How LEGO Tower Was Born

Earlier today the fourth and sadly final season of the Bits N' Bricks podcast kicked off, delving into a fairly recently addition to the LEGO videogame collection. While it doesn't appear to be up on the official website or YouTube yet, you can head over to Spotify or the podcast platform of your choice to listen to Episode 38: Tiny LEGO Brick Towers, Big LEGO Brick Ideas. It's an interesting story of how a small, independent studio came to work with one of the largest toy companies in the world to create a unique take on a proven formula. Give it a listen and come back next week for more!

View the full article

I was a little too busy yesterday to listen to this, and it's a good thing I had to wait, because the YouTube version went up earlier today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BukxpyjoWw

Lego Tower is one of two mobile Lego games (the other being Lego Legacy: Heroes Unboxed) that I had downloaded onto my phone and later my tablet, but have not yet taken the time to actually try them out (I hope to finally start playing both games sometime within the next few months), so this episode definitely had my attention. Interesting that this game was the first in a new wave of games that were intended to stand on their own rather than be tied with an existing theme, and the fact that it's still being actively supported shows how much of a success it has been. It was also neat to hear about how the initial launch of the game was celebrated with a community build of physical models based on the game's rooms to create a Lego diorama that ultimately set a world record for the largest such diorama by floor-space. Overall, definitely a nice episode to listen to, and I look forward to the remaining upcoming episodes of this final season.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.