The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

HAHAHAHAHAHA FLYLEAF IN A METAL TOPIC. THE WORST.Take five, listen to the new Pathology single, and come back.As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.
Nnnope. :)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.
Then might I suggest you look into a few? Depending on your tastes, I can't promise anything will click, but I can promise all selections are quite brutal, fast, technical, or any combination of the three.

Then might I suggest you look into a few? Depending on your tastes, I can't promise anything will click, but I can promise all selections are quite brutal, fast, technical, or any combination of the three.
Hehe, brutal isn't really meant for me (unless in very select circumstances), depends on the speed and I don't really care about how technical something sounds. ;)But I'll give some of 'em a whirl.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

HAHAHAHAHAHA FLYLEAF IN A METAL TOPIC. THE WORST.Take five, listen to the new Pathology single, and come back.As for solid metal, here's a few of my favorites. Anyone around here listen to any of this?The Faceless, Archspire, Abominable Putridity, Beneath the Massacre, First Fragment, Parasitic Extirpation, Soreption, Severed Savior, Spawn of Possession, Vale of Pnath, Revocation, Pathology (aforementioned), Abnormity, Keep of Kalessin, Immersed, Peste Noire, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exhumed, Eighty Thousand Dead, Disfiguring the Goddess, Diskreet, Dying Fetus, Dyscarnate, Deeds of Flesh, Deivos, Cerebral Bore, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, Augury, Beyond Creation, Enfold Darkness, Fallujah, Hedonistic Exility, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, and so on, so forth.
even bands you don't like are metal. dunno what it is but people like to exile metal bands they don't like into genres that "aren't metal." take five finger death punch, people will say they're hard rock when they're obviously groovealso lol @ fleshgod. can not take them seriously with those cleans
nhsYE.jpg

I don't mind FFDP, but they are not metal. The song structure and basic elements aren't there. And as for Fleshgod's singing: it takes a minimum ten years of classical training to have that range and control, so it's an appreciation thing whether one likes the sound or not.

care to elaborate because for one song structure is usually not what determines a genre, otherwise every hardcore punk song would have a breakdown. they make every basic quota i can thing ofalso it probably takes a long time to play guitar as well as the members of brain drill can but that doesn't make 3 minutes of noodling any more appealing

nhsYE.jpg

Band confirmed for FortaRock 2013.Rammstein.I can finally see 'em live, yay.Edit: They're also confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2013.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Ah, it had been too long since we had some good old fashioned genre debates. I almost missed it.

Eh, Flyleaf's new single was what you could call pop mixed with hard rock. Hoping for more heavy stuff when the album comes.
New Horizons was, but did you hear Call You Out? Probably their hardest song to date.
Band confirmed for FortaRock 2013.Rammstein.I can finally see 'em live, yay.Edit: They're also confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2013.
Regardless of musical tastes (I like Rammstein, but some of their stuff can be a little... esoteric), they put on one heck of a show.Also also new Deftonessssss. It is most definitely lolDeftones. All over the place, like they were trying to cram in every one of their styles into the same song, but it's still pretty good.

Rammstein.
Somehow I never got myself to like much of their music. I mean, the sound is awesome and all, but the lyrics are often very, very... well let's just say I'm not all too fond of them. :/ Which sadly means that there are only 2-3 songs that I can really enjoy.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Never really liked Rammstein, or industrial metal for that matter. I like industrial when it's the kind that has the synths and light industrial elements like Sybreed or Mnemic, but not the industrial industrial metal, like Rammstein or Ministry. Y'know? I'm not making much sense, am I?Oh, well. This isn't really metal, but I'm really digging Dead Letter Circus right now. And to get back to the metal, The Contortionist's Intrinsic is crazy good.

Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

So nightwish has lost their second singer... this makes me sad. I liked her.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Already? Dang.edit: Well, they're continuing the tour at least, with Dutch singer Floor Jansen, who is pretty dang good.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Is it me or does the middle of "Take It Out On Me" by Bullet for My Valentine sound a LOT like part of the music from the Toa Mahri games? I've kinda grown out of them, but I can't help but notice the resemblance.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

also, gojira is so good you guysdat flying whalesdat backbonedat ocean planet
yes, yes, yes and yesI like The Way of All Flesh more than From Mars to Sirius thoughEDIT: also I just realized been it's just over a year since I bought that album, coincidentally Edited by Orino Ryuujin

I've never ever gotten the Mastodon comparisonand I love both bands to deathbut Mastodon is progressive sludge and Gojira is technical death-groove and they sound completely differentalso Insomnium ladies and gentlemen, top-notch melodeath with some of the best lyrics I've read in the metal genre, period

Edited by Orino Ryuujin

• 2 weeks later...

This topic has gone way too long without a post...Here, I'll help. Listen to Monuments for some mighty fine djent. Look up the video for the instrumental version of "The Uncollective," it's insane.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

Been listening to the new My Dying Bride album quite a bit, it's good.Not much more metal left this year that I'm looking forward to, other than the Cathedral album. Doesn't look like the new Black Sabbath, Slayer and Rob Zombie albums will be released this year.Also, went to see Devin Townsend last Wednesday. He was brilliant.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Taking the new Kamelot album, Silverthorn, out for a spin.It's a great album and the new guy, Tommy Karevik, is a great addition to the band.

f9Qcky7.png

So after a quick keyword search, I've noted what appears to be a complete absence of Turisas and Korpiklaani in this topic, and that's terrible.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 2 weeks later...

Corrosion of Conformity just released a new EP for free download, s'pretty goodalso is anyone else really super psyched for the 2-disc remaster/reissue of Death's Spiritual Healing album that drops next Tuesday?EDIT: many many many thanks to Makaru for making the topic official!

Edited by Ryuujin