• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Metal Topic

music metal bands

• Please log in to reply
1617 replies to this topic

#1361 Offline Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,031 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'll second Death and Nile, and add Morbid Angel. Also, Dark Age and Amon Amarth for melodeath.

___

Posted Image

___

What is sought is most often found, if it is truly sought...

_

#1362 Offline ElevenGuy

ElevenGuy
  • Members
  • Toa

• 130 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thanks guys!

#1363 Offline Transcendence

Transcendence
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,014 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 01:08 PM

Eh, Flyleaf's new single was what you could call pop mixed with hard rock. Hoping for more heavy stuff when the album comes.
Posted Image
MBTI - Enneagram - Socionics - Holland Quiz

#1364 Offline Crimson Jester

Crimson Jester
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • BZPRPG Enforcer

• 2,788 posts

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 06:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA FLYLEAF IN A METAL TOPIC. THE WORST.Take five, listen to the new Pathology single, and come back.As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.

Posted Image

#1365 Offline Transcendence

Transcendence
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,014 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 06:31 PM

Oh, I'm sorry for not being totally elitist about the metal genre :P I think music is best when they are open to other influences. :)
Posted Image

#1366 Offline Crimson Jester

Crimson Jester
  • BZPRPG Enforcer

• 2,788 posts

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm far from an elitist. But I figured, entering a metal topic, we'd be talking about metal, haha.

Posted Image

#1367 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 06:42 PM

As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.

Nnnope. :)

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#1368 Offline Crimson Jester

Crimson Jester
  • BZPRPG Enforcer

• 2,788 posts

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 06:51 PM

As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.

Then might I suggest you look into a few? Depending on your tastes, I can't promise anything will click, but I can promise all selections are quite brutal, fast, technical, or any combination of the three.

Posted Image

#1369 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 06:56 PM

Then might I suggest you look into a few? Depending on your tastes, I can't promise anything will click, but I can promise all selections are quite brutal, fast, technical, or any combination of the three.

Hehe, brutal isn't really meant for me (unless in very select circumstances), depends on the speed and I don't really care about how technical something sounds. ;)But I'll give some of 'em a whirl.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

#1370 Offline Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
  • Premier Member

• 1,031 posts

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 06:58 PM

So, I discovered today that Motorhead are gonna do a show with Anthrax as support just a 7-minute walk from where I'm gonna live when in university in December. Needless to say, I'll be attending and it should be awesome.Anyone else planning to go to any good shows soon?

___

Posted Image

___

_

#1371 Offline Crimson Jester

Crimson Jester
  • BZPRPG Enforcer

• 2,788 posts

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 07:00 PM

Obituary with Decrepit Birth next weekend; Revocation next month, and two shows in November: Municipal Waste, Napalm Death, and Exhumed; as well as Septic Flesh and Melechesh.

Posted Image

#1372 Offline Transcendence

Transcendence
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,014 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 07:37 PM

I'm far from an elitist. But I figured, entering a metal topic, we'd be talking about metal, haha.

Alternative Metal doesn't count? ;)

Posted Image

#1373 Offline pls respond

pls respond
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 360 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 08:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA FLYLEAF IN A METAL TOPIC. THE WORST.Take five, listen to the new Pathology single, and come back.As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.

even bands you don't like are metal. dunno what it is but people like to exile metal bands they don't like into genres that "aren't metal." take five finger death punch, people will say they're hard rock when they're obviously groovealso lol @ fleshgod. can not take them seriously with those cleans

Posted Image

#1374 Offline Crimson Jester

Crimson Jester
  • BZPRPG Enforcer

• 2,788 posts

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 10:23 AM

I don't mind FFDP, but they are not metal. The song structure and basic elements aren't there. And as for Fleshgod's singing: it takes a minimum ten years of classical training to have that range and control, so it's an appreciation thing whether one likes the sound or not.

Posted Image

#1375 Offline pls respond

pls respond
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 360 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 09:28 PM

care to elaborate because for one song structure is usually not what determines a genre, otherwise every hardcore punk song would have a breakdown. they make every basic quota i can thing ofalso it probably takes a long time to play guitar as well as the members of brain drill can but that doesn't make 3 minutes of noodling any more appealing

Posted Image

#1376 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 07:28 AM

Band confirmed for FortaRock 2013.Rammstein.I can finally see 'em live, yay.Edit: They're also confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2013.

Edited by Valenti, Sep 21 2012 - 07:29 AM.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#1377 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,837 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 11:50 AM

Ah, it had been too long since we had some good old fashioned genre debates. I almost missed it.

Eh, Flyleaf's new single was what you could call pop mixed with hard rock. Hoping for more heavy stuff when the album comes.

New Horizons was, but did you hear Call You Out? Probably their hardest song to date.

Band confirmed for FortaRock 2013.Rammstein.I can finally see 'em live, yay.Edit: They're also confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2013.

Regardless of musical tastes (I like Rammstein, but some of their stuff can be a little... esoteric), they put on one heck of a show.Also also new Deftonessssss. It is most definitely lolDeftones. All over the place, like they were trying to cram in every one of their styles into the same song, but it's still pretty good.

Posted Image

#1378 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 385 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 24 2012 - 10:03 PM

'sup guiselong time no seejust went to riot festit's not really metal-related, but the sword were there so i guess that countsi'm really on a huge descendents kick right now thoughalso, DEFTONES IN NOVEMBER SO EXCITED BROSSO EXCITED

I held yr hand

I drew a line in the sand

I couldn't bear to think you're losing yr mind

But when the red flags bolted up is when yr outlook started shifting

Just a shift requires valued time.

#1379 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,037 posts

Posted Sep 25 2012 - 03:37 AM

Rammstein.

Somehow I never got myself to like much of their music. I mean, the sound is awesome and all, but the lyrics are often very, very... well let's just say I'm not all too fond of them. :/ Which sadly means that there are only 2-3 songs that I can really enjoy.

screenshot_69.jpg

Sometimes appearanes change, but the heart behind them stays the same...

#1380 Offline ~Takava Nirhii~

~Takava Nirhii~
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 228 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 25 2012 - 10:23 PM

Never really liked Rammstein, or industrial metal for that matter. I like industrial when it's the kind that has the synths and light industrial elements like Sybreed or Mnemic, but not the industrial industrial metal, like Rammstein or Ministry. Y'know? I'm not making much sense, am I?Oh, well. This isn't really metal, but I'm really digging Dead Letter Circus right now. And to get back to the metal, The Contortionist's Intrinsic is crazy good.

Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~, Sep 25 2012 - 10:23 PM.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

#1381 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Sep 25 2012 - 11:02 PM

Sybreed

disregarding the rest of your post just to highlight this specific part and say that Sybreed is great

[ my blog ] + [ my profile ] + [ contact ] + [ last.fm ] 

lovely topics you should consider posting in:

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]

#1382 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,279 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 02 2012 - 05:12 PM

So.Rest in peace, Underoath.Tonight is a night for remembrance.-Teezy

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#1383 Offline The Xinlo

The Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,467 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 01:11 AM

So nightwish has lost their second singer... this makes me sad. I liked her.

rushbanner.png

"And the meek shall inherit the earth..."

#1384 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 12:38 PM

Already? Dang.edit: Well, they're continuing the tour at least, with Dutch singer Floor Jansen, who is pretty dang good.

Edited by Valenti, Oct 04 2012 - 10:33 AM.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#1385 Offline ~Takava Nirhii~

~Takava Nirhii~
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 228 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 09:36 PM

Is it me or does the middle of "Take It Out On Me" by Bullet for My Valentine sound a LOT like part of the music from the Toa Mahri games? I've kinda grown out of them, but I can't help but notice the resemblance.

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

#1386 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 385 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 09:35 PM

so im not going to deftonesi has sadwhatever though, i hear their shows are pretty lackluster, and i dont want to ruin the magic of the albumsalso, gojira is so good you guysdat flying whalesdat backbonedat ocean planet

I held yr hand

#1387 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 09:37 PM

also, gojira is so good you guysdat flying whalesdat backbonedat ocean planet

yes, yes, yes and yesI like The Way of All Flesh more than From Mars to Sirius thoughEDIT: also I just realized been it's just over a year since I bought that album, coincidentally

Edited by Orino Ryuujin, Oct 12 2012 - 09:39 PM.

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]

#1388 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 385 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 09:44 PM

they're like mastodonbut betterbut i can't quite describe what it is they have that mastodon is missing

I held yr hand

#1389 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 09:52 PM

I've never ever gotten the Mastodon comparisonand I love both bands to deathbut Mastodon is progressive sludge and Gojira is technical death-groove and they sound completely differentalso Insomnium ladies and gentlemen, top-notch melodeath with some of the best lyrics I've read in the metal genre, period

Edited by Orino Ryuujin, Oct 12 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#1390 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 385 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 10:42 PM

I've never ever gotten the Mastodon comparison

i think it may be the whales

I held yr hand

#1391 Offline ~Takava Nirhii~

~Takava Nirhii~
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 228 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2012 - 10:35 PM

This topic has gone way too long without a post...Here, I'll help. Listen to Monuments for some mighty fine djent. Look up the video for the instrumental version of "The Uncollective," it's insane.

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

#1392 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Oct 21 2012 - 10:59 PM

djentblehI'd rather listen to Meshuggah

#1393 Offline Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
  • Premier Member

• 1,031 posts

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 03:05 PM

Been listening to the new My Dying Bride album quite a bit, it's good.Not much more metal left this year that I'm looking forward to, other than the Cathedral album. Doesn't look like the new Black Sabbath, Slayer and Rob Zombie albums will be released this year.Also, went to see Devin Townsend last Wednesday. He was brilliant.

___

Posted Image

___

_

#1394 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 31 2012 - 05:47 PM

Taking the new Kamelot album, Silverthorn, out for a spin.It's a great album and the new guy, Tommy Karevik, is a great addition to the band.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#1395 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Nov 01 2012 - 02:51 PM

Mitch Lucker, vocalist of Suicide Silence, has died as a result of injuries he sustained in a motorcycle accident yesterday. I've never liked the band, but man.. it was so sudden. Tragic.

Edited by Ryuujin, Nov 01 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#1396 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,279 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 01 2012 - 07:17 PM

I met him once at Warped with a friend, and he was a really sweet and genuine dude. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.-Teezy

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#1397 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 11:21 PM

Today I got At the Throne of Judgment's The Arcanum Order.One of the best "straightforward" deathcore bands of all time IMO, it's a shame they broke up after just one album. You guys should definitely give it a listen if it you enjoy deathcore.

#1398 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 11:30 PM

So after a quick keyword search, I've noted what appears to be a complete absence of Turisas and Korpiklaani in this topic, and that's terrible.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#1399 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 05:44 PM

Corrosion of Conformity just released a new EP for free download, s'pretty goodalso is anyone else really super psyched for the 2-disc remaster/reissue of Death's Spiritual Healing album that drops next Tuesday?EDIT: many many many thanks to Makaru for making the topic official!

Edited by Ryuujin, Nov 15 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#1400 Offline Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
  • Premier Member

• 1,031 posts

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 10:42 AM

Speaking of reissues, the 20th anniversary edition of Rage Against The Machine is coming out in a week. While I'm usually not really that into reissues, especially of albums I already own, disc 2 has my interest with the rare tracks and demos, so I might consider getting it.

___

Posted Image

___

_

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users