The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

so any of you guys like Job For A Cowboy? Doom is totally classic deathcore, plus they're not too shabby as a death metal band now as well

I saw a video for one of their songs about a year ago when I saw As I Lay Dying's Headbanger's Ball episode. Not bad.Also, Dorek, if you read this, the Crosses EP was fantastic and I agree with you so much on that point.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I might go see Godsmack in April.Are they worth seeing live?

go for it dude! if you enjoy the band then seeing them live is one of the best ways to support them. i can't comment on them live (via hating that style of music) but i'm sure seeing them would be fun for a fan. dunno how well you'd be able to mosh at a show like that though, what with tickets being super expensive for bands that popular

so any of you guys like Job For A Cowboy? Doom is totally classic deathcore, plus they're not too shabby as a death metal band now as well

I saw a video for one of their songs about a year ago when I saw As I Lay Dying's Headbanger's Ball episode. Not bad.Also, Dorek, if you read this, the Crosses EP was fantastic and I agree with you so much on that point.-Teezy
if you wanna get into them more basically check out both of their eps. the best of both eras really. get ready for mad BREE BREEs on Doom though. probably one of the few bands that was good with pig squeals.also i really need to check Crosses out Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

go for it dude! if you enjoy the band then seeing them live is one of the best ways to support them. i can't comment on them live (via hating that style of music) but i'm sure seeing them would be fun for a fan. dunno how well you'd be able to mosh at a show like that though, what with tickets being super expensive for bands that popular

if you wanna get into them more basically check out both of their eps. the best of both eras really. get ready for mad BREE BREEs on Doom though. probably one of the few bands that was good with pig squeals.also i really need to check Crosses out
I still haven't listened to EP 2, but EP 1 was really, really good.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Depends on how much the tickets are, but I'd say they are. They put on a great show and Shannon Larkin playing drums is just awesome to watch anyway.Ordered my tickets for Judas Priest in May, with Saxon supporting. Should be pretty awesome. Might be the last show I'll go to for a while too.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Depends on how much the tickets are, but I'd say they are. They put on a great show and Shannon Larkin playing drums is just awesome to watch anyway.Ordered my tickets for Judas Priest in May, with Saxon supporting. Should be pretty awesome. Might be the last show I'll go to for a while too.
They're like almost 100. =/I should of bought em when someone offered me them for 50.Still might go if I can get a job. :P

dude, really? that's an insane priceone of the benefits of listening to more underground metal is not having to deal with crazy high ticket prices, the most i've pay for a show was like $25 (excluding Warped and Allstars, which don't really count since they were more like festivals than anything else)also is anyone here besides me excited for Warped? the line up looks so good this year

Is anyone else super-amped for "True Definace"?

can't say i am. i've never been into Demon Hunter, i've always found them boring :/ Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

dude, really? that's an insane priceone of the benefits of listening to more underground metal is not having to deal with crazy high ticket prices, the most i've pay for a show was like $25 (excluding Warped and Allstars, which don't really count since they were more like festivals than anything else)also is anyone here besides me excited for Warped? the line up looks so good this year

can't say i am. i've never been into Demon Hunter, i've always found them boring :/
Really? What about The Devil Wears Prada or Oh, Sleeper?

smilebanner.png

And this is why you want to make your dragon happy! =)

Credit goes to .:Shadix:. for the awesome banner!

Glove Save!

can't say i am. i've never been into Demon Hunter, i've always found them boring :/
Warped tour is never near me. :/Demon Hunter IS bleh. :P

Demon Hunter is aight.Also yes, Godsmack is worth seeing live. They're touring with Staind, right? Them together makes a solid lineup, I'm waiting for those tickets.Probably gonna see Rammstein in May.Also yaaaaaay more people talking about Crosses because it's good stuff (I have difficulty calling it a band).

i enjoy a fair share of new Prada stuff, and Oh, Sleeper is genius. gonna see them both in March. i'm not a big fan of groove metal in general so that's why i don't like demon hunter. no hate towards them though, i respect what they're doing.i thought Warped came to most states though. i'm curious, where do you live? Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

i enjoy a fair share of new Prada stuff, and Oh, Sleeper is genius. gonna see them both in March. i'm not a big fan of groove metal in general so that's why i don't like demon hunter. no hate towards them though, i respect what they're doing.i thought Warped came to most states though. i'm curious, where do you live?
Canada. I haven't seen Prada or Oh, Sleeper, but I'd love to

smilebanner.png

And this is why you want to make your dragon happy! =)

Credit goes to .:Shadix:. for the awesome banner!

Glove Save!

the where do you live comment was actually directed towards Rarity, hahai caught a bit of prada at last year's warped tour, had to leave early in the set though due to some stomach problems though. they were pretty good live thoughedit: alright, crosses is awesome

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

mother of god I'm gone for two hours and a new page full of posts pops up..thoughts in no particular order:- Job for a Cowboy is alright- ewww Godsmack oh god why- Crosses aren't even metal- Demon Hunter is pretty good, may check out the new album- ewww The Devil Wears Prada oh god why- ewww Oh, Sleeper oh god why- ewww Rammstein oh god whyalso totally just picked up Mechanize by Fear Factory.

Demon Hunter is aight.Also yes, Godsmack is worth seeing live. They're touring with Staind, right? Them together makes a solid lineup, I'm waiting for those tickets.Probably gonna see Rammstein in May.Also yaaaaaay more people talking about Crosses because it's good stuff (I have difficulty calling it a band).

Yup. Would be an amazing concert.

i enjoy a fair share of new Prada stuff, and Oh, Sleeper is genius. gonna see them both in March. i'm not a big fan of groove metal in general so that's why i don't like demon hunter. no hate towards them though, i respect what they're doing.i thought Warped came to most states though. i'm curious, where do you live?
Middle of nowhere Texas. Dallas would be the closest concert, but it's six hours away. and I'd lack a ride. d:

- Crosses aren't even metal- ewww Oh, Sleeper oh god why

eh, true about crosses, but there's really nowhere else to talk about them (unless we made a topic which would undoubtedly die, plus they can get in by rule of association i say)also have you listened to Children of Fire by Oh, Sleeper? i can understand being "why" to the old stuff but CoF was on a whole other level

Middle of nowhere Texas. Dallas would be the closest concert, but it's six hours away. and I'd lack a ride. d:

oh, that sucks man :/ the farthest away i've gone for a concert is 4 hours, warped is two hours from me (1 and a half hours away is the lowest any concerts have been for me excluding local bands) Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

I consider Crosses a side project. Chino and a couple friends doing some jams. Sounds like a band to me.(also hai dorek how's terrorizing the newbies on BS01/HS01 working out? :3)-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

mother of god I'm gone for two hours and a new page full of posts pops up..thoughts in no particular order:- Job for a Cowboy is alright- ewww Godsmack oh god why- Crosses aren't even metal- Demon Hunter is pretty good, may check out the new album- ewww The Devil Wears Prada oh god why- ewww Oh, Sleeper oh god why- ewww Rammstein oh god whyalso totally just picked up Mechanize by Fear Factory.

Yeah, the new page was really missing some elitism. Now it fits in with the topic much better.I didn't actually realize Fear Factory was still making music, I thought they broke up a while ago. I actually like Fear Factory, but I'm still not entirely sure why; some of their stuff is pretty generic, but they also do some decent work.

- Crosses aren't even metal- ewww Oh, Sleeper oh god why

eh, true about crosses, but there's really nowhere else to talk about them (unless we made a topic which would undoubtedly die, plus they can get in by rule of association i say)also have you listened to Children of Fire by Oh, Sleeper? i can understand being "why" to the old stuff but CoF was on a whole other levelalso lol @ liking demon hunter but not godsmack, they're like the same level of quality imo
I haven't listened to much (read:any) Oh, Sleeper. Are they any good?I mentioned that Crosses isn't metal last time, but hey, I'm digging itAlso yeah, I guess DH and Godsmack are pretty much the same level, I just never listened to as much of them as I have Godsmack.

I consider Crosses a side project. Chino and a couple friends doing some jams. Sounds like a band to me.(also hai dorek how's terrorizing the newbies on BS01/HS01 working out? :3)-Teezy
I guess it's band-ish, but with only two people, I always think that's a little difficult to consider a band. Though I guess we consider NIN a band XPAlso there are no newbies. I banned them all. BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

i think it's just the way you worded it. i mean "OH GOD WHY" isn't exactly the kindest way to say "i dislike these guys". i got your point though, it's your opinion so you can have it :] i try to word my opinions in a none harsh way but i feel like people should avoid getting so butthurt when somebody states their opinion.

I haven't listened to much (read:any) Oh, Sleeper. Are they any good?

def check out Children of Fire, it was one of my faves last year. if you just want a quick way to get into them, listen to Hush Yael, Claws Of A God, The Family Ruin, and Endseekers. Those were probably my faves from the album. also Means To Believe if you want to hear their softer side Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

It's not the disliking something, it's the "oh god why" which implies you think EVERYONE should not like it and that the universe has unfathomably thrown the abject horror of the abyss in your path. The old topic on BZP was chock-full of it, and why I've been avoiding this place for the most part.Edit: Or that^I'll check some out from the library, sounds good. I've never heard of them for some reason =P.

Edited by Dorek

I'll check some out from the library, sounds good. I've never heard of them for some reason =P.

they're not hugely popular, which is a shame because i honestly feel they're more talented that the metalcore giants that headline tours

I had no idea expressing distaste for something means that you think everyone has to hate it. I'll keep that in mind. Perhaps I should also start asking for permission and adding "in my opinion" before stating how I feel about something?

it's not that you dislike it, dude. saying "OH GOD WHY" just comes off as rude and elitist. i feel that way about some bands, but acting like that (especially irl) doesn't really make anyone a fan Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

I know I know, I meant to reword my last comment before anyone called me on the "it's not that you dislike it" part again.REGARDLESS! It's my opinion. I can say it how I want. I'm not going to go and say "I don't like this, is that okay please?" just because some people are going to take it personally or something. I never said everyone has to feel the same way about it that I do, and freaking out over an "implication" (which in this case is simply how you perceived it, Dorek, and honestly you're overreacting) is just as inane as anything I've been accused of.

Edited by Eucliwood

Just got around to listening to Kvelertak's debut album. It's fantastic, even if I can't understand a word of it.Also I don't think Crosses should go here. It's witch house, not metal.

kvelertak is amazing dude, glad you like ityeah crosses should have it's own topic, but i'd prolly die :[ also they're associated to a metal band so i feel like it's not too wrong to discuss 'em

I know I know, I was hoping to edit that before anyone called me on it.REGARDLESS! It's my opinion. I can say it how I want. I'm not going to go and say "I don't like this, is that okay please?" just because some people are going to take it personally or something. I never said everyone has to feel the same way about it that I do, and freaking out over an "implication" (which in this case is simply how you perceived it, Dorek, and honestly you're overreacting) is just as inane as anything I've been accused of.

i know the feel dude, i got the same reaction when i mentioned not liking FFDP in here. i just try to be nicer so we don't get into silly arguments like this. i do believe you should be able to express your opinion however you want, but right now that's not really gonna go by cleanly :/
nhsYE.jpg

This is me overreacting, clearly.I don't expect you to preface everything with "in my opinion" (I actually dislike that) or put on a cheery facade about things (nobody likes that) but you don't have to act offended that somebody has introduced something you dislike for no other reason than personal taste. You could have easily not commented at all, but for some reason, your revulsion apparently compelled you to acknowledge things you don't like.Honestly, the elitist thing was a totally offhand comment about my own dislike about musical elitism in general, which has undeniably been present in this topic and the prior incarnation.Also yeah, Crosses should be in a different topic, but since we don't have anything particularly related...Besides, there really isn't much to discuss =P. They released some EP's, and they're good. Not much more than that.

Edited by Dorek

you don't have to act offended that somebody has introduced something you dislike for no other reason than personal taste. You could have easily not commented at all, but for some reason, your revulsion apparently compelled you to acknowledge things you don't like.

If there's a problem with expressing personal dislike of something, then why are you expressing your dislike of how I express my dislike? You, too, could have easily not commented at all. Edited by Eucliwood

And we've hit the typical circular BZP argument of not addressing the issue but addressing the people behind it (which isn't necessarily always a logical fallacy, granted, but one must tread a fine line).Take it as constructive criticism, or don't, no skin off my back either way. I just happened to think (and it looks like I'm not the only one, but that's unimportant) that taking musical choices personally leads to elitism, which gave the previous topic a good punch to the face and has definitely decreased my enjoyment of this one as well; this saddens me, because I enjoy the metal genre and am always excited to discover new bands that I previously have not heard of or experienced (which I already have today, so I guess I can't write this topic off just yet).

i always felt like elitism was strangling the progress of the genre. some people like old school stuff, and that's fine, but hating on the progress of the whole genre is silly. i feel like hardcore fusion is the way of the future, though it seems like a lot of people refuse to accept that.i am looking forward to Miss May I, Cannibal Corpse, Chelsea Grin, Every Time I Die, Whitechapel, Job For A Cowboy, Converge, King Conquer, Architects, Letlive., The Faceless, 7 Horns 7 Eyes, Periphery, Stick To Your Guns, Born Of Osiris, Car Bomb, Dillinger Escape Plan, Misery Index, Impending Doom, The Red Chord, This Or The Apocalypse, After The Burial, The Ghost Inside, and probably something else that i forgot

nhsYE.jpg

Black Sabbath, hopefully some new Deftones/Tool, 10 Years, Taproot (yes, they suck, but I still like them), and probably others that I can't remember/name because of BZfilter. And I suppose I'll have to dig FF's new album too. And I'll probably look into Soulfly and Meshuggah's upcoming releases too.

I was really momentarily excited about the new Emmure, in that Jesse Ketive posted a picture of him playing what appeared to be an 8-string guitar. When I asked him about it, he noted that he absolutely hates 8-strings, and will never play one. Now I am disappoint, especially since I just got an 8-string.

Edited by -One-

These transitions in reverie could never be

What you wanted them to be, it's what I believe.

These sleepless nights in arms you can't reach

Will never be what you thought they would be.

I can't sleep, I can't breathe.

I can't breathe the air that you breathe,

I can't be the dreams that you dream.

You're taking your time, and I can't breathe the air.