More “Mata Nui” Online Games would be nice.

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. I know that you guys are obsessed with the Mata Nui Online game in 2001 and the 2001 story arc more than anything else (other stuff in 2001, 2002-2010, Hero Factory, and G2. Would be cool if you guys do just to give love to those guys, too), and I enjoyed the game, too, so here’s something that I would love to ask you guys. I get that Mata Nui Online is the best online game because it does world-building, as it shows what is life on the island of Mata Nui like and that the game was used to conclude the 2001 story arc rather than letting Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui do it due to that game being cancelled, but would you guys like if the other G1 story arcs, HF, and G2 had similar games with similar gameplay to MNOG? Of course, the game is where you play as Takua during the Toa Mata’s quest, even though that the Toa are the main protagonists of the 2001 story arc and TLoMN was going to have them as that in itself. 

Well, there is Mata Nui Online Game 2 in late 2003, which is where you do chores for Matoran, but it is kind of hectic because of some tasks and glitches, don’t you think? It would be nice if that game had a similar gameplay to number 1 just to be simple. 

Plus, there is Voya Nui Online Game in 2006, but it’s non-canon and does turn-based RPG stuff, even though it shows you Voya Nui’s landscape. It would be nice if there is a game where you play as the Voya Nui Resistance Team and do classic MNOG 1 stuff. It would show people’s lives on Voya Nui. 

A fan made a Mata Nui Online Game called Mata Nui Online Game 1.5: The Bohrok Swarms, where it is very much like Mata Nui Online Game 1, but it is based on the 2002 story arc. Sadly, it’s not finished. Someone needs to finish that game. I mean, this game has the right idea. 

If Metru Nui in 2004 had a game, it would have the Great Disc Matoran or Takua as the main protagonists. It would be a good idea to see how Takua’s Metru Nui life is like before the events of the 2001 story arc. It would foreshadow Karda Nui, both from his life in there in the past and in the events of the 2008 story arc. I don’t know about the 2005 story arc, but it would be cool to have a game that takes place between the 2005 and 2001 story arcs, where it shows the the Matoran’s lives on the island of Mata Nui. Quest for the Toa is one thing, but it would be interesting to show the Matoran’s encounter with the Kraata before the events of QftT. 

If Mahri Nui in 2007 had a game, it would show people’s lives on Mahri Nui. It would have either Dekar or Deflaik as the main protagonists. I can say the same for Karda Nui in 2008, where you play as the Phantoka Toa Nuva’s Av-Matoran partners. It would show why Gavla dislikes her fellow Av-Matoran. 

If Bara Magna in 2009 had a game, it would show people’s lives in Bara Magna more. I would think that either Berix, Tarduk, or whoever would be good fit for being the protagonists. Plus, you could have arena matches with Glatorian, their Agori partners, and vehicle drivers. I can say the same for Spherus Magna in 2010-2011, but with the Matoran Universe people included. You could play as either someone from SM or MU. You could also relive Spherus Magna’s history, and this game would make a good conclusion to G1 in a way. 

For Hero Factory, I got that written down: 

For G2, I would imagine a game or two that shows people’s lives in Okoto. It would show the time when Makuta created the Mask of Ultimate Power and the Okotans’ perspective during the Toa’s quests. 

If there were a re-continuation for the G1 story, HF, and/or a reasonable for Bionicle and Hero Factory, where they start with a game similar to MNOG 1, that would be fantastic. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 3 weeks later...

what is the point of this thread?

• Upvote 2

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 9/20/2021 at 2:30 AM, Heyzorks said:

what is the point of any thread?

what is the point of BZPower?

Discussing things. There's nothing here to discuss in this topic. "More Bionicle media would have been nice" isn't a topic for discussion. It's just a general statement 

• Upvote 3

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10 hours ago, Lorentz said:
On 9/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, Heyzorks said:

what is the point of any thread?

what is the point of BZPower?

Discussing things. There's nothing here to discuss in this topic. "More Bionicle media would have been nice" isn't a topic for discussion. It's just a general statement 

ok. i won't try to make jokes.

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

19 hours ago, Lorentz said:

People are entitled to their opinions and should they choose to, to discuss them with other individuals who may have additional things to say on the topic, as another user did weeks before!

• Upvote 1

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Here's what i remember. Mata Nui Online Game 2 with Hahlii was too tedious for me to calculate everything need for the items in the first chapter. Flax and Harakeke shells. Never finished it.

Voya Nui Online Game seemed way too complex for me at the time and i lost interest in it quickly. Some of the battles late in the game like Vezon are really long.

If you ask me, Voya Nui Online Game doesn't deserve the name. Not that it's a bad game, but it's not in the same league as MNOG I & II.

MNOG was a good game theoretically bogged down by technical problems. It had a lot of really interesting ideas (Kolhii, the trading, etc.) but I suspect the developers rushed it out due to the popularity of the original. I ultimately remember it fondly for the worldbuilding alone. Watching Mask of Light for the first time, having played some MNOG II helped make Mata Nui feel like a more fleshed-out location than it actually was in the film.

Ultimately, the early period was lightning in a bottle. LEGO couldn't have kept that train going at that same high energy if they tried. So many things had to go right: the worldbuilding, the toys themselves, Flash and LEGO being in a good enough position to begin with to experiment. The last thing Templar produced for Bionicle were the Vahki animations, and I think they were a nice final contribution and brought a little pinch of MNOG magic to Metru Nui.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On 9/25/2021 at 11:08 PM, Master Inika said:

If you ask me, Voya Nui Online Game doesn't deserve the name. Not that it's a bad game, but it's not in the same league as MNOG I & II.

MNOG was a good game theoretically bogged down by technical problems. It had a lot of really interesting ideas (Kolhii, the trading, etc.) but I suspect the developers rushed it out due to the popularity of the original. I ultimately remember it fondly for the worldbuilding alone. Watching Mask of Light for the first time, having played some MNOG II helped make Mata Nui feel like a more fleshed-out location than it actually was in the film.

Ultimately, the early period was lightning in a bottle. LEGO couldn't have kept that train going at that same high energy if they tried. So many things had to go right: the worldbuilding, the toys themselves, Flash and LEGO being in a good enough position to begin with to experiment. The last thing Templar produced for Bionicle were the Vahki animations, and I think they were a nice final contribution and brought a little pinch of MNOG magic to Metru Nui.

One glitch i remember is that the Ta-Matoran supposed to give you a lava board is actually bugged. It can take several clicks to get him to respond and notice you.

16 hours ago, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

One glitch i remember is that the Ta-Matoran supposed to give you a lava board is actually bugged. It can take several clicks to get him to respond and notice you.

Headcanon: that is not a bug, that Ta-Matoran is just very rude

• Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On 9/24/2021 at 7:28 PM, wopup2 said:

A story-based point and click seems like it wouldn't be too hard nowadays.

That’s what I want for all of the games that I mentioned. Plus, Mata Nui Online Game 1.5: The Bohrok Swarms has the right idea. 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:56 PM, Lorentz said:

You know, that’s a bit rude. I was trying to make a good title. Plus, people love the Mata Nui Online Game. 

On 9/20/2021 at 5:31 AM, Heyzorks said:

bit of a generalization, mate.

i think a karda nui online game would have been great.

Well, people love the Mata Nui Online Game. Plus, I was trying to make a start to state my point of this topic. 

On 9/24/2021 at 5:31 PM, Fyndegil said:

People are entitled to their opinions and should they choose to, to discuss them with other individuals who may have additional things to say on the topic, as another user did weeks before!

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)