The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

Mayhem Fest lineup sucks this year. Only bands worth seeing this time for me other than As I Lay Dying are Slayer and Anthrax, and I've already seen them. Seriously, what the heck is up with it? Asking Alexandria?? Slipknot??? I know the scene kids are going to go crazy over this, but this is a no-no for me. But anyways.I got Misery Signals's album Controller a few weeks ago. Whole album is awesome, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a bit of progcore.TOGETHER YOU WILL KEEP SEARCHINGTHE ANSWERS WILL NEVER COMEKEEP SEARCHING

lol, i actually think Mayhem is looking pretty rad. i like Whitechapel, High on Fire, The Devil Wears Prada, and As I Lay Dying quite a bit. i'd probably just see them and then leave (if i could go, no NC date this year). also Misery Signals is god-tier, good choice!and dang Valenti, i am jealous. there are some seriously great bands on that bill. seems like you'll have a great time there

that's probably one of my least favorite tool songs :/

ಠ_ಠ
well sorry, it just feels too standard for the band, and it's just kind of, well, boring. it's still good, don't get me wrong, but it's not close to their best imo. Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

I'm not a big fan of festivals, but I'm considering going to whichever UK festival Refused will be doing, unless they also do a regular show here this year. I'm also kinda disappointed that the only UK date for Black Sabbath is the Download festival. Although they do have Anthrax, Machine Head, Tenacious D and Metallica, but I've seen Anthrax and couldn't care about Metallica, even more so if they'll be playing the Black Album in full. The other two I can probably catch on shows of their own. However, I will be seeing Pardise Lost on 29th April. Can't wait for the show and the new album <3

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

i like festivals and such, it's a cool way to get exposed to new bands as well as see some of your favorites.also it looks like i'm most likely going to the metal alliance tour in march :Dfor those who don't know, the lineup is Devildriver, The Faceless, Job For A Cowboy, Dying Fetus, 3 Inches of Blood, Impending Doom, and Wretchednot too big on Devildriver and 3IOB but every other band there is awesome.

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

Good God, I'm so bummed that I can't afford to see that. I would love to see JfaC and The Faceless :drool:However, I'd much rather go see Veil of Maya again. I saw them with After the Burial, Misery Signals, Within the Ruins, and Your Memorial in October, and it was amazing. Danny Hauser is such a chill guy (so are Marc and Brandon, but Danny hung out with me for like two hours and watched the World Series with me, he's a Cardinals fan too :P ). The guys in After the Burial are super chill too, but Danny just took the cake that night. I really hope I can pay off the loan my dad gave me before Veil of Maya tours again so I can see them.

These transitions in reverie could never be

What you wanted them to be, it's what I believe.

These sleepless nights in arms you can't reach

Will never be what you thought they would be.

I can't sleep, I can't breathe.

I can't breathe the air that you breathe,

I can't be the dreams that you dream.

You're taking your time, and I can't breathe the air.

i saw them back in december on the sumeriancore supertour (Born Of Osiris' headliner), they were simply amazing. i am thoroughly convinced that Eclipse is going to be the greatest thing everi'll probably catch after the burial again on Whitechapel's headliner and then on Warped, that'll be 3 times seeing them. they're so perf

nhsYE.jpg

After the Burial is easily the best live band I've ever seen. And, I have a Rareform tattoo, so when I hung out with them, they put pictures of it on one of their social networking pages, and gave me a free shirt, which was awesome. They were super chill, and I can't wait to see them again. Their tour with Whitechapel totally ignores Illinois and Iowa though :|And, I saw Born of Osiris about a year ago, and they were pretty good. Saw them with Darkest Hour, The Human Abstract, and As Blood Runs Black. Darkest Hour definitely stole the show from them, though. However, the pit during Bow Down was pretty brutal. Some 6'6" skinhead in a leather jacket, and combat boots was in there, and headbutted me in the face. He broke my nose. It was pretty awesome/awful.

Their tour with Whitechapel totally ignores Illinois and Iowa though :|

bah, really? that's super lame. i'm travelling 4ish hours (one-way) just to see that. the line-up is just too great to miss imo. also mirin that rareform tat.

And, I saw Born of Osiris about a year ago, and they were pretty good. Saw them with Darkest Hour, The Human Abstract, and As Blood Runs Black. Darkest Hour definitely stole the show from them, though. However, the pit during Bow Down was pretty brutal. Some 6'6" skinhead in a leather jacket, and combat boots was in there, and headbutted me in the face. He broke my nose. It was pretty awesome/awful.

yeah BoO has some great pits, seen them twice (All-stars and headliner). that sounds hilariously amazing. worst thing that's happen to me in a pit was during I, The Breather's set during Scream The Prayer, i got elbowed in the nose by this crazy dude who kept jumping on my friend. bled all over a new shirt. didn't break my nose though, so i wasn't bothered that much.NEW TOPIC: worst stuff that happened to you in a mosh pitalso RIP The Human Abstractalso also i'm seeing Stray From The Path next sunday, screw the superbowl. Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

So jelly. Not that you're seeing SFTP, but that since Structures is on that tour, you'll be seeing them. I love Structures.Also, until all of Sumerian's new signings, I'd seen the majority of the 'Sumeriancore' bands. (So, not Asking Alexandria, or Dead Letter Circus, or Periphery, or etc.) I was only missing out on Circle of Contempt, The Faceless, and The Contortionist (I've seen BoO, VoM, AtB, and CftG already), but now they have Structures, The HAARP Machine, Betraying the Martyrs, and I The Breather too. It's gonna take me forever to see all of these bands ಠ_ಠAlso, my Rareform tat, so you can admire it more :P303859_2601893007492_1259840305_3330856_930963775_n.jpg299875_2605521458201_1259840305_3334906_1895428876_n.jpgThe black outline has since been filled in with green, but I don't have any decent, recent photos.

Edited by -One-

I'm so jealous. Structures is one of my absolute favorite bands.

Well, only slightly over two weeks until Gigantour in Calgary... super stoked. Been meaning to check out some more Motörhead beforehand, but I keep forgetting.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Dude. The first single from Obey the Brave came out today, and it's seriously awesome. They're a metalcore band from Montreal, although they're a bit on the hardcore side of metalcore. Their vocalist is none other than Alex Erian (vocalist/ex-drummer of Despised Icon, ex-drummer of Neuraxis). I'm so glad to see him in a new band, because he's one of my favorite vocalists. And I really think his vocal style fits much better in a hardcore band than a deathcore band, so this was a great change of pace.

The Gigantour lineup is Megadeth, Volbeat, Motörhead, and Lacuna Coil. Looking back on the other years, this is one of only two years that I'd care to see. The other being whatever year Dream Theater played.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I'm kinda looking forward to FortaRock in the Netherlands in June.Currently, the line up is:SlayerMachine HeadLamb of GodAnthraxTriviumMeshuggahNasumMore to be revealed later. ^_^

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Dude. The first single from Obey the Brave came out today, and it's seriously awesome. They're a metalcore band from Montreal, although they're a bit on the hardcore side of metalcore. Their vocalist is none other than Alex Erian (vocalist/ex-drummer of Despised Icon, ex-drummer of Neuraxis). I'm so glad to see him in a new band, because he's one of my favorite vocalists. And I really think his vocal style fits much better in a hardcore band than a deathcore band, so this was a great change of pace.

agreed on his voice being better for hardcore than deathcore. i liked it, a bit generic but still good. i look forward to more from them

The Gigantour lineup is Megadeth, Volbeat, Motörhead, and Lacuna Coil. Looking back on the other years, this is one of only two years that I'd care to see. The other being whatever year Dream Theater played.

eh, not my style, though all the bands are pretty good. it's not coming near NC anyway so that one's shot

I'm kinda looking forward to FortaRock in the Netherlands in June.Currently, the line up is:SlayerMachine HeadLamb of GodAnthraxTriviumMeshuggahNasumMore to be revealed later. ^_^

would mos def go to that, because NASUM (seriously i love Nasum). i also really like Machine Head and Meshuggah, the rest doesn't appeal to me too much. they're all good, but again, not my style. Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

agreed on his voice being better for hardcore than deathcore. i liked it, a bit generic but still good. i look forward to more from them
Definitely. They remind me a lot of The Ghost Inside. I'm sure that since it was the single, it's a "safe" song, and they'll release better, less generic songs with their album.Also, Meshuggah is coming to Chicago in May. I. Must. Go.

Who's Meshuggah touring with in the States this go round? I would kill for that Meshuggah-Animals As Leaders tour. I'm serious. Not really.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

Who's Meshuggah touring with in the States this go round? I would kill for that Meshuggah-Animals As Leaders tour. I'm serious. Not really.

Decapitated is opening, with Baroness as main support.

if i remember correctly, that tour isn't hitting NC x[so the headliners for summer slaughter got announced, they're Cannibal Corpse and Between The Buried And Me. The Faceless, Job For A Cowboy, Veil of Maya, Exhumed, and Hate Eternal are rumored to be some of the support acts. will definitely go (and probably leave before CC because i'm not a huge fan to be honest)oh and now i can't go see Stray From The Path with Structures because my friend who was going to drive us got Mono. ah well :/

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

Manimals, Megaherz and We Butter the Bread With Butter confirmed for Wacken 2012.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I kinda wish I lived in France now, so I could go to Hellfest. Black Sabbath, Refused, Amon Amarth, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, Machine Head, Exodus, Behemoth, King Diamond, Dimmu Borgir and Children Of Bodom, among others...

I'd love to go as well, but seeing as I'm already going to Wacken, it'd be too expensive. :PThat, and Wacken has better toilets. <.<

f9Qcky7.png

News just in, Bill Ward won't be taking part with Black Sabbath. Yesterday he said that there were difficulties due to them wanting him to sign an 'unsignable' contract, and today Sabbath released a statement saying they'll continue without him.So there's not gonna be an original Black Sabbath reunion. It's a shame that they can't negotiate a contract at this point in their lives and careers.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

to be fair, Ward did seem to have legit-sounding reasons to not sign the contract. also the problem with these reunions is that they're so old they can barely play their instruments, so they have people hiding backstage playing most of the song. that's why i'm not excited about the reunion all that muchalso guys, check out Kingmaker. They're not very well known, but they play an amazing blend of metal and hardcore (leaning towards the hardcore) with a dash of djent in the guitar tones. you can get both of their EPs from Bandcamp for free, and i highly recommend that you do that. they're also in the process of recording a full length album too, so get stoked on that!

nhsYE.jpg

Ward said multiple times that he actually did want to do it, but he wasn't getting nearly enough of a good contract. From the sounds of things, he's getting less than the 25% he feels he's entitled to.Also, is anyone else really looking forward to the Glass Cloud debut?-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ward said multiple times that he actually did want to do it, but he wasn't getting nearly enough of a good contract. From the sounds of things, he's getting less than the 25% he feels he's entitled to.Also, is anyone else really looking forward to the Glass Cloud debut?-Teezy

exactly, plus he said he felt that it restricted his freedom of speech as an artisti am! i'm in for anything Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza related
nhsYE.jpg

Slayer are gonna start recording the new album in March.Oh yeah.

Ehhhh. As much as I love Slayer, they have basically been playing the same song since Seasons in the Abyss. Although they did say the new album would be a "return to their roots" so lets hope it actually does that: like Aborted did with Global Flatline, not Morbid Angel's latest abomination. Edited by -Sykura-

sykurafire.jpg

hey, hey guysJESSE LEACH IS IN KILLSWITCH ENGAGE AGAIN

(hyperventilates in a brown bag)

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

So Overkill's Bloodletting is a pretty fantasric album... need to listen to these guys more.

E8c8QpP.jpg