What Would You Like To See In A Hf Set.

Hexann

What would you like to see in a HF set? What do you think LEGO should improve on in HF sets? What new colors do you think there should be? Should LEGO use certain pieces differently then they usually do in HF sets. How should design sets in LEGO HF. Tell the world what you think should be added,deleted, or changed in HF sets in this forum.(I really hope this forum has not been made by anyone else.)

Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN

I believe someone said that a Titan with Toa Mata torsos for biceps before, so I'll second that.Also, less... blandness. Herofactory armor doesn't have any... design in it, like bionicle's did. More small details.

If you are talking about armor designs like armor prints I would agree they may need more of that or if you are talking mold then well I would still agree with you they do need to modify the mold a little and give it some more detail. :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :rau: :pakari: :pakari: :pahrak: :komau: :komau: :kaukaunu:

More colors, like silver, purple, teal, pink, etc.I agree, the armor molds are sort of bland and flat. Bionicle hand all sorts of neat pistons and wires on their armor.

Gravity They already did silver with BULK but, all the other colors they have not done yet.

Many of the questions you ask here are similar to those in this topic, but I'd leave that up to the staff to decide if it's a dupe or not. Your second question, in the very least, seems unique to this topic.I actually prefer Hero Factory's simpler armor style to BIONICLE's. Granted, I loved drawing BIONICLE parts. They had all sorts of fun details, and trying to modify them to serve a practical purpose or fit a slightly-modified frame in an illustration of a Toa or similar figure could be a creative challenge. But frankly, Hero Factory's simpler style is much better for actual building in my opinion, because it makes it so that more of the parts match (unlike in BIONICLE where, for instance, Kalmah's thigh shells rarely matched anything very well in terms of detail). Even the 2.0 Hero sets when the system was first introduced had unique and imaginative armor arrangements, even if there were a lot of characteristics they had in common like the majority of the skeleton, the torso design, and various building patterns.One thing I would like to see in Hero Factory would be an armor shell somewhat like the armor on the "groin" of the Toa Metru and Toa Nuva in the first three BIONICLE films, to attach to the ball joint on the crotch of the basic Hero torso either from underneath or from the front. The reason I'd like that is that as of right now, it's very easy to customize an upper body armor design using any of the basic Hero Factory torso beams, but it's almost impossible to armor the lower torso unless you're using an 8M shell of some sort on the center ball joint. I struggled to armor the lower torso of Sophia Blaze, and even after giving her an armor "skirt" there was an obvious gap in the lower body.True, any small-enough shell could fulfill this function fairly well if it were symmetrical along the right plane. But as it is, a 3M shell is all that would really fit there without hindering the leg posability too badly, and it would be terribly asymmetrical in design.As for improvements to Hero Factory sets, I would like it if there were fewer sets where the lower legs are longer than the upper legs. It just doesn't seem as realistic to me-- based on the proportion guides I've seen, the upper legs should be the same length or longer than the lower legs.It would also be nice if back armor of some sort appeared more consistently in sets, just to make their profiles a little less thin. But I understand how some sets avoid this to keep within a reasonable price point. Doesn't change the fact that even simple back armor makes sets like the new Surge look cooler from the side or behind than those without.

Many of the questions you ask here are similar to those in this topic, but I'd leave that up to the staff to decide if it's a dupe or not. Your second question, in the very least, seems unique to this topic.I actually prefer Hero Factory's simpler armor style to BIONICLE's. Granted, I loved drawing BIONICLE parts. They had all sorts of fun details, and trying to modify them to serve a practical purpose or fit a slightly-modified frame in an illustration of a Toa or similar figure could be a creative challenge. But frankly, Hero Factory's simpler style is much better for actual building in my opinion, because it makes it so that more of the parts match (unlike in BIONICLE where, for instance, Kalmah's thigh shells rarely matched anything very well in terms of detail). Even the 2.0 Hero sets when the system was first introduced had unique and imaginative armor arrangements, even if there were a lot of characteristics they had in common like the majority of the skeleton, the torso design, and various building patterns.One thing I would like to see in Hero Factory would be an armor shell somewhat like the armor on the "groin" of the Toa Metru and Toa Nuva in the first three BIONICLE films, to attach to the ball joint on the crotch of the basic Hero torso either from underneath or from the front. The reason I'd like that is that as of right now, it's very easy to customize an upper body armor design using any of the basic Hero Factory torso beams, but it's almost impossible to armor the lower torso unless you're using an 8M shell of some sort on the center ball joint. I struggled to armor the lower torso of Sophia Blaze, and even after giving her an armor "skirt" there was an obvious gap in the lower body.True, any small-enough shell could fulfill this function fairly well if it were symmetrical along the right plane. But as it is, a 3M shell is all that would really fit there without hindering the leg posability too badly, and it would be terribly asymmetrical in design.As for improvements to Hero Factory sets, I would like it if there were fewer sets where the lower legs are longer than the upper legs. It just doesn't seem as realistic to me-- based on the proportion guides I've seen, the upper legs should be the same length or longer than the lower legs.It would also be nice if back armor of some sort appeared more consistently in sets, just to make their profiles a little less thin. But I understand how some sets avoid this to keep within a reasonable price point. Doesn't change the fact that even simple back armor makes sets like the new Surge look cooler from the side or behind than those without.

Yes there are a lot of similarities to the topic what Hf part do you wish existed and What Would You Like to see in an HF set but, there are more differences for one this topic has more to do with whole sets and set designs, It also has to do with the use of LEGO pieces and how LEGO should use certain pieces in different ways then they usually do in sets also if they should bring back pieces to make the sets look better. Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN

I'd actually like to see sets similar to Gravity's signature-- I love the black armor with colored piping. Maybe trans-armor with black printing? That would be awesome.Here's a list of things I'd like in a set:-bicep and hamstring swivels-a well-armored back-right and left hand molds-a belt (minifig bar style)-ankle guards-"armored" and "de-armored" helmets-a jetpack-more detailed armorI am liking where HF sets are going, though. I prefer their style over Bionicle.

I'd actually like to see sets similar to Gravity's signature-- I love the black armor with colored piping. Maybe trans-armor with black printing? That would be awesome.Here's a list of things I'd like in a set:-bicep and hamstring swivels-a well-armored back-right and left hand molds-a belt (minifig bar style)-ankle guards-"armored" and "de-armored" helmets-a jetpack-more detailed armorI am liking where HF sets are going, though. I prefer their style over Bionicle.

I agree with all your quotes except the right and left hands one because just having one hand mold for both arms makes it easy for MOCers who do not have many sets. I would like to see Navy blue color armor and I would also like to see unique set designs in stead of duplicates like 2007 and the first half of 2008 had those set each had something unique about them. :hau: :hau: :hau: :hau: :hau: :hau: :hau:

I like the way Hero Factory is going with the building system, I honestly preferred the Bionicle builds, but I was pleased to see something new introduced. However, there is plenty of room for improvement. I'd like to see a new torso skeleton introduced, one that allows mid-torso "ab crunch" movement. A few of my smaller MOCs utilize this technique, but I can't get it to work on larger models. Another thing I'd like to see is textured armor plates. With Bionicle parts, almost all of them had a textured design along the piece. With the Heroes everything is smooth, and looked very polished and neat. I still like how these new pieces look, but a few more textured elements would be cool.

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

I like the way Hero Factory is going with the building system, I honestly preferred the Bionicle builds, but I was pleased to see something new introduced. However, there is plenty of room for improvement.I'd like to see a new torso skeleton introduced, one that allows mid-torso "ab crunch" movement. A few of my smaller MOCs utilize this technique, but I can't get it to work on larger models. Another thing I'd like to see is textured armor plates. With Bionicle parts, almost all of them had a textured design along the piece. With the Heroes everything is smooth, and looked very polished and neat. I still like how these new pieces look, but a few more textured elements would be cool.

I agree about a torso with waist posability. That would be excellent, although new torso armor would also have to be designed so that the upper torso armor and lower torso armor aren't just one piece.If textured armor pieces were introduced, I'd want them to be stylistically similar to the shoulder spheres from Rocka/Breez/Evo/Splitface, the paw pieces from Rocka and Nex 3.0, etc. Too much texture (to the point that the parts start to seem like a metal framework rather than solid armor shells) would for me take away some of the intercompatible aesthetics of the Hero Factory building system and make it too much like BIONICLE.

I'd like more of that dark azure and purple ; more re-coloured Bionicle parts; and textured armour.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

• 3 weeks later...

Lego should really bring in a bunch more of that snazzy new teal and purple and bright green into Hero Factory sets. They are all nice, bright colors that fit into Hero Factory very well.

I think LEGO should also combine the LEGO knob pieces with the LEGO bricks more often such as puting LEGO brick pieces that have technology printing on them.

A Breez that actually looks remotely feminine.

That would be great they should use the custom body build it makes sets look a little less bulky and a little more on the slim side as well as give the back of a hero more armor it would look perfect for a female set.

I personally felt that Breez 2.0 looked plenty feminine. She didn't have bulging breasts or sleek, form-fitting armor, but she had a headgear piece that helped hide the angular-looking jaw of the 2.0 head while still allowing its subtle smile to show through, as well as armor that didn't look excessively muscular. All the 2.0 sets were largely gender-neutral, but Breez stood out to me as the most feminine, and her helmet accessory is the only one I tend to find appropriate on female 2.0 Hero MOCs.If you look at a female soldier in modern bulletproof armor and equipment, their face and the way they carry themselves are often the most obvious signs that they're female. So I don't get why people expect a female Hero Factory character to be like another Roodaka or Kiina. The new Breakout torso armor is already very slender at the waist, as was the 2.0 torso armor-- no need for a female Hero to look anorexic.

I personally felt that Breez 2.0 looked plenty feminine. She didn't have bulging breasts or sleek, form-fitting armor, but she had a headgear piece that helped hide the angular-looking jaw of the 2.0 head while still allowing its subtle smile to show through, as well as armor that didn't look excessively muscular. All the 2.0 sets were largely gender-neutral, but Breez stood out to me as the most feminine, and her helmet accessory is the only one I tend to find appropriate on female 2.0 Hero MOCs.If you look at a female soldier in modern bulletproof armor and equipment, their face and the way they carry themselves are often the most obvious signs that they're female. So I don't get why people expect a female Hero Factory character to be like another Roodaka or Kiina. The new Breakout torso armor is already very slender at the waist, as was the 2.0 torso armor-- no need for a female Hero to look anorexic.

That is true.

Personally, I'd like to see a launcher that shot something that wasn't a ball. Like a disc launcher, or a spear launcher (make a tube and pass it off as a spear or something), just something new. I'd also like it if there were a different Hero Team shown instead of Alpha Team all the time. And, Hero characters with similar colors to existing heroes. I mean, in the background we've seen other blue, red, yellow, green, etc. colored Heroes, why not showcase them for once? I'd personally love to see a Gunmetal and New Azure colored Hero figure myself.. Why not have maybe one of the older heroes be the leader of a team of say 4 or 5 'newbies', like Breez, Surge, or heck, maybe even Evo or Rocka as the leader? It could work! And speaking of things that could work, what about a BLUE villain? We've seen plenty of Red, Yellow, and Green villains, even had Silver, White, and Purple Lilac in Voltix, so why not another blue guy? Sure, we've had Von Nebula, and Vapour, but Vapour really didn't do anything, or feature in the official story in really any way (other than that brief flash of an appearance on a computer screen in the third episode of "Rise of the Rookies"), but why not any more? I feel blue should be used more often, with New Azure. And the villain doesn't have to be a water-based villain (although that would be so awesome), it could be electricity like Surge, or a Vacuum-weapon-holding villain.. just something with blue please, and I'll be a happy camper. Annnd... that's all I can think of.. for now.

Personally, I'd like to see a launcher that shot something that wasn't a ball. Like a disc launcher, or a spear launcher (make a tube and pass it off as a spear or something), just something new. I'd also like it if there were a different Hero Team shown instead of Alpha Team all the time. And, Hero characters with similar colors to existing heroes. I mean, in the background we've seen other blue, red, yellow, green, etc. colored Heroes, why not showcase them for once? I'd personally love to see a Gunmetal and New Azure colored Hero figure myself.. Why not have maybe one of the older heroes be the leader of a team of say 4 or 5 'newbies', like Breez, Surge, or heck, maybe even Evo or Rocka as the leader? It could work! And speaking of things that could work, what about a BLUE villain? We've seen plenty of Red, Yellow, and Green villains, even had Silver, White, and Purple Lilac in Voltix, so why not another blue guy? Sure, we've had Von Nebula, and Vapour, but Vapour really didn't do anything, or feature in the official story in really any way (other than that brief flash of an appearance on a computer screen in the third episode of "Rise of the Rookies"), but why not any more? I feel blue should be used more often, with New Azure. And the villain doesn't have to be a water-based villain (although that would be so awesome), it could be electricity like Surge, or a Vacuum-weapon-holding villain.. just something with blue please, and I'll be a happy camper. Annnd... that's all I can think of.. for now.

While this hasn't been done in a set, Thornax launchers can actually fire these. As of yet I haven't been able to use this idea in a MOC.The thing about Thornax launchers/Hero Factory sphere launchers is that they don't have to be excessively specialized and complicated like a lot of BIONICLE launchers.Regarding colors, I ought to mention that "azure" or "new azure" is a bit of a vague descriptor, even though I see a lot of people using it. I'm assuming you're referring to Medium Azure, which appeared in Thornraxx, but it's one of two Azure colors released in the past year, the other being Dark Azure.I agree that more villain sets with blue as a major part of their color schemes would be excellent. I'm glad we're seeing more blue in Hero sets this year at least, since in the summer 2011 Savage Planet wave, there were hardly any cool colors (cool as opposed to warm, not cool as in awesome) at all. Stormer had blue, and Nex and Scorpio had two types of green, but that was it.

While this hasn't been done in a set, Thornax launchers can actually fire these. As of yet I haven't been able to use this idea in a MOC. The thing about Thornax launchers/Hero Factory sphere launchers is that they don't have to be excessively specialized and complicated like a lot of BIONICLE launchers. Regarding colors, I ought to mention that "azure" or "new azure" is a bit of a vague descriptor, even though I see a lot of people using it. I'm assuming you're referring to Medium Azure, which appeared in Thornraxx, but it's one of two Azure colors released in the past year, the other being Dark Azure. I agree that more villain sets with blue as a major part of their color schemes would be excellent. I'm glad we're seeing more blue in Hero sets this year at least, since in the summer 2011 Savage Planet wave, there were hardly any cool colors (cool as opposed to warm, not cool as in awesome) at all. Stormer had blue, and Nex and Scorpio had two types of green, but that was it.
Um the link for the thing you said that can be launched by thornax launchers is broken. could you post a new link please

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

While this hasn't been done in a set, Thornax launchers can actually fire these. As of yet I haven't been able to use this idea in a MOC. The thing about Thornax launchers/Hero Factory sphere launchers is that they don't have to be excessively specialized and complicated like a lot of BIONICLE launchers. Regarding colors, I ought to mention that "azure" or "new azure" is a bit of a vague descriptor, even though I see a lot of people using it. I'm assuming you're referring to Medium Azure, which appeared in Thornraxx, but it's one of two Azure colors released in the past year, the other being Dark Azure. I agree that more villain sets with blue as a major part of their color schemes would be excellent. I'm glad we're seeing more blue in Hero sets this year at least, since in the summer 2011 Savage Planet wave, there were hardly any cool colors (cool as opposed to warm, not cool as in awesome) at all. Stormer had blue, and Nex and Scorpio had two types of green, but that was it.
Um the link for the thing you said that can be launched by thornax launchers is broken. could you post a new link please
No, I can't, because I had THOUGHT that was a site with forums we could link to, but apparently we can't. Here it is on another site (design ID 47576).

No, I can't, because I had THOUGHT that was a site with forums we could link to, but apparently we can't. Here it is on another site (design ID 47576).
Very interesting I look forward to seeing your MOC any way this would be a good idea for LEGO to use.

:D Flick Missles! I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks very much for the correction regarding the azure, Aanchir, I do appreciate it. Wasn't the Dark Azure featured in the Lego "Friends" sets? I agree to the blue. I've been trying to use pieces from my collection to make a proper blue villain for my heroes to face, just need to buy the Ultrabuild Batman. The lack of Blue or other cool colors (I do know what you mean by that, I took a fair number of art classes in high school, but blue's still 'cool' cool :P ) in previous waves is disappointing. I did enjoy the fact that Stormer intro'd the blue spikes, but other than that there wasn't alot of 'cool' going for the wave. I hope that with the intro of purple Lilac into the range that we get more sets with those sorts of color. I thank you both again for the feedback. :)

:biggrin: Flick Missles! I knew I was forgetting something.Thanks very much for the correction regarding the azure, Aanchir, I do appreciate it. Wasn't the Dark Azure featured in the Lego "Friends" sets?I agree to the blue. I've been trying to use pieces from my collection to make a proper blue villain for my heroes to face, just need to buy the Ultrabuild Batman. The lack of Blue or other cool colors (I do know what you mean by that, I took a fair number of art classes in high school, but blue's still 'cool' cool :P ) in previous waves is disappointing. I did enjoy the fact that Stormer intro'd the blue spikes, but other than that there wasn't alot of 'cool' going for the wave. I hope that with the intro of purple Lilac into the range that we get more sets with those sorts of color.I thank you both again for the feedback. :)

I believe Friends uses both Dark and Medium Azure in different places. Dark Azure actually debuted last year, as the color for the Alien Conquest theme's ADU uniforms (with limited uses in other themes, such as Spongebob). Medium Azure is new to this year's sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

:biggrin: Flick Missles! I knew I was forgetting something.Thanks very much for the correction regarding the azure, Aanchir, I do appreciate it. Wasn't the Dark Azure featured in the Lego "Friends" sets?I agree to the blue. I've been trying to use pieces from my collection to make a proper blue villain for my heroes to face, just need to buy the Ultrabuild Batman. The lack of Blue or other cool colors (I do know what you mean by that, I took a fair number of art classes in high school, but blue's still 'cool' cool :P ) in previous waves is disappointing. I did enjoy the fact that Stormer intro'd the blue spikes, but other than that there wasn't alot of 'cool' going for the wave. I hope that with the intro of purple Lilac into the range that we get more sets with those sorts of color.I thank you both again for the feedback. :)

I believe Friends uses both Dark and Medium Azure in different places. Dark Azure actually debuted last year, as the color for the Alien Conquest theme's ADU uniforms (with limited uses in other themes, such as Spongebob). Medium Azure is new to this year's sets.
I did not know that. That is very interesting. Is there a light azure? :hau:

What would you like to see in a HF set?Cowboys, because cowboys.What do you think LEGO should improve on in HF sets?I would say that they should keep trying with perfecting the Hero design, because so far until Breakout every design was pretty meh. I'm perfect with the villains though.What new colors do you think there should be? I would like some kind of shade of chrome, or maybe more pieces in that beautiful azure colour.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

What would you like to see in a HF set?Cowboys, because cowboys.What do you think LEGO should improve on in HF sets?I would say that they should keep trying with perfecting the Hero design, because so far until Breakout every design was pretty meh. I'm perfect with the villains though.What new colors do you think there should be? I would like some kind of shade of chrome, or maybe more pieces in that beautiful azure colour.

CHROME!!! I LOVE CHROME!!! I can not believe I forgot to say something about chrome!!!! :smiletol:

Well, for starters, as I've been ranting about in the Breakout topic, there need to be more colors of framework pieces. Right now, torsos only come in black, except for the red 9x9 torso (and the orange 9x11 torso, but that's so limited in use with the HF building system as to be irrelevant), and there are partial collections of grey and red limb pieces. Also, inexplicably, the 9' thigh piece only comes in light grey.Additionally, I want more "accessory" parts: that is, pieces which can be attached to the basic cladding to give it a more detailed look, such as the Breakout bulb armor and the "mini-Defiant". That way, we can get the best of both worlds: More detailed armor, but without losing the easily-interchangeable nature of the cladding.I'd also like there to be limb and cladding with the holes added on the other side (for example, there is only one shin piece with one hole, and that hole is closer to the socket end than the ball end. There should be another piece, identical, but with the position of the middle ball and pinhole switched. Similarly, the 4' cladding is like a 3' cladding with the hole-less end extending farther. There should be a 4' cladding which is like the 5' cladding with the hole-less end shorter).