BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: "According to the reports they pretty much all got away. Nobody has seen or heard of them since the battle despite everyone keeping an eye out for them. For all we know they could have vanished into the depths of Le-wahi. They'd never be found in that jungle if they laid low. Somehow I doubt that's their plan though. Especially with their old boss back in the game."

The silver Toa turned around and rested his elbows on the gunwale. Head lulling back to stare into the almost painfully blue sky. It seemed so different from all the doom and gloom they were currently talking about. The sky didn't care. It was above such petty struggles. A soft chuckle escaped his mouth at the word play.

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Beyond that, I'd like clips of your different diskettes." Krayn added after Farzan spoke with Skyra, still regarding his arms with an expression almost akin to betrayal. "I've seen a little of the types that Dehkaz has. Obviously they're all in the same form factor, so I suppose what I would like is half a dozen of your normal magazine modified with a lever and a more powerful spring. Enough to eject a diskette into the air when the lever is hit."

He paused a second, as a thought occurred. 

"Come to think of it, do you think you could make a circular holder for my revolver's bullets sized to the cylinder?"

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

The Po-Matoran rubbed his temples at the indication that this heavily-armed Toa before him was, indeed, a commander - so, naturally, the onus was on Jokaro to come through. He wasn’t so great with managing expectations.

“Well, there’s no way we can build it in-” he glanced back at the schematics to double-check the noted proportions. “Yeah, no way we can build it in here. Or assemble it, rather. We’ll have to set up a testing site deeper into the Motara and either build an adjacent field workshop, else manufacture the components in the Koro and haul them out there for assembly.”

Hands rubbing temples turned to hands scratching chin as he stared into space, his brain at work.

“Hmm, Ostia might make for a better base of operations for a project like this. If we were to set up the testing site near there, we could have routes open via the Mahi or the sea if we need material shipped from either Po-Koro or elsewhere on the island. Plus, I’ve got a few people I can talk to in Ostia who might be able to help; I used to live there - no shortage of craftsmen in the north.”

Thoughts swirled in his head for a few moments more, until he yanked himself back to reality and stood up and turned to properly face Dehkaz.

“Look, uh… We’ll give it a shot. I can’t promise how long it’ll take or how expensive it’ll be, but If you’re coming to us and not going to Onu-Koro with this, there’s no way I can say no.”

A curt chuckle escaped his lips before he continued, jerking his thumb over his shoulder at the nearly-assembled launcher behind him.

“Right now, though, I’ve got-”

"Oi, Jokaro, how's that prototype coming along?"

“...other work to finish first,” he sighed.Nearly done!was the bellowed response.

Edited by Perp
  • Like 1

IC: Skyra Daring - Tech Emporium - Po-koro -

I gave Farzan a thumbs up, curious to see what he had in mind. If these guys could arm the three of us with the island's latest inventions, then Makuta and his followers wouldn't stand a chance.

@Geardirector @Perp

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Dehkaz [Po-Koro, Tech Emporium]

The toa of Magnetism seemed satisfied with that response, clapping the Po-matoran on the shoulder with a, "Sounds good Jokaro, you'll have plenty of time. I'll come check in once we're through with my ship's shakedown cruise."

Dehkaz gave him once last nod, before leaving the inventor to his work and making his way back towards the front of the establishment.

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Lumune

"Thanks," she called through the hubbub. She really was sorry to impose when the establishment was so packed already. Then again, the owner was probably happy for the widgets he would be making in the process. She certainly was, for all those Dikapi she had been able to sell, troublesome as they had been to lug here.

She leaned over the spare parts bin and rubbed the chin of her Kaukau. It couldn't have been sorted nicely, could it? Well, she supposed Idas would just have to wait a little longer. She hoped he would slip into "lazy king" mode rather than "restless and wild" as he did. He certainly had no trouble sitting still and sleeping when they were out in the desert. She dug her hands into the parts bin and shoved the top layer aside. Spotting a promising-looking hook, she reached in with her other hand. It wasn't perfect, but it would do if she didn't manage to find anything better. She set it aside and kept at it. Sadly, the shifting bits of metal added to the ruckus of the room, but she had little choice in the matter.

IC: Idas

Outside the city, at the base of Po-Koro's canyon walls, the Rock Lion curled up. He half-rested, and half remained alert, ears swiveling and twitching at the sounds of the city behind him. He didn't have the self-awareness to really question why he was sitting obediently here, waiting for a little brown half-pint to return. His stomach would have answered that question if he did though. Since he had joined forces with the little not-Rahi, he had eaten better than he ever had since he had arrived on the island, and he didn't want to lose that. Maybe it was something a little deeper too, though. He missed his pride, and she was the closest he had had since he ended up here somehow.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Of course."

Rynekk sneered the phrase out, hating that he did so but unable to stop it. Kale was only doing what Rynekk had asked, answering his question, he didn't deserve to deal with this ######. But Rynekk well and truly couldn't stop what had been, in turned out, festering inside his gut during his two-month stay in the wards of the Nuju-Marion. While Kale turned, Rynekk stayed seated where he was, staring in the opposite direction as his friend, to where the tide lapped hungrily at the Ostian shoreline.

"Guess we'll just have to wait for them to attack, as per usual," he said. "Wait for them to catch us off-guard, britches down around our ankles-- Karz! We almost had it, Kale, we almost had it! Makuta gone, Echelon dead, the Legacy leaderless and scattered to the six winds. We were almost--"

His head sagged, and he only barely caught it in his hands.

"We need a new way," Rynekk said. "We can't keep fighting the way we have been. We need something new."

OOC: @Silvan Haven

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

"I'll be right back," I assured the clientelle, "Kreff, stand guard"

The Ussal Crab whistled in the affirmative, and I disappeared into the back of the shop. For once not by way of grappling glove, though I wish.

"Nearly done, you say," I answered as I made it over to where J. K. was sitting, "I had this idea. An air elemental is just the sort of person who could make this baby sing, don't you think so?"

OOC: @Perp @Krayzikk @Snelly @sunflower

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Work on the prototype of the V2 resumed as soon as Dehkaz turned to leave. His focus, once again, was unbroken when a Farzan-shaped blur entered his peripheral vision.

Sing, Farzan, really? These things have a tendency to explode if they’re not built right.”

Briefly glancing over at the schematics left on the opposite side of his workbench, he quickly set down his tools and folded the papers up, stuffing them in his nearby pack before Farzan could take notice. Plenty of time to dive into them later - right now he needed to keep the Fa-Matoran focused.

His voice drew down to scarcely more than a whisper as he actually swiveled in his seat to face Farzan. “Now, I have no qualms about selling one of these things without testing it - you know, buyer beware and all that, no refunds, yada yada - but if it’s Toa we’re talking about, I’d rather keep the air in my lungs if something goes wrong, get me?”

His voice returned to its normal pitch as he swiveled back and continued to tinker with the V2. He was genuinely surprised at how quickly progress had been made on it - it’d be ready for testing as soon as he secured the breech cover and gave the whole thing a once-over.

“So what’s this idea?”

___ __ _

IC: Ember - Fore Fowadi Fighting Top

“Oi! I hopes ye lunk’eads cun sing bett’r than ye can runna line!”

• Like 1

The tinkering abruptly stopped. For a brief moment, the Po-Matoran sat there, his hands still and his eyes much the same, caught off-guard by the words of his co-worker behind him.

Slowly, his hands rested upon the surface of the workbench, depositing the tools there. He swiveled around again to look Farzan in the eye.

“Farzan, I sincerely hope you didn’t just make a bunch of sales and then propose giving away my work for free.

He shot a sideways glance to the open doorway against the wall - leading back to the storefront. His voice lowered once again to a particularly harsh whisper. “I didn’t get a faceful of Patero shrapnel this morning just to let the second prototype walk out the door, with the distinct possibility of it never coming back, without so much as a widget to show for it!”

A frustrated sigh wracked his body before he eased his tone, jerking a thumb over his shoulder at the launcher behind him.

“Listen, once this is done, I’m gonna test this thing. If the Le-Toa or whoever wants to comprehensively test it, check for leaks, problems with the seal - and they would be ideal for that sort of thing, I’ll give you that - that’d be fine by me. But they do it here. If they find it satisfactory, good. I’ll make adjustments and build them another one. But this isn’t leaving the building, and at the very least unpaid for.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:39 PM, Void Emissary said:

"Of course."

Rynekk sneered the phrase out, hating that he did so but unable to stop it. Kale was only doing what Rynekk had asked, answering his question, he didn't deserve to deal with this ######. But Rynekk well and truly couldn't stop what had been, in turned out, festering inside his gut during his two-month stay in the wards of the Nuju-Marion. While Kale turned, Rynekk stayed seated where he was, staring in the opposite direction as his friend, to where the tide lapped hungrily at the Ostian shoreline.

"Guess we'll just have to wait for them to attack, as per usual," he said. "Wait for them to catch us off-guard, britches down around our ankles-- Karz! We almost had it, Kale, we almost had it! Makuta gone, Echelon dead, the Legacy leaderless and scattered to the six winds. We were almost--"

His head sagged, and he only barely caught it in his hands.

"We need a new way," Rynekk said. "We can't keep fighting the way we have been. We need something new."

-Void

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: "Well that's what we're for." A contemplative tone had entered the other Toa's voice. Almost as if he was working his way through a thought out loud. "We are the Aggressors, we go out and find trouble before it become even bigger trouble. Of course something has to happen to prove that someone needs dealing with so things often feel like we're just responding all the time. We don't need to do that now though. The Legacy is a clear and present danger."

The soft tap of a metal digit on wooden gunwale sounded out. Silence reigned for a time as the ship's first mate tumbled the problem around in his head for a time. It was pretty clear what they had to do. The question was how they would go about it. Finally, his voice broke the quiet once more.

"What would you say that our primary weaknesses would be? As an island that is. Seems to me that if we want to get out ahead of them than we need to try and pin down their next target."

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

“Dehkaz,” He got the Captain’s attention with a quick, half wave of his hand and an incline of his head. The older Toa turned his head and mirrored it, making the gesture into a question. “One more errand to run. Your friend’s got my requests, if he’s got any questions try to field them while I’m gone.”

There might have been an unvoiced question in his eye but Dehkaz nodded, and Krayn turned to leave. Asking for some directions might have been smart. But smart wasn’t always wise, and if he had to roam for a while that’d be fine. It wasn’t the sort of stop to make with company. Which was insane. It was an errand, not confessional. But insanity didn’t stop it from being true. He had to make this stop by himself even if it meant looking like an idiot tourist trying to figure out how to get around the new Po-Koro. Which was exactly what he began to do when he stepped outside of Farzan’s shop, turning and walking the way he had come. 

He had an idea of where he was going. The difficulty was navigating the new Koro, the two new zones he had seen from the train, and how to get back to truly familiar ground. There was a risk his destination didn’t exist anymore, but he could handle that once he got back to it. The answer it seemed was another of these ‘trains’; this one smaller, marginally less noisy, and partially open to the air. Of all the changes to Po-Koro, from the leadership, to the increased size, to the Sentinels, out of everything...

This one he was most unsure about.

It did its job, though. Only a few stops after he boarded— and a few too loud announcements about what stop was next— the smaller Mahi was passing through a purposefully created gap in Po-Koro’s older, time-worn innermost wall. A curious mix of the familiar and the new intensified when it passed by what had been, for most of his life, Po-Koro’s main gate; now it was merely a passage into the next zone. Whatever the changes that had occurred, the layout remained the same and habit took the wheel. How far was it to the next stop? Where did it—

The discontented murmurings of the other passengers as he simply hopped off the side of the open-air car said that probably wasn’t the intended way to dismount. Why they were open, then, was lost on Krayn. The quick little machines swiftly took their complaints far away even if he had been listening. The former officer was too busy orienting himself. The signage had changed— it looked like auxiliary storage for the Koro now— but the buildings remained. There the Guard outpost he had passed many times even before the Guard became the Sentinels, there the offices his friends had worked inside. His feet took him deeper still. There was the house he had lived in for six months, give or take. Which meant…

Tucked closely against a much newer building was a sand worn shop with a sun beaten sign, exactly where he remembered. 

The bell on the door tolled his entrance. 

“Be with you in a minute!”

The proprietor’s voice came from the back, absently courteous. Krayn nodded to himself and closed the door behind him. The shop was cool, and the new lights seemed to be its biggest concession to change. The bolts of fabric were still rolled by hand, the register had beside it a sheaf of paper and a Dikapi feather quill. The soft, regular, well-oiled sound of a treadle just around the corner continued without missing a beat. Out of place, neither old nor the new, electric sound of Po-Koro, was a rot mechanical clicking that varied by the slightest tones. The little machine rested on the counter near the register, scratching away at the paper set below it. No one sat at its controls and Krayn suspected, with a sudden pang of nostalgia, that it would have been offended to be monitored. It never needed it before.

“Wonderful gadget, ain’t it?” The proprietor asked as he stepped around the corner. “Couldn’t figure out those damnable task pads so a friend lent it to me. Writin’ bills by hand isn’t as easy as it used to be. Anyway. You been in here before?”

“Long time ago.” Krayn answered with one of those lopsided smiles. “Thought you might be able to help me out.”

“I probably can. What do you need?” The Turaga’s shoulders were sloped, turned inwards from years of bending over his work. There was something searching in his expression beyond the appraisal of a lifetime craftsman, a mind working to pin a nagging feeling into place. “Haven’t got anything with you so I doubt it’s a repair. If it’s about a uniform the Sentinels get fussy if I do custom tailoring, you’ll have to go through them.”

“Not too far off. I need a coat.”

“Well, that’s easy enough.” The Turaga gestured to the side, towards a stool with a series of fabric measuring strips hanging on a simple wooden rack. “Little too vague, though. Let me get your measurements and we can talk about specifics.”

“Shape comes from purpose,” He took two steps up onto his stepstool and plucked a strip off of the rack, gesturing for the Toa to raise his arms. The strip went around Krayn’s chest, drawn snug and the markings noted. “And material has a lot to do with both. So tell me first what you’ll need it for.”

“Cold, wet, and windy weathers. Pockets. So it’ll have to be tolerable in warmer climates, too.” The Toa tilted his head back in thought. “And I’ll need to fit some things into the sleeves, around my arms.”

“Don’t ask for much, do you?”

“Well, I’ll need to be able to move in it too. Carry some equipment on my back and at my sides. I won’t be able to get to a cleaner much, so it has to dry on its own, hold its shape, and I’ll have to be able to get dirt and oils off of it. Blood, too.”

“Aha!” The tailor laughed and clapped him on the back with a gnarled hand.That’s it. Gray canvas trench coat. Slits at the sides to draw a sword, several years old, and a Gukko Force insignia stitched in the lapel. It came in for a repair just after the Maru beat Makuta. Several small tears, a bit of blood, and a lot of Rahkshi entrails. Those stained something awful, you know, Mr. Inzaka. Did something happen to it?”

“More to me. You recognize me?”

“Mr. Inzaka, I may be getting old but I can still remember a face. You spent a good few years running around with some of our best and brightest. Lieutenant Naona, the baby faced Rahkslayer. You rescued the Turaga.” He shrugged and moved the measuring tape from under the arm to down to the wrist. “Didn’t stick, but that wasn’t your fault. Any of you. Then you were here while the Guard rebuilt. Became the Sentinels. It’s been a few years and here you are without that coat, looking for a new one. Retired?”

“I was.”

“Lot of that going around.” A serious look came over his Kakama. “He’s back, isn’t he?”

“Yes.” Not for a moment did Krayn consider denying it. It wasn’t his place to decide who should and shouldn’t know, and everyone would know soon enough. Everyone needed to prepare for it, make their peace with the return of the darkness. “A few months ago.”

“Ahhh, I thought maybe we were done. I thought so when the Mata came. I wasn’t sure when the Maru came, but after so long… It seemed like he might really be gone.” The Turaga draped the measuring tape around his neck. “I haven’t met Stannis yet but he seems alright. More stable than our government’s been in the same time. What got into Hewkii… Well. I got to meet Pohatu in his time. I mourned with everyone else when the Mata died.”

“And then there were Toa everywhere. Me among them!” He shook his head and sighed. “If you weren’t there you’ll never understand what those days were like. Toa everywhere, and no one to train them properly. A lot that tried their best. And a lot that got it wrong. I was never any good at it anyway. But I did try.”

“Did you ever feel guilty?” The question surprised him, but the Turaga only nodded with the understanding of age. “I was ready to be done. It wasn’t easy but with Makuta gone, the fighting done, I was ready to stop. Without ever accomplishing my Destiny.”

“Screw Destiny, son.” He climbed off of his stool and walked to the wall of fabrics, each nestled in their own nook, and busied himself searching. But not before he had gestured around with his hand. “This is what I’ve done with my life. It’s all I’ve ever been good at. I was a useless Guard, a useless Toa, and as a Turaga I find I can’t keep up with the way the Koro changes. Stopping, going back to doing what I always did, was the hardest choice I ever made. I wondered for years if I had shirked my duty. If by choosing to live a peaceful life I had avoided my Destiny. I didn’t. Out there in the village somewhere someone is still alive because when the Rahkshi attacked my village, and the Guard we had left struggled to stop them, I was in the right place and the right time to give up that power so that they could live.”

“Destiny is destiny. It’s the only thing you never have to think about. The bigwigs, the Mata and the Maru, knew what their Destiny was.” The Turaga snorted, grabbing a bolt of fabric and pulling it free. “Well look where that went. The first six died, and the new ones didn’t finish the job. And in between I became a Toa and gave it up because that was how I could save a life. If the believers were right, that was my Destiny. If they’re not it doesn’t matter because I decided that was right.” 

“You,” He gestured with the end of the bollt, lending a certain emphasis to the word. “Can’t ever know what yours is. Not til it happens. Until then all you can do is what you can do. I couldn’t do much. I don’t think there’s much you can stop yourself from doing, Mr. Inzaka, if it’s what’s right.”

“Wisdom come with giving it up?”

“No, wisdom came with getting old. I’ve got more where that came from. If you think it’s a good idea after a round of Salamanders, it’s not. Any time you think ‘what’s the worst that can happen’ you should think again.” He chuckled and unrolled a little of the fabric. “Give that a feel. I think the mistake, sir, is in thinking it’s a fight that can be won. You can’t strike fast, strike early, and get it done. Doesn’t work that way. I saw a lot of Toa mess it up thinking that they could just end it. Got some of them killed, some of them infected, and the worst ones just kept slipping. Preempting the fight sounds good but it’s a slippery thing. Look at Hewkii. He finished one war and he started getting ready for the next one. near caused it in the process.”

“What is it?” Krayn ran his fingers over the fabric while he listened. Woolen, not canvas like the one he had worn before. It was a bit more like the cloak he had worn as a disguise in Ko-Koro that way. Woolen but very, very dense; not a simple knit then but a more involved process. For its density it was very light too and somehow more resilient. “And why this instead of a canvas?”

“If you really want canvas I could do that too. But it doesn’t stay waterproof forever, and it definitely doesn’t breathe. Takes wax to waterproof canvas and eventually you should wax it again. Heavier for the same yardage, too.” The tailor tapped the fabric. “This is better. Same weave folks have needed for Ko-Wahi for a long time. Breathable, naturally water resistant, keeps you warm when it’s cold, lets heat out when you get hot. Oil resistant, fire resistant, and all you’ve got to do to keep it clean and dry is just hang it up when it gets wet. Shouldn’t stain with blood, either.”

And it’s light. Pockets are easy, and I can incorporate some discreet pass through slits so you can get to anything on a belt underneath. Sound good?”

“Sounds perfect. And expensive.” Krayn frowned. “And like it might take a while to make. I think I’m going to travel soon, so how fast could you make it?”

“How fast do you need it?”

“We’re joining back up with the Fowadi later today. Headed to Ga-Koro after that I think. With Makuta back things will get hectic fast.”

“Two days. Three at the most and I can do it. ” The Turaga said after a minute. “I’ll have it delivered to Ga-Koro. If it’s not there when you are, leave a place to forward it. Don’t stress the price, Mr. Inzaka. What you’ve done for this village already gives you a strong line of credit in my books. Pay me back when you can, if you can, and keep doing what you do. John’ll write it up.”

“That’s extraordinarily generous. I’m not dumb enough to turn it down.” The De-Toa paused a second, an incipient smile spreading. “I did see a couple of things by the counter, though, if you could wrap them up for me. I think I’ve got enough for those and a down payment.”

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: [Kohra - Po-koro, Streets]

“It certainly seems that way.” Kohra agreed, regarding her helper’s timing.

The Vortixx, for the moment at least, felt relief come over her. She knew all too well the people that Datrox spoke of. The anonymous masses that had passed her by, either pretending not to notice her crumpled, shaking form at the side of the road, or outright staring at her in discomfort or even disgust. 

But she’d accepted it…because some part of her thought…that they were right to react that way, somehow.

As they walked, she looked around, squinting against the sunlight. It still stung her eyes but she forced herself to look anyway, blinking away reflexive tears.

“Is that a good place?” She asked, indicating what looked like a small food shack. 

OOC: Apologies for the delay as well, certainly didn’t mean to make it almost two weeks. @Tarn

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ra'lhen - Po-Koro, Akiri Residence

“Welcome Ra'lhen,” the Akiri said, “it is always a pleasure to meet the people responsible for defending our city” 

Ra’lhen gave a reserved smile and nodded. Deep down, he cherished those words like an athlete cherishes their newly-won gold medal, or copper kanohi. After hundreds of years of Ra’lhen being responsible for very much the opposite of defending the city, he appreciated being seen as the hero he was meant to be, as dictated by Mata Nui. 

“I hadn't made any concrete plans the last time Stannis and I spoke. Things have...changed since then”, Renaka continued, “Before the Darkwalk was simply a dangerous but ultimately minor threat to the region. We could have gradually worn down the Rahkshi that remained within and made it safe to travel through. Had anyone the desire to. With the return of Makuta it has once more become a clear and present threat to Po-koro. He could send another invasion force through at any time.” 

Ra’lhen digested this new info intently, and stifled a shudder. The first time he had seen one of those massive tunnels was actually a bit of time after he was freed from Makuta’s control. During the creation of the DarkwalkRa’lhen had been criss-crossing the island in murderous pursuit of a group of Matoran, one of whom became the Toa who was now sharing tea and coffee with him. After the Maru had come into being, Ra’lhen had been summoned to the Kini-Nui for a final stand.  

It was only sometime after that that Ra’lhen had seen the massive Darkwalk entrance near Le-Koro. It was one of the most chilling things he had ever seen, and he had been part of it. As much as the bitter hatred hurt the Toa of Lightning, the tunnels were a grim reminder of where that hatred came from, and that it wasn’t all unfounded.  

Indeed he could. But I think we have time,” Ra’lhen said, “I can’t imagine he’ll be as spry as he was after his battle with the Toa Maru. He will need time to gather new followers and recover more of his strength” 

Ra’lhen gazed as the small Akiri and was surprised at how little of a read he could get on her face. He was not used to Matoran having such intense stature and presence. Back in the days of the Toa Mata, Ra’lhen fondly remembered the playful, humble, but hardworking personalities that Matoran across Mata Nui shared. Renaka seemed more like a Turaga than a Matoran, and of course, that was the point.  

That shouldn’t have to be the case, Ra’lhen thought sadly, The Turaga should still be here, leading the villages in unison. 

Nonetheless, this is where everyone was now. A world with hardened Matoran, renegade Toa, and dead Turaga. 

"But we don't have much of it," Ra'lhen said, "The sooner we can start the expedition, I think the sooner we can all sleep more soundly"

OOC: @Silvan Haven @Umbraline Yumiwa

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 1

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

OOC: Vrill from Onu-Wahi

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, ???]

The trip had been quiet, both for Vrill and those at the head of the wagon, and in general. The most eventful thing that had occurred was a herd of Kikanalo moving to another watering hole, nothing more. The highways were peaceful, but everyone felt an elevated level of danger sparked by rumors.

But that wasn't on Vrill's mind as he stared across the smoky orange horizon during the journey. A web of possibilities and truths coagulated.

The undercover guardsman needed information that Po-Koro had somewhere... and Vrill had long owed a visit to someone who could help him with the Sisyphean task of navigate the glacial movements of the bureaucracy Hewkii created.

~~~

The door opened with a jingle that indicated the arrival of a potential customer. Vrill, the crystalline outer layers of his armor now the amber hue of citrine quartz, looked around the humble legal office, taking in the new arrangement of furnishings.

OOC: @Goose honk.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

3 hours ago, BULiK said:

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, ???]

The door opened with a jingle that indicated the arrival of a potential customer. Vrill, the crystalline outer layers of his armor now the amber hue of citrine quartz, looked around the humble legal office, taking in the new arrangement of furnishings.

OOC: @Goose honk.

IC: Muir (Fenn Legal Clinic, Po-Koro)

A bad day at the Fenn Legal Clinic seemed set to get a whole helluvalot worse. Muirtagh Fenn would have given just about anything at that moment to be up to his eyes in legal papers - at least if they were up to his eyes, he wouldn’t have to be looking at the man who had just walked into his office.

There were, however, no documents in sight; those that were there were tucked neatly into the filing cabinets behind Muir, one of the few items of furniture the Cy-Toa was likely to recognise. And there was the rub, because Muir saw the look in the spook’s eyes - as if he needed to, when men like that so rarely came for social calls - and knew that he had come with work. And looking around his sparse office, half the furniture sold and his secretary laid off just to keep the place from falling out from under him, he knew he couldn’t turn the sonuvabitch down.

But that sure as shite didn’t mean Muir had to be nice to him.

“You better have a goddamned good reason for being here, Vrill.”

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Fenn Legal Clinic]

"Nice to see you again too, Fenn," Vrill blankly stated with a slight nod. His optics darted around the room once more. A moment later, the guardsman stepped further into the office, pulling up a chair to Muir's desk. Not too fast. From the looks of things his acquaintance was in no rush, and Vrill felt fine holding the energy of the room hostage as his pause lingered.

"Yeah," he answered as he sat down. "New case. Official unofficial business."

The Cy-Toa leaned back in his chair, looking almost as bored as he sounded.

"Need to double check some Sentinel reports, cross reference a few things... et cetera."

The detective accentuated the last point with a flourish of his hand - the arm in question already lazily strung atop his chair's backrest. His vision drifted to a pot of coffee on a shelf behind Fenn, before snapping back to the blue Akaku-like lenses on Muirtagh's kanohi with chilling precision.

"Figured you're still into that sort of thing and could help me out." 

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

The unasked question did not go unanswered.

“You can pour your own coffee.” The lenses on Muir’s mask shifted, taking in the subtleties of the Cy-Toa’s posture and body language; he doubted Vrill was as bored as he seemed, but he wasn’t keeping the door in his sightline, which meant he wasn’t excited either. Muir, all told, was fine with that - Vrill was bringing trouble to his door, that went without saying, but at least trouble had given him a head start. “And you should know I haven’t been in with the Sentinels for some time now.”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Fenn Legal Clinic]

"Of course," Vrill replied to both statements, standing up with a feigned great effort as the legal disclaimer began. He circled around the desk, during which time a quartz mug appeared in his left hand.

"You really don't need to tell me that," the coffee-pourer said in such a way that it felt like he was winking at Muir despite his back being to him. "But you know the way they tick, how to search their public records, and how to navigate the system to get what you need to know if it's not there. Maybe even a few stories of your own," Vrill continued, ending with a casual shrug.

The sanctum guardsman could already tell the pot was lukewarm. He made a bit of of heatstone on the inside of the mug. He'd wait a bit to let it warm back up before taking a sip. The detective sat back down again, and when he opened his mouth to speak again, his gravelly voice suddenly lost all humor as the Cy-Toa sliced straight to the point.

"You wouldn't happen to know of a toa named Skorm, would you Fenn? In particular, an incident he had with Stannis Maru?"

Vrill had cast his line - he took a long sip of the bitter coffee and watched to see if Fenn would bite.

Edited by BULiK

Now things were heating up.

Skorm's was a name Muir knew not at all, and Stannis' one he trusted even less. The alleged protector of Po-Koro had done nothing while Hewkii brought the island to the brink of war, and now even his defeat of Makuta was called into question. Vrill knew this already, of course - Muir knew himself well enough to recognise that he was predictable, and Stannis had so utterly failed the Matoran that Muir's dislike of him was all but guaranteed.

"As a matter of fact, I would not. But I'm getting the feeling you didn't just come to me because I'm good with paperwork."

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Fenn Legal Clinic] (Quick vibes if you have none of your own to supply)

"Yeah," Vrill nodded, allowing himself a slight smile as he began to reel in his catch. Truth be told, their cat and mouse dance to get to the point was a breath of fresh air. One of the more fun parts of the job that made the library visit worth it. Two players, both skilled enough to see the ebb and flow of the game and instinctively know the next moves before they happened. One counted his cards, the other had a few up his sleeve.

After taking another sip, the detective set his mug down on Muir's desk, atop a matching quartz coaster that his other hand conjured with ease. He reached his right hand into his left forearm's armor, the crystal outer covering parting at the strength of his willpower, and whipped out a glass sheet he had created at Wise Man's Archive. On it was a perfect replica of a drab document, with words seamlessly printed in darkened obsidian. Some phrases were annotated with amber highlights, others were a bold ruby, glowing from a miniature lightstone core.

Vrill began to deal out his deck, placing one sheet after another on Fenn's desk with the same smug excitement of a kid showing off a foil Joske Nimil Kohlii card he had lucked into.

"I'm here because I'm wondering why a suspect wanted for the murder of a marine -"

The next copy rattled against the desk. Aces high.

"- multiple assaults in Ga -"

A resonant clink as more paperwork joined the pile. Vrill reached inside his other crystalline vambrace and neatly pulled out a cigarette with an all-too-instinctive motion, the binary sunset of his orange optics still locked onto Muirtagh's own with unwavering stamina.

"- and fits the description of the last person seen intimidating the MagnaTide Inn's receptionist a few days before she went missing -"

The next sheet floating out and onto the desk by the elementalist's command, as his hands were preoccupied with loosely fitting the Ga-Koronan herb roll in the mouth of his kanohi and extracting a lighter from his thigh armor, respectively.

"- and wound up as tinder for an apartment fire..." he casually continued, articulacy muffled by the paper rod that bobbed up and down with each syllable.

Click. Snap. Sparkle. Hum.

The wick took light and a warm crackle dominated the office's silent air as the miniature flame ignited the toxic treat.

"So, I'm wondering why he's one of my Koro's new poster boys -"

Clink.

Mata Nui Daily. Front page. "Ko's New Akiri Announces Partnership with Toa Kalta."

Diamond flush.

"- and what that has to do with Stannis Maru and Antidermis."

The sanctum guardsman tapped a highlighted portion of one of documents with his offhand as he took another drag on his cigarette, ending with a relieved sigh. The kicker.

'See Po-Koro hospital records. Keywords: Stannis, Warua, Antidermis'

"That's why I'm in town this time."

"You understand why I can't use my department's own assets for this," he stated with a frightening nonchalance as he sank into the uncomfortable chair. "And that this ain't a solo job - one man can only get so far."

Another puff of smoke, the Cy-Toa clearly deliberating on his next statements. Eye contact wandered for a moment, as if the ceiling fan's slow twirl hid a memory.

"I need your expertise, your abilities, and most of all, that unwavering commitment that got the better of me last time I walked through that door," Vrill continued, pointing over his shoulder at the door with his cigarette. A few ashy embers scattered across the spartan stone floor.

"This is a different case, different Koro, but as you can see, it's fundamentally the same problem." Vrill said as he picked up his mug again. Much warmer. "And I..."

The hand holding the beverage spun lazily in a circle. It slowed down, and his optics refocused.

"I need your help this time..." Vrill said before finishing the rest of his coffee, the scalding liquid overpowering the bitter taste of that last sentence. His hand curled into a fist as it absorbed the empty crystal mug, and then it flattened out as he reached across the desk for a handshake.

"And this time, we're partners."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Muir looked down at Vrill’s outstretched hand, his face pensive. Well, #####.

“...I’d say that’s a goddamned good reason. But if I’m gonna work with you, you can at least bum me a smoke.”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

This one was a head-scratcher.

"If you had asked me last year," Rynekk said, "I probably would have said it was the Akiri, 'shamed to say. They took power, and we came ###### near to an outright civil war. If anything, I'd say that the reason Ko-Koro ended up so vulnerable to Echelon's forces was that each of the villages had alienated one another. Had lost any sense of unity with one and the other. Nowadays...."

Spirit knows that I've had this conversation enough times with Plag....

"Makuta came back, even after the Maru had claimed to have defeated Him. So either they aren't as infallible as we all thought they were... or they lied to us. In any case, I think that there are barriers for us to place all our trust in our leaders and our champions now. I think we have to assume that they are not immune to being tricked and manipulated by Makuta and his servants."

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

The outstretched hand snapped into a finger gun.

"Sure."

It snaked back into the crystalline armor pocket to nab another cigarette, returning a moment later with a smoke and with its counterpart snapping the lighter on in preparation.

Edited by BULiK

Muir gladly accepted the offered cigarette, holding it to his lips with his left hand and leaning forward to catch the lighter. He took a long drag, allowing the tension to sink out of his shoulders.

"Partners, then." The words hung in the air between them, lingering in the long rays of light that reached out from the blinds, caught and exposed now by the haze of smoke. As Muir watched the wisps of cancer dance through the beams, he noticed that the rest of the office seemed darker somehow, as if the smoke had confined all the room's light to those concentrated rays, casting Vrill's face into shadow. Muir realised that his own must have been, too - but his outstretched hand could not escape the spotlight.

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Vrill's grip was firm, almost robotic, as his hand smoothly went through a motion long since pre-calculated, but rarely practiced.

"Yes," the detective curtly affirmed. He leaned back in the chair once more, the smoke he exhaled in long relief filling the chamber's dry air as he quietly preoccupied himself with his thoughts. The front legs of the Po-Koronan stonework lifted off the ground slightly in a precarious yet careful balance. Vrill gave a nod towards the infodump now sprawled across Fenn's desk.

"Take a look at the tablets - maybe something will catch your eye, but you already heard my summary. It's enough to get leads, but nothing to paint a whole picture, let alone build a case off of."

His golden optics twinkled in the haze.

"Yet."

The detective paused for a moment and glanced up at the loose trails of smoke twirling in the wake of the fan above. Muir could almost hear his mind rapidly flipping through its neural notebook as Vrill mentally recalled and sorted his list of leads before continuing.

"Skorm's the biggest red flag - the tabloids certainly didn't make much effort of hiding it, either. I may be in town because I want to get to the bottom of his... rehabilitation... but to begin with, a relatively fresh Toa team without too many battles under their belt being promoted as the official Toa team of Ko-Koro raises nearly as many questions, 'specially after what went down in Ga."

Vrill knew he didn't need to clarify which incident in question - the less that guardsmen talked about the infamous Daedra infiltration, the less embarrassed they felt for their sisters in the marines. Practically an unspoken rule that was understood by both the Sanctum Guardsman and the former Sentinel.

"Not even Kethrye had that kind of clout back in the day..." the soldier reminisced.

Edited by BULiK

Muir spread the tablets out across his desk, lens mechanisms whirring as he scanned through them. As he did so, his desk drawer appeared to open by itself, metal handle pulled by the phantom hand of magnetism. Muir nodded, seemingly to himself, then got to his feet.

"What do we know about the rest of the team?" he asked, his back to Vrill as he began to reach behind his filing cabinets.

Edited by Goose

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

"Not much - and that's what worries me," the detective said, careful to keep the conversation on how the Toa Kalta stood out to him and not why he was digging around in those records in the first place.

"Seven Toa, leader is a Ba-Toa called Aelied - there's plenty of fluff like that in the Mata Nui Daily articles about their appointment," Vrill began. He leaned forward, his chair now stable against the stone floor, as he pulled out a notebook from the many hidden compartments in his armor's crystal layers, reviewing his notes. He'd need to get a lot more familiar with these names, just in case.

"Aelied, Kalyss, Casanuva, Vakua, Cyrix, Zueya, and our pal Skorm. Wide variety of elements, you can check the file. From what I could tell, they must have formed relatively shortly before the recapture of Ko - there's just not much out there on them before then. Their participation in that battle is probably a large part of why the new Akiri wanted them on retainer."

"The only major thing before that I could find was that skirmish Skorm had in Ga-Koro. From the sounds of things, it was some kind of infighting, as he was fighting the Kalta. Supposedly joined the team after this Stannis Maru thing some time after that."

Edited by BULiK

Muir's hand emerged holding a corkboard, which he hung on the wall. Behind him, scraps of paper floated out of his desk drawer, suspended by the same pins that then embedded them on the board. Along with them came a metal stylus and inkpot, the latter of which set itself down atop the filing cabinet as Muir retrieved the pen and began to write each of the names Vrill had recited, along with others - Stannis, Warua, Antidermis - and the six Koro, arranged around a single word at the centre:

:a::k::i::r::i:

"So, tell me about this new Akiri of yours."

Edited by Goose
  • Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

"Tarkahn," Vrill smoothly stated. "Onu-Matoran inventor. Former arms dealer. Won the election on his policy of militarization, and promise of keeping the city safe, preventing another calamity."

The Legacy's invasion of Ko-Koro left an unspoken legacy of it's own, which could be seen in the optics of every Ko-Koronan native. The streets were different. Quieter and less lively, something outsiders might not have considered possible. It would take years of renovations to remove all the city's scars, those subtle reminders of the battles that haunted the Ko-Matoran.

Vrill didn't blame them for voting out of that fear.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

“I’m all too aware of his policies. I’ve been following the news out of Ko pretty closely; a lot of it’s been sounding very familiar.” Muir’s soft voice remained steady, but the undercurrent of anger was unmissable. With the pieces laid out on the corkboard, he returned to his desk, grabbing a pile of red string.

“I don’t like how we’ve been dancing to and fro with the brink of war,” Muir announced, joining the dots. “I don’t like how we ousted one militaristic Akiri, and another popped up in his place a few Koros over. And I don’t like how your description of him consists only of publicly available information.”

Extremism, it seemed, was on the rise; and whereas with Hewkii, it had at least been rejected by most, Ko-Koro now embraced it willingly. But Muir had seen where that path had led his own Koro - seeing history begin to repeat was deeply concerning, especially when it brought the same spook to his door.

Edited by Goose

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

"Same as it was with Hewkii," the detective began with nod to Fenn. "Not everyone agrees with what Tarkahn's up to."

Muirtagh's disdain for Hewkii's own mandates wasn't a shock to Vrill - in fact, their prior experience on that subject was precisely why he knew Fenn was the only person he could trust with helping in his mission. It was a pleasant surprise that he'd been following Ko's politics this closely - the detective was satisfied that his hunch about Fenn had proven true. So far.

"Plenty of Sanctum vets know that conscripted civs are only meant to fight a PR battle, and will lead to a slaughter if Ko-Wahi heats up again."

Another drag on Vrill's smoke as he got up and moved to stand at the board. The fog of war manifested with every exhalation, lingering in the open space around the red strings.

"I agree - there's definitely more to Tarkahn than the Sanctum's press releases would lead us to believe. Maybe your Kanohi can make some headway with anyone on the board that we meet. If we go to Ko to check out what Tarkahn and the Kalta have to do with each other behind closed doors, we'll have to be careful."

A knowing glance.

"You know what they say - Matoro's always listening."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Muir nodded, his suspicions confirmed:

This most definitely was not just about the Kalta. As expected, Vrill had a bigger target in mind.

“I agree, which is a good reason to delay that particular line of inquiry. Especially when we’ve already got leads.” Muir tapped the scrap of paper that read Po-Koro Hospital. “This is the obvious place to start. Close to home, and not likely to immediately ruffle feathers. I’d say Ta-Koro would be our next stop; the Guard has a long memory, and this Magmatide Inn business bears investigation. But on the other hand…”

Muir’s finger moved to Stannis’ name. “Rumour has it he’s in town. He’s high profile, and high risk, but he is known to... wander. Might be difficult to track him down later, especially if we’ve lost the element of surprise.”

Edited by Goose

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

"Exactly - pursuing the local leads first before going further is the best option," Vrill agreed. "The Maru have a habit of hopping around the island, so if Stannis is here now, getting info from him now will save us a lot of time. I'd much rather chat with him about Skorm than try to uncover and decipher hospital and police reports."

"Better to start with the most recent event and work our way backwards to Ta-Koro and maybe Ga if needed. But hopefully Stannis can tell us everything we need to know. Karz, it must be good if what he did convinced them to let Skorm in on the team."

The crystalline outer coating of Vrill's Kanohi shifted from it's typical kakama-esque shape into that of a Calix. He turned around and snuffed out his cigarette in the well-worn ashtray on Fenn's desk. The detective looked back to Muirtagh.

"Anything else before we move out?"

“Just one thing.”

Muir unhooked the corkboard from the wall, and returned it to its spot behind his filing cabinets. After that, he stubbed out his own cigarette and left it to peeter out in the ashtray. Finally, he activated the magnetic tricks around his doors and windows that acted as intruder detection - and did so mentally, because partners or not, there was only so far he was inclined to trust Vrill. “Let’s go find ourselves a wanderer.”

OOC: i roam around around around around around around around-

• Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

The glass sheets of notes floated beneath Vrill's light grey cloak, slotting into compartments that grew in the crystalline armor where he kept all his belongings.

Orange, shaded crystal grew in the eye slots of the detective's kanohi as he stepped outside and was illuminated by the desert sun.

Edited by BULiK