The LEGO Group and Nintendo Reveal their Latest Collaboration

After some social media teasers and leaks, we now know about the LEGO Super Mario 64 ? Block to hit the LEGO Super Mario universe, expanding the offerings on the adult-oriented side of the LEGO-Nintendo partnership. The set, 71395 Super Mario 64 Question Mark Block, will go on sale October 1st, contains 2064 pieces, and will retail for $170 in the US. While on the outside it looks like the iconic block from the Nintendo 64 launch title, an ingenious mechanism reveals microscale versions of Peach's Castle, Bob-omb Battlefield, Cool, Cool Mountain, and Lethal Lava Trouble hidden within. This set looks like it will be awesome to both build and display and I'm sure it will be going on every Nintedo fan's LEGO wishlist this holiday season!

View the full article

Boy, that’s awesome. I mean, this thing’s huge! Anyway, it would be nice if Lego had concentrated for making something that big to celebrate Bionicle’s 20th anniversary by putting Bionicle G1, G2 and Hero Factory stuff on a giant thing to tell the stories.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I know a lot of people are disappointed by the lack of minifigure scale Mario sets, but a box that folds out into scenes is cool at any scale. I'll still probably pass just do to price and space concerns. I've got my eyes on Ninjago City Gardens and maybe Spring Lantern Festival to be my big sets for the year.

As long as there are no real minifigures I'm not interested in the theme. The brickbuild characters that Lego is giving us here are a bad joke, without the mustache you couldn't even tell that it's supposed to be Mario. Also, it's funny that this is the ? Block, even though there are no ? Blocks in SM64. 

Edited by Sailor Wah!