Do You Feel Like You Fit In On Bzpower?

fishers64

I haven't been on enough to fit in anywhere. I made the Mata Nui card game YEARS back when Yu-Gi-Oh (pffffft) was still popular. Still have those things on my brickshelf. Wow, I'm old.

A Chronicler of a time long past, looking back at pleasant memories...

Eleven years and still counting. Hard to believe I still check back here every so often.

Continue on, my Company...

Also, I would like to note that I don't think the inner circle that I perceive to exist (Though it looks like everyone else disagrees!) isn't a bad thing. Of course some members are going to be more famous than others, as they contribute to the community while others like me are useless bandwidth consumers. :P-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

There is no inner circle, and if there was, I still woudn't care.I've been here for a while and in that time I've made many enemies, friends, and people who know me. Of course people will see my posts. I don't care if they do or don't in the end.I look at sigs, only if they're blaring in my face. I don't try to fit in, I did that when I joined. -_-

67685335.jpg             

Do you feel that BZPower has an "inner circle" that you're not a part of? Do you think thIs has to do with Premier Membership and blogs?Do you think that some forums have a group of people that get all the attention and posts while yours are overlooked?Do you ever look at people's signatures? How much effort do you put into being in the "in crowd" on here?What do you think?

1. Sure. No.2. Definitely.3. I glance at signatures. For work and just because I want to.

jlovfkk.jpg

Do you feel that BZPower has an "inner circle" that you're not a part of? Do you think thIs has to do with Premier Membership and blogs?Do you think that some forums have a group of people that get all the attention and posts while yours are overlooked? Do you ever look at people's signatures? How much effort do you put into being in the "in crowd" on here? What do you think?

1. Hardly I think the only thing that comes close to an inner circle is the staff. Premier membership and blogs have nothing to do with it.2. Probably. Consider a new unknown writer posts a story but a well known writer recently updated which will people more likely read? I'm not it is impossible to become well known it's just really hard and with BZP coming out of the upgrade with fewer active members doesn't help.3. I look at signatures but I don't think any of them say "hey everybody I'm part of an inner circle". I also put no effort in being a member of being in this "inner circle". I'll admit I do want to be a library demigod/goddess seeing as that could probably also the closest to an inner circle here.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Me fit in? Meh, I'm just a guy who knows way too much about Bionicle and loves forums/communities. I do regret not being a premiere member, something I still plan on doing, but there are cliques in areas of the forums that may seem a bit unfriendly or just competitive. Mainly, this is a great site, there may be an "inner-circle", but not in a social aspect. Its the staff that runs/maintains the site, yet we all contribute.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I feel I fit in, but it's nothing to do with being premier or blogs. My blog is like a rundown village afterall...I keep mostly to S&T, and BBC. Often venture into Sets and GD, but mainly I think I'm part of the S&T crowd. If you can call it a "crowd" these days. S&T is almost as busy as my blog these days.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Personally, I never tried or cared to become part of any "inner circle," though I would say that the most obvious division there is between staff and non-staff, though this is probably for the best. BZP without mods would dissolve into chaos before too long. :PHeck, outside of the Comedies forum, I'm not really that well-known myself, though I do like to post regularly and take part in discussions. In Comedies, I just started writing because I had an idea that I thought would be amusing, then I had two, then I had ten...To me it wouldn't matter if I had 1 fan or 100 fans. I'd still write just the same.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

I'm not so sure about BZP having one elite 'inner circle', but I think there's a bunch of prominent groups out there, and I don't really consider myself part of one.For example, the RPers on the sight, they seem to have their own group that runs pretty tight, but in a good way.And on my part, I don't invest too much energy bothering to fit in with any groups, because Real Life has this tendancy to swallow me up more often than not.But if I had to pick one place to fit in, I'd probably say it's the Library, because I feel like it's a nice middleground for an aspiring writer who doesn't have the committment for RPing.

Edited by Aderia: Toa of Ducklings

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about an inner circle, but I definitely don't fit in :P. Maybe I did at one point, but I'm too inactive at the moment. The "good friends" of mine on my friends list either never come on or don't remember me ( :P ) so that doesn't help too much either.EDIT: It has a lot to do with blogs, yes. :P

Edited by Archmaster

~Music is what feelings sound like~

96% of teens like either rap or "real music". If you are part of the 4% that appreciate all types of music, copy and paste this into your sig.

The idea of an "inner circle" is kind've improper, I think, because I don't think that's how social framework operates here. The whole site is a "circle," an adequate little corner of a regrettable fandom.Now, there are groups of friends on this site, but when you get into that, it begs the question of how that necessarily relates to BZPower. I have a number of very close friends who are members of this site, but my friendship with them isn't something attached to BZPower at all. "Tufi Piyufi" and I chat via the phone/text-message every day; I hang out with "Black Six" all the time; "LehvakLah" practicaly lives with me; I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen with "Windrider" next month; I just saw "ToM Dracone" last week and "Makaru" the week before; I'm in a band with "Hahli Husky";"DeeVee" and "InnerRayg" and "Nukaya" and many more are close friends I talk to all the time and see as often as possible...we're just regular pals who hang out, get pizza, watch movies, walk about town together, et cetera (man that was weird typing out their usernames instead of their real names)So does that show in our interactions here on BZ? Well, I'd be surprised if it didn't, sure! I'm sure I speak more casually to Bryan (Makaru) or Ray (InnerRayg) than I do to a member that I don't know, just like you address your friends more casually than a stranger or a mere acquaintance. And while it's true most of my close friends who are also members of BZ are on staff, I don't think the staff itself is a kind of clique. These people I've mentioned and a number more are close buddies of mine, but there are also people on staff who I don't know at all, or who are merely acquaintances. So I think it's improper to view the staff as some kind of "inner circle," or to assume that all the staffers here are close friends or whatnot. Staff operations are generally done in a fairly professional sort of manner. For me, Pat, Ray, Bryan, etc, it's also the only times we listen to Andrew (Black Six) at all, because we all know what a dork he is in real life. ;)But what this friendship doesn't mean is that we're an "inner circle" with special influence or anything on the site (If anything, I think it means Andrew listens to me even less (also, he fired me from my reporter position! :( :( :( )). We don't have Andrew's ear any more than any other staffer and we don't dictate the direction of the site at all - that's just him. it also doesn't afford us any favorus (nor should it!); I'd have my sorry rear fired and banned just as much as the next guy if I started breaking the rules. The only favour I've ever gotten from Black Six was him helping me move into my new house two weeks ago (thanks buddy!!), and I paid him for that with a cooler full of beer.Side note, I think Andrew would chuckle heartily if he heard the idea that he has some special "hit squad" on BZPower. Because if he ever tried to make us do stuff like that, we'd laugh in his face. :lol:

bring back "an cool dude"

Poor Smeag. No longer a reporter.And a band? Hmm...if you ever find yourself in need of a new bassplayer...Anyways, On Topic:I'd like to think I fit in pretty well on most of the site. I like Bionicles, and I'm nice to people. Not much more needed to be able to do that. :PAlthough I RP more than anything.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Considering my often-lengthy random hiatuses, I never really thought I did fit in.There'll always be little memes and jokes I just don't get. I've never really had any friends on this forum, either.Which is, funnily enough, an inversion of how I am on another forum. Kinda.I've always wanted to contribute to the creative outlet, perhaps in the literary way. But I've never had the time to.

"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

My PBZP: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4267

I hadn't even known it was posted until much later... Oops.

000_0004.jpg

1. Do you feel that BZPower has an "inner circle" that you're not a part of? Do you think this has to do with Premier Membership and blogs?I think BZPower actually does have an inner circle, but it changes often enough that such a term becomes meaningless. It also doesn't have much to do with Premier Membership, as far as I can tell.2. Do you think that some forums have a group of people that get all the attention and posts while yours are overlooked?I used to think so. I wonder if it's the same now that activity's gone down? But obviously I'm not even here often enough to be deliberately overlooked, so whatever.3. Do you ever look at people's signatures? How much effort do you put into being in the "in crowd" on here?Whenever I'm here, I generally pay no attention to anyone else's signature, let alone my own. And of course I don't even try to make myself known anymore. Once upon a time I was a local legend/scourge/whatever, now I'm just some half-remembered member with no online accomplishments to my name.* shrug *

~

:b: :i: :m_o: :m: :a: :n: :c: :e: :r:~

Edited by Overlord

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

I fit in. I fit in the comic section. With the people in and out of BZPower. I normally tell myself that even if people aren't commenting on my stuff, they still could be reading. If I worry too much, I get discouraged, and that's a time waster. Plus I think all the admins and premiers are more funny than me. A stress reliever. Like this post for example, I don't care if anybody reads it, I just like to post here. Cause you all are awesome!

Hmm... I'm not really the most active member (I joined in '03 and disappeared for years on end XD), so I wouldn't say anyone knows who I am (aside from a few members). I normally don't get a whole lot of comments on things and I'll go to Critics Clubs for that, but I'm not too distraught over it. After all, there are tons of great artists here and reading a few short stories or checking out things in GA is always fun. ^^Do I fit in? Hmm... Probably not, but I don't think it's something I should really worry about. Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

1. The Staff. Although I'm not too sure on the "inner circle" part, I'm definitely not a part of it. I don't really think Premier Membership makes that much of a difference, and blogs make even less of one. It's not like regular members can't read 'em; we just can't have our own.2. Yes, of course. However, those same people often put a lot of work into their posts and have for quite some time, which is part of the reason everyone pays attention to them (bonesii being a perfect example).I like to think my posts aren't ignored, but it would be tough to read every single post in any topic, so I'm sure they are.3. I don't spend a lot of time looking at signatures, but I don't make an effort to not see them either. :PI put very little effort into being in the "in crowd". That sort of thing has never really appealed to me. However, I definitely feel most at home in the Bionicle RPG forum, so maybe that counts for something...

Lacertus

I'd say there are circles of friends, but none are very tightly knit. Anyone can jump in and have a great chat with someone they don't even know, and that's the beauty of the Internet. But maybe that's just me, because it's what I do in real life. If someone's having a conversation I want in on, then I go and join it, whether I know them or not. I am a bit of a strange guy, though.I don't see groups of people that I don't fit in with here, except for a few staff members that scare me :fear: :PPremier Members are only premier because they paid for it. Doesn't make them any better than the normal members. Blogs I never saw as a community at all.I think long posts from famous people are generally more appreciated then short, snappy posts from schmoes like moi, but sometimes I say something witty and get a laugh and a cringe, so it's fine by me.To be honest I think I fit in, as long as I'm deranged and interested in Bionicle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • [*]1. Yes. I do believe that some premier members have an almost pretentious outlook towards regular member groups because they have certain perks that the regular members don't have. This group is a minority on the site, a small percentage of the hundreds of people here, but they feel that they are higher-ups among the dozens of people around the site. Not that I'd care to be a part of this circle of people, I just don't exactly have all that much respect for their attitude.

• [*]1A. I also think that the staff are in their own inner circle, but that's mainly just because they're staff. But I think some of the staff get away with things they are supposed to, just because they are in that circle. They are a member of the site like anybody else, and just because they have authority doesn't mean they shouldn't follow the rules. Some of them get away with insulting the members unjustly - everybody should respect everybody else, regardless of their position. If they have a reason for the insult, that's fine, and I can understand the insult is to put members in their place, but it gets to a certain point it's too much. I mean no offense to the staff, and I'm not purposefully trying to get on the staff's case and I'm not whining, but I just think that sometimes it's a little much, and very offensive. You can shoot me for saying this, but I see it this way sometimes.

• [*]2. Absolutely. I don't doubt some people deserve the attention, but when they gain popularity, they stay ranked in that popularity and many people get overlooked, whether in talent or long posts that are thorough and actually deserve a looking over because they make a good point. Being a part of that group half of the time, I think people should read every single post instead of just looking at the popular members' posts.

• [*]3. I look at people's signatures for signature reports most of the time. Other times, I'm simply skimming over them and viewing ones I'm interested in.

• [*]4. I prefer to think I'm a non-conformist to most fads and opinions, because I state my opinion boldly, whether it gets me in trouble or not. Even if I do get in trouble, I have a quick escape plan and try to end an argument quickly before me or the member I'm arguing with gets deeper into trouble. Nonetheless, I stay away from fads and say what I think regardless of what other people think of me. Again, I prefer to think of myself as a non-conformist.

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

As someone who has been in and out of Premier Membership, I can safely say that I'm not too interested in joining any particular clique or any such group. I'd much prefer to be friendly toward everyone, be someone anyone can talk to...all around just be the guy that fits into BZPower, not into a single clique in the huge mass of people.

:kaukau: I'm not around as much as I was before, but I still find circles of people I tend to socialize with, typically writers in CoT. The only thing I miss about my old social status was that I used to communicate often with EmperorWhenua and his friends, although now it feels like we're a bit alienated. Nowadays I can more often count on Wrack'n'Ruin being a really negative critic. Well, it's life. Maybe I should resurface from CoT...Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

• 2 weeks later...

Nah. We're more of a massive group of random individuals who do random things, so having an 'inner circle' would be rather hard. I see BZPower more as an octagon.Some people are given greater attention at times due to being more well-known, except I don't really get overlooked because I spend nearly all my time in the RPG section.Yes. I look at people's signatures. That's what I do over in the Describe the Sig of the Member Above You topic.Wait, there's an 'in crowd'?

1. What is this inner circle you speak of? Is it a pie?2. Yes and no. I have knowledge that many people read my comics and occasionally post in them, but only two post in them regularly. (Thank you guys, you know who you are!)3. I look at them, and click if I see a link to something good. How much effort do I put into fitting in? I try to do things that people will enjoy (hence my comics), but I don't try to follow trends, join fads (Oh, how much joy I have in my display name not ending in phobia for the next 2 months) or in general be anything but who I am naturally.

Pk57sNJ.jpg