• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Metal Topic

music metal bands

• Please log in to reply
1690 replies to this topic

#1681 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 23-September 06
  • 1,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 04 2014 - 09:30 PM

I haven't listened to Trivium in a long time, but I used to really dig Ascendancy and Shogun a lot

might have to give those another listen sometime

edit: coincidentally, just found out that Ember to Inferno is getting reissued in the near future. might have to check that out too.

Edited by Ryuujin, Dec 04 2014 - 09:36 PM.

[ my blog ] + [ my profile ] + [ contact ] + [ last.fm ] 

lovely topics you should consider posting in:

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]

#1682 Offline Evergrey_Toa

Evergrey_Toa
  • New Members
  • Turaga

• 27-November 14
  • 64 posts

Posted Dec 04 2014 - 10:00 PM

I haven't listened to Trivium in a long time, but I used to really dig Ascendancy and Shogun a lot

might have to give those another listen sometime

edit: coincidentally, just found out that Ember to Inferno is getting reissued in the near future. might have to check that out too.

Good thing I haven't bought that album yet...I'd rather just buy the reissue.

#1683 Offline Ghost of Romance

Ghost of Romance
  • Premier Member
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts

Posted Dec 05 2014 - 04:57 AM

+1 for Iron Maiden though, they are indeed amazing. Trivium I also used to like quite a lot, but these days Shogun is the only album of theirs that I still sometimes come back to.

Maiden is just a classic! And I'd have to call Shogun my favorite album from the band, closely followed by In Waves. Which songs are the ones you value the most from Shogun?

Shogun, Kirisute Gomen and Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis are my favourites.

___

boris_noise_2.jpg

___

_

#1684 Offline Evergrey_Toa

Evergrey_Toa
  • New Members
  • Turaga

• 27-November 14
  • 64 posts

Posted Dec 05 2014 - 03:47 PM

Shogun, Kirisute Gomen and Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis are my favourites.

I quite enjoy "Gomen," Shogun, Insurrection, and I LARGELY enjoy Throes of Perdition. That one and the title track are the greatest things about that album, although it's an album I can listen to in one sitting when the mood is right.

#1685 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 23-September 06
  • 1,588 posts

Posted Dec 06 2014 - 05:38 PM

take this with a massive spoonful of salt, but somebody on the Megadeth forum who claims to be in-the-know (and apparently is a longtime member who has been right about things before) has said that next year the Big 4 (save possibly for Metallica, who seem to be taking their time) will all release their new albums within a relatively short span of time and then do another Big 4 tour in support of them all. said person also has indicated that Marty Friedman and Nick Menza will be rejoining Megadeth, possibly for the new album and a tour to celebrate Rust in Peace's 25th anniversary.

all this is just rumor and hearsay, but it's pretty interesting nonetheless.

Edited by Ryuujin, Dec 06 2014 - 05:41 PM.

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]

#1686 Offline Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-August 04
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2014 - 04:37 AM

i would make a tremendous effort to see megadeth's rust in peace lineup

i mean they just did a rust in peace 20th anniversary tour 4 years ago, and even released rust in peace live so i dont know why they would play it in full but if they played it in full with the album lineup i would be so happy

and another big 4 tour, aw yiss

...except slayer's lost jeff and metallica's been bleh for like 20 years now but hey, a big 4 tour

Please let that be you

Ringing my phone just like
I wish you would do
Calling with some good news

#1687 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 23-September 06
  • 1,588 posts

Posted Dec 08 2014 - 02:55 PM

by all accounts I've heard, Metallica are still great live, so there's that.

on a related note: Anthrax have officially announced they're in the studio recording their new album for an early 2015 release.

also in Megadeth-related developments, Nick Menza has officially stated that he's open to rejoining, while Dave Ellefson has stated that he and Mustaine are "re-evaluating the future" and still intend to record their new album in early 2015 for a release sometime in the summer.

#1688 Offline The Xinlo

The Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 16-December 04
  • 1,475 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2014 - 03:26 PM

super excited for more anthrax/megadeth news. now if only metallica could get their act together and finally release a new album

also nightwish annonced a release date for their first single from the upcoming album with Floor Jansen, called "√Član". very excited for that too

tth4_banner2.png

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

#1689 Offline Ryuujin

Ryuujin
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 23-September 06
  • 1,588 posts

Posted Dec 12 2014 - 01:35 AM

been diggin the debut EP by Necromancing the Stone, a project formed by members of Arsis, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Absence, and Brimstone Coven. it has more of a traditional heavy metal style than the aforementioned bands, with vocals sort of reminiscent of Messiah Marcolin from Candlemass and occasional backing harsh vox.

EP's free on their bandcamp. solid stuff.

#1690 Offline Ghost of Romance

Ghost of Romance
  • Premier Member
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 21-July 06
  • 1,031 posts

Posted Dec 12 2014 - 08:54 PM

I'm really digging the new Bloodbath album, Grand Morbid Funeral. When they released the first single I wasn't feeling Nick's vocals, but now I do think that they really fit the music well. I was expecting him to use the same style as he did on the early Paradise Lost albums and that's probably what threw me off with the single, but I'm really digging the new vocals now.

As far as death metal supergroups with members of Paradise Lost go this year, I still prefer Vallenfyre's album, but this is really great too.

Also gave a listen to the new Architects album, Lost Forever // Lost Together, and to my surprise I liked it quite a bit. The last album I've heard from them was Hollow Crown, after which I pretty much stopped listening to metalcore, but I'm really enjoying this new one.

Might have to go back and check out the two albums I missed, although I remember not liking what I did hear from The Here and Now.

___

boris_noise_2.jpg

___

_

#1691 Offline Angel Beat

Angel Beat
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 02-April 03
  • 4,665 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 13 2014 - 08:27 AM

by all accounts I've heard, Metallica are still great live, so there's that.

Seen them live on Rock Werchter this year, so can confirm. :P

~Everybody wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

tailgunner001.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users