• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Do You Feel Like You Fit In On Bzpower?

BZPower fitting in elitism

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,004 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:26 PM

[*]1. Yes. I do believe that some premier members have an almost pretentious outlook towards regular member groups because they have certain perks that the regular members don't have. This group is a minority on the site, a small percentage of the hundreds of people here, but they feel that they are higher-ups among the dozens of people around the site. Not that I'd care to be a part of this circle of people, I just don't exactly have all that much respect for their attitude.[/list]

D: But that's awful!Great, now I'll go back and check all my posts for any sign of that behaviour :cry:

18_yaargh.jpg

"And this is why you should always have your plot ready in advance"

#82 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:37 PM

[*]1. Yes. I do believe that some premier members have an almost pretentious outlook towards regular member groups because they have certain perks that the regular members don't have. This group is a minority on the site, a small percentage of the hundreds of people here, but they feel that they are higher-ups among the dozens of people around the site. Not that I'd care to be a part of this circle of people, I just don't exactly have all that much respect for their attitude.[/list]

D: But that's awful!Great, now I'll go back and check all my posts for any sign of that behaviour :cry:

You're in the clear, you're definitely not in that group. =)It's definitely a minority on the site, I just get the feeling from some premier members that they're better than me because they're premier. Despite the fact it's a minority, I somehow run into this group frequently around the forums. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#83 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,324 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 08:35 PM

Overall, I feel I fit in here on BZP more than in some other places. Yes, I'm aware that's a very vague answer.In general, as to your other questions, I don't really feel that there's as much of an inner circle, other than the staff seeming extremely close due to all having met various times IRL. So no, blogs aren't a part of it. I know various members who aren't Premier but hang out in blogs a lot.As for some people getting all the attention, I think most of us feel like that occasionally. But it's not really true when looked at from a calm standpoint, I'd say.I glance at signatures, but I don't pay them much mind.~B~

Edited by Ballom, Apr 10 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image

#84 Offline Sybre the Mental

Sybre the Mental
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,574 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm a comic maker. I don't have to worry. :)

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

chuppy_banner.png

Click the homemade banners to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos and Superiornatural: the Epic!

Superiornatural Wiki

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

Worst Movie Quote Ever: "Let's die!"

#85 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,039 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 02:50 AM

Do you feel that BZPower has an "inner circle" that you're not a part of? Do you think thIs has to do with Premier Membership and blogs?

I am a Premier Member because I wanted to support the site. I have never felt in or out based on premier status. I kinda felt like a newbie on the site back when my post count was very low, but that's because I was, quite simply. I have never felt the need to be part of any "circle" here, just being a regular forum member is the "circle" for me.

Do you think that some forums have a group of people that get all the attention and posts while yours are overlooked?

The art and story sections get few comments anyways, so I'm not that concerned, but yeah, sometimes. Mostly because I go "eeeeeeeeeeeh! :-D" over every comment I get, though, so each is special. :lol:

Do you ever look at people's signatures? How much effort do you put into being in the "in crowd" on here?

I used to click on links or banners I found interesting, but after the signature guidelines changed I have simply turned off viewing signatures altogether. They simply take up too much screen space now and are kinda obnoxious.Personally, I have never had much of a drive to blog or anything, and the blogs are a separate part of the site that I seldom visit. My interaction with other members usually come from discussion or one-on-one PM, so there's not really any "circles" involved there either.Now, do I "fit in"? Yes, in the way that I among the people who like to discuss things and do some art/stories/programming to add to the community. But I dunno, lately I've felt like an outsider when browsing the RPG topics an stuff, because there is so much... silliness I just can't get on board with. I dunno, I just don't "get it", I guess. Too old. :P

Edited by Katuko, Apr 13 2012 - 02:51 AM.

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated February 2014: Added new attacks for Toa of Iron, Plant Life and Psionics!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users