LEGO Shop October 2021 Double VIP Points Week

LEGO Shop at Home
One of the annual deals we have come to expect from LEGO is Double VIP Points in October on all sets. It's received little fanfare on the main site, but Double VIP Points are now live and will go from October 11th to October 17th this week. If there was a particular set you were interested in getting, now's as good a time as any, especially with shipping delays expected this holiday season. And, as always, you can help support BZPower when you use this link to order from LEGO Shop-At-Home!

View the full article

Ugh!! Why did I not know about this last week?! :crying:

I literally just received delivery yesterday on over $200 worth of Lego sets I had purchased for myself last week. Not only do I regret not getting a VIP account back when I bought the $250 World Map set a few months ago, but now I'm hearing that I missed out on double VIP points just by being only one week too early?!

How many more good things must I miss out on!?! :crying:

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Oh no, I think that was the exact reason why they didn't advertise it; if you had known about the event, you would've put off your purchases and now they got your money but without the perks.

And although a few places had predicted that the sale would be this week (and we didn't even get that estimate until a few weeks ago, so most of us were just assuming it would be sometime in October) there was no official conformation that it was happening until today... so yeah not advertised very well.

I personally did put off getting the World Map set until today, and I've been waiting a couple of months now to grab that set...

In general, Lego does a Double VIP promotion in October and April, although the exact times and lengths of the promotion vary from year to year.  They sometimes do Double VIP for Black Friday too... or more specifically, VIPs get deals the week before Black Friday, and by the time the actual sales week happens all the good stuff is sold out.  They usually have some decent gifts with purchase around that time of year too.  The risky part is just because of worldwide supply chain disruptions, highly desired sales are selling out quickly, so if you risk waiting for a better deal then the item might not actually be available anymore when the time comes.  Th pros and cons of trying to take advantage of LEGO deals, heh...

:music: 

It was only last month that I finally decided to get a VIP account, so it's not like I ever really payed any attention to these things. You've probably been at it for several years by now, so I'm not surprised at all that you know the patterns and how to work with them.

It actually kind of reminds me of some of the earliest purchases I had made on Steam many years ago, when I payed full price without even realizing there were annual sales (thankfully, I found out about them by the time I decided to start getting all those Lego games).

Well, not like I had any real idea on what to do with all of those points anyway. Just one of those missed opportunities that I'll likely never forget and be better prepared (and especially have a lot more patience) for next time.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.