Refocusing in 2022

When I became a reporter, one of the things the news team was always striving to do was post news every day. I think everyone took some pride from that, and I know I did, and even if we cheated sometimes or missed a day here and there, I'd wager that on average we posted things 361 or more days each year, server issues notwithstanding. As time has gone on though, real life takes more and more of a priority, and it falls more and more to just me to keep things updated. And while it's been approaching for some time, I feel I've finally reached the point where it's become more of a burden than something I actually enjoy. And I think that means it's time for a change.

View the full article

• Like 4

I think this is a good move. BZP has not been amazing as a news source for a long time. Lately, I think it's even been overtaken by Mask of Destiny.

Plus you already do lot for the community without needing to post random news bits every day! I'm excited to see any other changes that come from this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My gut instinct reading this was sadness. Seeing the Kakama Nuva "Opinion" header gave me a rush of nostalgia but I could tell it wasn't entirely a good thing.

I remember what it was like the first time I found BZPower. Someone mentioned it on the Lego Message Boards and I checked it out. I read all their archived set reviews and all kinds of fanfiction. This place was my first exposure to fanfiction. I saw BZP's coverage of the Toa Mahri. It was no time at all until BZP became my main place online.

I wish things could keep chugging along like that forever, but I know it can't. "Less news" isn't something I'm glad to hear, but I can't keep up with reading daily updates, either. I'm not a general Lego fan as much as I am a Bionicle/Star Wars fan, too.

It makes me sad, but it really shouldn't. All the stuff that I miss about BZPower is already gone, or only exists in my own head.

I just want to say I love Bionicle and I try to be thankful for this community. It's just nice to be able to talk to people about Bionicle. It's really something I consider foundational to my life, silly as that sounds.

• Like 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

How glad it makes me to see this, congratulations for doing what makes you happy! I often wondered how you all churned out the abundant articles, it did worry me that there was pressure to produce them. It so grieves me to see things done in kindness-obligation-mode at people's own expense, I am sorry. Thanks for giving countless hours to the site. It still shocks me that this isn't paid work. 
I fancy the proposition of fewer stories. Though I greatly enjoy them, the good friends are what keep me coming here. Seems as though it will make the content a more memorable treat, like a newspaper delivery.  Best wishes on the new changes and chapters of BZP! ^_^

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom
  • Upvote 1

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

Gee, I see your struggles. Anyway, some people say some some members in BZP are very nasty and pessimistic when you talk about crossovers. I don’t know what to tell you, but I feel bad for you. Look, if you guys could please talk about Bionicle fan stuff more, we can go and say. You might as well talk about each member’s topics and you can ask people how they feel about that topic. 

Oh, and here’s a reminder. You guys were some of the people who made Bionicle Heroes. Don’t forget that.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 1/2/2022 at 3:16 AM, Lenny7092 said:

Gee, I see your struggles. Anyway, some people say some some members in BZP are very nasty and pessimistic when you talk about crossovers.

I wouldn't say that these people are "nasty" and "pessimistic "about crossovers, but rather that they don't want them and that doing this with Bionicle today is very unrealistic.

But yes, there are some memders who say not very nice things, like insulting the makers of Bionicle and saying that their writing is a "mess" and they have to "fixing" it. Or to complain that the story was not completed because the writer had to take care to his child and that he should finish the story.

Edited by Sailor Wah!
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sailor Wah! said:

I wouldn't say that these people are "nasty" and "pessimistic "about crossovers, but rather that they don't want them and that doing this with Bionicle today is very unrealistic.

But yes, there are some memders who are very nasty and egotistical and say not very nice things, like insulting the makers of Bionicle and saying that their writing is a "mess" and they have to "fixing" it. Or to complain that the story was not completed because the writer had to take care to his child and that he should finish the story.

Do you always pick on me for whatever I’m saying? I have a right to say my stuff. You should not butt in like that. I’m trying to cheer BZP up.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Do you always pick on me for whatever I’m saying? I have a right to say my stuff. You should not butt in like that. I’m trying to cheer BZP up.

You have a right to say your stuff. I don't want to stop you. 

But if I may ask you something: do you actually read the comments of the others properly? Because there have been so many well-written and respectful comments and counter-arguments to your posts, and I don't understand how you call them "pessimistic" and "nasty".

13 hours ago, Sailor Wah! said:

like insulting the makers of Bionicle and saying that their writing is a "mess" and they have to "fixing" it. 

I don't think it's unfair at all for people to say that Bionicle's writing is a mess. It's a convoluted fusion of sci-fi and fantasy, rife with retcons and contradictions, plot holes and wild tangents.

But to me, that was always part of its charm. I never saw any need to "fix" it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Once a week seems like a good pace to me, and to be honest, I'm glad you're taking things in a direction that you can keep up with without getting burned out. Seeing this site around after so many years still means a lot to me, and I'm really grateful you're still running it!

• Like 4

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

2 hours ago, Taka Nuvia said:

Once a week seems like a good pace to me, and to be honest, I'm glad you're taking things in a direction that you can keep up with without getting burned out. Seeing this site around after so many years still means a lot to me, and I'm really grateful you're still running it!

I second what Taka Nuvia said, we appreciate what you've done over the years, and I've loved BZpower ever since I first started ghosting around this site in 2006. :P Take whatever means you need to get a breather, we'll be here with our full support and encouragement in this new year!

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

On 1/8/2022 at 2:29 AM, ~Xemnas~ said:

If I'm being honest, I'd rather not see any forum upgrades. Forum upgrades on this site have a long history of causing massive downtimes, and I would rather not see bzp go down for like 3 months. 

The idea is to keep more up to date with the forum software as they release smaller upgrades, rather than wait and do a big one that results in downtime.

• Like 1