politics and governance was never Zafin's hobby, an effect from her vocation veering away from the Umbraline diplomatic corps and more towards martial and domestic arts, but she was well aware that the role of rora was a dangerous game of power plays. The rora was not unassailable as it was in ages past, and Yumiwa in particular was subject to the highs and lows of public opinion in polarizing clarity. Some toroshu may even believe themselves more suited to the throne-in-exile, believing that the exit of Sado was the final chapter of the ancient Umbraline clan's reign. Yumiwa was on precarious ground, and yeah, she needed allies. Fortunately, and also unfortunately, Yumiwa had inherited her position on Sado instead of coming with the mission on the Chiisai Ryuu

"Come on, let me show you what would have been my cabin," Yumiwa said, tugging at Zafin lightly and then surging ahead. They were had left the bridge and were headed to the other deck to the bunk rooms when they heard a hatch's grinding hinges. The two nobles gave each other quizzical glances, neither detecting any indications of who could be coming on board. Their security was not in question, there were several guards outside the submarine and the docs were literally crawling with Menti, but the lack of a mental signature was the first tip that something weird was happening. As far as they knew, they were the only Dasaka on the boat, until they heard footsteps. 

.:I guess we're not alone anymore:.

.:Shrug:.

.:Would you like us to meet whoever came on deck?:.

.:Yes—they may have come looking for me:.

.:Mmkay:.

They wordlessly started to walk back towards the entrance section of the submersible to intercept whoever their company was.

@Razgriz

IC:

Hahli's eyes threatened to remain shut even through the first knock on the door.

The Dasaka were welcome guests of Ga-Koro, and their Rora had seemed amiable; like Ayiwah had explained, Yumiwa was a charming figure, skilled in diplomacy, asserting what she wanted yet reflexively seeking compromise. She would have gotten along with Nokama as famously as she had with Hahli. The thought brought a wan smile to the Ga-Matoran's face. Still, the visit had proved taxing, especially on only a couple of days' notice. And there was something about the earnest way the beer-sipping younger princess had filled the room with her presence...

Anyway, what Hahli was really looking forward to was a nap. Until the second knock came. That was when she decided it was either Akiri business, which meant it was time to put her diplomatic face back on and ignore how her shoulders and calves were killing her, or it was Jaller, in which case she would utilize her shoulders and calves to cave his skull into a banana shape.

Standing and cracking her neck, she made her way downstairs from the office chair she'd been languishing in. When she cracked open the door, she was greeted by the welcome sight of Toa Leah, along with a small party in the Toa Maru's wake. There was a Rahkshi corpse at her door.

Play it cool.

She put her foot on the dead monster's skull, mantling it like a true conqueror. She grinned sharply at her friend.

"Thank you for the present, Toa-hero," she chuckled, although inside her heart was simmering with tension and fear. "What's the occasion?"

@Vezok's Friend @ARROW404 @Rahisaurus @Mel

IC:

"Coming, coming!"

Unlike her Akiri across the Koro, Nixie had been deep in the throes of a nap, which may have contributed to the cranky edge in her voice. Or perhaps it was, historically, Nixie's poor reputation with surprise guests. Many of her neighbors had made her the butt of jests about how disturbing Nixie's slumber led to surprise Valkyr attacks, which not only wasn't funny, it wasn't fair - much like the attacks themselves.

The door cracked a peep, and a baleful golden eye stared out at Kira from the abyss.

"Hello?"

-Tyler

• Like 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

[Ga-koro, East Fishery District(Talli)]
Talli broke one of the breads in half and shoved the cheesier side in her mouth while she thought of how to best explain to Timak the way to Hahli’s hut.

“If you head back toward the shore into the market square, there’s a big thoroughfare to your left.   Vines and flowers and junk, honors those who died protecting Ga-Koro—if you keep going past the big tree there’s a park and a cluster of buildings—can’t miss the Akiri’s hut, on the account of the guards outside of it.  Probably some of those sparkly foreigners too."

Please don’t ask about the thoroughfare.

OOC: @Rahisaurus

• Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC: Timak, Ga-Koro
"Vines and flowers? That sounds pretty," Timak smiles, "I'm sure I won't miss it then. Thanks!" They raise the half-eaten bread. "And thanks for the food as well, I feel much better now!" Turning on a heel, they almost skip away in the direction of the market, feeling in such a light mood. But, they don't, remembering that that's probably not a normal thing to do. Suddenly a thought crosses Timak's mind and they turn after a couple of steps, calling back with a wave - "I owe you a favour, catch me again next time you need anything and I'll do my best!"

Now, turning to the route ahead, Timak finds themselves walking at quite a good pace, long legs striding through the crowds with an eager bounce. Things were finally starting to come into place, and they couldn't help smiling at the idea that they would soon be making themselves useful. Whether that idea came to fruition remained to be seen, depending on what happened when they introduced themselves to the Akiri, but that didn't stop the Toa's hopeful mood. Unable to keep their eagerness in check, their pace sped into a jog, briskly bounding along across the lilypads and boardwalks.

After not too long they came across the thoroughfare, and slowed to admire the scene, passing by the memorial flowers and sparing them a respectful glance, unable to actually stop still, but thinking to themselves how well those honoured fallen must have succeeded, considering the beautiful state of the village at present.

Eventually coming into the park with the Akiri's hut, they slowed to a walk once more, looking for the hut with the guards. Spotting it, Timak stopped to shake out the excitement; settling into a calmer demeanour and clearing their throat. Then they approached the guards.

"Good evening.. I'm a new arrival on the island. May I speak to the Akiri? I was sent here without my memories, but I want to offer my help in whatever I can."

ooc: Thanks @Mel ! And - hello @Vezok's Friend @ARROW404 @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl  feel free to bunny Timak into the house if it makes things flow easier e.g. "guard says yes. X watches Timak wander cautiously into the hut, looking around at the odd scene before them"

Edited by Rahisaurus

IC: [Leah - Ga-Koro]

“Caught this one snoopin’ round out back.” Leah replied, playing along with the Akiri. But even so she could tell Hahli looked exhausted. She could relate. Unfortunately...this couldn’t wait.

“And by snooping I mean ‘strutted out of the dark walk hissing and snarling a challenge’. Just the one too, no backup. Thankfully, I had Kimala here, and Talli - one of our fishers.We took it down, but…” the Maru paused, then sighed heavily. Her expression solidified into an unusually serious one. “They’re getting nasty again. Like when they had Makuta’s will behind them...I think that might be the case again. His defeat may not have been as lasting as we’d hoped.”

She let that one hang in the air for a moment before continuing.

“I’ll send word to the other Maru...we’ll have to go back down into Mangaia and make sure."

OOC: @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl @ARROW404 @Rahisaurus I’m not ignoring Timak, just using BZP time to have this happen before they get to the hut. 

IC: [Rhow - Ga-Koro, The Great Takea]

“Ah, I see…” Rhow rumbled, nodding along with the explanation. “Pretty sure every great spirit or whatever falls somewhere on the ‘bad’ spectrum. No good and evil...Just how it is I s’pose. Mata Nui too. Doesn’t do anything, just sleeps and turns more Matoran with anxiety into Toa to throw at the problem. It’s all just shades of bad. Best to pick one with the smallest amount. Sounds like your Zataka’s is easy on the eyes at least..unlike...others.”

Her expression turned ponderous. A name emerged in her thoughts, one that felt oddly familiar even if she couldn’t remember why it did - like so many other things recently. 

Irnakk…

She felt a shudder run down her spine.

OOC: @Void Emissary @Mel

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, Yukanna, on deck]

The commodore quickly debated how much she should share with this newcomer. Amnesia was a common enough condition here, that she knew, but she couldn’t afford to be too trusting either. Then again, what the being that had stepped straight out of ancient myth was asking would easily be answered in any bar around town if he asked, so there was no harm in sharing that much.

“First, we discovered this island by accident. Then, we came as explorers. Now we are refugees. The people and ships before you are those that managed to escape the calamity that has befallen my homeland.”

While she talked she kept in mental contact with other Menti around her. Many were just as on edge as she was, maybe even more so, and they were looking for guidance for how to treat the newcomer. She wasn’t the only one slightly unsettled by what was ancient history to them, standing before them and talking. But for all her doubts, Ayiwah told them to stand down and merely observe closely. She did reach out to two people though: the rora, and the chojo.

.:Yumi, Desde...I have no tactful way to say this, so: there is a walking, talking dragon here. No, this is no practical joke by me and Taz. No, I have not been drinking the Matoran brew. Come to the Yukanna at your earliest convenience.:.

“And what about you Aclaraung? How long has it been since you walked openly among Matoran, and why would they wish you stayed gone?”

OOC: @Pteronura Brasiliensis @Umbraline Yumiwa

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Ageru Tazera) [Aboard the Chiisai Ryuu]

Ageru Tazera marched hurriedly down the corridors of the Chiisai Ryuu, ducking through bulkheads and whirling around corners. With Ayiwah resuming command of her flagship the Yukanna, Tazera had become the acting captain of the Ryuu. Famously loyal to her Commodore but ever the professional, she had kept her reluctance about this separate assignment private and set about her command of the docked submersible with characteristic verve and efficiency.

Needless to say, the seriousness with which she took this responsibility was only redoubled by the presence of the Rora herself aboard the vessel. And so when she was patrolling the surface deck of the Ryuu, and an actual 'taka-loving dragon came crawling out of the bay and demanded an audience in thunderous tones, she made a beeline for her empress.

She passed Umbraline Sinshi on her way (a little surprising to see the Menti here on the sub, given that everybody on the expedition knew how personally she was establishing relations with Ga-Koro — but Tazera swiftly shunted this thought to the back of her mind) and she gave a brisk nod of greeting, barely slowing her stride as she combed the decks in search of the Rora.

She soon found them coming the other way, and snapped a smart bow.

"Your Majesty," she said quickly but with all the appropriate deference. "You are appraised of the situation with the...ah...dragon?"

She'd picked up Ayiwah's Ideatalk, but rigorous double-checking was a standard worth maintaining; and implied was her readiness for any orders the Rora might have.

OOC: @Razgriz @Umbraline Yumiwa

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 6

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ga-Wahi

:l::e::t::t::e::r: :1:

Tuara,

I’m writing to you on my third day in prison. The accommodations in my cell are fine, and the food isn’t as bad as I always thought it would be in a prison. Maybe I’ve just lost my sense of taste! I heard that they let you go already. That’s good.

I have to tell you, as your brother, I’m disappointed that after everything, you still chose to write up that fake letter from me to keep me in here. But I hope that given enough time, we can come to some understanding. I’m willing to forgive you, as long as you’re willing to do the right thing and tell the truth. I know I will.

I also heard a rumour that you got hurt during your interrogation. I know you’re upset about everything that’s happened - I am too - but your behavior indicates to me you at least feel some remorse, and that’s good. Please, you have to set the record straight. I don’t want to be trapped here with these animals all alone. You know I don’t belong here.

I ask as your brother, tell the truth.

Kitea

The travel had been pretty quiet, all things considered, between Tuara and Agni. It was kept mostly to some small talk, and some theorizing about the Dasakan fleet. Tuara felt it was best to let Agni think for now, and she herself was appreciating the change in the air. Most of the actual speaking had happened while exchanging kind words with a few Guardsmen on the way out of Ta-Koro. It was still a little odd, interacting with members of the Guard. The record had been set straight, and it was clear to many that Tuara was manipulated into playing her awful part in her brother's strange and awful scheme, but that didn't make things any less uncomfortable. One more thing to live with.

Agni led the pair along the dirt path, flanked on each side by thick walls of bamboo. Eventually, they rounded a hill at the edge of the beach, and there they saw Ga-Koro - almost dwarfed by the number of ships in the water, big and small.

"Wow. 'Fleet' is right," Tuara remarked, a little awestruck, "At least they haven't started blowing anything up yet. That's probably a good sign."

OOC: @Vezok's FriendAgni and Tuara from Ta-Wahi

Edited by Palm
proper punctuation
  • Like 2

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

7 hours ago, Ghosthands said:

She soon found them coming the other way, and snapped a smart bow. "Your Majesty," she said quickly but with all the appropriate deference. "You are appraised of the situation with the... ah... dragon?" She'd picked up Ayiwah's Ideatalk, but rigorous double-checking was a standard worth maintaining; and implied was her readiness for any orders the Rora might have.

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro

"Lieutenant," I said with an incline of my head to look at her feet, the bow to use when recognizing someone of lesser rank I trusted. "I heard the message, same as you." Aya's request for me to make way to the Yukanna was in earnest but my excitement for a real-life little dragon was tempered by my suspicions of something else at play, concerns likely stirred up by Aya's mention of a joke by her or Taz. After all, there were others who could make such tricks real and my feelings for legendary draconic creatures was no secret. 

"I want to see this spectacle from safety first," I said. "Take me to a porthole or periscope that gives us a clear view of the Yukanna's decks from within the Chiisai Ryuu. I want to be assured this isn't a Sighteye's ploy." I was aware of the general layout of the submersible but mostly in reference to my room and main areas, as truth be told I'd never set foot within it except for the briefest of inspections at its christening. Plus, having Taz by my side helped ease my tensions a bit as well. 

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa

On 11/10/2021 at 11:17 PM, Haman Karn: A Magical Girl said:

The door cracked a peep, and a baleful golden eye stared out at Kira from the abyss.

"Hello?"

-Tyler

IC: Kira (Nixie’s Hut)

“Uh, hi, er, hello, Ms Nixie, ma’am, I just wanted to- I mean- I’m a really big fan, that’s not why I’m here, I mean, I’ve got actual- I’ve got questions about the stars.” Kira removed her backpack and unlatched it, revealing scrolls of parchment inside. “If I could come in, I- I’ve been charting things for some time now, and… it all just doesn’t make sense.”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: [Ga-Koro, The Great Takea(Shuuan)]

Being a jar without a lid means you have to learn how to spit people’s own bile back at them, and fear is the best of these concoctions.  Thus, I was instantly alert to the the stiffening in the bartender’s spine.   There was something there—something—it was hard to define through the buzz of alcohol and the lack of presence these islanders had on the metal plane (a welcome respite honestly), but I could sense the shape of something, something single and yet reverberating through the skakdi’s being.

A word perhaps, or a name.

I can never leave anything alone.

“What others?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary

IC: [Ga-koro, The Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
Pradhai looked at the turaga, genuine concern in her eyes.

“Forgive me if I’m overstepping my bounds, cousin, but my mentor always told me that if you’re drinking to forget more than to remember, you’re doing it wrong.”

Even through the fog of several good cups of sake, her awareness piqued at the mention of the maru in the village.

“I would like to meet one of these legendary inheritors.   That sounds like quite a story.”

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Geardirector

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: [Rhow - Ga-Koro, The Great Takea]

“Well, there’s….uh...hmm.” Rhow started to reply immediately, but just as quickly stumbled in her words. She looked at Shuuan with narrow eyes and furrowed brow, before glancing down at the counter, frustration showing in her body language. She clenched her left fist tight enough for her knuckles to crack. Then she relaxed and let out a throaty, rumbling sigh.

“S’funny, y’know...now that you ask - I can’t remember any of them. You know when you get a thought but the moment you try and focus it’s just gone? Yeah, like that. I keep thinking ‘Irrnak’, but who or whatever that is, I got no image for it. Couldn’t tell ya thing one about ‘em.”

OOC: @Mel

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Kimala - Akiri Hahli's Hut

The statuesque Toa of Crystal couldn't suppress a short exhalation of fear at Toa Maru Leah's words. She gripped the staff tighter. Makuta... returned? She clenched her jaw then, steeling herself. They had survived the Makuta's reign before. The faceless evil was back, but if it had failed once before, it could do it again. She looked from Leah to Hahli expectantly, and perhaps a little antsy. She felt out of place, alone in the same room as the Koro's leader and the heir of Toa Gali. She was just a teacher, she told herself. The nightmares were in the past, she wasn't a warrior, she thought privately, even as she clutched the proof that that wasn't the case in her two hands. How did this keep happening? First the hospital, now this.

Blinking, she realized she had spaced out for a moment, and turned her attention back to the Akiri.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Cephala (Tidalpool Inn)

"Oh, I'm sure she'll be happy to accommodate you if you catch her when she's not busy.  Of course, with all these new arrivals..."  Cephala shrugged.  "And don't worry about the drinking thing, that was a joke.  I don't drink to drown my sorrows, I drink because I like the tingle."

OOC: @Mel @Geardirector

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: [Ga-Koro, The Great Takea(Shuuan)]The words that Rhow said to me were completely honest.
Huh.

After so long having to put up with the fronts people put in front of their thoughts, it was strange to hear someone so nakedly confess something clearly personal, to me.   A stranger.   Strange, but not bad, not bad at all.

“You have amnesia?   Is that a common thing around here?”
OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary

IC: [Ga-koro, The Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
“Ah, sorry about that.   Animals don’t have much of a sense of humor; it’s hard going back to more subtle company.”

She looked towards Mako.   “When are you thinking of hanging up for the night, old friend?”

OOC: @Geardirector @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC:

"Certain distant...cousins seemed to think themselves entitled to rule, and were willing to act on that belief some years ago. The Matoran and their fellows showed those kin of mine the foolishness of that mindset. After ensuring they'd never again cause such troubles, it was prudent to remove myself from the thoughts and worries of the villagers." Aclaraung took his eyes off of Ayiwah's, looking up and out at the fleet of ships crowding the harbor. "But the passage of time brings with it new potential, and new threats, and an old dragon can't easily allow himself to fade away into legend through the passing of years."

No doubt the implicit threat behind his words was clear to the commodore, and any other Dasaka listening in. Certainly, he had opposed Ignotus and Zarnarax for reasons of pride and station, but it hadn't been those alone. The island and its people had long been replete with threats and short on protectors, and he'd grown nearly as fond of both as he had been disgusted with the Mystix under the brothers' rule. With such half-remembered flashes of battle, the need to hide, regain strength, and the thought of Dasaka hanging over all of it, Aclaraung was wary of extending any certain trust towards these newcomers. "But, perhaps..."

He stepped forwards, claws digging yet more gouges into the wood of the dock to accompany those he'd already made in climbing out of the water. He leaned down to the commodore's level, serpentine neck extending over the gangway, head cocked as he took in the details of the Dasaka's face—and as his ears sought to pull detail out of the muffled voices he'd heard coming from the other ships surrounding this one. "I can sense no lie in what you say, Commodore Ayiwah. You do have my condolences—it is a difficult thing to be forcefully parted from one's rightful home."

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

On 11/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro

"Lieutenant," I said with an incline of my head to look at her feet, the bow to use when recognizing someone of lesser rank I trusted. "I heard the message, same as you.

"I want to see this spectacle from safety first," I said. "Take me to a porthole or periscope that gives us a clear view of the Yukanna's decks from within the Chiisai Ryuu. I want to be assured this isn't a Sighteye's ploy."

OOC: yo

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Port]

An intense thought sparked to life, obscured somewhat by dancing flames of a free spirit.

::Yumiwa, our meeting is delayed due to a dragon::

A Menti stole her optics away from the dragon in the distance to return to staring down the two Menti on the opposing end of the gangplank.

::And your 'servants' up above not letting me pass::

Edited by BULiK
"check the DRMP" moment

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Surdo - Ga-Koro - Streets

“Very good.” Surdo nodded fervently. He liked when deals worked out. “Now, my friend wants me to meet him at the Obsidian Outpost in Ko-Wahi tomorrow. Until then…maybe it’s time you told me more about the man you’re looking for. If I’m to help you track him down, any information will be useful.”

He wasn’t sure how much he actually cared, or if this person even existed with how the Skakdi had been behaving. But as long as he appeared interested, Surdo assumed Baszlin would continue to work with him. People liked when others could be useful to them. What was “friendship” if there was nothing to be traded between those involved? Nothing tangible to be gained? This was the root of Surdo’s business, the core of his ideas and what had kept him going this long: everyone wants something. As long as you have it, you have them.

“But…” he continued, turning away from Baszlin and shrugging, “…perhaps I’m being too prying. Maybe you would like a drink first.”

OOC: @Perp

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa Just a gentle reminder about the rules regarding metagaming. Yumiwa getting from the Takea to the Ryuu without an intervening post and being suspicious of the person entering the sub without a clear reason (Dashi make up a part of the crew and wouldn't have a noticeable mental presence, either) pushes past what would be reasonable. This isn't intended as a public callout but there has been some concern from enough sources that @Ghosthands and myself thought it best to address publicly. You are of course welcome to discuss this with either of us privately. 

We want to encourage people to try things. Even if they won't work ultimately we don't want to discourage them before they ever really get to make the attempt. :) 

GM IC:

Rudra's chosen disguise, though he couldn't have known it, was almost perfect; the original was far away inside the village and no one would question her presence on the sub. Not until he pushed for the bridge, anyway, a place that she had never been or had any knowledge of.

Further into the village, in the midst of glaring at her cousin, Sinshi sneezed.

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

On 11/14/2021 at 10:13 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

"I want to see this spectacle from safety first," I said. "Take me to a porthole or periscope that gives us a clear view of the Yukanna's decks from within the Chiisai Ryuu. I want to be assured this isn't a Sighteye's ploy."

"As you wish, ma'am," Tazera acknowledged. "I'm afraid you won't be able to see the Yukanna's decks, though; the Ryuu sits too low in the water, even at the bridge level."

This was a fact the lieutenant knew well from long hours at the bridge. The sweeping views that might've made the shifts more pleasant were mostly occluded by the hulls of taller vessels moored to either side.

"However, from what I could see, the dragon — or whatever it is — was standing on the dockside. The periscope at the forward observation deck should have a clear view."

The technological marvel that was the Chiisai Ryuu still amazed Tazera at times. These "periscopes" were apparently a recent invention developed specifically for the sub, combining mirrors to raise one's vision above the water level with crystal lenses that provided better magnification than any spyglass she'd ever used. When she wasn't supervising the bridge, she would often make her way to the one at the vessel's aft and use it as a telescope, looking out past the looming hulls and across the sparkling water. With the lenses adjusted correctly, she could even pick out details of the sandstone cliffs on the far side of Naho Bay. The shell of her professional demeanour was rock-solid, but inwardly Tazera was thrilled to have the privilege of demonstrating the operation of these contraptions to the Rora herself.

"This way please, ma'am."

As Tazera led the Rora and her handmaiden towards the fore of the vessel, she was surprised by a fiery and unfamiliar Ideatalk presence:

On 11/18/2021 at 7:41 AM, BULiK said:

::Yumiwa, our meeting is delayed due to a dragon::

::And your 'servants' up above not letting me pass::

She paused, and looked back expectantly at Yumiwa in case this merited a change to the Rora's instructions.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

7 hours ago, Ghosthands said:

This way please, ma'am."

As Tazera led the Rora and her handmaiden towards the fore of the vessel, she was surprised by a fiery and unfamiliar Ideatalk presence. 
She paused, and looked back expectantly at Yumiwa in case this merited a change to the Rora's instructions.

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro

I pursed my lips, then turned the corners of my mouth up into a thin smile. Long Dihunai would wait, just like everyone else. 

“Lead the way, Tazera,” I urged. 

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Port]

After waiting long enough to no reply, Dihunai rolled her optics and turned back towards the dockyards. Perhaps she could get closer to this "dragon", anyhow.

First touring the local bars, now touring her own ships - Yumiwa delaying her training with these frivolities only delayed the salvation of those still on the Archipelago. The advance team had already evaluated the locals and Dihunai was sure the Rora was privy to that intelligence... so why she chose to mingle with these natives was beyond Dihunai. To her, the formalities were just another way of not getting anything meaningful done.

OOC: Open for interaction.

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I took another drag on my cigar, raising an eyebrow at Shuuan's line of questioning. Although I had heard something of the rash of memory loss that seemed to have gone around this island, that subject had always seemed a bit too academic and esoteric for me to worry too much about -- especially in light of more concrete concerns, like peddling the contents of the Ryuu's trash to rubes for the cold, hard widgets that Mata-Nuian's used for currency. If Rhow could shed more light on the issue, it certainly wouldn't hurt for me to listen in.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Mel

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]