The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

So my local FYE has Opeth's The Candlelight Years box set (featuring their first three studio albums) in the limited edition digipak format (supposedly limited to 2000 copies) for $25. It also has a sticker on it with a bunch of stuff written in Japanese, so it may be an imported version as well.I'm thinking I'll go for it.

So my local FYE has Opeth's The Candlelight Years box set (featuring their first three studio albums) in the limited edition digipak format (supposedly limited to 2000 copies) for $25. It also has a sticker on it with a bunch of stuff written in Japanese, so it may be an imported version as well.I'm thinking I'll go for it.

Go for it!My FYE closed. :/Is it the normal price, or some kind of sale?

I'm excited for the upcoming Death Angel, Fates Warning, Black Sabbath, Overkill, Lacuna Coil (been meaning to pick it up but no money), and while most people have completely given up on Metallica, I haven't yet, so I'm hoping their new one will be another step up from Death Magnetic. Also excited for the new AAR but that doesn't really belong here.

:P And I hold some interest for the upcoming Slayer, but I wouldn't say I'm "excited" for it.

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by The Xin That Should Not Be

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

If we're still talking about upcoming albums, I'm excited about the new Paradise Lost (obviously), Slayer, Black Sabbath, Katatonia, Ministry, Dark Age, Devin Townsend and John 5. The new Slash could also be good. Also, Tenacious D, but they're not metal.

Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Wow, been a while since I visited this here BZP metal topic. A lot's been done in the past oh, how long has it been.Went to my first, second, third and fourth metal concerts (U2 was thrown in the middle somewhere too. Expensive, but awesome). Saw Stray from the Path and For the Fallen Dreams twice as well as Affiance, Blind Witness, Liferuiner, Vanna, After the Burial, Motionless in White, Norma Jean, Volumes, Upon a Burning Body, Winds of Plague, In the Midst of Lions, As Blood Runs Black (<3), Chelsea Grin. Then August Burns Red (!), Silverstein, I the Breather and Texas in July this past weekend.That last show was by far the best, ABR has a setlist of over a dozen songs and totally destroyed. They seem like cool guys too, I would totally chill with them. I waited three hours in the freezing cold and left bruised, bleeding from the head, tired, hungry, thirsty and missing a contact lens. And it was all so, so worth it :DAlso, so new Veil of Maya album - yay, nay?

Formerly known as Skrilax - just, so ya know.

sigx1-1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Go Sens Go!

oh you went to the ABR tour too? i didn't get to see I, The Breather (letlive. played instead so i ain't even mad, though if i had my way ITB would replace TIJ because they suck) but it was super cool. jelly you got to see SFTP, Volumes, ABRB, WOP, Chelsea Grin, ATB, and Vanna (though i will be seeing the last 3 on Warped)also very yay towards new VoM. fantastic stuff, fo rizzle

nhsYE.jpg

Oy, Texas in July's cool. They're great live.I'm not that big a fan of I the Breather, don't hate em, just don't love em either, but they were amazing too. Still, ABR is by far the best band live I've seen, inching out After the Burial.Next objective is to see Born of Osiris, Trivium and Bullet for My Valentine live. Then my life will be complete.

Formerly known as Skrilax - just, so ya know.

sigx1-1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Go Sens Go!

Oy, Texas in July's cool. They're great live.I'm not that big a fan of I the Breather, don't hate em, just don't love em either, but they were amazing too. Still, ABR is by far the best band live I've seen, inching out After the Burial.Next objective is to see Born of Osiris, Trivium and Bullet for My Valentine live. Then my life will be complete.

eh, they never stuck with me :/ seen them twice now, once on scream the prayer and with ABR. they always came off as second-rate ABR rip-offs to me. good time to merch shop though!i love ITB actually, even if they are fairly generic in their own right. i think they're just ripping off bands i like more lolBorn of Osiris is fantastic live by the way, seen them twice now. probably one of the best live bands i've ever seen. Veil Of Maya is the best i've seen though, followed by the Acacia Strain and Between The Buried And Me. then ATB and BoO. i've seen so many good bands
nhsYE.jpg

Oy, Texas in July's cool. They're great live.

eh, they never stuck with me :/ seen them twice now, once on scream the prayer and with ABR. they always came off as second-rate ABR rip-offs to me. good time to merch shop though!
Take a look at their new album, One Reality. It reminds me more of Parkway Drive or The Ghost Inside than August Burns Red, although you can still hear the ABR influence in their sound.

These transitions in reverie could never be

What you wanted them to be, it's what I believe.

These sleepless nights in arms you can't reach

Will never be what you thought they would be.

I can't sleep, I can't breathe.

I can't breathe the air that you breathe,

I can't be the dreams that you dream.

You're taking your time, and I can't breathe the air.

Concert talk... :( No good ones come near me. :PEXCEPT Iron Maiden and Coheed and Cambria are gonna be about six hours away, in August. I'm gonna try to go. But, I'll have to convince my parents. =/

None come near me either. I travelled 9 hours to get to Gigantour. :P I'm also trying to get to the Maiden/Coheed show, but it'll be the same distance and probably even more expensive.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Concert talk... :( No good ones come near me. :PEXCEPT Iron Maiden and Coheed and Cambria are gonna be about six hours away, in August. I'm gonna try to go. But, I'll have to convince my parents. =/

None come near me either. I travelled 9 hours to get to Gigantour. :P I'm also trying to get to the Maiden/Coheed show, but it'll be the same distance and probably even more expensive.
xD cheapest I've been able to find was $48.Nine hours? D= Geez!

Fleshgod Apocalypse anyone??

amazing, amazing band. loved Agony, even though though the clean vocals sounded so strained. would be seeing them live but the Glamour Kills tour is coming here the same day they are, and i've already seen All Shall Perish live.

Hey guys, anyone else listened to Aesthethica by Liturgy? I highly recommend it.

liturgy is a cool group, even if their vocalist is the jarl of hispteria Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

TENACIOUS D IS TOTALLY METAL

xD cheapest I've been able to find was $48.Nine hours? D= Geez!
I'm glad I live in Seattle; horrible terrible mind-numbing weather aside, we have a happening music scene, so most concert tours tend to swing this way at some point or another. It can be especially nice in the summer, where there's this cool amphitheater a few hours away where they hold all the festivals.Also there was supposed to be Motorhead and Lucana Coil touring around me... that might have already happened... or ticketmaster just sucks (rhetorical, thank you). Also Godsmack and Staind don't appear to be touring near here, so... disregard the above and consider me a sad panda.

Fleshgod Apocalypse anyone??

amazing, amazing band. loved Agony, even though though the clean vocals sounded so strained. would be seeing them live but the Glamour Kills tour is coming here the same day they are, and i've already seen All Shall Perish live.
Man I saw them at Summer Slaughter last year with TBDM and they totally killed. I suggest you see them the next time they come through your area then. I swear the drummer is an octopus hahaha.

yeah...

http://soundcloud.co...i-die-ex-lives/guys the new Every Time I Die album is streaming (with bonus tracks) right thurrgo listen to it if you want super cool southern-tinged metal

Love love love. Beats out New Junk by so much for me.Also, the Glass Cloud debut song is online, and I'm really disappointed.-Teezy Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

So I listened to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and most of Heaven and... Heck by Black Sabbath, as well as The Killing Kind by Overkill.Any thoughts? Ignore me? :P

Heaven And... is brilliant. The first Sabbath album I got and one my favourites by them. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is also good, but I don't like it as much as the first 4 Sabbath albums. To me it just seems to be missing something.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Just picked up Karmacode and Dark Adrenaline by Lacuna Coil, as well as Ozzmosis. They're all pretty great, though Karmacode degrades just before the halfway point.Also the two bonus tracks on Ozzmosis are fantastic.I also got Pieces of Eight by Styx, Permanent Waves by Rush, and 90125 by Yes. Though those aren't metal. :P

Edited by The Xin That Should Not Be

E8c8QpP.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to Flyleaf's new album.

Flyleaf's kinda good, though the vocalist is kinda frightening when she screams. =PI'M SO SIIIIIIIICK Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

http://soundcloud.co...i-die-ex-lives/guys the new Every Time I Die album is streaming (with bonus tracks) right thurrgo listen to it if you want super cool southern-tinged metal

Love love love. Beats out New Junk by so much for me.Also, the Glass Cloud debut song is online, and I'm really disappointed.-Teezy
ex lives is definitely the best thing ETID has donegotta agree with you on Glass Cloud as well :/ so much talent, it's too bad the song isn't too great. hopefully whatever they release next is decent
nhsYE.jpg