What Would You Like To See In A Hf Set.

Hexann

More of the new-teal color.

This, and more purple.
And gunmetal.
I'd say that we need, if anything, less gunmetal. In Breakout, Rocka, Evo, Bulk, Voltix, and Splitface all have it as a major part of their color schemes. It's becoming almost as prevalent as pearl grey was in 2006-2008.

This, and more purple.
And gunmetal.
I'd say that we need, if anything, less gunmetal. In Breakout, Rocka, Evo, Bulk, Voltix, and Splitface all have it as a major part of their color schemes. It's becoming almost as prevalent as pearl grey was in 2006-2008.
Well then more silver.

This, and more purple.
And gunmetal.
Well then more silver.
There's enough silver already, though not yet too much, as has happened with gunmetal.With Rocka, there's also enough gold.Now, metallic blue, if it still existed...

This, and more purple.
And gunmetal.
Well then more silver.
There's enough silver already, though not yet too much, as has happened with gunmetal.With Rocka, there's also enough gold.Now, metallic blue, if it still existed...
Well how about more..........................................Brown.

Hakann, it's not like we need to add more of a certain color just for the sake of adding more of a certain color. Gunmetal is all too common nowadays, silver was heavily abused in the past, and brown has proven to sell poorly. I am a great proponent of more purple, however, and used more fluidly than in Voltix.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

This, and more purple.
Agreed. These are underused, and it's a shame they didn't use them more in the BIONICLE toyline. LEGO might not do that, however, because of the cost of making frequently used molds in new colors might not be appealing to them because they'd have to spend more. And, if they don't use the colors all that often if they do interject both colors into the toyline and the set they're putting the in colors into isn't all that productive in making money, they might actually be losing money in that scenario. Hate to be a killjoy, but that might be the result if they use the colors. :P Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

This, and more purple.
Agreed. These are underused, and it's a shame they didn't use them more in the BIONICLE toyline. LEGO might not do that, however, because of the cost of making frequently used molds in new colors might not be appealing to them because they'd have to spend more. And, if they don't use the colors all that often if they do interject both colors into the toyline and the set they're putting the in colors into isn't all that productive in making money, they might actually be losing money in that scenario. Hate to be a killjoy, but that might be the result if they use the colors. :P
This is also why they should bring back pieces because the Bionicle, Slizers, and Roboriders had more purple pieces.

This, and more purple.
Agreed. These are underused, and it's a shame they didn't use them more in the BIONICLE toyline. LEGO might not do that, however, because of the cost of making frequently used molds in new colors might not be appealing to them because they'd have to spend more. And, if they don't use the colors all that often if they do interject both colors into the toyline and the set they're putting the in colors into isn't all that productive in making money, they might actually be losing money in that scenario. Hate to be a killjoy, but that might be the result if they use the colors. :P
This is also why they should bring back pieces because the Bionicle, Slizers, and Roboriders had more purple pieces.
True, although BIONICLE even had a small amount of purple pieces. Slizers and Roboriders would be a good idea to get pieces from, but BIONICLE had a rather minor amount of purple and teal pieces, sadly, and even the purple and teal pieces it had weren't all that helpful, but then again my memory is vague on the sets that had purple and teal parts and whether they were useful. So, I'm not exactly the best person to get an opinion from on those pieces actually being useful. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

This, and more purple.
Bringing back those pieces in those colors? Hate to break it to you, but that would cost even more than releasing current pieces in new colors. Both the purple and the teal from Slizers have been discontinued, and many of the parts from Slizers have long since gone out of use. It's not a case of LEGO turning a dial on their molding machines back to 1999; new molds would need to be made, and the colors from those days would need to be reformulated using dyes rather than colored granulate. Most Slizer parts were terrible compared to modern parts, and to bring them back in their original colors (or indeed at all) just to satisfy fans who can't get enough of those parts from other sources would be a foolish move for a company that is glad to be finished with the financial boondoggle that was the late '90s.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

LEGO definitely needs to release a fully tranlucent Hero or at least with entirely translucent cladding, preferably translucent white. :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.jpg

Fully translucent is probably never going to happen. Translucent parts use polycarbonate rather than ABS, and the two materials have very different properties. In particular, polycarbonate binds to itself, and thus LEGO recommends against attaching polycarbonate parts to one another, particularly in the case of tight connections like inserting a translucent lightsaber blade into a translucent 1x1 round cone piece. I imagine Hero Factory "bone" pieces would also have this issue, so I doubt those will ever come in translucent colors."Shell" pieces, on the other hand, work well in translucent colors, as has been seen in such sets as Toxic Reapa, Jetbug, and others. And unlike bones, you can't attach multiple shell pieces together in a hard-to-disassemble chain. I still doubt we'd see a Hero with all translucent shells, as that seems awfully gimmicky, but I fully expect we'll see translucent cladding continue to be used as an accent in many sets.

LEGO definitely needs to release a fully tranlucent Hero or at least with entirely translucent cladding, preferably translucent white. :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.jpg

Fully translucent is probably never going to happen. Translucent parts use polycarbonate rather than ABS, and the two materials have very different properties. In particular, polycarbonate binds to itself, and thus LEGO recommends against attaching polycarbonate parts to one another, particularly in the case of tight connections like inserting a translucent lightsaber blade into a translucent 1x1 round cone piece. I imagine Hero Factory "bone" pieces would also have this issue, so I doubt those will ever come in translucent colors."Shell" pieces, on the other hand, work well in translucent colors, as has been seen in such sets as Toxic Reapa, Jetbug, and others. And unlike bones, you can't attach multiple shell pieces together in a hard-to-disassemble chain. I still doubt we'd see a Hero with all translucent shells, as that seems awfully gimmicky, but I fully expect we'll see translucent cladding continue to be used as an accent in many sets.
Didn´t think of that, but I actually still have a translucent cone and a rod piece impossible to remove lying somewhere. :P And now that I remember, I´ve already read a post about this either by you or your brother. Too bad, but I´d still love to see translucent cladding in more colours.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Actually, all Hero Factory bones are polycarbonate to begin with, according to Erland Refling Nielsen, a part engineer for the theme (unless I'm misremembering his comment on the matter). Not sure about shells, but since there have been many transparent shells that connect to bones just fine I'm sure it would cause no problem to have a hero with all transparent bones and shells.What I would have doubts about is the end result being especially photogenic on product packaging and in catalogs. Transparency can make it difficult to make out surface details sometimes, since there will be lots of interior details confusing things. Also, Hero Factory helmets (which use a softer plastic) probably couldn't have true transparent parts, only translucent like Krika's helmet.Just a reminder that "transparent" and "translucent" have different meanings! I know it's often phrased as though transparent means letting through all light and translucent means only letting some through, so transparent colors other than regular transparent (Bricklink's Trans-Clear) are often called translucent. But the difference is more complex than that. Both transparency and translucency allow light through; the difference is that translucency scatters light, causing objects seen through it to be blurry or even mere silhouettes.

I want to see:-Neon-Pink/Hot-Pink-Tan-More translucent blue-More Dark-Red-More use of Amber/Keetorange, which seemed to fade away after the 2.0 line.-Small non-shell pieces in Purple-Translucent Hero-cores-Glatorian heads in new colours

Give me Trans-pink and I'll be fine.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I'd especially like to see some more vehicles. We haven't really had any since year one, and they are always fun to get a lot of an customize for me.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 3 weeks later...

More realistic articulation and proportions. I like the versatility of the new cladding system. I'd like to see new add-on pieces for the cladding, waist articulation, and better torsos. 2.0 bodies were the best imo.

AΨ 94

More realistic articulation and proportions.

IMO, the articulation is plenty realistic, and about the same as later BIONICLE sets' articulation capabilities.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

All I ask for is a skeleton theme. :P

Witch Doctor was pretty close (if I understand you correctly :lol: )As for me...more one piece swords. They are lacking in those.
Appearance-wise, Witch Doctor would make a good lich (undead wizard who leads a group of undead), but I was more thinking of a skeleton army.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Witch Doctor was pretty close (if I understand you correctly :lol: )As for me...more one piece swords. They are lacking in those.
Appearance-wise, Witch Doctor would make a good lich (undead wizard who leads a group of undead), but I was more thinking of a skeleton army.
Ahh. I would like that too.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

I'll like to see some more translucent pieces. Also, I'll like to see some HF sets with no empty backs.

We're getting a decent number of those this year, actually. Stringer, Toxic Reapa, and Jawblade all have transparent cladding, while Breez, Rocka, Voltix, Core Hunter, and Stormer XL all have back armor of some sort. Of the ones I've seen I think Breez's back armor is perhaps the most stylish of those five.I would like to see similar back armor expand to other sets, though, including sets like Evo, Nex, Stringer, and Surge who occupy the lowest ($8.99) price point. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Yes! They do need more swords! They only came out with TWO! So I totally agree with you.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see more custom weapons. It gets kind of boring with the sets always having reused weapons.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

• 2 weeks later...
  • [*]Armored Backs[*]Gears[*]Technic parts[*]more peices[*]better weapons[*]The old socket mold (circular, not square. square breaks easier.) on the glatorian heads that look like iron man

• [*]The old socket mold (circular, not square. square breaks easier.) on the glatorian heads that look like iron man

The old circular ones broke too. In fact, I think the square ones were meant to fix the issue of the older ones breaking. Sadly, it didn't help much. Personally, I'd rather see the newer, thicker socket molds on the Glatorian heads, since those ones never break through normal use.

• [*]The old socket mold (circular, not square. square breaks easier.) on the glatorian heads that look like iron man

The old circular ones broke too. In fact, I think the square ones were meant to fix the issue of the older ones breaking. Sadly, it didn't help much. Personally, I'd rather see the newer, thicker socket molds on the Glatorian heads, since those ones never break through normal use.

weird. My peices from 2001-2004 never break. by thicker ones do you mean like the new HF molds?

I'd like to see more flexibility on a not-huge scale. HF is meant to be built by the book and therefore does not posess enough flexibility to build a decent custom canister-size model. You can build all sorts of custom Toa. But Heroes? No. The build-skeleton-with-specialized-parts-then-armor-it-with-highly-specialized-parts is a building style that does not lend itself to custom MOCs, whereas Bionicle's build-everything-with-assorted-Technic-parts-using-specialized-joints-and-armor-parts-to-make-it-constraction style works better, and certainly not as slapped together as your average Hero.

aouROFb.png

I'd like to see more flexibility on a not-huge scale. HF is meant to be built by the book and therefore does not posess enough flexibility to build a decent custom canister-size model. You can build all sorts of custom Toa. But Heroes? No. The build-skeleton-with-specialized-parts-then-armor-it-with-highly-specialized-parts is a building style that does not lend itself to custom MOCs, whereas Bionicle's build-everything-with-assorted-Technic-parts-using-specialized-joints-and-armor-parts-to-make-it-constraction style works better, and certainly not as slapped together as your average Hero.

I kind of disagree. While it's true a Technic-intensive build allows for more complexity in canister-sized models, this is just as true for Hero Factory models as for BIONICLE models. It's true, the presence of fewer dedicated Technic elements in "Hero" sets (can't exactly call them canister sets anymore) doesn't encourage Technic-based building the way BIONICLE canister sets did with their many pins, pinholes, axles and axleholes. But at the same time, it's not as though BIONICLE canister sets tended to use extremely complex builds-- they, too, mostly relied on specialized armor pieces, and in fact I'd call them less versatile than Hero Factory because the main influence over the look of a canister set depended on what parts it used, not so much on what position or orientation it used them in.I tend to prefer building canister-size figures to building large-scale ones, and using the Hero Factory building system I've built a few I'm quite proud of like Sophia Blaze and this civilian waitress (who yes, uses a few basic Technic elements to create the shape of her dress).

• 3 weeks later...