How LEGO Bricks and Forza Joined Forces

Earlier today, the latest episode of the Bits N' Bricks podcast went live, covering a relatively recent addition to the LEGO games collection: the collaboration between Speed Champions and Forza Horizon 4. Head to YouTube or your preferred podcast platform to listen to Season 4, Episode 41 - When Forza Cars Met LEGO Bricks and hear from Ethan Vincent and Brian Crecente as they talk to former design manager for LEGO Speed Champions Craig Callum, LEGO Game senior producer Jared Bals, and Forza Horizon Creative Director Mike Brown about the partnership. It was really interesting to learn about how the conversation between the two groups started, developed, and became the DLC we now know. I was also intrigued to hear about the process of incorporating the LEGO sets into the reality-based world of Forza and what liberties were taken to make it work, as well as the storytelling side of the experience. Check it out!

View the full article

While racing and vehicles are only a mild interest of mine, this was still a nice episode to listen to. I liked how the integration of the Lego bricks was done in an incredibly realistic design, along with a rather amusing sort of story to go along with all of this Lego content. As much as I would be interested in trying this form of Lego game, I'm not exactly that eager to obtain the base game just to experience one specific DLC, so at most, I'll probably just try to find some gameplay videos to watch at some point to see what it's all about.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.