BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

On 10/7/2021 at 2:22 AM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

"I may have said something about the Dark Walk needing a sweep. Ah, so, coffee... or tea? Both are black. It's PYOM*, unfortunately."

*provide your own mug

IC: Ra'lhen -- Po-Koro, Renaka's Home

The Toa of Lightning couldn't help but leave his gaze on the two kettles. Though he had no mug to drink out of anyway, his attention was more on the atypical metamorphosis that took place before him. He assumed it was connected to whatever power laid within that distinctly-shaped mask that Stannis was wearing.

"How does that... even work?" Ra'lhen asked.

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa @Silvan Haven

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

"Erm... well, I only really just arrived on the ship so I'm not too familiar with it, but judging by the tour I was given earlier, the hold seems like it's pretty out of the way. People probably won't be heading down there unless they need to get something. Then again, it might be worth asking around." Tirokk slowly stood back up to his feet, stretching a bit again before offering Noka a hand up.

@Wotz

IC:

Their approach to the platform woke Krayn up long before the whistle. Not that it had been a particularly restful sleep to begin with. Catching some rest where he could and when he could was long habit from a career of stakeouts and extended journeys. To close his eyes and sleep, enough to rest but lightly enough to wake on a second's notice, was a skill like any other he had attained in his time as one of Le-Koro's officers. It gave him a perspective a little different from that of some of his peers; may of them seemed to be soldiers first, police second, and investigators never. The Gukko Force was Le-Koro's defender just like any other Koro but Krayn himself was an investigator. He turned facts over in his mind, put pieces together to see what fit and what didn't. It was a different point of view than he suspected Skyra held. She may have had all the subtlety of a hammer— and she definitely did— but it was an attitude tailored to the job she held. 

Or, he amended, had held. It wasn't lost on him that he didn't see any rank insignia on her right now. 

From within that light, dreamless sleep his mind had continued to work. Assembling pieces that Dorian had provided and fitting them into the things that he had already known about the island. Reevaluating things that he had believed in light of them. And above all else the threat of Makuta's return and what needed to happen in light of it. He wasn't any happier but he was calmer. More focused. For the last few minutes before they pulled up to the platform he kept his eyes closed, flipping a widget slowly and deliberately between his fingers. They only opened when it came time to disembark, quietly and thoughtfully.

Who would've thought Dorian liked to sing.

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

8 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

IC: Noka (Fowadi Gym)

"Then it looks like I'll have to take a trip down to the hold later to try out this 'meditation' you just taught me." She took the Toa's hand and rose to her feet, then added cheerfully, "Don't interrupt me!"

The Po-Matoran picked up a dumbbell. "Now, though, the Routine is waiting."

IC: Skyra Daring - Po-koro - Train Station -

I stretched my limbs as I stepped out of the train. That had been a good power nap, but now I needed to wake myself up. I did some stretches as I waited for everyone to get off the Iron Mahi.

"Hmmmm...I wonder if I'll find any weapons on sale..." I had admittedly been building up quite an arsenal, even so I was still looking for new and unique weapons I had yet to collect. I figured the more weapons I could train with and master the better. It never hurt to learn new skills and become more versatile. 

Heck, maybe I'd get lucky some day and find a weapon that would make even Makuta #### his pants. 

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Dorian stood between Praggos, Skyra, and her new plushie, spinning his train whistle in his right palm. He looked like he was trying to come up with ways to do tricks with it. 

"I probably shouldn't be walking into a gun store," he mused out loud. "I'll meet you guys at Sentinel headquarters. Buy me something pretty, Sky, you know what I like. Praggos, you hungry? I'm buying."

-Tyler

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: [Kohra - Po-koro, Streets]

“Now that you mention it…” Kohra started, then winced once more as her stomach tightened uncomfortably. But this time more from hunger than from pain. “I...can’t recall when I last ate at all. Maybe we can find something on the way to this...Mahi?”

The Vortixx kept looking at Datrox, this time a bit puzzled.

“I...I don’t know why you’re so willing to help me, but it is...kind. Thank you.”

OOC: @Tarn

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

"Alrighty, one scavenged weapon's stock coming up!" I answered with jocularity matching that of my esteemed colleague. Or so I would have him believe at the very least. With newly scribbled note in hand I went back to my corner of the workshop.

It was ultimately a question of preference. We weren't suffering budget constraints or strict regulations. Otherwise you can be most assured I wouldn't be working here.

How exactly I went about procuring the weapon's wooden stock is best left to the imagination. Either way, I had one ready soon enough.

OOC: @Perp

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Dehkaz [Po-Koro, Iron Mahi Station]

The toa of Magnetism nodded in acknowledgement, emerging from the doors of the mechanical transport to step out onto the loading platform. Unlike the one which they had embarked from a few hours earlier, Po-Koro's station was partially enclosed in a large roofed building, the seamless blend of stone and iron in its construction harkening to the advancement the Koro had undergone.

"Sure thing," Dehkaz confirmed, scanning the crowd for a moment before returning his gaze to the assembled group of toa, "We'll see you both there."

Pausing a moment to tilt his head over to one of the station's exits, Dehkaz spoke to Skyra and Krayn, "This way, I've got a a decent place for you two to do some shopping; not too far actually."

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

While Skyra might have hoped that I spent the entirety of the trip agonizing over what a plimbo was supposed to be, somewhere along the line between dealing with her, Dorian, and Utu, I'd managed to learn the skill of just not thinking about certain things. A skill I put to use and just watched out the window while Dorian quietly sang to himself...though perhaps it could be better said that the one thought was simply replaced with another.

I still can't believe that the decided to call me the roadie while we were on that canoe.

Of course, before long we were in Po-Koro, and I had to leave the comfort of the train behind for the sweltering desert heat. Time to get back to melting.

At least it didn't seem like I'd have to do anything official or important. "Lead the way, Dorian."

As long as they've got something cold to drink, I'd follow you into Karzahni.

• Like 3

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Lumune - approaching Po-Koro from the Southwest

Idas was restless, she could tell. He knew they were going to society today. "It won't be for long," she assured him, despite knowing he couldn't understand a word of Matoran, but hoping undertainly that her tone at least might soothe him a little. But to be honest, in the couple of weeks they had had together, she still hadn't quite learned how to read him. All she knew was he had her back, and she had his stomach, really. But so far that had been enough. They had come to Po-Koro four times now to sell her catches. The first, he had refused to approach the city beyond its appearance on the horizon. The second, he came closer, and closer still the third, and the fourth time he was willing to wait within view. That was ideal, she thought. A Rock Lion too close to the walls of Po-Koro would only mean trouble.

Idas's gait slowed the closer they got, but he followed her right up to the rocky canyon walls of the city. There was nobody on this side, this far from any of the entrances, but it wouldn't be hard for someone to come around from the bazaars stretching out the gates and stumble upon a lion. She opened up the bag hanging from the lion's shoulder and took out a sign, then placed it against the wall.

"My name is Idas. I won't bother you if you don't bother me."

Hopefully that would keep him out of trouble. Next she untied the three blindfolded Dikapi she had lashed to him, and wondered how she had ever managed without a pack animal before. He didn't seem to mind the arrangement, as long as it was temporary. She unburdened him of the rest of her bags and set those against the wall too, just shouldering her own satchel, then turned to head toward the nearest entrance to the city, the leads of the Dikapi in hand, and shortsword at her hip. Her spear she left with the rest of her baggage. Nobody would mess with it with a lion standing guard.

OoC: Lumune and Idas open for interaction.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

On 10/14/2021 at 11:46 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"I'm a wizard."

"Well if you're so magical then surely we can get some cups around here?" the Toa replied. He knew something would be to be "given up" for that to work though. And Ra'lhen wasn't sure what he was willing to sacrifice. 

"How many mugs do you think this sword could yield?"

OOC: @Silvan Haven

Edited by Emzee

IC Stannis | Po-Koro, Akiri's home

The Wanderer's eyes paused abruptly on Ra'lhen. A smart one, that, he admitted to himself, wondering why the former Ronkshou wasn't a more prolific soldier for Makuta considering his mental senses were far keener than Plimbo the Black Magnet and his abilities surely better suited for a commander. The answer came to him just as suddenly in a dawning clear as the sky when he recalled that Makuta was a slavedriver, and disciples with too expert faculties were a threat as a tool too sharp could bite back at the owner's knuckles, so even the sharpest minds were dulled in the darkness' service.

"Probably as many mugs as you can pilfer from the honorable Renaka's cabinets," he said in a serious tone but as a joke. "Over there."

@Silvan Haven @Emzee

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa
  • Like 2

IC:

Dehkaz led them towards the exit and Krayn nodded his head at the departing former Mark Bearers in farewell. He thought about commenting himself, but they would all be meeting back up before too long. Returning to Po-Koro was taking up his attention anyway. It felt like a lifetime since he had last spent any time in the village. It wasn't unpleasant to be back in the village that had become a second home to him but it was a different experience. A lot had changed in so little time. 

Not least of all, apparently, the village itself.

The heat that slammed into his face was expected, but not the smell of flowers. The air wasn't any cooler but it wasn't nearly as dry as he remembered and as his eyes adjusted to the sunlight he understood why. Plants were everywhere and the soft sound of running water reached his ears. He blinked in surprise, surveying his surroundings, and chuckled softly in amazement. Whatever he thought of Hewkii, whatever he might yet think of Renaka, he had to admire the effort and skill that went into turning the dry, barren Village of Stone into a verdant oasis. Dehkaz gave him a briefly questioning look but he shook his head, lightly waving away the question implied in his gaze. He spent the trip with his head on a swivel to take in the changed Koro around him and, where he could, understand how it had been done as well.

Dehkaz wasn't wrong about their trip, though; it took them scarcely a few minutes to reach the door to their destination. Something about the amusement in the Fowadi's captain's face made him vaguely uneasy, enough to make sure to focus on reducing the sound reaching his ears even more, but he pushed the door open and stepped inside while holding it open for his friends.

"Good afternoon?"

@Geardirector@Perp

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Skyra Daring - Po-koro -

I gave Dorian a thumbs up as he and Praggos left. "No worries, I'll make sure you're the prettiest Toa on the island!" That was a Daring Promise™

Once we really set off I got a good look around at Po-koro, it had changed quite a bit since I'd last seen it, more than I expected. While the sun was still as glaring and unbearable as ever, the landscape of the city itself seemed to be full of life and vibrance. Nowhere near the level of life you'd find in Le-koro but it wasn't bad.  

I entered the shop as Krayn held the door open, and I immediately gawked at all the various weapons and gadgets I saw before me. "Well hello!" 

I felt like a kid in a candy store, I practically ran up to what looked like a pistol of some kind and looked it over. "Well this is interesting..." 

@Perp @Geardirector

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

"Dibs! I got this" could be heard shouted from further inside the complex.

A noice of some sort of contraption being triggered was heard next, and then the esteemed clientele saw the grappling hook shoot up into the room from said area in the back, and it forthwith disgorged yours truly attached to a zipline that sent him flying across the room and elegantly faceplanting the counter from which customers were usually to be served.

Having gotten to my senses, and taken my spot I immediately addressed myself to the obvious enterprising star of the group, the green Toa who was already inspecting some of the hardware.

"Madame, I can tell you've got impeccable taste. It is indeed very interesting, that's our trade and sole joy in the world, the means to make life interesting.

It was then I realized that I actually recognized one of the number, and remembered how we had last met. Apparently I was beginning to build a reputation for appearing by Volo Lutu when people were after me. 

"Dehkaz!" I called out, throwing out my arms, including the one that still had a discharged grapnel attached to it, "we really must stop meeting like this"

OOC: @Snelly @sunflower @Krayzikk @Perp

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

Farzan had barely handed the wooden furniture he’d been commissioned to produce over to Jokaro before his attention was pulled away (get it?) by a gaggle of customers entering the Emporium. The Po-Matoran barely looked up from his work, totally engrossed in his craft. The launcher was coming together - with a little more tinkering and the furniture in place, the V2 would soon be ready for its second trial.

“Hm? Oh, ‘kay. Lemme know if you need a hand. Or to chase off any vagrants,” he grumbled.

• Like 1

IC: Dehkaz [Tech Emporium]

The toa of Magnetism greeted the lanky inventor with a nod, before turning to indicate the one of his traveling companions who hadn’t immediately made for deeper into the gadget-filled building with a tilt of his head.

Farzan, this is Krayn, he’s a good friend of mine, and he’s in the market for some gear. I have a good stash of equipment back on the Fowadi, though I think he’s looking for something a bit more… suited to his particular talents. And don’t worry about expense, I’ll cover it.

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

On 10/20/2021 at 8:45 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

"Probably as many mugs as you can pilfer from the honorable Renaka's cabinets," he said in a serious tone but as a joke. "Over there."

Sometimes I really can't tell with you, Ra'lhen thought as he parsed the de facto leader of the Toa Maru's words. 

Ra'lhen's train of thought was then disrupted by a light force placing something into his hands. To his left, the Po-Matoran bodyguard momentarily stood with one eyebrow raised, and then walked away. In Ra'lhen's hands was a classic Po-Koronan style mug.

"Uh, black tea will work" Ralhen said to Stannis.

OOC: @Silvan Haven 

• Like 2

IC:

Skyra took center stage and rather than resent he rather appreciated it.

The shopkeeper— this Farzan— seemed to be A Character himself, greeting Dehkaz enthusiastically and Skyra much the same, and his focus on the other two gave him ample time to consider his surroundings. The diskette rifle, and its smaller siblings, were too new for him to have had a good look at them before. He had seen a few of the standard model before, he had of course seen Dehkaz's, but he had seen them for the first time in Ko-Koro. Dehkaz's, and perhaps Naona's, had been the first but the latter for obvious reasons didn't stick in his memory. He had been a little unconscious. Their craftsmanship was clear and he understood how they could offer advantages over the Patero; rate of fire, for one, even if their projectile range was somewhat less versatile. But there were some issues too. Not in their make. But in their utility to him specifically.

As his eyes roamed the shop he took a few steps further inside, closer to Dehkaz, and nodded politely at the Matoran inventor when he was introduced. Krayn wasn't trying to be rude. He was simply thinking, turning the considerations over in his mind and as he did something clicked back into place. Not perfectly, not permanently, but with the pop of a dislocated limb assuming its rightful place. The rifles were bulkier than he'd like. The capacity was good, as were the two barrels, but the iron sights were unnecessary. And more importantly didn't offer him a tangible benefit. That launcher on the Matoran's wrist, though, had promise; it was especially bulky on the smaller being but it wouldn't be nearly as bad on his own wrist. And they all spoke to a level of technical capacity that could perhaps solve his more particular problem.

A visible smile, very slowly, crossed his face.

"I don't want to let Dehkaz pick up the whole tab if I can help it. But I do have a few particular requests." The Toa drew one of the revolvers from his hip, a motion that might have seemed threatening if not for his finger well away from the trigger and the way he immediately flipped it in his hand. He extended it, grip first, for the inventor to see. "These are perfect. But ammunition isn't easy to come by if you aren't a Toa of Iron. Their effective range isn't perfect, either. I think— hope— one of your rifles might be able to solve those problems, but your standard model isn't quite right."

"These," With his other hand he retrieved a bullet from a pouch at his waist, tossed it in the air, and caught it between two fingers for the Matoran to see. "Are also very loud. That's a bit of an issue for me. Other loud noises, too. Met a Madu Cabolo up close recently and didn't enjoy it. All the experimenting you do in here, and the fact that you can hear, says to me that maybe you and your associate back there can help with that too."

He paused a moment and tilted his head, just a little.

"How's the tensile strength on that grapnel?"

@Geardirector @Perp

Edited by Krayzikk
  • Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium) 

I looked over the revolver that I had graciously accepted without the need to be asked. Nodding in tandem with the Toa explaining his predicament.

This was a customer after my caliber, a man seeking only the best implement of destruction. 

"Hmm? Aaaah, you refer to my little transport here" I surmised, waving the relevant arm to illustrate.

"It's got the strength to carry just about anyone who should wish to use one, this is actually a large model. I like to be prepared for when I need to overcompensate. 

There was a time when a gentleman of your size would actually be too much. It took me a long time to put together a prototype for your size range. Dehkaz was there when it happened, actually. It was quite a day. I had just recovered a widget I'd thrown on the scrap pile by mistake..."

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Skyra Daring - Tech Emporium - Po-koro -

I took one of the diskette pistols and examined it in my hand, glancing towards Krayn as he spoke. The other Toa had brought to my attention something else I was also interested in, a wrist-mounted Volo Lutu Launcher. 

Come to think of it, so far everything in this work shop had caught my interest. Seemed like I was a true adventurer at heart. 

"Not gonna lie I want everything I've seen so far." 

@Perp @Geardirector

IC: Jokaro - Po Koro, Technology Emporium

The din of voices filtering through the open doorway to the Emporium’s storefront occupied only the slimmest sliver of the Po-Matoran’s attention as his hands darted this way and that, picking up tools and parts and slotting them in place, tightening them, trying to fit them into places they weren’t originally meant to go…

So it was no wonder that the prospect of those with potentially large wallets and their widgets flowing into the Emporium entered his conscious mind and were just as quickly forgotten. He had work to do, and this -god- -d###- -bracket- -just- -wouldn’t---

“Come on, you little piece of-”

One of his hands quickly found his mallet, and the mallet thereafter found its target.

bang bang bang bang

...when a...” bang bang bang “...would actually be too much. It…” bang bang “...time to put…” bang bang bang bang “...your size range. Dehkaz…” bang bang bang “...actually. It was quite a day. I had just recovered a widget I'd…” bang bang bang bang bang bang “...by mistake..."

bang bang bang

Ah, finally, it fit.

Edited by Perp
  • Like 2

IC: Lumune - Tech Emporium

The Po-Matoran hesitated at the entrance for a minute. It sounded unusually rowdy in there. Maybe she ought to come back later...? But she had sold her Dikapi already, and gotten the rest of her shopping done, including some treats usually reserved for tamed Kavinika, that she thought Idas might enjoy. He would be getting restless before long, she thought. There was no sense standing out in the heat anyway, so she stepped inside.

Whoa. That was a lot of Toa in one place. Sure they were common nowadays, but this many in a cramped space. She felt really small. She stayed by the door, waiting for the clerk to be free.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Dehkaz [Po-Koro, Tech Emporium]

Dehkaz was about to speak, until the constant clang of some work being done deeper into the Tech Emporium continued even past Farzan's short recount of events. Krayn appeared singularly uncomfortable from the racket, and Dehkaz couldn't blame him. Still, the toa of Sonics was otherwise in good spirits, and he seemed happy enough to engage with the eccentric young inventor when it came to acquiring more than a few gadgets to round out his arsenal. Skyra was busying herself with examining more than a few of the weapons on display, expressing her desire to obtain practically everything she saw. He'd have to remind himself to let her know they had half of the weaponry stowed on the ship already.

"I'll be browsing," Dehkaz excused himself, leaving the two of them to discuss specifics as he made his way further into the shop. While not incorrect, the Fowadi's captain did keep and eye out for any new particularly interesting pieces of technology, he did have other things he wanted to bring to the inventor's attention. In particular the stack of parchment sheets he held under one arm, which he decided to leave on Farzan's desk for him to get to at a later date. Unsurprisingly, said desk was occupied by an assortment of mechanical gizmos and parts, and finding a clear space would be a task in of itself, though the space was also occupied by another matoran who was working on some mechanism of his own.

Dehkaz stopped for a moment, but the matoran appeared to be completely engrossed in his work, and so with a mental shrug, Dehkaz simply placed the stack of parchments down on the desk anyway.

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Without looking up from the nearly-assembled Patero on his desk, nor even shifting his gaze, the blurred shape of someone who was not Farzan walking in, with what Jokaro guessed were a roll of papers tucked under arm, was all it took for the Po-Matoran’s arm to shoot out towards towards the Toa-sized blur, finger extended in an aggressive point. His other hand, meanwhile, was preoccupied with tightening a screw that held part of the V2’s new grip in place.

After a second or two, the hand attached to the pointed finger rolled over, with said finger now beckoning whoever it was over to him in a ‘come hither’ motion.

“Bring those here. It’s about time,  I ordered those new graph papers months ago.”

Still, his attention was (almost) singularly focused on the weapon before him. It was a miracle he even noticed the delivery boy walk in.

• Like 1

Dehkaz's eyebrow raised as the Po-matoran spoke, no, commanded with an upturned finger, still completely engrossed in his work on what now was beginning to resemble a modified pressure launcher. He appeared to be completely unaware, and a bemused smile crept partway across Dehkaz's Kanohi. Well, far be it for him to decline, and so the amused Commander rolled up the stack of parchments once again and stepped over to set them down where instructed.

Dehkaz took a single step back, arms folded across his chest.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

He swept a few of the spare parts on the workbench to the side as the delivery boy trundled over, making room so that he could inspect the goods for himself.

However, when they occupied that very space a moment later, Jokaro realized he had been seriously mistaken.

“What is that??”

His eyes, which had still not broken from the workspace in front of him, scanned the documents - no, schematics - left and right, top to bottom, trying to understand the magnitude of what exactly they depicted. It looked like an oversized… no, it couldn’t be. Impossible.

Finally, his eyes left his desk and stared in amazement, curiosity and heightening excitement, at the downturned face of the not-delivery-boy, as the same finger that was stabbing into the air moments ago, now stabbed at the paper and the intriguing illustrations therein.

“What is that???”

Edited by Perp
  • Like 2

If he was one to, Dehkaz would have certainly laughed at the almost comical look of confusion, surprise, and incredulity that stared up at him from behind the worn Huna. Even so, a chuckle of sorts resonated from within his chest, and he regarded the Po-matoran as he explained, "An idea."

"I've done some initial design and calculation work, but unfortunately I don't have the time, nor the equipment, to explore it further. I figured perhaps you and your associate might find it interesting to do so, Mister…?" Dehkaz continued, letting the rest trail off in question.

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Streets

“Least that I can do,” Datrox replied, turning and beginning to walk down the street in search of a place to grab a bite to eat. “I’m willing to help you because…why not? I’m not the kind of person to cross the street when I come across somebody in a state like yours—but there’s a lot more people out there who would.”

His cloak flowed behind him as he walked. The Toa of Fire was periodically checking behind him to make sure Kohra was still with him, and moving at a pace that wasn’t too slow or too fast. “It’s a good thing we crossed paths, though. Maybe I just had good timing,” he said, smiling a bit.

OOC: Sorry for the wait there, procrastinating on a couple posts turned into mental block. @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC:

"I'll take two, provided you can build one for my left and one for my right." Krayn interjected just as soon as the Matoran stopped for breath. The story of how he had refined the launcher was probably extremely interesting from an engineering perspective, but the truth was he knew them to be on a deadline. If he let the inventor keep talking he had a feeling he'd never stop. Though... He glanced down at his arms, rolled his eyes a little, and held in a laugh. He left behind his coat for the first time in years and then he went and bought launchers he'd want to hide under sleeves. One more stop in the Koro after all. "I understand I could attach it anyway, but I would rather have the mechanisms in the same positions relative to the arm."

While Farzan spoke, and while he listened in on what Dehkaz went to speak to the other Matoran about, he had been eyeing the rifles and thinking. A Po-Matoran came through the door behind him and he gestured politely for her to walk further into the store. 

"I'll also need ear protection, if you can make it. We can talk details on that when you've had a minute to think about it." The De-Toa continued, using a small application of his element to carry his voice clearly to where Dehkaz and the other inventor could hear it as well. Best to have as many perspectives as he could. "For the rifle, though... The iron sights don't do me any good. Mask or not I can hit where I'm aiming without them. And it isn't going to match the revolvers for stopping power in that range, either. I need something with magnification. The magazine placement is too bulky. I understand there's no other way to place it in line with the firing mechanism, so single shot would be fine. For the same reason I would rather have a single barrel than two. If I won't be using a magazine, there's no reason to line up two shots anyway."

"To go with that I need the absolute strongest firing mechanism you can put in." The former officer smiled a lopsided sort of smile and shrugged with one shoulder. "If the two of you think you can manage all of that, then I can talk to you about ammunition types. And clips."

@Geardirector @Perp

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

8 hours ago, Krayzikk said:

While Farzan spoke, and while he listened in on what Dehkaz went to speak to the other Matoran about, he had been eyeing the rifles and thinking. A Po-Matoran came through the door behind him and he gestured politely for her to walk further into the store

IC: Lumune

While she wouldn't consider herself shy, her time being often spent away from Po-Koro proper meant her social skills were not exactly all there either. As such, the gesture from the De-Toa did embolden her to approach. When she saw an opportunity, she quickly interjected, asking the shop owner, "Begging your pardon, I just need to buy some parts for my traps. Where can I see what you have?"

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Skyra Daring - Tech Emporium - Po-koro -

I grabbed a second pistol, two was better, I decided against getting a rifle because I already had a blunderbuss, seemed kind of pointless. 

I placed the two pistols on the counter, looking at Farzan with a gleam in my eye.  "I want these, I also want one of those wrist-mounted grapples, those look fun, and what else do you have for sale? I'm trying to collect every kind of weapon and gadget known to man, woman, and child."

As always I had reasonable goals in life. The more crazy #### I owned the more my enemies would fear me, and possibly friends too.

@Perp @Geardirector

Edited by Snelly

“Jokaro,”  he answered tersely, his hands scooping up the schematics, breaking the Toa’s gaze so that he could stare at the illustrated contraption again, his face perhaps a bit too close to the paper.

“Listen, uh… yes, it certainly is interesting, and yes, it arouses me - arouses my interests, that is. I already said it was interesting… nevermind. But, you see…”

The papers were deposited upon the workbench once again, and pair of eyes met pair of eyes again. Jokaro waved his hand over the smattering of technical inscriptions, sketches and calculations for added effect.

“We can’t build this. Karz, I don’t think even those Onu-Koronan b#####ds can build this. We’re working with scraps and leftovers here. Practically speaking.”

• Like 2

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: The young Toa's face turned grim at the change in topic. They had been free from the Makuta for what...eight months at best? How could one defeat a foe who didn't even need a full year to come back from the dead. Or perhaps he had only been sealed.The Maru hadn't been too keen on giving out details of their encounter with the master of shadows. He wasn't sure which option bothered him more.

"Hard to miss them when every drunk sailor seem intent on sharing the news. Even so...I can't deny the fact that something has changed. The air seems different now. Sometimes at night when I stare out at the black ocean I can swear that it's laughing at me. Only when I try to listen harder there's nothing.

Renaka Lichgeist - Po-wahi - Po-koro - Akiri Residence

IC: One pale eyebrow lifted at the antics of the two. So far her interactions with her koro's guardian Maru had been limited. A few conversations here and there. Mostly at some official event that neither of them could resist the call or obligation of. He was certainly far more...casual, than she'd expected from the stories. Stories told around a campfire of the semi-mythical Wanderer didn't quite match up with the old man currently conjuring random items out of thin air before her.

A mug of warm coffee currently rested in her hands. It hid her mouth from view. Although if that was intentional or if she simply was enjoying the aroma of the warm beverage was anyone's guess. Once her guests finally got settled in at the small table she spoke up.

"Welcome Ra'lhen, it is always a pleasure to meet the people responsible for defending our city." Her eyes narrowed a hint as she looked at him A thought niggling at the back of her mind. There was something about him that seemed familiar...no, something to follow through on later. "I hadn't made any concrete plans the last time Stannis and I spoke. Things have...changed since then. Before the Darkwalk was simply a dangerous but ultimately minor threat to the region. We could have gradually worn down the Rahkshi that remained within and made it safe to travel through. Had anyone the desire to. With the return of Makuta it has once more become a clear and present threat to Po-koro. He could send another invasion force through at any time."

The relatively diminutive stature of the pale Matoran did nothing to diminish her presence. Her eyes blazed with a controlled fire from over the rim of her mug. It was clear that she did not take the safety of her charge lightly.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium) 

"Custom-fitted Wrist-Volo? Say no more" I responded, scratching down the note on an iStone I had fished up the instant I realized I might need to take a few of the aforementioned "note" to remember this stuff.

With Jokaro busy, I could only nod with increasing interest as Krayn laid out his vision for a specialized weapon. It was nothing I couldn't do even with a hand tied behind my back.

"You too? Of course," I answered the green Toa I had previously pegged as the fine connoisseur of the group, "We carry whatever we can get away with here, just don't tell the Akiri that." I responded, giving a wink to signify it was a good-natured jest and nothing more. Definitely.

"Take a look over there!" I managed to shout in the Matoran's direction, pointing to a selection of containers that were indeed meant for loose storage of spare parts and bits and bobs and pieces and tidbits and titbits and whatever else could fit the definition thereof.

"And about our selection... tell me..." I returned to regard The Green One, "would you perhaps be a Toa of Air?"

OOC: @Krayzikk@Snelly@ARROW404@sunflower@Perp

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

Shut up in the Nuju-Marion for weeks on end, Rynekk hadn't realized how swiftly the news of His return had spread. If word had spread this quickly, it could only be a matter of days before Makuta's old acolytes crawled out of the wreckage of their defeat in Ko-Koro.

"Signs and portents all around, yeah," he said, nodding grimly to Kale. "If I remember things right, the forces from Ihu handled most of the arrests at the end there, and I was in traction anyway, so tell me: did we manage to catch any of the Necromanc-- of Echelon's lieutenants? Legacy or Nightfall or whatever they were calling themselves, and the ###### Lavapool-bombers, too? Word on everyone's lips is that Echelon himself bit it during the battle, but no seems to agree on what happened to him."

OOC: @Silvan Haven

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]