Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IC: Skyra Daring - Iron Mahi heading to Po-koro -

"Nobody tell him anything! He has to figure it out himself." 

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"There are no Aggressors." Krayn said, a little suddenly for the relative non-sequitur. Something that had been tickling at the back of his mind since he stepped on board the Fowadi again finally seemed out of place, too far out of place for it to be coincidental. For Dorian to call him an Aggressor made sense; he had known most of them while they had operated under that moniker, or at least close enough to those circumstances. But something about Dehkaz's tense, and Skyra's continued use of it, sounded very wrong. He tilted his head and turned it to look at Dehkaz directly. "The Aggressors disbanded. Years ago. Tillian retired. And Naona stayed in Ko-Wahi. Extended leave. There's no Aggressors task group."

"Unless I missed something?"

  • Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: A furrow developed in the young Toa's new mask. Head tilting up and to the side as he mentally went through who had which bunk. With all these new people he'd have to go update the actual chart soon just make sure nothing got mixed up. Paperwork was a pain but it definitely made running such a complex organization possible. That thought sent his mind back to the unfinished stack of papers in his cabin and an unconscious grimace crossed the Fe-Toa's face.

"Third row, top bunk. The frames are designed so you can have a mattress or hammock. I'd personally suggest the hammock but sometimes it takes newcomers time to adjust to life on a ship."

  • Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Noka (Fowadi)

"Thanks, I'll try both. What, um..." her eyes rolled back, as if searching for an appropriate phrasing behind her mask, but she didn't seem to find it by the time they returned to Kale. "...This seems like a stupid question, but what job have I been accepted for?"

Edited by Wotz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: "Whatever we happen to need at the time." There was a a sardonic grin somewhere in his words but they clearly weren't intended to be mocking. "We'll teach you how to handle the boat but for the most part you will be part of our combat team. Our missions tend to be pretty varied so you'll likely end up doing more than just fighting but it's pretty good bet that there will be someone who deserves a punch in the face wherever we end up."

  • Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Noka (Fowadi)

"It'll be my pleasure." She nodded, saluted and left the room, heading for the crew quarters.

Noka couldn't help but smile on her way down the corridor. She had missed this. Years ago, it had always felt like a struggle; 'Duty' always felt like a chore. But nobody talked about the Three Virtues anymore. The world had grown up - it didn't need the old ways of the Turaga anymore. She certainly didn't.

But after all of her time away, military interactions were - no matter how informal - refreshing. Everybody held respect for each other, but it was respect with distance. With space. Nobody cared about who she was, where she came from, or her favourite soup. Everybody was there with a common purpose; her thoughts were her own.

...Anyway, hammock or mattress...? Screw it, let's go for the hammock. I'm sick of mattresses.

There was an appropriately-sized compartment for her possessions. She made to leave her blade there, too, but someone entered the room. It was a Ga-Matoran sailor, with whom she made eye contact as he crossed the room to his bunk. He grabbed whatever he needed and left, most innocently. Almost without thinking, and with her eyes still lingering on the empty doorway, Noka strapped the sword back onto her back.

Internally, she said nothing, but remembered there was a gym at the other end of the corridor. When she got there, there was someone else inside, a Toa, meditating (or some such practice - it was alien to her) on the other side of the room. Good. Then he won't disturb me.

After finding a good spot, she fell forward like a pillar, and caught herself with two well-placed hands flat against the floor, proceeding into pushups. After a minute or two, she questioned herself. Rude? Is this rude? What is he doing, anyway?

She rotated her body so that she was facing him on one arm, the other behind her back, and called across the room, "I'm not disturbing you, am I...?" She slowly moved up and down unconsciously as she spoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Luten - Fowadi - Ostia:

A small chime sounded in Kale's mind, but Luten did not speak. the connection between the two became soft and hazy, a usual sign that Luten had drifted off to sleep.

Meeting so many in one day, and moving around as much as she had was draining.

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 1

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

Kreff scuttled over to Jokaro's spot without prompting, retrieving the discarded barrel before making his way back over to my corner, holding it up for me to glance at before I grabbed it and put it next to me at my workstation. Just needed a visual reference. The lathe spun up, holding the work element in place as I began to etch out the shape. Steady hands were a gift from the Great Spirit in times like these. The shape of the barrel was to be the same, just a difference of scale to work with the increased output that Jokaro's modifications had created. It was a fine balancing act. It couldn't be too thick or heavy, or the point about reducing the weapon's weight would be undercut. My tools worked intricate, deep grooves into the barrel, didn't just look nice, but shed excess weight and mass in an even distribution.

One barrel became too long, another too thick, discarded in turn. The research notes drawn up by Jo were re-assessed, modified slightly, and then not so slightly in search of the right result. I pulled up one of my diskette pistols to regard in my hand as food for thought, before going back to it.

When I was done, I took it up, pinched between finger and hand as I turned to where Jokaro was still sitting. In a moment like this, with an esteemed colleague hard at work, I had the sense to avoid some of my usual frivolity. I simply placed the finished result on the table next to him.

"There you are, one fitted barrel made from scratch, as requested.

OOC: @Perp


BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Trava-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [Kohra - Po-koro, Streets]

 

Kohra, for the first time in a long time, let out a sound that could almost be construed as…laughter?

 

It hurt to laugh. But she couldn’t help it anyway.

 

“At this point…I’m ready to try pretty much anything. Witch doctor maybe, or…miracle cactus? Was that a thing?”

 

She took a deep breath, swaying slightly, but kept standing.

 

“So…” she started, wincing slightly as she felt another stab, “do you know anyone who might help?”
 

OOC: @Tarn, thanks for being patient. Pretty busy at the moment.


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

The large Toa, sitting cross legged with his eyes closed, breathed deeply and slowly, remaining unresponsive and silent for a brief moment before he opened his eyes to regard the Matoran in the room with him. Working out, slowly doing her push-ups as if automatically while addressing him. His gaze, resting on her while he spoke, was neutral. "Not at all. Quite certain this gym is meant to be shared." He responded matter-of-factly. He didn't recognize her but then he probably hadn't met most of the crew yet, so he thought nothing of it. For a moment, he wondered how long he'd been meditating. There had been a lot on his mind, and his legs were getting tired in this position.

@Wotz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

"Meditation. It helps to calm the mind and centre the spirit." With a quiet groan, Tirokk stood up to his full imposing height, before proceeding to performing various stretches with further groaning. "Of course, it's best not to remain in the same position for too long."

@Wotz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Noka (Fowadi Gym)

"No kidding," she replied, not entirely understanding the first part, but certainly the second. The lactic acid in her left arm was telling her to switch, and she did, creating a thud as the rounded part of her right hand struck the padded floor under her weight. Now facing away from him, she spoke at the empty wall, musing, "Meditation... Isn't that what they do in Ko-Koro...?"

Edited by Wotz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Streets

“Miracle Ca—? If it’s a thing, I’ve never heard of it.”

Datrox thought for a moment. He was well-traveled and knew where to find most things, most places. He had an idea. “There’s a healer in Ga-Koro, although that is a ways from here. Would you be able to make the trip?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend 


galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

With much of the administrative work taken care of for the day, Rynekk settled himself onto one of the barrels on deck and allowed himself to rest after this long trip from Ko-Koro.

"I'm sorry I've been away for so long, Kale," he said, adjusting his hat to block the harsh mid-day sun shining down, checkered, through the Fowadi's rigging. "From what I hear, a lot of the old team pulled up stakes after we freed Ko. I can only imagine how tough it must have been to try and run the ol' girl with half of what we're used to, huh?"

OOC: @Silvan Haven

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

With a dispassionate sigh, Jokaro set down his tools after several straight hours of work. His throat had once again become dry, and his arms ached something awful. Having to manually cut through metal sheeting with nothing more than a saw and some heavy shears was a slow and arduous task, but eventually he’d gotten it done. The new trigger and gas seal were in place - the pump would be ready to be installed once the front mounting plate was complete, which was the task currently occupying the Po-Matoran as he removed his goggles and stretched his limbs. It wasn’t long after that Farzan approached him, fresh new barrel in hand. He managed a hoarse “thank you” as he took hold of it, remarking to himself about just how much lighter it was compared to the old barrel - a night and day difference.

Clearing his throat, he spun his stool around to face the Fa-Matoran. There were a few more items that the new launcher needed before it would be ready, and Jokaro was already preoccupied with the internal mechanisms.

“Say, Farzan…”

He lazily scratched his chin as his eye caught sight of one of the Diskette pistols Farzan had been tooling around with across the room.

“...do you like movies about Gladiators?”

Wait, no.

“...how are your woodworking skills?”

___ __ _

 

IC: Ember - Ostia, deck of the Fowadi

She snapped a quick salute to the XO before making an about-face to return abovedecks and begin her work. There was a funny feeling, deep in the pit of her stomach, that was something between anxiety and excitement. It had been a long, long time since she’d been this far down the chain of command, and it stirred up memories of rough seas and the stink of aged fish-nets, back when she was greener than the superstructure of her Koro of origin.

That is, to say, it made her feel both young and nervous simultaneously, displaced way into her own past. The ladder to the main deck loomed before her now, the daylight spilling through the bulkhead and creating a portal to a world that she knew intimately. The smell of the sea hit her nostrils again as she stepped into the sun and the clamor of Po-Matoran sailors milling about this way and that, up and down the ratlines, and tethered over the bulwarks surrounded her. And again, she looked up at the furled sails, the rigging not nearly as neat as someone of her pedigree found tolerable.

She scanned the deck, and quickly she laid her sights upon one of the rockheads with his nose buried in a clipboard, a pencil scribbling away as others trundled up to him and made their reports. He was her prime target.

Oi!She shouted, garnering the stares of several of the crew nearby. “Who’s responsible fer the state o’ these lines?! I seen less slack in a lit’l one’s jump-rope! Din anyone teach ye howta properly run a buntline through to a block and - and fer Spirit’ sake, look at the droop on yer forestay! I swear to ye...

OOC: Aaaaand I’ll just leave her there for now. When ya need her, come get her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dehkaz [Iron Mahi to Po-Koro]

"A bit, Krayn," Dehkaz said, understanding sweeping over his complexion as he realized where Krayn's sudden confusion was originating from.

"Like I said earlier, the island has both changed considerably over the past few years, and barely changed at all in others. One thing has become more than abundantly clear, institutions," He glanced over to Shaddix, before returning his gaze to Krayn, "are slow to act at best, ineffectual most of the time, and completely corrupt at worst. Trusting them to be able to keep the greater good in mind in any of their actions, whether it serves them directly or not, is not something I'm willing to gamble on. Not with what's at stake."

"The Guard is better than most, but they're still Guards at the end of the day. They were built to defend the Koros back during the war, and that guiding function hasn't changed much in the decades since. Pushing any of the villages to take proactive action again anything and risk leaving their villages with weakened defenses is a non-starter for nearly every Akiri. Unless, of course, an entire village is under the sway of Makuta."

"The Aggressors gives us a means to act outside of the structure of the Guard, with those who are not necessarily members," He acknowledged Skyra and Praggos with a nod, "To do the things that the island's Guards won't or can't do themselves. I've been working to gain the support of Koros, and give them the opportunity for some of their members who would do more good in a less structured environment to join us, but we don't need their support. We have a ship, we have supplies, we have a crew. At the end of the day we are not beholden to the whims of any one of the Akiri, nor will we have to wait for the go-ahead from any one of the villages to act."

Dehkaz paused a moment to collect his thoughts, his gaze unfocusing before returning resolute and steely-eyed back to the toa of Sonics' own, though his tone was quieter, more solemn than it had been a breath before.

"We do more good together as a team than we ever did alone."

  • Like 2

scene.png

BZPRPG -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: That might have been the last of them. At least for now. Considering the way today was going he wouldn't be surprised if half a dozen more people trickled along to try out. It did mean that he was free to give his friend the attention he deserved. The silvered Toa turned to his lounging companion. A small smirk crossing his lips as he looked at the other's relaxed form.

"Ko-koro was harsh. We all needed a break froms aving the day. Karz, the whole island needed a break. Thankfully the last couple months have been pretty quiet. It hasn't been easy, as you've said. Sometimes it feels like this ship is trying to swallow me into her bowls and never let me out. The refit is nice but I won't deny that the amount of administrative work is driving me up the wall. I used to be able to get Naona to do some of it..."

He shook his head and walked over to rest on the gunwale next to the other Toa. A voice a bit more mature, more weathered than when Rynekk has heard it last slipping out to fly away on the sea breeze.

"I'm glad you're back. I needed a friend. Or at least one that I didn't have to keep from chasing butterflies or fending off the bad memories with a secret stash of liquor that I absolutely do not know about."

  • Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

"Well... yes. But the discipline has spread over the island due to its applications. It's very helpful when you have... a lot on your mind." Tirokk responded, grabbing a dumbbell of considerable size off of one of the racks and sitting down on one of the benches to start doing some reps. After some consideration, the Toa spoke up again. "I'm Tirokk, by the way."

@Wotz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [Kohra - Po-koro, Streets]

“I...might be misremembering.”

She could have sworn that had been a thing. 

The Vortixx’ eyes were full of doubt as she looked off into the distance, trying to figure out how far the trip would be. Ga-Koro...sounded familiar? But she had no reference point as to its exact location relative to theirs.

“Yes, I think I can make it...but...not alone.”

“How do we get there?”
 

OOC: @Tarn


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2021 at 11:02 AM, Silvan Haven said:

The bodyguard nodded politely to them and stepped to the side. A feminine voice calling to them from somewhere out of sight. It was deeper than might usually be expected for a woman. Soft edges ground away to reveal the solid core within.

"Come in. It's not often I get guests at my home. Even less so that they are one of the leading Toa on the island. Please come in. Make yourselves comfortable."

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"Akiri," the Maru leader saluted with a sluggish morning bravado and tossed a halfhearted salute. He still hadn't finished his second cup of joe, and while it was tough to say whether the caffeine ever actually quickened his pace any it at least made him more sociable, much in the same vein as the hashish and cactus leaf made him believe he was a wizard. The drilled military precision of his Ta-Koro Guard days was long gone, and Stannis took small pleasure in the luxury of never having to worry about rank again. He respected the akiri, truly, but he was not a soldier anymore, nor would he bother playing one on Brickbuster shows, either, so the nonchalance was a genuine nod of honor. 

"Thank you very much Akiri," Ra'lhen said. Doing a small salute, "It's an honor. I'm Ra'lhen, a Sentinel from Ostia under Squad Leader Wokodin's command. We're here to inquire about possible expeditions that might further ensure Po-Wahi's security," Ra'lhen rattled off. 

Stannis set the platter of still-warm bread and cold sausage slices on the nearest table, said a small prayer to himself that started with something like "All hear the tale..." and then produced a pair of hot kettles held by their long handles in the same hand that the platter was in before.

"I may have said something about the Dark Walk needing a sweep. Ah, so, coffee... or tea? Both are black. It's PYOM*, unfortunately." @Silvan Haven

@Emzee

*provide your own mug

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Ostia, Fowadi)

The conversation between Rynekk and Ironshaper had clearly become quite personal, and so, rather than continue to follow them around like a Burnak pup, Tekmo left to further explore the ship.


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, Onaku said:

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

IC: Noka (Fowadi Gym)

"I'm- Noka-" she replied between crunches. There was a silence as they both continued honing their herculean physiques at either end of the room.

After some deliberation, Noka got up and leaned against one of the beams supporting the ceiling. "Anything you'd be willing to share?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

"It's not my greatest skill, I'll have to admit that much," I readily conceded, "but I've got more than just the basics down, too. I've got what it takes to shape wood for practical use, just don't ask me to carve and ornate wallclock. Or you could, by all means do if you think the result would be hilarious"

OOC: @Perp


BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Trava-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

Tirokk raised an eyebrow at the question, looking up with an inquisitive expression as he continued his reps. "Share? How do you mean?"

@Wotz

Edited by Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

"Ah. Well... perhaps. It's not very complicated, so I can certainly tell you the basics of it." Tirokk explained, shifting the dumbbell to his other hand to start doing reps with that arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

Rynekk clapped a hand on his old friend's shoulder, a weary smile on his face.

"Right back 'atcha, Kale," he said, looking at across the ship's deck to the ocean beyond. "I... If ever there's been someone I could count on... right through Tadris, and Stendhal, and whole ###### mess of Ko... it's been you."

His smile faltered for a moment, before failing entirely.

"Reckon this ship'll need the two of us now more than ever, huh," he said. "You've heard the whispers, haven't you? About Him."

OOC: @Silvan Haven

-Void

 


 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

He waved his hand dismissively as the Fa-Matoran went on about ornate carvings.

“I’m no artiste. Some basic furniture will suffice. One second.”

With another flurry of pencil-strokes upon a page of his notebook, with the occasional pause to take some measurements from the barrel and launcher chassis on his desk, Jokaro quickly produced another set of sketches and schematics for the wooden furniture of the soon-to-be-realized tested V2 Patero.

“You could probably even saw the stock off of a Sentinel crossbow and use that,” he half-joked, handing off the page to Farzan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

Krayn stayed silent but the pursing of his lips spoke volumes about what he thought. He couldn't fault the logic, not on any reasonable level. But something about it didn't sit well. Disrespectful. That's what it felt like. Disrespectful to reuse the name. Disrespectful to reform the task force without its original leadership. Without most of its original membership, for that matter. And especially disrespectful to recruit new members so... Easily.

It was disrespectful to everything they went through before. He doubted he would ever call them by name. 

Rather than voice any of his thoughts, not that it was easy to miss the growing frown, he closed his eyes. It had been a long journey, he might as well catch a little shut-eye on the train.

  • Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Skyra Daring - Iron Mahi heading to Po-koro -

Uh-oh, Krayn was getting hung up on semantics. He didn't have to say anything for me to know how he felt at that moment, women's intuition or some bull#### like that. 

I understood how he felt though, a good bit of the former Aggressors weren't around anymore, I could see why using the name might bother him. While it didn't bother me too much, perhaps it would of been better to come up with a new name? I shrugged to myself, it wasn't my call to make at any rate, I wasn't in charge. 

Seeing Krayn shut his eyes I decided to follow suit, it wouldn't be too hard to fall asleep like this, between the moving train and the oversized plushie. 

I also took great pleasure in knowing that Praggos would most likely spent the next while trying to figure out what plimbo meant. He would fail of course, as plimbos are bound to do.

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC:

Really, though. A "plimbo."

What is that?

Perhaps I'll never know.

Edited by Pteronura Brasiliensis
  • Like 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Streets

“I figured that much,” he said. “And I’m here to be with you along the way.”

Then, envisioning a map of the island in his mind’s eye, Datrox turned his head towards the direction of Ga-Wahi—or at least where he remembered it being. “It’s southeast of here. Fastest route would probably be to take the Iron Mahi—oh you probably don’t remember what that is—to Forsi, then take a ferry down to Ga-Koro.”

Thinking again, he turned back to Kohra. “Anything you need to do before you leave? It has been a while since I last ate, come to think of it…”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend (my mata nui geography might be tenuous)

  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau: [BZPRPG] :kaukau:
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

The Toa did a few more reps, before finally putting away the dumbbell and stepping out onto the mat with the matoran. "Hmm... alright, start by sitting down, cross-legged." Tirokk explained, sitting down and crossing his legs in demonstration. "If you prefer to sit some other way, do so. Whatever position is most comfortable for you to stay in for a while." He explained. Then, he closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, his wide and chiseled chest expanding as he inhaled, before shrinking as he slowly exhaled. "Next, start breathing. Breathe deep, breathe out slowly. Now focus on your breathing. Breathe in deep. Breathe out slowly. Follow that sensation, keep your attention on it." 

He breathed deep again, and exhaled slowly, demonstrating to her with closed eyes before opening them again. "Inevitably, your mind will wander. When you notice this, return your attention to the breathing. Don't get caught up in where your mind went or that it wandered, just come back." Tirokk returned to his breathing, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly, giving Noka good time to try it out for herself before finally he spoke up again.

"Keep this up until you're ready to stop. When you are, lift or open your eyes slowly. Take note of the sounds in the environment. How your body feels. How you feel. What you're thinking." Tirokk opened his eyes once more, taking in Noka's form and her posture. "And that's it. That's the basics of meditation as I know them."

@Wotz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

They could make drifting off seem so simple. Dor had once been possessed of that same skill - the ability to drift off anywhere, anytime, in order to recuperate. He wasn't sure where exactly his sleep had gone away. He had only really noticed its absence, and tried to fill the void by singing to himself. Like a child did, for protection.

Another sunny afternoon, walking to the sound of my favorite tune...

Quietly, though, so as to not wake up Krayn. He looked younger when he slept.

God he could breed me.

-Tyler

  • Like 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2021 at 4:14 AM, Onaku said:

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

IC: Noka (Fowadi Gym)

As Tirokk spoke, she nodded attentively, and followed what he instructed as he spoke - but she did not close her eyes. He didn't seem threatening, if anything he came across quite calming, but she would not close her eyes. Still, she was intrigued by this strange practice and couldn't help but become entrained by the rhythm of his breathing.

What a load of Ko-Koronan nonsense.

Quiet you.

"Okay, so close eyes - breathe deep - focus on breathing - right? Is that all?" Her tone was a little more standoffish than she intended.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dehkaz [Iron Mahi to Po-Koro]

The toa of Magnetism watched as both Krayn and Skyra took the opportunity to catch up on some much needed shut-eye, impressive given the periodic bumps on the tracks as Iron Mahi made its way through the sandy expanse between the two villages. Their passenger cabin was quite, save the creaking and groaning of the metal shell that they found themselves in, punctuated by the soft singing coming from none other than Dorian. For the briefest of moments, spurred on by his idle mind working on it's own accord, Dehkaz thought about doing his best to see if the mercenary had any more insight into what exactly had happened-- and what was going to happen. But the thought died as he looked across to where the two toa sat.

Instead, he produced a piece of parchment from the satchel which he carried from the Fowadi, and an accompanying stylus, and began to make a few marks on the page.

* * *

It wasn't much longer until the Iron Mahi pulled up to its Po-Koro station, a whistle announcing its arrival, along with the sudden increase in volume as the chatter from workers and passengers began to filter in through the crystalline windows.

  • Like 4

scene.png

BZPRPG -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tirokk - Fowadi Gym

"Deceptively simple in concept, I know. But yes. That's pretty much all there is to it, focusing on your breathing. Trains mindfulness, calms the spirit. It's helped me a great deal in the past. Often the places your mind drifts are helpful to reflect upon after you're done meditating, to see what weighs upon you the most. At least, that's how I've come to view it."

@Wotz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...