The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

New Meshuggah song, new Meshuggah song, new Meshuggah song!It's called Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion, and it is devastatingly heavy.It's on SoundCloud, but not Meshuggah's SoundCloud. Would it be against the rules to link it?

Edited by -One-

These transitions in reverie could never be

What you wanted them to be, it's what I believe.

These sleepless nights in arms you can't reach

Will never be what you thought they would be.

I can't sleep, I can't breathe.

I can't breathe the air that you breathe,

I can't be the dreams that you dream.

You're taking your time, and I can't breathe the air.

Got Mortad's debut album, The Myth Of Purity, a couple of days ago. Pretty good Death Metal with a female vocalist. Slightly heavier and more brutal than than Arch Enemy, I'd say.

Meh, boring death/thrash I have to say. Not in the least bit brutal, and the vocalist is pretty bad. It is not exactly difficult being heavier than Arch Enemy though, I shall give you that. :P Edited by -Sykura-

sykurafire.jpg

Anybody else dig Sybreed?

I dig Sybreed. I got Antares a while back. I have yet to listen to the whole thing, but from what I heard, it's pretty awesome.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

i'm not really feeling them, unfortunately. i've never been big into industrial metal, though. i can't hate though, they are certainly talented. looking them up though i see that they had Dirk Verbeuren play on an album, which is sweet because he also played on Goremaggedon by Aborted, which just so happens to be one of my favorite albumsalso, you guys are going to totally hate me after this but i now non-ironically enjoy Emmure. they are incredibly lulzy and stupid but i can't resist them for some reason

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

also thisyou know thinking about it Emmure and Meshuggah are not that different. both basically do nothing but chug and throw in a few dissonant things every now and again. the only real differences are that Meshuggah does it all in weird time signatures and Emmure is fronted by a deathcore version of fred durst while Meshuggah is fronted by one of the most boring vocalists in metal.i am looking forward to SlavE To ThE GamE way more than Koloss though, even if i enjoy both bands. Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

also thisyou know thinking about it Emmure and Meshuggah are not that different. both basically do nothing but chug and throw in a few dissonant things every now and again. the only real differences are that Meshuggah does it all in weird time signatures and Emmure is fronted by a deathcore version of fred durst while Meshuggah is fronted by one of the most boring vocalists in metal.i am looking forward to SlavE To ThE GamE way more than Koloss though, even if i enjoy both bands.

Boring? In that new song, his vocals are kinda lame, but in other songs, he does pretty intense screaming. I guess you'd have to see a live performance to see the veins in his head bulging. :P Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

So, the other new Meshuggah track is phenomenal too. I can't wait to hear the songs they used 6-strings for on this album!And as for the Emmure debate, I really like them, and am totally serious about that. Their first album was awesome, and pretty solidly melodic hardcore, rather than deathcore. I think their "deathcore sound" really came into play during Felony, which I didn't even like, but they perfected it on Speaker Of The Dead.Also, the new Veil of Maya album is amazing.

yesthey're 2deep4uI SEE A FIRE IN THE SKYi dunno if i'd say GttG was melodic hardcore, i usually think of stuff like Counterparts when it comes to that. i think felony is more where they got all nu-metally and then speaker of the dead they made those elements awesome instead of just stupid

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

Just got back from Gigantour. It was amazing... Motorhead was a slight let-down because they were so loud you couldn't hear them, but Volbeat, Lacuna Coil, and Megadeth were fantastic. Played mostly their best songs.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

they were so loud you couldn't hear them

i know what you meant but this sounds pretty sillyalso laughin man you should try listening to emmure's first album if you haven't because it's pretty different from their current stuff. also check Last Words To Rose from their new album, it's a step above what they usually do
nhsYE.jpg

sorry bromine but I just can't stand Emmure. like, to the point where I'd rather shove my hand into a meat grinder than listen to any of their albums.and decent or not, I don't see the point in bothering to listen when there's so much better (and more entertaining) out there, even in the metalcore/deathcore genres.

Edited by Eucliwood

i can understand why you'd say that, especially if all you'v heard was stuff like Children of Cybertron, I Thought You Met Telly And Turned Me Into Casper, and their Acacia Strain diss track (featuring one of the lulziest lyrics ever). shame i can't mention the title here. i still stand by Goodbye To The Gallows as a legitimately good album, while the rest of their stuff is good in a different way. i won't get all hateful towards for not wanting to though, because i get where you're coming from.just a quick comment on the mindset of "there's better stuff out there so why try something a lot of people dislike" is really silly imo. i understand that way of thinking, and that's the same one i used to have, but i still think it's a little... childish, i guess. not trying to be insulting but i just disagree with the concept. it's like saying "hey man, between the buried and me is the best progressive death metal band around so why even bother to try anything else". mini-rant over.have you at least checked out the new Veil of Maya? it's streaming on spotify if you don't like downloading leaksdat soundclip in Punisher is so perfect, oh man

nhsYE.jpg

So, my friend Jon just released an EP with his band Haddonfield, called Block Music. It's streaming on a social networking site, if you know where to look. It's pretty generic deathcore, but I thought it was pretty well done. If anyone is into Despised Icon, I'd recommend it, because that's what they really remind me of a lot.Also, new I The Breather and Beneath the Massacre albums are fantastic.

So, my friend Jon just released an EP with his band Haddonfield, called Block Music. It's streaming on a social networking site, if you know where to look. It's pretty generic deathcore, but I thought it was pretty well done. If anyone is into Despised Icon, I'd recommend it, because that's what they really remind me of a lot.Also, new I The Breather and Beneath the Massacre albums are fantastic.

checking it out right about now EDIT: Mind PMing me a link? there are a ton of bands named Haddonfield apparentlytruth. especially BtM. it's like Brain Drill if they knew how to write songs!also my friend just told me about this weet band called Dance Club Massacre. Think deathcore + symphonic black metal. good stuff. also, they did a rendition of 99 bottles of beer on the wall. the whole thing. Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

also speaking of Deftones, Chi is starting to recover, which is fantastic news

I love how everyone took that video totally out of context. He's still basically the same way he's been for years. MCS's, and even comas in general, aren't on/off switches of consciousness; it'll be a long way to go before he's completely functional.Speaking of Deftones, I've been getting into Chino's side project Crosses, although that sort of strays outside the metal territory.

Just downloaded the new Veil of Maya. Simply incredible. But just like [id], it is just way too short in length. 10 tracks clocking in at under 30 minutes is a little disappointing at times to me, especially when everything else is so good. Definitely gonna be buying it next time i see them play though.

yeah...

^ Yay! c:

Just downloaded the new Veil of Maya. Simply incredible. But just like [id], it is just way too short in length. 10 tracks clocking in at under 30 minutes is a little disappointing at times to me, especially when everything else is so good. Definitely gonna be buying it next time i see them play though.

i don't mind it actually. maybe it's my short attention span, but like 90% of the time long albums bore me. example being Vildhjarta's debut. some great, great tunes on there but it's so hard to sit through. also peripheryshort album master race Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

I know Chevelle isn't metal, per se, but Face to The Floor is just fantastic

I love how everyone took that video totally out of context. He's still basically the same way he's been for years. MCS's, and even comas in general, aren't on/off switches of consciousness; it'll be a long way to go before he's completely functional.

way to bring me down, bro :c

only in dreams.

I'd consider Chevelle alt. metal (which probably isn't enough metal for most of the people in this topic). I actually haven't had a chance to listen to the new album yet, even though I have it >>. FttF was decent enough, but it wasn't quite wow-y like Jars had been previously, so I dunno what that says about the new disc.

I love how everyone took that video totally out of context. He's still basically the same way he's been for years. MCS's, and even comas in general, aren't on/off switches of consciousness; it'll be a long way to go before he's completely functional.

way to bring me down, bro :c
Hey, I just don't want people to get the wrong impression. There was a whole thing of "omg he's better it's like christmas all over again" when he really hasn't changed terribly much. Edited by Dorek

I'd consider Chevelle alt. metal (which probably isn't enough metal for most of the people in this topic). I actually haven't had a chance to listen to the new album yet, even though I have it >>. FttF was decent enough, but it wasn't quite wow-y like Jars had been previously, so I dunno what that says about the new disc.
eh, if we can mention Emmure without inciting too much hate Chevelle is fair game. i need to listen to them sometime. aren't they like Tool-lite musically? never checked them out so excuse any ignant opinions Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

Their first album was totally an homage to Tool overall, but yeah, later releases have more in common with Helmet.Was listening to Hats Off to the Bull today; actually not too bad. Couple of meh songs, but pretty solid overall, if less inventive than Sci-Fi Crimes.

It took me a while to adjust to Sci-Fi Crimes, but there's a certain language to the zaniness of it. The only really unnecessary bit was the "Interlewd", which was an unneeded 10 Years ripoff. Hats is decidedly more consistent, but less ambitious than Crimes, which is why I don't like it quite as much.