LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog Set Revealed

Earlier this morning, Hasan and the LEGO Ideas team revealed the latest addition to their portfolio: 21331 Sonic the Hedgehog Green Hill Zone, which fans have been clamoring for ever since the project by Viv Grannell (aka toastergrl) achieved ten thousand votes of support. The set contains 1125 pieces and will retail for $70 in the US when it goes on sale January 1st. I love how this model came out and think it captures the look of the classic Sega games perfectly - if only the Mario sets could have been like this! Nintendo competitors aside, make sure you head over to the LEGO Ideas blog to read more about this awesome tribute to Sonic and make sure you watch the great video they made for the set!

View the full article

9 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I love this! It captures the game series very well! :D I wish Bionicle (and Hero Factory) could have this for Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, and Super Mario should have gotten this kind of treatment!

Yes, I also wish the Super Mario sets were more like the set here, but Unfortunately it doesn't look like Lego is going in that direction with Lego Super Mario. 

As for the Bionicle 20th anniversary, that was actually already in 2020 because Bionicle was released in Europe at the end of 2000.

Edited by Sailor Wah!