Heyzorks

when were lime joints discovered to be fragile?

so.

keelerak from 2005 has lime joints.

lessovik, ehlek, and hahli from 2007 have lime joints.

the question is:

what year were these joints discovered to be faulty/fragile/annoying/bad?

just curious. :)

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

Pretty sure it was 2007. I've never heard of anyone having trouble with Keelerak joints; it was Ehlek who first made them so infamous, if I recall rightly.

FbsbqP.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Aye, 2007. Never had any issues with my Keelerak, it was only once I got Hahli Mahri and later Ehlek that the problems began. Also had issues with the dark blue sockets from the 2008 Gali Nuva...

----------
As we ride again
To another end
Where it all begins
Forge ahead

----------

I found out when Ehlek's elbow broke the first time I built him straight out of the canister. So, 2007.

IetTsFQ.png

2005 was fine, 2007 was when lime joints became a problem. 2008 is when all joints became a problem.

On that note, I've been having more and more difficulty with original 2001 parts. Not the sockets, but the axle holders, mainly at the area where the Toa's legs and Bohrok's limbs connect to the axle coming out of the body.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

34 minutes ago, Master Inika said:

On that note, I've been having more and more difficulty with original 2001 parts. Not the sockets, but the axle holders, mainly at the area where the Toa's legs and Bohrok's limbs connect to the axle coming out of the body.

I've noticed that being a problem in the past 5 years or so. Most of the 2001 parts that I needed replacing are the axle holders that you are speaking of.

For some reason the Bohrok-Kal's broke first, the black ones lasted a long time, but eventually wore down. Since at the time they were 15 years old, I'd say that's a pretty good run overall. Better than breaking almost instantly like 2008 onward.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I was in my lego dark ages during this time so I never had to deal with the fragile lime parts. I did come across some brittle dark red and the new reddish brown lego parts a few years later, which were produced around the same time

PM me if you have a White Huna :huna: and/or Yellow Ruru :ruru: I'm willing to pay if you're willing to sell! If not, PM me anyway, I'm very curious about where they came from! :howdy:

My brother had Keelerak, and the joints did break, but I can't recall how quickly it happened. He also had Ehlek, and a leg joint broke on the first connection straight out of the canister. Mahri Hahlis in our family did not fare so well, either.

eKnight

Someday, I will figure out the ranking system here.

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

2007 was a disaster for lime joints. However for 6 years straigth the old design was thick and sturdy. I never understood why they did the 2008 change. They most likely wanted a tighter grip similar to the black joints used in titan figures and fill in the gaps on small hand size sockets. But slimming the joints made them too way too thin.

Why were they unable to design make the thick Hero Factory improved joints earlier?

On 10/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

2007 was a disaster for lime joints. However for 6 years straigth the old design was thick and sturdy. I never understood why they did the 2008 change. They most likely wanted a tighter grip similar to the black joints used in titan figures and fill in the gaps on small hand size sockets. But slimming the joints made them too way too thin.

Why were they unable to design make the thick Hero Factory improved joints earlier?

I'm pretty sure it all had to do with the quality of the plastic, not the design.

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 

Amazing, I didn't know lime joints from 2005 were a thing, thank yall for pointing out a secondary source of parts just in case my 2007 sets break down.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.