The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

I was quite shocked by how solid it is; heavy and technical whilst still retaining a good amount of melody, all of which I enjoy but it is rare to find them working together so well. Gloom is pretty decent too (not as good as Demonocracy, I feel) and even though I have not given both Genesis and Ruination a proper listen yet, what I have heard so far I have found to be pretty tolerable by deathcore standards. Also, have you heard the new Dying Fetus yet? It is pretty amazing.

Edited by -Sykura-

sykurafire.jpg

But my favorite master of the metal genre has to be Madonna.trollface.jpg
i expect better trolling out of you next time. metalheads are literally the easiest fanbase to troll (that being said most of the people here aren't of the raging basement-dweller kind)example:not-metal.jpgthis one image caused quite a bit of imn rage Edited by pls respond
nhsYE.jpg

i expect better trolling out of you next time. metalheads are literally the easiest fanbase to troll (that being said most of the people here aren't of the raging basement-dweller kind)
I would have, but I'm so close to getting banned my trolling has to be at a minimum xd

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

also, what's the general consensus on Dir En Grey here?
I like 'em when the singer doesn't sound like a pig that's being slaughtered. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

so I picked up an album by Howard Jones' old mathcore band, Blood Has Been Sheddear god, why couldn't Killswitch Engage with him be this good?
i need to check them out againwhen i first did i didn't dig them all that much but my taste has developed since then
Have fun watching whitechapel
except i probably won'tgoing for slayer, motorhead, and anthraxi might watch whitechapelto make fun of them
strong elitismwhile you're there you might as well watch TDWP, they put on an excellent live show
nhsYE.jpg

oh god you guysmayhem was so goodi shopped and walked around while all the meh bands played, then anthrax came on and everything was greatthen caught the end of tdwp (lol), and then MOTORHEADand SLAYERand SLIPKNOTi have to admit, last night's show made me a big slipknot fan

only in dreams.

dissenters will inevitably abhorit's more the showmanship with slipknot thoughi definitely like their music more now than I did beforebut just dat showmanshipwhen corey taylor tells you to jump upyou do it and go nuts and it's awesome and crazy

Edited by Makaru

only in dreams.

you could say the same thing about TDWP's live show too, they're pretty great at that tooanyway i went to a show yesterday too. scream it like you meant it though, you guys probably hate literally all the bands that playedall the good bands either played at the beginning or the end so it kinda sucked waiting for super generic bands like Secrets to finish being boring.

nhsYE.jpg

HEY MAKARU I SEE WHAT YOU DIDUNDO ITIT'S NOT LIKE THERE ARE KIDS AROUND HERE ANYMORE ANYWAYare there? I really don't knowim just playin' most of the time about dat elitism though, dudewhitechapel and tdwp are pretty great for what they are, i just don't like metalcore >_>

only in dreams.

they're cool, if stagnantlike they haven't put out a bad album but basically every time they have a new album it just another nile album you can listen to when you want nile, no good or worse than the othersalso i loathe tech death for the most part now so that fact that i like them should be faint praise in some regard

nhsYE.jpg

loathing tech-death? not cool broski, that's mostly what I've been listening to in the metal realm latelywelp, Blood Stain Child's clean vocalist Sophia left after being in the band for only two years and one album.this is incredibly disappointing because she brought a lot to the band and was a very large part of what got me into them in the first placeI guess Ryo, the harsh vocalist, is on his own now for the first time since Idolator.

Edited by Orino Ryuujin

i expect better trolling out of you next time. metalheads are literally the easiest fanbase to troll (that being said most of the people here aren't of the raging basement-dweller kind)example:not-metal.jpgthis one image caused quite a bit of imn rage
Those top bands all look like emo Metalcore junk to me, not metal.:PIs anyone still listening to Black Sabbath, or Maiden around here?

Sabbath are great and I hear their recent couple of shows were as good as they used to be. I love both Ozzy and Dio, but Heaven And H*** is my favourite Sabbath album, maybe with the exception of the self-titled. Still undecided about that, but those two just stand out above the rest.And Maiden are of course amazing. Really jealous of America getting that amazing Maiden England tour with Alice Cooper as support. Really great setlist, would love to see all those songs from Seventh Son live. And The Prisoner.

Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Those top bands all look like emo Metalcore junk to me, not metal. :PIs anyone still listening to Black Sabbath, or Maiden around here?
did you not see the part where i specifically said that was a troll image. looks like my point is proven therealso not a fan of sabbath or maiden anymore but as always i do respect their influences over the genres. Edited by pls respond
nhsYE.jpg