A Digital Piece of Nostalgia

Hapori Tohu

2021-09-16_I_Am_Nothing_teaser.png
Sometimes you're inspired to build a LEGO MOC based on source material that is difficult if not impossible to recreate with physical bricks. But thanks to awesome digital building tools, we don't have to be confined by the laws of physics. BZPower member Alucus of the black Abyss wanted to recreate the first appearance of the Makuta (as Teridax was known back then) in the Mata Nui Online Game and has done so with I Am Nothing!, which you can check out in the Bionicle-Based Creations forum. I love their interpretation of the infected Matoran with the stream of pieces coming up behind it to form the frightening, shapeless cloud. The lighting effects really add to the mood and take me back to playing the game in 2001 - I can hear the music in my head. After you're done giving the model a closer look, make sure you take a gander at some of the other awesome creations that Alucus of the black Abyss has been sharing in the BBC forum as well!

View the full article

• Like 1