My theory on pohatu's power level

In multiple cases, I have seen pohatu controlling sand almost telepathically in G1. Well did you know that if sand is accelerated fast enough that it can cut through practically any physical material? Theoretically then if pohatu (especially nuva) could concentrate a sand blast fast enough with his kakama/kakama nuva then he could also kill most non-makuta enemies and with enough time destroy any corporeal body worn by a makuta.

I wonder how this would affect the G1 storyline if he were to ever execute this action. Is it too powerful, should it be locked behind the nova blast ability or would him never using it just match his temperment? Feel free to discuss below.

Edit: I stand corrected, thank you for that, after all this is a discussion. Yall have been handling it well.

Edited by Nektann
Change of mind

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

14 hours ago, Nektann said:

In multiple cases, I have seen pohatu controlling sand almost telepathically in G1.

Name one.

Next, the Toa Nuva cannot share their mask powers with inanimate objects.

Finally, Toa do not kill. Tahu could burn any foe to death if he wanted to, Gali could drown anyone as well. 

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Since most of the 03 story comes from the mask of light film towards the end of it tahu and pohatu combine their elemental powers to freeze a rahkshi in glass although unrealistically

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

3 hours ago, Nektann said:

Since most of the 03 story comes from the mask of light film towards the end of it tahu and pohatu combine their elemental powers to freeze a rahkshi in glass although unrealistically

Pohatu has nothing to do with that. Lewa creates a cyclone, picking up the sand, then Tahu blasts it. Now that that's out of the way, Toa Nuva still cannot share their powers with inanimate objects, and finally, all Toa have the power to kill but choose not to. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yeah, I don't remember Pohatu controlling sand at any point in G1.

Lore in later years established sand to be separate element to both Stone and Earth. I believe Greg has clarified at some point that Po-elementals can theoretically turn sand or dust into stone, or vice-versa, but can't directly control sand itself. 

Edited by Nato The Whisperer

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I see, it's been a while. Just goes to show how much unity is important to the series. I'm considering making a calibrated elemental and power system to base all alternate realities I would create for worldbuilding would be based on. Sand is practically micro-stone, but it would only make sense with the information you've given. That kind of sand power being locked behind a nova blast.

On 11/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, Nektann said:

I see, it's been a while. Just goes to show how much unity is important to the series. I'm considering making a calibrated elemental and power system to base all alternate realities I would create for worldbuilding would be based on. Sand is practically micro-stone, but it would only make sense with the information you've given. That kind of sand power being locked behind a nova blast.

Nova blasts are just a release of all of a Toa's energy in one big blast. There's not really any special powers locked behind them. Also, the real reason why Pohatu can't control sand is because the particles are just too small and too numerous for him to mentally focus on. Even if he could, he could maybe control a few grains but that's it. 

Edited by Lorentz