The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

The UK Sonisphere festival got cancelled today. So much for my plans to see Refused, Faith No More, Mastodon, Katatonia, Gojira and Kiss :(

Maybe some of them will head to Reading. That lineup is godawful this year.I was kinda hoping to see DVD footage of the Refused/Glassjaw/Hundred Reasons trio.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm starting to listen to more of Overkill (East Side, baby! Or are they west? East NEVER gets mentioned for Thrash!), and it's fantastic.Pantera, anyone? I think they were THE BEST at what they did.Oh, how I remember the past Metal Topic. I was getting FLAMED left and right! :PHow I do not miss 'em.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Pantera doesn't even sound like Thrash what are you doing dudealso nice avatar Pantera, i'm admiring how open-minded you areyou guys should check out This Is "Heck" (their named gets censored here, blah). pretty sweet Thrash with a tinge of hardcore (so Crossover Thrash, basically). great band though

nhsYE.jpg

Pantera doesn't even sound like Thrash what are you doing dudealso nice avatar Pantera, i'm admiring how open-minded you areyou guys should check out This Is "Heck" (their named gets censored here, blah). pretty sweet Thrash with a tinge of hardcore (so Crossover Thrash, basically). great band though

I call groove watered down thrash.

that makes no sense whatsoever though, groove is completely different

^ TIH did a cover of Pantera's Rise for a Dimebag tribute a couple of years ago. That's about as much as I've heard of them, but it was quite good.

well if you do want to check out some more, Black Mass is an awesome album.they're signed to Rise of all labels, which i find a little odd
nhsYE.jpg

His avatar speaks the truth, you know. :P

Wait what? I thought groove was a subgenre of thrash?Also, just listened to TIH, "Black Mass" and I think that it is the first crossover thrash band that I have enjoyed.Also, new Dying Fetus: "Reign Supreme" teaser is up. Edited by -Sykura-

sykurafire.jpg

i mean i guess Groove does have Thrash origins, but it's certainly it's own thing now. and it's not "watered-down" Thrash, thrash elitism is probably the worst thing ever.glad to see that you enjoyed TIH though, they're a great band.

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

^ TIH did a cover of Pantera's Rise for a Dimebag tribute a couple of years ago. That's about as much as I've heard of them, but it was quite good.

well if you do want to check out some more, Black Mass is an awesome album.they're signed to Rise of all labels, which i find a little odd
Not necessarily, Rise had its roots in hardcore and pop-punk and they've been getting back to that a lot in the last year.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

so straying from the Rise discussion (probably because i don't have much positive to say about BT)you guys should check out Make Them Suffer. fantastic Symphonic Deathcore from Australia. imagine Fleshgod Apocalypse minus the (awful) singing and add a breakdown or two in there. they just released a new track called "Neverbloom". get on it, brosspeaking of FGA, you guys like?

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg