Bricklink Designer Program Round 2 Crowdfunding Starts Today

If you're interested in any of the projects that made it to the second round of the Bricklink Designer Program 2021 Invitational then today is your lucky day. Starting at 3 PM Eastern, you can go support your favorite projects with real dollars, securing a copy should the set be one of the first five to reach three thousand preorders. (If you support a set that doesn't make it, you won't be charged.) You can drop in on the Designer Program Landing Page to see the projects and learn more about where and how you can back them. I'm rooting for the aquarium, personally, but we'll have to wait and see who prevails!

View the full article

Just five hours into this and the winners are already obvious. Modular LEGO Store easily surpassed the minimum necessary preorders and already has double that amount, so this one could likely hit the maximum of 10,000 preorders in just a few days. Mountain Windmill, Retro Bowling Alley, and Venetian Houses have just barely surpassed the minimum preorders, so those three will also be sold. As for the last available opening, it looks like Clockwork Aquarium will likely get there before Seasons in Time Calendar, while Ruined House is further behind with Science Adventures and Quest Builder in the distant last two places.

While I'm not surprised by the popularity of the Modular LEGO Store, I am surprised by just how little support the Science Adventures got, despite being by far the least expensive of all these models. I had considered possibly getting the Science Adventures, but seeing as it's already unlikely to become available, it looks like I am once again too late to even bother going for a preorder (although the Modular LEGO Store was my second favorite, I'm not willing to spend that much after all of the other Lego purchases I've already made this past year).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Two days later, Modular LEGO Store has already reached the maximum and is now considered sold out. Venetian Houses, Mountain Windmill, and Retro Bowling Alley are now halfway between the minimum of 3,000 preorders and the maximum of 10,000, with Clockwork Aquarium easily over the minimum, so the other four entries will not be sold at all. All that remains to be seen now is how long it'll take before the rest of the fully funded entries will reach 10k preorders.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.