On 11/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

“Lead the way, Tazera,” I urged. 

IC (Ageru Tazera) [Aboard the Chiisai Ryuu]

Tazera snapped another bow.

"Right away, ma'am."

It didn't take them long to get to the forward observation deck: a spacious (by the cramped submersible's standards) two-level room located near the Ryuu's prow, tapering along its length as the vessel narrowed. Set into its sloping walls, ceiling and floor were several transparent panels designed to allow the submersible's passengers as unrestricted a view of their surroundings as possible without compromising structural integrity. Above was the clear blue sky, dotted with clouds and wheeling gulls; to either side were the dark hulls of conventional sea vessels; and below were the gorgeous reefs and swirling schools of fish for which Ga-Koro's waters were famous.

Tazera led the Rora along the walkway that straddled the room to a point where a bulky roughly-cylindrical shape was extended down from the ceiling like a smooth crystal stalactite. Tazera reached up into the bottom of it to grasp a pair of handles and pulled, drawing out a long device from which a pair of small cylinders protruded. The lieutenant put her eyes to the cylinders and squinted, adjusting knobs and dials on the side of the periscope to bring the image of the sub's environs into focus.

She pulled on the handles to rotate the device on its axis, moving her field of view along the dock until — there: the dragon creature, now surrounded by a small, curious crowd at what they presumably considered a safe distance. Fortunately the periscope was high enough to grant a view over their heads. By the look of things the dragon itself was still in conversation with Ayiwah.

Tazera adjusted the knobs once again to zoom in a little more on the dragon for Yumiwa's convenience, then stepped aside with a bow.

"Simply put your eyes to those lenses, ma'am, as if you were using a pair of binoculars."

• Like 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Yumiwa | Chiisai Ryuu

Double telescūpe! I thought to myself in fascination as Tazera adjusted the optics to my needs, but my excitement for the periscope was overshadowed by what I hoped/expected was on the other end of the optic. 

Dragon!!!! It was actually hard for me to contain my excitement at the prospect of meeting an actual dragon—if this was in fact one of them. Not a Kanohi Dragon, not quite in the same vein as my heraldic symbols, but for all intents and purposes a dragon in the same spirit, or so I hoped. It was actually funny, a crazy random happenstance, that I was seeing what looked to be a little dragon from the "Little Dragon." 

"What's your assessment, Lieutenant Tazera?" I asked, handing controls of the optics back to her. "Do you think it could be an illusion?" Zafin gestured that she didn't need to take a look, realizing that her abilities to discern through an illusion were limited and preferring to wait until we saw things with our own eyes. 

IC: "Umbraline Sinshi", 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu) Interior

Putting it mildly, the young man wearing a young woman's face was about ready to burn something once he'd squirreled this big 'ol thing outta here.

Not for any lack of his own handiwork— the Mahiki was more than pulling its weight. Any time he passed "another" Dasaka by, their friendly smiles and throwaway greetings towards Umbraline Sinshi only served to bolster his confidence that he'd nailed this one. His heart had initially skipped a beat when making his first contact with the crew, a serious, crisp looking woman with an aura of command (and ornamentation to the crystal armor, looking back on it) extremely similar to the Commodore— he'd have clammed up if she spoke, but all she had to offer him was a quick, acknowledging nod— and then her footsteps, thunderous within these tight spaces and bulkheads, rolled on past him towards the pair coming up from behind. If he hoodwinked her, then call this bit a hole-in-one.

However,

It's really gotta be some roast duck or goose or something nice like that. Whatever Spirit looks out for me's really done me solid. My spirit star has the blessing for today.

As he meandered through the ship, checking up on the inner workings through just as much happenstance as referring back to the sparse, minimalistic diagrams posted within the ship for the sake of the crew, he had somehow just as often simply evaded notice as "managed to hold up to it". A turn of the back at the right time to look at something he thought he saw in the wall, a creak on the ship prompting a gaze to turn away by reflex as he passed an intersection, a door ajar just so— it was like an invisible hand was just nudging everything the right way to make this easy on him...

And nobody got anywhere resting on their laurels, did they?

If today was lucky, that was the time to squeeze it.

He sauntered up to bulkhead just before the the bridge's entrance...

And found a closed door, blocking his path towards greatness.

Huh.

A closed door begging to be opened by an entrepreneurial Vo-Toa, who by all means was riding the hottest streak of the past three years.

Huh.

He glanced once, twice, three times at his surroundings. Nobody yet. Behind the sound of the waves lapping against the hull, he didn't THINK he heard anyone coming...

And tested the handle, jiggling it roughly, before stepping to the side, crouching fully, and activating his Kanohi once more.

Time for my most powerful prank.

If somebody was in there, and felt like investigating, they would no longer find the prim, proper, ramrod back of Umbraline Sinshi, nor her fine-featured Calix—

Instead, if they elected to look at the floor (for whatever reason one would) they'd find a simple overturned basket, hiding the bundled-up form of Rudra from view within the image of expertly weaved bamboo in the Ga-Koroan style, with a small potted bonsai plant resting atop. A tasteful, foreign decoration to spruce up the samey, drab interior he'd been rambling through.

This was foolproof.

It was a shame Mata Nui made him so smart— these poor aliens didn't stand a chance. Who'd want to knock the nice plant over? The tasteful, sandy browns of woven plant fiber that somebody'd manage to swipe off the locals? They'd never even think of touching it, never come close to the ruse! Sure, he was pretty scrunched up and stuck on a knee to fit in the illusion reasonably, but such was a small sacrifice for expert subterfuge.

It's just a stupid little basket from the docks lyin' around, nobody's gonna suspect that!

Edited by Razgriz
brain cells are afterimages with mass, unlike mahikis
  • Like 6

helo frens

"Hard to say, ma'am," Tazera replied. "It certainly could be, as far as I can tell. I'm told there are some among the natives able to produce illusions — through a Kanohi, I think — whereas I have heard nothing about any creature of this sort on the island."

Ever the professional soldier on the outside, internally Tazera was still a little giddy to be asked her opinion by the Rora herself, to share her newfound knowledge of Mata Nui with Zuto Nui's chosen representative among Dasaka. But she checked herself: essential in the virtue of Order was the principle of humility before one's betters, and truthfully, her ability to analyse the situation was limited.

"But...actually identifying illusions is outside my area of expertise. I am sure the Commodore would not be fooled by such tricks, though."

She reached into the mental plane to transmit her thoughts to her commanding officer and closest friend.

::Commodore, Lieutenant Tazera here,:: she Ideatalked, doubly careful to keep her communication appropriately formal in front of the Rora herself. ::Requesting your assessment of the situation, ma'am.::

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Vezok's Friend 

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Yumiwa | Chiisai Ryuu

"And I would hesitate to doubt my cousin's gullibility as well," I thought out loud. "The only things that makes me cautious is the Fursic schemes against my mother and how this would be a draconically devilish trap to do the same to me. It's obvious the Empire is at a precarious point.

My nerves shivered with trepidation as I considered just how fragile the nation I governed was, how any roadblock could be the death blow to the Empire, and how thin the Umbraline ranks were already. If the Fursic plans—pans within plans within plans—had extended beyond even my imaginations, it was not impossible for them to consider murdering me now in this faraway place and then come from hiding to usurp what was left. And with Toroshu Nera presumably perished at the hands of Desde and a recalcitrant Inokio, that snake Sesseta could well be plotting a vengeance. I'd been fooled too many times already for me not to be afraid.

I swallowed hard and shrugged animatedly, an overtly casual gesture to mask an inward shudder that rolled from my knees up my spine. I was afraid just as much as I was excited. "Anything could be something other than it seems, you know?"

@Ghosthands

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro 

The Skakdi blinked once at the relatively-diminutive figure in front of him.

“I don’t drink... any more.”

Any more. The words were tacked on to the end of his statement at the last second, as far-off sensations of inebriation and vague impressions of revelry trickled into his mind from some far-off memory. He could say with certainty that there had been a time once... he just couldn’t make out when. Or, for that matter, where.

IC: Vilda Mako (Tidalpool Inn)

"Well, I'd be a real lousy clanfellow if I didn't find you somewhere to get your beauty sleep, wouldn't I?" I replied, "I've got quarters on the Chisai Ryuu, but we'll have to see if the accomodations being made for the rest of you are up to snuff"

"Cephala," I continued as I stood up, "it was a pleasure to meet you. Let me know the next time you're in the market for a drinking buddy"

OOC: @Mel @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) 

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Trava-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Tazera nodded.

"Caution would certainly be my recommendation, ma'am."

Somehow it hadn't even occurred to her that the dragon on the docks might be a Fursic creation — amid the mass exodus of the Dasaka people, and the constant surprises of this largely-untamed island, that most treacherous of clans had faded into the periphery of apparent threats. But the Rora was right. The possibility could not be ignored.

• Like 1

IC: Cephala (Tidalpool Inn)

"Mm."  Cephala lurched over the table to scoop up her story stones.  "Pleasure was mine, friend," she said as she refilled her bag.  "Feel free to stop by my hut whenever you feel like another chat!  Eastern docks, right next to the Gardens, little sand circle out in front- you can't miss it."

A thought struck her.  She paused, hand closed around the Makuta stone.  "Actually, wait- would it be all right if I came with you two?  For a little while, at least?  I daresay I'd have an easier time learning about my new neighbors in your company..."

OOC: @Geardirector @Mel

Edited by Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Surdo - Ga-Koro - Streets

“I respect that,” Surdo replied. “Drinking can be a vice, and any man who is able to break out of it is respectable in my eyes.”

He thought for a moment, tapping his chin with the head of his cane.

“So then, perhaps just a meal? There are many fine establishments here in Ga-Koro.”

OOC: @Perp

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)