BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro 

Green. Oh so much green. Green houses, green streets. Green plants. Blue people.

Hmm. That last one didn’t quite follow. But not much about him ever really did anymore. Like that last sentence - he wasn’t supposed to be referencing himself, but he did anyway? Why was that a question. Why wasn’t that one?

Hrmph. It was gonna be another long day, and he really, really did not care for this seaside humidity. It wasn’t good for his spine, much like bullets, or fire. Or the topical cream they’d given him for the burns on his spine in Ta-Koro. Nevertheless, Baszlin strode on through the streets of Ga-Koro, his weapon slung across his back and his knife sheathed on his hip, within reach of his prosthetic hand. One of the few things that was preferable regarding his artificial appendage over flesh and blood: his fingers never twitched like they had before. He was used to having a weapon ready at his disposal, and even just having it stowed and momentarily out of reach unnerved him. Oftentimes he felt he couldn’t sleep unless he was clutching his short blade.

So, his metal thumb looped over his belt, no nervous tic of the other four fingers betrayed the tension as he trudged through the crowd like a field of tall grass.

Except grass was green, like the one he was looking for; these people were mostly blue.

Hmm. Blue, blue, blue, blue with gold, blue with crystal, blue and lighter blue…

Dark orange. And gray. In a coat.

Hm.

The skakdi stopped in his tracks and studied the Matoran. There was nothing particularly remarkable about him, but curiously he held a cane with a decorated head. Squinting, he focused on the ornament and recognized the visage as that of a Muaka. He’d seen the beast on many an occasion whilst roaming through -

Ko-Wahi. He was brought back there suddenly, the cold, icy blast of the mountains almost seeming to batter his bones despite the warm Ga-Wahi weather, the pain in his leg returning for just a moment as the blood trickled out and melted the snow beneath -

And then he was back, but still staring intently at the ornament, and the whole of the implement itself. He’d shrugged off the cane the Ta-Koronan doctors had given him to ease his recovery. It hadn’t really mattered in the end.

He was still staring.

“Hmm.”

OOC: @Tarn

On 10/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, Mel said:

“...I had enough knowledge of the jungle to foil most of those monsters—being a Vilda you learn to listen to all creatures around you.   We could have done a lot worse for ourselves.   In scattered groups we made our way to Sado, found them even more knee deep in rakshi and loosing ground every day.”

“The Empress gave the order, a week or so in—for all those who could to hoist sail and make for Mata Nui.   Many Toroshu came with us, as did the royal family, but some..."

IC: Cephala (Tidalpool Inn)

Pradhai's voice began to fade into the background as Cephala processed this new morsel of information.  An evacuation order?  An entire ruling family leading a mass exodus?  Surely she had misheard the old woman... right?  She couldn't have missed an entire fleet turning up on her doorstep, right?

Slowly, she turned her head to the window.

The harbor was full.

Ships she'd never seen.  Crystal-armored Matoran and Turaga and Toa crowding the streets.

When in the world had this happened?

And for that matter... how many Rahkshi must there have been to force so many people to leave?

(wait what was that about dragons)

"wait what was that about dragons"

I am very good at paying attention yes yes

OOC: @Mel @Geardirector

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Surdo - Ga-Koro

He was beginning to have the feeling someone was watching him. Had the man he was looking for spotted him first? Curious, Surdo studied his surroundings. He wasn’t the paranoid kind, but when your gut spoke to you, you listened.

Eventually his optics settled on a Skakdi amongst the sea of blue beings. Someone who looked like had been through a lot. He certainly stood out at the moment, which made Surdo wonder if he himself was just as obvious. He didn’t recognize him, so the possibility of this one being a past business partner hoping to catch up was unlikely. There was some relief in that, alongside the disappointment he felt that it wasn’t his ”friend”.

Perhaps this gentleman was looking somewhere else. Surdo looked left, then right, trying to keep his movements as subtle as possible. No one was beside, or around him. That confirmed it: the Skakdi was looking at him. Rather than challenge him to a staring match, Surdo cleared his throat and faced him, a faux grin on his face.

“Can I help you?”

OOC: @Perp

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

He opened his mouth but found himself lacking a response, instead looking around himself as if lost. Maybe this Skakdi was the one who was lost, come to think of it. The Fe-Matoran shrugged. “I don’t…kn—I’m sorry. Are you looking for something? Come closer.”

He gestured for the Skakdi to approach him. 

OOC: @Perp

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

On 9/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, Void Emissary said:

So [Daijuno] took a seat at the bar. "Whatever you're giving her, I'll have the same," I said, "and put both on my tab."

IC Zafin Umbraline | Great Takea

Unlike the handmaidens of Clan Herupa who were born and raised to be veritable encyclopedias of Dasaka society and culture and who's life vocation consisted of being all-around advisors for their assigned nobles, Zafin's role as lady-in-waiting was the backup career path. Oddly enough, that almost made her better suited for the job than her predecessor had been, as unlike Herupa Hanapoo (or whatever) who's skill was a matter of trade and as broad as the Yukanna's bulwarks to suit the greatest variety of circumstances , Zafin's abilities were refined to Yumiwa's exact personality and needs and were focused on attending to the then-chojo and now-rora's affairs. Zafin's shrewd attention to detail made her read up and be aware of a specific section of Dasaka society, specifically anything directly relating to her lady, and that in particular included the party sent to Mata Nui on the Chisaii Ryuu

It was because of this specificity, and the liberal honesty Yumiwa promulgated in her ethics and policies, that Zafin quickly realized who it was who had sidled next to her and offered to pay for her tab. A more highnosed noble—such as the Herupa handmaidens who were raised to emulate, if not outright believe, the aloofness of Sado's high nobility—would have seen Daijuno as what she was was instead of who she was, the difference between a 'Hoko worthy of nothing more than licking the fishscales on the sodden heels of highborn boots and a veritable lumber baron of Odaiba. Dastana or not, Daijuno was her own person. Zafin swallowed the pride of being the rora's handmaiden and a cousin to the throne and humbly welcomed Dajuno's offer without any protestation.

"With gratitude, Dasatana Daijuno," she said, wondering if Daijuno's loyalty to the Crown was still in earnest, having left Kentoku before the cold civil war had broken out and Dastana allegiances become self-focused.

The Skakdi named Rhow served the brew and allowed her to take the sip first. “Over from Mt. Mangai brewery. Guess you gotta come up with some good drinks to compensate for living inside a volcano. ... So... what’s up with all the side eye me ‘an my crew have been getting from you and yours? We step on some toes in a past life?”

"Not you, personally," Zafin said honestly, "but people of your kind—Skakdi, six of them in all, one green, one red, one blue, one brown, one white. We branded them the Chaotic Six and knew they came to this land after creating havoc in our home. We'd kill them if we found them, which we haven't... yet."

She took another swig of the ale, liking its bitter hoppiness. "You are kind, though."

@Vezok's Friend @Pteronura Brasiliensis 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:08 AM, Tarn said:

On 10/4/2021 at 6:39 AM, Snelly said:

On 10/4/2021 at 11:12 PM, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC Umbraline Yumiwa | Great Takea

Nale looked puzzle, briefly, then glanced down at her armor. “Oh. No, Miss, uh, Your Highness ma’am. Magnetism.” She rubbed the back of her neck. “I just…happened to be visiting today and, well, here I am.”

"And here I am," I said with an almost lamentous tone and gave a weak smile. "A pleasure to meet a fellow azure non-water lady."

Eita bowed again to Yumiwa. "Thank you, Rora, I appreciate your kindness," he said. He glanced at Lekua, then back to the Empress, then to Lekua again. "You... already know each other?"

"We do indeed, in a sense," I said, nodding to Lekua again. The full story was not worth getting into, and one I didn't have all that much fondness for in the first place, but it was sufficient enough to state that we'd met previously. It was just over a quick afternoon tea, and Lekua was one of a set of Matoran who had somehow come to be in Kentoku from a portal's maw, and the meeting was brief as it only took as long as necessary to acquaint myself with the small retinue and their mysterious presence in my realm. Before our pot of tea had cooled down, the meeting was over, Uncle Ray collecting his wards and I being pulled in an opposite direction, each unaware that our fates were irrevocably intertwined somehow and that they—along with my uncle—would awake a sleeping avatar and unwittingly release devastation on our lands.

"We have shared tea before."

I could not fault them for doing what they believed was right but I did not understand their motives, try as I had at hearing their story, or comprehend what evils they had unleashed. My anguish was tempered immensely by sensing their own confusion, and remorse, and I knew we were like ships in dead wind at sea, at the mercy of stronger tides. 

And then Arisaka walked into The Great Takea. Well, it was more like she slammed the doors open as she came in, apparently dramatic entrances were the thing to do in Mata Nui and she was trying to learn their culture still. Her eyes found Yumi and she immediately gave her a bow. "My Rora, it is good to see you well after all this time." 

"Umbraline Arisaka!" I greeted in kind and my thin smile turned broad with glee at seeing my clan-cousin alive and intact. "I'm glad to see you are fine, clan-cousin. Tell me—have you been giving the commodore trouble or have you been handling her trouble?"

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa
  • Like 2

IC: Arisaka - Ga-koro - Great Takea -

"Mostly the latter." Arisaka could feel the slightest smirk on her lips. Arisaka had subtly adjusted to a more relaxed posture and demeanor in order to mimic the Rora's current behavior and mood. Clearly Yumi was trying to have a good time and get to know the locals, and Arisaka wouldn't get in the way of that. 

"How is Ga-koro treating you so far? It has taken some time getting used to this place myself, and I'll admit I still don't fully grasp the way of life here." 

OOC: @~Xemnas~@TL01 NUVA@Mel@BBBBalta@Caedast @Pteronura Brasiliensis @Vezok's Friend

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Shifting his gaze left and right across the sea of Toa, Matoran, and miscellaneous, the Skakdi waded through the crowd until he was only a couple stride-lengths away from the dull-orange being - probably a little closer than one would consider to be comfortable distance to converse. He found it peculiarly odd to look down so sharply when addressing someone, but did nothing to rectify it.

“Yes, I am looking for something...” he murmured, lazily scratching his chin with his non-mechanical hand, before correcting himself. “Someone.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, BULiK said:

IC: Quoribay [Forsi]

So, there I was - a regular spy, with Po-Koro's goons none the wiser. Thinking up the biggest score of my life. Yeah, I always had the stash if i needed it, but I wanted more, y'know? Sometimes when you're this good you need a bit of danger to up the stakes again.

Thanks to my new best friend, Mr. Wire, I knew the rotations for the guards at the docks, and there was some mighty interesting stuff moving through. Like, stuff you'd never heard of before. Top secret stuff. Being sent to Forsi for final testing, probably to get out of the public's eye. Yeah, I know, right?

That was what I was looking for. This gig was bigger than anything the island had seen in a while, and better yet, it was mine. But even I needed help to pull of something of this scale.

So that's why, after wiping my place down for prints and taking any notes I had with me, I took a ferry down to Ga-Koro.

OOC: Quoribay to Ga-Wahi

IC: Quoribay [Ga-Koro, Dockyards]

Even before I crossed the bay into Ga-Koro proper, it was hard to miss the new fleet.

See, I'd heard of these mindreaders even before most of you lot - I'm in the know, so I didn't even need a quick rundown. But nobody told me they were ALL coming over. I tried to ignore the thought of them somehow mucking up my master plan. Luckily, none of the foreigners were on the ferry I took to Ga-Koro, where I was meticulously taking notes on my master plan, in the way that I do. The ride was short and uneventful, so I'll skip to the part where it began to go sideways, where entropy ran amok for better and for worse.

So I was making my way towards the gate that anchored floating village to the shore (geez do I hate choke points, I can't even go into that right now). Little ol' me, just, y'know, strollin' down those lilypad lanes, minding my own business, and then the funniest thing happened...

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Vilda Mako (Tidalpool Inn)

::I'm not giving up hope just yet:: I remarked on the mental plane to Pradhai's comment about our dear old Toroshu. If she was in close proximity to these... creatures for an extended period, anything was possible. At least she wasn't here.

Cephala seemed out of sorts, about as much as I felt but was keeping a lid on.

"Kanohi Dragons," I explained, "magnificent, dangerous, ferociously powerful. A sight to stay with you for life" I exposited. I had only seen the creatures once, but meant every word.

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Mel

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [Ga-koro, The Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
“Almost was the sight to end your life, for us,” Pradhai said.  “I do hope not all of them fell under the sway of that demon.”

::I was never fond of Relisai either.:: She replied to Mako.  ::The castle seemed…different, when she ascended.  But I can only hope she’s as good at handling those things as she thinks she is.::
OOC:  @Geardirector @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
IC: [Ga-koro, Outer Village(Talli)]
Nodding to the toa and the Skakdi, Talli began walking towards the fisherwoman’s district.   They’d probably turn heads where she was going, but at least the Skakdi was a small one.

OOC: @Rahisaurus @Onaku

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Timak, Ga-Koro Outer Village

The lanky grey Toa thinks absent-mindedly about their recent history (all 30 minutes of it) and wonders about their forgotten past, whilst ambling along behind the the two shorter ones, feeling suddenly out of place in the small group. Standing a head taller than Zadred and a good bit more than the other, Timak feels themselves slouching to compensate, trying - ineffectively - to avoid sticking out too much as they pass through the village.
They decide to soften the awkward situation with some attempted small-talk.

"So uhm.. " Timak immediately trips up as they realise they don't know the Ga-Matoran's name, " uh... Miss... " gesturing open-handed to her and smiling, " I don't think I caught your name? But I was wondering what you do around here on a normal day. ".. they look down toward the Skakdi, "Same goes for you, Zadred, I suppose?"

ooc: @Onaku @Mel 

Edited by Rahisaurus

Demon...

Well, she wasn't any closer to knowing what a Kanohi Dragon was (besides Big News, apparently), but that word was loaded.

"When you say 'demon'..."

Please don't say Makuta.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: [Ga-koro, The Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]

“Some people say it was Zataka herself, come to make the islands hers…but I don’t know.”  Pradhai set her glass down, drumming on the table thoughtfully.  “I made brief contact with that intelligence—it was massive and malevolent, nothing about it was concerned with the balance Zataka is supposed to keep with Zuto Nui.”

“Frankly, I don’t know.   You have any experience with demons like that?”

OOC: @Geardirector @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

IC: [Ga-koro, Outer Village(Talli)]

“Talli.   I fish.”  Well, I do now.

“And don’t call me miss.”

OOC: @Rahisaurus @Onaku

• Like 3

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC: [Rhow - Ga-Koro, The Great Takea]

The Skakdi looked at the Dasaka, eyebrows raising slightly in surprise at the compliment, then she broke into a guttural chuckle and turned to face Destian.

“You hear that, Desty? Kind! I think you owe me some widgets!”

She glanced back at Zafin with a grin and winked.

“No more: ‘Rhow, you make a bad first impression, you scare the punters away’! Ha! Time to pay up!”

She let her laughter subside, then turned her attention fully back to their guest from far away. 

“Anyway, your chaotic six, I heard of ‘em. They’ve been on the loose here too. Bloody Piraka, the lot of them. So what havoc have they visited upon ye to have an entire people wanting them caught?”

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Pteronura Brasiliensis

IC: [Leah - Ga-Koro]

“No worries Timak, I’ll be around. And if you can’t find me right away, come by Akiri Hahli’s office, or Turaga Nokama’s hut - “ here the Maru pointed at a comparatively large building, centrally located on the villages’ largest platform “- or the big Kaukau, northside of the bay.”

She saluted the newcomer Toa of sonics, Zadred and Talli and then headed for the Akiri’s place herself. As she walked, Matoran and others paused in their tracks, staring at the dead Rahkshi. Especially the Dasaka that had started to explore their host’s Koro reacted with surprise and shock.

A few moments later, she arrived at the Akiri’s hut and let herself in, pushing the door open with a quickly summoned tendril of water. Once past the threshold, she squatted down and let the Rahkshi slide off her shoulders and slump on the floor. Then she stood, and waited for Hahli.

OOC: @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl @ARROW404 @Rahisaurus 

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

A bit too close. The Fe-Matoran cleared his throat again, now finding himself staring directly up at the Skakdi. He decided not to say anything, but did take a step back for his own sake.

“Then we share a similar interest,” Surdo replied, stroking the head of his cane as he spoke, as if it was a live example of the rahi it imitated. “I am also looking for someone. Surely not the same one as you, but…wouldn’t that be a fine coincidence?”

He let out a chuckle, although it sounded forced. “So, who are they?” He asked, genuinely curious. “An old friend? Someone who wronged you, once? Maybe both…the line between friend and enemy is often blurred by some people.” He threw up a hand. “Ah! But pardon me, I haven’t even introduced myself and here I am, going on. I am Surdo. My friends call me…Surdo.”

Out of the corner of his optic, Surdo caught a glimpse of something. Without looking away from the Skakdi he made a small movement and stuck out the end of his cane slightly from his coat. There was a thud as a second Fe-Matoran, clad in bronze and grey, fell on his face beside the two. Surdo looked down at him.

“And this is my friend Quoribay.”

OOC: @Perp@BULiK

On 10/7/2021 at 2:56 AM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

"And here I am," I said with an almost lamentous tone and gave a weak smile. "A pleasure to meet a fellow azure non-water lady."

IC: Nale - Ga-Koro - Great Takea

“The pleasure is all mine…ma’am.”

With Yumiwa now preoccupied by another visitor, Nale looked to Lekua. She raised an eyebrow. “You had tea together? That’s not a euphemism for anything, is it?”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@TL01 NUVA@BBBBalta@Umbraline Yumiwa etc. i have no idea who's here anymore

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

56 minutes ago, Vezok's Friend said:

A few moments later, she arrived at the Akiri’s hut and let herself in, pushing the door open with a quickly summoned tendril of water. Once past the threshold, she squatted down and let the Rahkshi slide off her shoulders and slump on the floor. Then she stood, and waited for Hahli. 

IC: Kimala

"Feel free to say hello any time, Timak," Kimala said warmly. "All of you included, of course," she added, nodding to Talli and the skakdi whose name she didn't think she had caught.

She was surprised by the forwardness with which Leah entered the hut, but followed without question. Of course Gali's successor would be welcomed without question. She had to appreciated for a moment the honor of having fought with her. The way she dumped the Rahkshi was somewhat irreverent too, though it did look healthy. For her part, she rested one end of the Rahkshi's staff on the ground and rested one hand over the other on the shaft, waiting for the Akiri to address them.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Zadred - Ga-Koro

"I'm an herbalist, I run a shop here whenever I'm in town, though I'm often away in either the greater Wahi, or in Le-Koro and its corresponding Wahi. Lots of different plants to be found on this island, so staying in one place all the time really isn't an option for me." Zadred explained, her staff gently pinging against the platforms as they made their way through the village.

@Rahisaurus@Mel

• Like 1

"To be honest," Cephala said, "I'm still not entirely sure what constitutes a 'demon' in the first place.  Not used to terms like that.  Can't say I'm too familiar with Zataka or Zuto Nui either- I've heard the terms used in passing by some of the folks from your islands, but I've never heard the context..."

IC: Zyla | Ga-Koro

"Yes," Zyla said weakly, moving to lean on the newcoming Dasaka. "I believe I would like ... somewhere to sit ... and perhaps something to ... eat.... A big something...."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

IC: Daijuno | The Great Takea

"Yeah, yeah," I said, nodding along with the bartender who had slid me the drink. "Did I hear right that they had been seen in that great city of ice on the other side of the island a few months back? Ko-something, wasn't it?"

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Vezok's Friend

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Tensing up as he struggled to control himself, his eyes narrowed in conjunction with his prosthetic, which immediately went to the hilt of his knife and gripped tightly, though the blade did not yet peek out from its scabbard.

“How do you know that?! Do I know you?!he growled, just a bit too loud for private conversation.

He didn’t even notice the other Matoran amongst them.

11 hours ago, Tarn said:

Without looking away from the Skakdi he made a small movement and stuck out the end of his cane slightly from his coat. There was a thud as a second Fe-Matoran, clad in bronze and grey, fell on his face beside the two. Surdo looked down at him.

“And this is my friend Quoribay.”

4 hours ago, Perp said:

“How do you know that?! Do I know you?!he growled, just a bit too loud for private conversation.

IC: Quoribay [Ga-Koro, Streets]

There's a common misconception about preparedness. Some say you must be prepared for everything, and I agree. To a degree.

"Expect the unexpected," they say.

A perfectly reasonable adage. If you're a Matoran who wants to get caught.

What they don't tell you is that the fastest way to end up in a jail cell is to get someone's attention, and the fastest way to gain a guard's attention is to look suspicious. So naturally, I pose the question: what's more suspicious than being on the edge, prepared for everything? You take a Ga-Koro marine - nay, the greenest Ga-Koro marine gal possible, with the most civvie of mindsets - and walk in front of that babe while looking over your shoulder while you're trying to expect the unexpected? Say goodbye to your freedom, ####-o.

Right... sorry, forgot about that. Apologies, really. Honest mistake.

Uhhhh as I was - right: 

So, that's why the true professional chooses to let his guard down, because by letting your guard down, you are letting your guard UP (raising your guard up? yeah. raising), and not one of those mindreaders that had been swarming the city that day coulda sensed me on edge because I wasn't. Stannis Maru himself could have stared me down with those dead eyes of his and seen nothin' but the lovable rogue I am - actually, scratch that, he wouldn't see the rogue bit, so... ah, I'll need to rethink that punch line.

Where was I? Sunny day. Clear skies. High humidity. An enormous fleet of women converging on the road ahead of me. Mental shields at one hundo per-cent-ay. Just little ol' me, blending in amongst the crowd in the floating city of sheeple. Clipboard under one arm. Looking like I know what I'm doing because I do. Nobody would think twice about me, and to ensure that, I wouldn't think twice about anyone else. Even thinking once was pushing it, I had to make sure I looked like the average kohlii-headed sports fan from Po-Wahi. I am dedicated to my method method of tradecraft. That's why I allowed myself to take the fall.

If I went full Cirque du Solis to save myself from any potential embarrassment, that would immediately make me suspicious, maybe even lead to one of my signature chase scenes that could compromise the entirety of my fledgling enterprise. I couldn't take such a great risk so early into my greatest operation yet - there simply wasn't enough time for me to lay low to let the heat die down if I saw it coming around that corner. I couldn't risk losing my big chance to make history.

So, if you ever hear that Surdo hooked me off balance with the swirly end of his cane and sent me kissing the lilypad, THAT'S the full context of why I let that happen.

Karz... it was such a surprise at the time to see him, of all people, in Ga-Koro, of all places, at the start of my big job, of all times. Sometimes, I think that I should have taken that as a sign, and walked away then and there. Even a dashing hero such as myself is challenged by fate and the karmic chaos of the gods, and it is exactly those doubts that tempered me from a Matoran of iron to a Matoran of steel.

None of you know how steel is made, right?

Uh.

So.

Anyways.

I picked myself off the reinforced giga-lilypad, shaking my head back and forth to clear it. Give the appearance of recalibrating myself after a fall, like I wasn't ready for it all along. I'll admit, I was blinking my optics and wondering if somehow my audio receptors had been filled with water, because I couldn't believe who I was seeing or what I was hearing. How did he know it was me? Hadn't I changed my disguise since then? New Kanohi, new armor, new paint job. Perhaps my swagger is just too recognizable? Maybe the sad truth is that even a Kanohi Suletu couldn't tarnish a face this handsome. Perhaps my fatal flaw.

As I picked up my clipboard and began to stand up again, I was looking up and darting the focus of my optics between the mother- Ahem, dusterlover, pardon me - and the frankenskakdi, trying to figure out their relation. From the sounds of things at the time, so were they.

"Heyyyy... pal."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Surdo tucked his cane under his arm and raised his hand again, this time defensively. “Woah, there. I just made vague assumptions, if we had met before, I would have remembered.” As he spoke, he carefully and casually slid his other hand into his coat pocket, slipping the brass knuckle inside over his fingers. He doubted he would be able to do much against the larger (more paranoid) Skakdi, but if this conversation turned sour he could at least stun him.

“And you still haven’t given me your name,” Surdo continued, “unless there’s a reason you don’t want to say it.” The Fe-Matoran shrugged. “I understand if you’re secretive like that. Maybe you have a…a codename. A pseudonym.

He looked over his shoulder at Quoribay. Just because he changed his armor, there was no hiding who he was. Although, to be fair, Surdo could have tripped anyone passing by a few times until he got it right. The feeble old man bit paid off in that regard.

“Be with you in a moment, my friend. I’m making a new acquaintance.”

If it was possible to speak in quotation marks, then the ones around “friend” would have been deafening.

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

“Hmm.”

That’s the sound of a man-beast-god in thought (they do that?!). As the Fe-Matoran tried to defuse the tension which had just been ratcheted up, Baszlin began to calculate; the numbers swirling around his head, digits and signs leaping to and fro in some kind of maddening neurotic ballet.

What were the chances that he’d happen upon someone who knew more about himself than he did - just like that, within the first few minutes of setting foot in town? What kind of astronomical odds would those be, on an island as populated as this? That’s what he was trying to find out. Three over seven, multiply that by…

Hmm. Was it adding up? Hard to tell… but oddly enough, it was that mere slip of hand-into-pocket that caught his eye, the subtlety of the motion in which this person armed himself that broke through the turbulent calculus of it all…

Ah yes, forgot to carry the two. It all made sense now.

Carefully, his hand eased the pressure off his knife-handle, the thumb slowly returning to its previous position in his belt. He straightened his back and relaxed his shoulders, the tension in both the air and within his own body dissipating. ‘Blood spilled over long odds’ were words not written in his day planner, should he have had one.

“My name is Baszlin. Why would I have a pseudonym?”

He wondered where exactly he’d learned that word. Pseu-do-nym...

I didn't understand this skak at first - though luckily, logic and reason prevailed (albeit with a sizeable delay, after what I can only assume was maintenance to clear the cobwebs on the ancient gears you could almost hear churning while he thought) and any potential hostilities were averted for the time being. Didn't stop the fingers on my free hand from dancing their way around behind my back.

At the very least, ol' Baz asked a perfectly dumb question that allowed me to pay Surdo's coldness back in kind, while retaining my diplomatic demeanor.

"Well, for example, one reason to have a pseudonym would be so friends-" all that time later, I could still nail the delivery on Surdo's accent, especially with the way he spoke just a second before. "- can keep each other at a healthy distance. Sometimes it's professional courtesy, other times it's great for keeping two groups from awkwardly mixing. Keep work and play separated, y'know?"

Edited by BULiK

IC: Karoru

The Dasaka immediately rested a mailed hand on Zyla's shoulder to steady her.

"Easy there, miss. I've got you. We'll get you fed and somewhere to rest a while, I promise."

She looked down, smiling, the wings and frills of her iridescent Kakama glinting pale blue in the sunlight.

"Name's Karoru. A Lady Daijuno sent me lookin' for you. She said you were friends."

After a pause, she said "If that's true, I'll happily bring you to her. But if she's lying, lemme know. I'll get you something to eat and find you a berth. If she asks where I was, I'll say there was no sign of ya. I know getting in with nobby types can be a bit dangerous at times." another pause. "...an' I've been taken for a ride before. I may not always be the quickest, but I'll not let someone else suffer for it."

OOC: @Void Emissary

• Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

On 9/20/2021 at 3:12 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro]

Ayiwah took a moment, looking around with a glint in her eyes. Then she let out a breath, squared her shoulders and clasped her hands behind her back. The corner of her mouth twitched as a grin spread over her face.

“So tell me...what’s become of my ship?”

IC:

The glide from the slopes of Mount Ihu down to the waters of Naho Bay was neither long nor difficult, now that Aclaraung was able to maintain his focus. Still, where the shock of recognition had left, in its place set in a deep trepidation, one that he couldn't quite place the source of. It wasn't to deal with Xaruthan and Learu; no, he had no doubt that they'd work out their differences, and in time would be receptive to his words again. Certainly he had no worry about the natives of Ga-Koro having a bad reaction to his presence—he'd resided nearby for quite some time after managing to escape from Ignotus and the other Bat-Mystix, and he wasn't involved in their failed attack on Le-Koro, so there shouldn't be any trouble for him there.

No, it was something to do with these...Dasaka.

That word—that name. It shouldn't seem so familiar, it shouldn't even have been in his mind in the first place, and yet it was. And with it came a sense of caution that was beyond how he'd come to think of the natives of this island. Half-remembered thoughts of weaponry, of a lust for metal, of bloodshed. Almost as though these newcomers carried some stench of death with them. His hind claws grasped tighter around the short, protosteel-bladed spear he'd taken from one of the unfortunate criminals that stumbled upon the mountain lair that his kin had carved out.

Perhaps it was to be a gift, for whichever one he ended up speaking with. Or, perhaps, a challenge, a promise for further bloodshed, even without knowing the reason why they brought such thoughts to mind to begin with. Perhaps it would all depend on the reaction of whoever he spoke with, and whatever choice they and their leaders made.

No doubt by this point those in the harbor could see him on his approach; even for those who didn't recognize him from his living near the Koro years before, he would present an unmistakable sight. Not some Gukko, Kahu, or Kewa; no, the neck was too long and serpentine, same with the tail, and the shape was too bulky beyond that, and the scales, reflecting light all around him, were too bright. Now, hopefully calmer heads would prevail, and he could reach his goal—

He circled once, wide around the harbour, taking note of the ships within it, and the many that were simply ferrying their passengers and cargo in to the docks. It didn't take long for one to catch his attention; resplendent in sail, shining almost like himself as light played against the crystal adorning it, and with one figure who made a very commanding presence upon the deck. The only trouble was that there was no easy landing, between it, the other ships and smaller boats around it, or the wood and lilypads that made up the docks and village surrounding it, which were completely inundated with all manner of people.

Hmmph. I hate water landings.

Aclaraung turned in to a dive, drawing his wings in slowly, letting them catch just enough air to slow him down. He didn't want to break his neck on impact with the water, or dive straight to the bottom—though he knew that at those docks, the water could be surprisingly deep. Once he drew his wings in fully, he disappeared into the water with a splash, a far more graceful dive than when he'd shot into a snowbank like a speeding bullet earlier that day. Anybody watching would see through the clear waters as he passed beneath the Yukanna's multiple hulls, before hauling himself atop the docks as many of the others cleared a path for the giant creature that had just decided to land in their midst.

He set the spear before himself, at the end of the gangway, while he fixed his eyes on the decorated one aboard the vessel.

"Dasaka," he called to her, conveying no outward surprise at how...uncomfortably familiar the word felt on his tongue. He hated not knowing things, most of all about himself. "I request an audience with you."

• Like 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: [Ga-koro, East Fishery District(Talli)]
The town was teaming with new arrivals, matoran in odd crystal armor and toa in strange clothing, but Talli, even now that she was a bit of a recluse, had never been uneasy with crowds of people.   Lots of people meant safety—it was empty streets that rang in her head.

Eventually, the crowds gave way to the familiar blue armor of the people she knew, shrimp trawlers hauling their catches, greenhouse workers returning home from a long day of work.  She had the toa and the skadi wait while she dropped her catch off at the fertilizer manufacturers and washed the slime off her hands.

The seaweed shack she lead them had no name that her companions could read, only a lantern filled with red glowfish to designate it.   A few fishermatoran stood at the chairless counter, consuming bowls of fragrant fish stew and chatting to themselves.   All eyes turned towards the trio, including that of the older ga-matoran behind the counter.

“Talli!” He greeted her, deep turquoise eyes twinkling.  “What’s this?  Finally got yerself a boyfriend again?”

Talli rolled her eyes at his chortling.  “Can it, uncle.  They’re new—I’m showing them around the real part of town—you got any empanadas?”

He scratched his neck.  “”Fraid not, lassie.  Tall, dark, an’ handsome over there wasn’t the only newcomer around these parts today.  Bunch o’ glittering ladies speakin’ all official like—they liked the empanadas though.   Everyone likes empanadas.”

“So what have you got then?” she replied flatly.   Normally, she would have liked to listen to some of the local gossip but with her entourage in two she wanted to eat and get them to a place where she could listen to them.

“I can rustle yeh up some fried plantains to go with the soup, and there’s a bit o' yucca bread.”

“That’s fine.”

Talli took the wide metal cups of fish stew, handing one each to Timak and Zandred.   Chunks of fish and cassava mingled in a herb broth, topped with sharp-smelling picked onions.

OOC: @Onaku @Rahisaurus

• Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: Zyla | Ga-Koro Shore

Lady Daijuno?

Despite her weakness -- or perhaps because of it -- Zyla couldn't help but laugh at that. Goddess, if only Daijuno could have been around it hear it. Zyla couldn't say whether she would have crowed or had a conniption. Perhaps both, in sequence.

"No worries, ma'am," Zyla said, reaching up to grab hold of the menti's wrist for support. "I know the ... lady Daijuno. But ... if it is the same to you, I would perhaps enjoy that meal and that berth ... and, perhaps, a bath before I meet with her."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

-Voi

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Timak, Ga-Koro (East Fishing District)

Nearing the shop, as the crowds around them became more consistently short and blue, Timak began to feel more and more like a fish out of water... which was ironic, given present company. They took in the sights, smells and sounds of the local trade. Mostly the sounds. Their attention flitted from the unique tramping noise of matoran feet on lilypads, to the lapping of the sea against the leafy boardwalks, to the odd slopping noise of Talli's catch as she turned in her spoils. Lots of wet sounds here. Timak supposed that made sense.

Approaching the stall with the red lantern, they found themselves drawn in by the scent of stewed fish. Timak couldn't remember the last meal they had, and right now they couldn't imagine anything better than digging into whatever produced that delicious aroma. They came close to the stall, standing right behind Talli to the point of almost touching, bent forward and curiously taking in all the details. Their looming silhouette clearly caught the attention of the shopkeeper.

“Talli! What’s this?  Finally got yerself a boyfriend again?” said the elder matoran. Timak straightened, muttering "Oh, I'm not a... uh", glancing between Talli and her friend while the conversation continued, then stepping back and looking to Zadred, watching her face for a reaction, in an effort to avoid the cook's eye contact. The words "Tall, dark an' handsome", however, cut through this defence like a hot knife through butter, and being at a complete loss, Timak simply sat right down on the spot.

At least now they weren't the tallest one in the group, they thought, as they stared ahead at a blank patch of lilypad, blushing furiously.

Being handed the cup of stew snapped them out of the stupor, though. They gazed up at Talli, offered a quiet but genuine "Thank you" and took the bowl eagerly. They sipped at the broth, all cares melting away in the warm, salty yet aromatic goodness that flowed from the cup, and started to relax. Happily sitting there on the floor in the middle of a crowd of strangers, eyes lost in the mixture of fish chunks and herbs swirling around the bowl.

ooc: @Mel @Onaku 

Surdo glared at Quoribay out of the corner of his optic. “Right…psuedonyms are a safety tactic, at times. It’s good to keep certain people at arm’s length.” He pulled his hand out of his pocket, the brass knuckle inside staying where it was, and took hold of his cane again. He tapped it against the ground a couple times to bring attention to himself. “But I have no such need for false names and identities. Everyone has always known me as Surdo. My name is public knowledge, and I welcome any sort of notoriety that comes with.”

Something flashed in his optics. “Ah! Speaking of names, you finally told me yours,” he said, gesturing to the Skakdi before him. “Baszlin. Good name.”

The Fe-Matoran glanced at Quoribay. He was lucky to have run into him so soon, and even luckier to come across this Skakdi. “Tell me, Baszlin—if I approached you with an offer, would you take it?”

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Can you believe this guy? Most people couldn't.

But you know me - I'm not most people.

Well, yeah, when you say it like THAT it doesn-

To go Karz, and get me a fresh Salamander's while you're there.

Ahem. Sorry. As I was saying, he asked Baz a question, and Baz answered. I was kinda curious about the answer of that question myself, at the time.

Edited by BULiK

IC Yumiwa | Great Takea

“The pleasure is all mine… ma’am,” Nale said. I nodded back.

"Mostly the latter." Arisaka could feel the slightest smirk on her lips. Arisaka had subtly adjusted to a more relaxed posture and demeanor in order to mimic my current behavior and mood. "How is Ga-koro treating you so far? It has taken some time getting used to this place myself, and I'll admit I still don't fully grasp the way of life here." 

"In the day that I've been here so far, I have found the Matoran and their city to be charming and welcoming—which is the exact sort of respite my people require. Akiri Hahli has been most gracious, indeed, and I am grateful for our alliance..." I stopped, catching myself upon realizing I was letting my politician self enter the chat too heavily for my current company. These were subjects and family members, not dignitaries and administrators, and I could see Arisaka's posture shift again to meet my increasingly straighter spine and formal tone. Reel it in, Yumi. 

"I've had local sake and bubble tea so far and look forward to experiencing Mata Nui cuisine as well soon enough. Not hungry right now, but soon. What differences have you uncovered between our cultures, clan-cousin?" I asked. 

With me seemingly now preoccupied by Arisaka, Nale looked to Lekua and raised an eyebrow. “You had tea together? That’s not a euphemism for anything, is it?”

Lekua winked back. “Don’t worry about it.”

They thought I was too distracted to pay them heed, but not enough to disconnect entirely. "Um, yeah, no..." I gasped in horror between glances back at Arisaka. "Just tea."

@Snelly @BBBBalta @Tarn

IC Zafin | Great Takea

She let her laughter subside, then turned her attention fully back to their guest from far away. “Anyway, your chaotic six, I heard of ‘em. They’ve been on the loose here too. Bloody Piraka, the lot of them. So what havoc have they visited upon ye to have an entire people wanting them caught?”

"Yeah, yeah," Daijuno said, nodding along with the bartender who had slid me the drink. "Did I hear right that they had been seen in that great city of ice on the other side of the island a few months back? Ko-something, wasn't it?"

"They still live?" the lady said, alarm once again seeping into her tone. "And are here?" It was troubling to Zafin that the Chaotic Six persisted still and were somehow allowed, in whatever way, on Mata Nui. These were the same beings who had totally destabilized things back on Sado and caused suffering beyond the death and injury to individuals. "These beings, they were chaos personified to us. They used our naïveté and betrayed our trust, shattered our perceptions of life outside our homelands, and heartlessly murdered and mutilated several of our people. Needless to say, they are criminals in the eye of our Courts."

She tilted her head. "I am somewhat surprised to hear you have not heard the stories about them yet, given that multiple Dasaka diplomatic members have been here for a while now. Have they been tight-lipped, or have paths not crossed?"

@Vezok's Friend @Pteronura Brasiliensis @Void Emissary

• Like 3

IC: Daijuno | The Great Takea

"From what I understand -- and correct me if I'm wrong here, miss," I said, nodding towards Rhow, the bartender, "but it seems like ###### like that happens fairly regularly around these parts. By Taka's boudoir portraits, you know what happened to our little group of 'Dasaka diplomatic members' on the first day -- the first day! -- that we got here? We ended up having to fight off some lady who looked like her father had been a ###### fikou spider, who tried to sic us with these giant parasitic worms!"

While I was saying this, I had been pulling a cigar out of my case and slicing one end off with my dagger.

"You're not in Kentoku anymore, ma'am," I said, slipping the other end into my mouth. "Y'gotta try harder to get into the morning's headlines, here."

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Vezok's Friend

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Zafin | Great Takea

"Perhaps that is the case, Dastana Daijuno..." the lady said, then her face hardened.

"But... you were there when the Chaotic Six ravaged and raqed through the Sado, weren't you? You haven't forgotten when they hored and murdered indiscriminately in the city, treating Menti and Dashi alike as through they were ragdoll toys as they went about flinging their corpses into the streets with catapults made of whatever they found, have you? Surely the insult of their wanton destruction of the Markets, setting both flesh and fiber aflame and reducing one of what was probably your shipments of fine ebony to slag with their acid, has not faded from your memory. When they scuttled the flotilla at dock and fought our people for fun and bloodlust alone like holograph game characters in a made-up world.

"Whether what is 'normal' here is different from our orderly world, that does not diminish the suffering we have felt or the gravity of the justice sought." She took a long sip of her ale, aware of the quiet that fell at the bar. "Or do you disagree?"

Siiiip.

"Good ale."

@Void Emissary

IC, Eita: Ga-Koro

Eita chuckled a little at Lekua and the Rora's words. "...what were we talking about again?" he asked aloud. "We were comparing our deities... oh, right, I remember now. So, Lekua, what were you doing in the Archipelago? And how did you get there in the first place?"

OOC: @BBBBalta @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Umbraline Yumiwa and whoever else I'm forgetting

IC: Vilda Mako (Tidalpool)

"Zuto Nui and Zataka. It's who we pay our respects to when things go well, and get mad at when they don't, respectively" I responded with a hint of a smirk.

"We believe they're two sides of the same drago-err... widget? Either way, they're both necessary, you can't have one without the other, is the idea"

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Mel

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...