Your Bionicle-related expectations in 2022

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Well, this year has been interesting because we got some updates about Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui Rebuilt (watch LiteStone Studios’ YouTube vidoes about it). It’s not upgraded since 2019, but we’re still waiting for it. Plus, there’s that fan game called Bionicle: Quest for Mata Nui, which is based on the 2001 storyline, and it’s something that 2001 should’ve had. It’s still in progress. We hear some interesting updates this year. Bionicle: Masks of Power may be a weird fan game that is always in progress for years, but it has some interesting stuff this year. It’s also nice that there is a fan remaster of Bionicle Heroes, the greatest of Bionicle console video games, called Myths of Voya Nui. It’s looking good. There are also two fan games, Mata Nui Online Game 1.5: The Bohrok Swarms, and Metru Nui Online Game, but the former is not finished for a long time, sadly. Christian Faber does want Bionicle to come back, and he is doing this “Biovival” campaign to try to make it happen. He also showed us some concept art. We also got to see what the other four Toa Hagah look like through a canonization contest or four. There’s no Bionicle or Hero Factory, though, and it’s quite disappointing because this year is Bionicle’s 20th anniversary (and HF’s 11th anniversary if that counts). Ninjago has celebrated its 10th anniversary, but why not Bionicle? Lego should do a similar treatment to Bionicle (and should have done the same for HF’s 10th anniversary). However, Bionicle was featured on a Lego magazine this year. It’s sad to see Sodoka’s Lego Ideas project about a Bionicle diorama being disapproved twice. 

Anyway, of course, this year, Bionicle got involved with Lego Ideas’ Lego 90th anniversary project’s voting, and Bionicle won the first part of the vote, so I hope it will win the second and final vote. If it happens, I hope we will get a Bionicle project that will be successful, and that could bring Bionicle (ans Hero Factory) back. Anyway, here’s my hopes for 2022: 

1. Bionicle having its 20th (or 21st) anniversary celebrated somehow. Here are my ideas: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/29539-are-there-any-plans-for-bionicle’s-20th-anniversary/ . That would depend on the Lego 90th anniversary project if Bionicle wins the final vote. 

2. Bionicle having its G1 story concluded: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/29403-how-would-g1-be-re-continued-and-ended/ . Same with Hero Factory: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/29475-how-would-hero-factory-be-re-continued-and-ended/ . Plus, a fact that both themes share the same universe (ignore the votes in that links because they don’t mean anything as long as there are more positive comments than negative ones. People have been unimaginative lately. No offense.): http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/31161-anyone-want-bionicle-g1-and-hf-to-share-the-same-universe-20/ . That would depend on the Lego 90th anniversary project if Bionicle wins the final vote. 

3. Remakes of Bionicle sets would be nice. That would depend on the Lego 90th anniversary project if Bionicle wins the final vote. 

4. Bionicle and Hero Factory being acknowledged. That would depend on the Lego 90th anniversary project if Bionicle wins the final vote. 

5. Constraction coming back in full force. That would depend on the Lego 90th anniversary project if Bionicle wins the final vote. 

6. More canonization contests: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/29876-canonization-contests-that-you-want-to-happen/ . Some of them may be enhanced, as they would depend on the Lego 90th anniversary project if Bionicle wins the final vote. 

7. A remastered remake of Bionicle Heroes without glitches would be nice. Bionicle Heroes’ 15th anniversary wasn’t celebrated, sadly, but still. Plus, a TT Lego video game with Bionicle and Hero Factory if done right would be nice. 

8. Quest for Mata Nui being released. 

9. The Legend of Mata Nui Rebuilt being completed by having the Makuta fight. I hope LiteStudios is making the fight be like the Mata Nui Online Game.

10. Faber accomplishing his goal. 

11. At least a Bionicle project from Lego Ideas having 10,000 supporters and be approved as a set. I have a list of them here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/31784-list-of-2021’s-bionicle-lego-ideas-projects-30/

12. There is a lot of Bionicle, and Bionicle-related, projects in Lego World Builder. There is one that got a lot of attention, and it’s called Hiatus, which is about Lesovikk’s adventure before he went to Mahri Nui. It got a lot of love by fans this year, and I hope it will become canon if it succeeds in a Pitch Fest next year: https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/world/0a89ba60-b36a-488f-8095-0b785751ffeb . It’s not finished, but yes. Also, I have my project, and I hope will be approved, too: https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/world/c16c1073-c5d6-4a05-90a3-4074c42fc50f and http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/31956-bionicle-and-hero-factory-united/ (for those who don’t have Lego World Builder accounts).

So, there. I pray for these things. What about you guys? Happy New Year!

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'm very much looking forward to the community projects. Masks of Power looks wonderful. The imagination and determination of BIONICLE fans to continue to create is enthralling and exciting. Getting the 90th-anniversary set would be awesome, along with story additions, but my sights are mainly focused on what this community is working hard on bringing to life.

• Like 2

Great to be back.. It's been a while!

Mostly I'm just looking forward to that big fan-game... Quest for Mata Nui, was it? I'm not sure I'm expecting it to be this year, though, since I've yet to hear any word on a release date; we'll see, I suppose!

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else. The game promises to meet all my ideas of what I like, Bionicle-wise, so I'm content just to wait for that ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I’m looking forward to fan projects, Brickfair Virginia (fingers crossed), and some more BIONICLE references on stickers scattered across various 2022 LEGO sets.  Tangentially related to BIONICLE, I’m looking forward to the new SCCBS system that’s being introduced in the new Ninjago sets.  Happy New Year, everyone! :D :bzp:

~Daler

The Mangai Project, plus some more insane teasers from Faber.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:47 AM, Lenny7092 said:

(ignore the votes in that links because they don’t mean anything as long as there are more positive comments than negative ones. People have been unimaginative lately. No offense.):)

What do you mean by this? What is the point of a VOTE if you're going to ignore the outcome you didn't want? EDIT: I didn't even see any polls or votes in those links, so I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

Also, you can't just insult people and then say "no offense" right after. This has nothing to do with "imagination." Very, very few people think that G1 and HF should share the same universe. Most people think it's a bad idea at worse and completely pointless at best. Don't insult our imaginations just because we disagree with you, and don't try to play it off with "no offense" when it's nothing but a direct insult.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:47 AM, Lenny7092 said:

7. A remastered remake of Bionicle Heroes without glitches would be nice.

Edited by Lorentz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

17 hours ago, Lorentz said:

-snib-

You double-posted. 

Anyway, everyone, I found this news report about the Lego Ideas’ Lego 90th anniversary project: Lego Ideas’ 90th anniversary project happening on August 20, 2021 . 

We have to wait. My money is on Bionicle because it has the most votes, it seems at least. It is the one that saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001, anyway.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)