The LEGO Group Reveals Massive Titanic Set

The latest addition to the high-end, collector-focused LEGO sets has been revealed: 10294 RMS Titanic, based on the iconic ship that first launched 110 years ago. The huge model is over four feet long and contains 9090 pieces. Not only does it capture the exterior in exquisite detail, but there are even interior sections such as the engine room and grand staircase to complete the experience. If you have a spare $629.99 USD, you can preorder the set starting November 1st, before the model sets 'sale' on November 8th. You can learn more about the set in the press release straight from the LEGO Newsroom.

View the full article

As much as I would absolutely love to have a Lego Titanic set (I even gave a vote of support for one such model on Lego Ideas), I'm afraid this one is going to be a little out of my league. I mean, the huge scale of this thing is astonishing. 9090 pieces?! $630?! 53 inches in length?! I don't have any shelves long enough, my parents would never let me spend that much for a single Lego set, and I'm such a slow builder that I would not be surprised if it would take me well over a month to fully assemble such an absolutely enormous model. The enthusiast in me absolutely wants this set, but the realist in me is saying it's just too outrageously oversized to be worth the effort.

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Jaw-dropping, hard to comprehend it's actually bricks. Yet it terrifies me. I'd probably cry building it, and surely couldn't bear it just sitting there, like a testimony of dread. Seems so morbid from a toy company. :(

@Taria Pakari one of the two most infamous vehicles constructed in my home country of Northern Ireland

*Intense curiosity*

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi